FIFA 12 Discussion Thread

It's boring - And I am thinking about FIFA ;) But it is on my phone! :p

No - The whole Danish Superliga is represented in the game :) It is fully licensed! And always has been :D

Playing as my beloved Aalborg BK - I am reallt excited about Youth Academy and am looking forward to see how the growth is implemented this year! We have a 16-yo player called Lukas Andersen, that is one of the biggest talents in Denmark.. He is a OVR 63 now - Hoping he will grow to a star player and sell him for 30mio€ to Real Madrid ;)

First pre-season friendly, lo and behold I can still only make 3 subs, 100% sure it was confirmed by someone/somewhere you can make a lot more subs in friendly matches?

Hey guys i need some help.

I want to play this game with a few friends, 2vs2. We agreed to split the costs of the season ticket ;-)

But i'm on ps3 and live in the netherlands. I have a credit card but cant add any funds to my us account.

I can't find the option to buy a season ticket on my european account. I can't go to the store to buy psn network cards because the stores are closed.

Can i order an 'american' psn network card online and add funds to my us account?

Any other solutions? How did u guys (the ones in the UK/Europe) playing the game on ps3 do it?

Cheers.

I'm not up to speed with anything PS3 related but until someone else replies...

It's not available at all on EU PS3 and won't be, you need a US account as you're aware so just need to add some money to it, not sure how that works I guess like MS points there are sellers that you can buy one from and get a code to enter to put the points onto your system?

Edit: I bought MS Points from this German online store in February and got the code in my Email within 90 minutes so would trust them, they also sell PSN US http://www.gamecodes24.com/Playstation-Live-Cards/USA.html?x67acb=3st3394jmtmk9v92nfc0cj70p6

Last edited:
It's boring - And I am thinking about FIFA ;) But it is on my phone! :p

No - The whole Danish Superliga is represented in the game :) It is fully licensed! And always has been :D

Playing as my beloved Aalborg BK - I am reallt excited about Youth Academy and am looking forward to see how the growth is implemented this year! We have a 16-yo player called Lukas Andersen, that is one of the biggest talents in Denmark.. He is a OVR 63 now - Hoping he will grow to a star player and sell him for 30mio€ to Real Madrid ;)

You're right. My bad. Got confused for a second.

Is there a playoff type thing in Danish Super league? If NOT, then I don't mind giving Aalborg or another team in the league a CM mode try when I get my hands on the game.

How is the data in the league you find? Is there proper difference between good/bad players..? Do a lot of players in your squad have different strengths/weaknesses like 'traits' and etc. ? IF there is proper differentiation, then I'll definitely give this a go.

Changed injury occurrence and severity to 70, 2nd friendly of the season I win a corner, balls comes in and players challenge, Kolo Toure goes to the ground clutching his shoulder, broken collarbone out for 3 months :)

placebo mate can you get arabic commentary or is going to be a dlc

I'll have to check tomorrow, sorry I forgot :)

Changed injury occurrence and severity to 70, 2nd friendly of the season I win a corner, balls comes in and players challenge, Kolo Toure goes to the ground clutching his shoulder, broken collarbone out for 3 months

I blame the drugs.

How you finding the gameplay, mate?

It's not available at all on EU PS3 and won't be, you need a US account as you're aware so just need to add some money to it, not sure how that works I guess like MS points there are sellers that you can buy one from and get a code to enter to put the points onto your system?

Edit: I bought MS Points from this German online store in February and got the code in my Email within 90 minutes so would trust them, they also sell PSN US http://www.gamecodes24.com/Playstation-Live-Cards/USA.html?x67acb=3st3394jmtmk9v92nfc0cj70p6

Thanks Placebo. I'll order some points and see where that takes me.

Im very disapointed. The new dribbling is too easy and overpowered, sooner or later everyone will be dribbling with the best player, no need to use the pass button...:RANT:

Changed injury occurrence and severity to 70, 2nd friendly of the season I win a corner, balls comes in and players challenge, Kolo Toure goes to the ground clutching his shoulder, broken collarbone out for 3 months :)

Try the same for the cpu team and let's see them lose players to serious injury. As if.....

I'll have to check tomorrow, sorry I forgot :)

thank you i look forward to it

This - the game would be the closest FIFA yet to the way football actually plays except the CPU almost never bloody fouls you!
Been playing for two days, 10-minute time setting and the most the CPU has fouled me in a match is twice which happened one time - the norm is zero to one foul per. I've tried precision dribbling, shoulder button, holding it up in traffic and it doesn't seem to matter - the CPU won't lunge in or if they do you get knocked to the floor and bloody Tyler talks about how fair the challenge was.
This all means free kicks for you are almost non-existent while on the other hand you're the only one who's going to be getting carded as I haven't seen the CPU booked once. Really detracts from the sense of realism -

They've attempted to correct the imbalance from last year, in which defending was over-powered, and they've over-compensated, again. Now, rather than tackling being easy and simple versus the CPU, it's complex and near impossible.

If you want to see the CPU foul you, all you need to do is stop on the ball. Wait for the CPU (eventually) to come in for a tackle and at the last minute, try to avoid with the left stick only. Half the time the result will be a foul. Otherwise, it's just near-impossible for defenders to make challenges right now.

FIFA 12 plays a much better brand of football than 11 but there are some serious issues with the new defensive system. I guess at least 3-3 draws are more exciting than 0-0 draws.

Well, played a few more games, and some Clubs with my VP. Still haven't been fouled, still end games with two tackles, CPU Passing always 90% or above.
Online people still play the same in clubs, everyone swarming the ball, running the exact same way, etc. And I don't like the new rating system at all, I lose points for being in position if I don't touch the ball which is near impossible with 4'9" players sprinting up and down the field trying to burn by everyone or trick around them. Did earn two penalties last game with some precision dribbling/slow dribbling against some human players though.

I didnt play any of the demo, but decided ot buy the season ticket today. I was very excited!

Disappointingly I dont like the game.

Your team is still stupid when it comes ot off the ball runs. If this game had PES' off the ball AI it would be fantastic.

As mentioned very few fouls. Not seen the CPU do one sliding tackle and I've probably had 7 or 8 games.

The goalkeepers seem to be perfect IMO. Great balance of mistakes and good saves. All realistic though.

Ultimately I feel a bit let down. No fun whatsoever so far.

I am downloading the game right now. Didn't know you could buy psn cards online and use them for the us psn store.

Too bad gamecodes24.com accepted my order, took my money and did not deliver the cards/codes. I had waited for three hours, while playing the demo, sent them a few emails... nothing.

I sent them an email telling them that i wanted to cancel my order, get my money back and didn't want them to send any codes. I order from another site and got the codes immediately. Didn't even take a minute.

Anyway, going to bed now. If all goes right fifa 12 will be on my ps3's harddrive when i wake up in the morning.

Played up until the close of the transfer window in career mode. Transfers are great - I'm Spurs and had teams coming in for Modric all month even though he wasn't listed. Accepted a £44m bid from Man City for him but negotiations broke down and he didn't sign.

A week later, Man U come in with a £50m bid. I accept, Modric is happy and moves. I sign Hamsik to replace him.

Then on transfer deadline day (which is fucking ace), I sign Hulk. The presentation throughout CM is infinitely better - for example, after signing Hamsik, the next match I played, at the start the camera panned around him in the lineup while the commentators mentioned 'the new signing'. A great little touch.

Could someone do some experiments with both sliders and CT's. Set the sliders to both extremes with regular tactics and watch an AI-AI match. Set two CT's (all out attack and long ball defensive or something equally different) and see how much effect they both have? Max, do you want to do it?

10 had decent CT's, 11 was crap.

Oh and to help Winston, repeat the test with AI vs human to see if it still works ;)

Would be much appreciated as I'm in the US reading all the impressions (and won't be back till next weekend with the game in the luggage).

Back
Top Bottom