Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

He was given a highly lucrative contract but Tevez chose more money at City.I would love to be treated like that shit.

Aww no... SAF lied about offering him a contract. Early in the season he was talking about Tevez already being in negotiations. Tevez came out days later after those comments from SAF and said he hadn't been offered anything. Then that continued into January. Tevez for rest of the season kept playing his tail off trying to prove he was worth the money. In the end he proved it to the fans at seasons end. Where it was Tevez, (not Ronaldo nor Rooney) who got the biggest cheer when his name was announced during the trophy celebration at Old Trafford. What do you expect a human being to do when he feels like he is not wanted.

Love this quote from SAF, "people love triers." Priceless. Doesn't get any clearer than that.

You're very easily led.

Read this timeline with quotes. Taken it from another forum.

August 2007 - Tevez signs for United. United's attack consists of Rooney, Saha, Tevez, Ronaldo.

May 2008 - United lift European Cup to compliment the Premiership trophy.

August 2008 - Perenial Injury victim Louis Saha looks on his way out as a squad with just Rooney and Tevez as recognised strikers with Ronaldo (who it is now known was playing his last season with us, something Fergie already knew).
Ferguson knew he would need to add another striker and as he is a manager always looking to the future he felt another dimension
was needed which is why he felt he should bring in Berbatov.

August 2008 - Berbatov signs, seeing that we have Rooney - Tevez and Berbatov with a soon to be leaving Ronaldo as our attack.

December 5th 2008 -
There is no imminent prospect of Tevez signing a contract, despite a series of negotiations between the player's adviser Kia Joorabchian and United chief executive David Gill.

Having been through such difficulties many times before, not least with former captain Roy Keane and Rio Ferdinand – who was famously heckled during a pre-season tour of Asia four years ago as he delayed signing a lucrative extension – Ferguson remains calm about the situation.

"It doesn't frustrate me," he said. "I have been used to it over the years. You just have to be patient.

"It is not as if we have been short of negotiations. But I think we all know they can take a long time, and this one is just going along.

"David has been talking to his agent, so it is best left to him."

So..... We weren't making any effort to sign him? December 2008 and Carlos and his agent are being "difficult".

December 16th 2008 -
Carlos Tevez said:
“We have been talking about it and everything is very advanced, as a consequence I think it will be sorted soon.
I feel respected by my team-mates and by the staff.”.
January 4th 2009 -
Carlos Tevez said:
“We have not started talks with Manchester United yet, though I am keen to stay. Sir Alex Ferguson has told me he wants me to remain a United player and that is certainly my desire too. My contract ends in the summer and we have agreed to sit down at the end of the season and discuss a new contract, nothing I have heard from the club suggests it will be otherwise. There is simply no reason to sit down now.
I have a great relationship with Sir Alex and I hope that will continue long into the future.”
April 2nd 2009 -
Carlos Tevez said:
“From the moment I arrived, he has treated me with respect as a person. His greatest quality is that, for him, there are no star players - everyone is equal, whether they cost many millions or are a young player who hasn’t played many times for the team. When I see him work
he reminds me of Carlos Bianchi, who was my coach at Boca Juniors in Argentina. Both have had a big influence on my career,
and both know how to treat people.”

May 10th 2009 -
Carlos Tevez said:
"Now it's time for me to think about my future," Tevez says.

"It's not as if I feel I have walked out of Manchester United or done something wrong. I have done everything I possibly could at Manchester but they have not offered me a contract.

I have a great relationship with the fans and I think that everyone will understand that wherever I go I give 100 per cent – at United, like I did at West Ham, at Corinthians, at Boca.

I am leaving because the circumstances have created a situation forcing me to leave.I want to be very clear. In the two years I have been at Manchester United I have read that I have asked for '£6 million, £9 million, £12 million, £1 million, £2 million'. But I have never, ever asked [chief executive] David Gill or Alex Ferguson – nor have I had any
meeting with anyone about my contract – for money.

Therefore when I sign for another club if anyone says 'it was impossible for Carlos to sign for Man United because he was asking for too much money'
then it is not true. I know that maybe after, when I leave, people will say 'he left for money' but listen, no. Be very clear that there has not been
one single meeting about my personal contract. And now it's over."

So what changed Carlos? You were happy to wait until the season was over... "not about money"? No one has said it was.... could it be that City have offered you alot of money and you know the talk will soon start changing to that of money.....

Jun 27th - United are understood to have agreed a £25m deal for Carlos Tevez who's contract runs out on Jun 30th.

Jun 30th - Tevez understood to have agreed a deal 2 weeks ago with Manchester City.

July 14th 2009 - Tevez signs for City on a £150,000 a week contract for a reported £45m.
Carlos Tevez said:
“I was there for two years and Sir Alex never called or sent any text messages in that time.
The only time he talked to me was after a match against Roma to discuss a situation about going to play for Argentina.
It doesn’t seem that this is the way to treat a player in two years at the club. It doesn’t seem there is a line of communication.”

So lets get this straight.

1. We talk contracts, Tevez and Joorbachin are impossible to negotiate with. Tevez is happy with how he is treated.

2. Tevez denys talk of any contract talks but says he has agreed with Ferguson to to talk about it after the season has finished...

3. Before the season is finished, he starts talking about how money is not an issue but they have never had any contract talks and this upsets him,
despite agreeing it is best to wait unitl the football is finished....

4.United then agree a deal with Joorbachin for Carlos Tevez, who is one of only three strikers at the club following the departure of Ronaldo to Madrid, but Tevez had already agreed a big money deal with City....

Of course it wasn't the money.

You are a mercenary mary poppin who took all the United fans for mugs, you disrespected Ferguson and still maintain that "you had no choice to leave United" and that we will regret not treating you better".

I hope you get run over by your own Bentley.

You and your crooked agent are an example of everything that is wrong with modern football, so it's more than fitting that you join City.

Ferguson's United will more forward with the same class and values we've stood by for 132 years.

Sorry for the OT.

Tevez is at least half the player Ronaldo is. If Berbatov is 30 why is Tevez only 25? By the way it is always about money. No matter who it is. Every player has his price.

Last edited:
I really hope we will see trophy celebrations this year. It's about fkin time!
Gary Paterson already confirmed that they are included ;)

EA_GaryPaterson said:
Hi,

These are nice ideas and certainly we can consider this in the future, but the reason I have not chosen to invest in this in the past is that these scenes are very expensive to make, even more so if we are to put the kind of variety in that would be needed to stop them getting repetitive. Additionally most people will never watch them so I have have chosen to spend my animation time on gameplay animations that everyone will benefit from.

We have however, refreshed the intro, half time and full time scenes and added Cup celebration scenes.

Thanks.

Awesome! :))

May I ask what question he is answering in the first part of the quote?
"but the reason I have not chosen to invest in this in the past is that these scenes are very expensive to make..." etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTindle View Post
now by little things i mean things such as cut-scenes in particular.

simple things that in my opinion should be in any fifa game such as:

injury cut-scenes(better ones)
bench players cut-scenes
4th official cut-scenes
substitution cut-scenes
players warming up cut-scenes
battling managers cut-scenes(although normal manager ones are in wc game)

now i think these should be in all fifa games anyway and i was trying to think of any reason as to why they aren't in.
i personally feel that ea has overlooked some of these things to please people who play online. by this i mean...

when I play online cut-scenes can be annoying and to add more and more would be annoying even more so when playing online. im sure almost all of you would agree.

However, i play offline alot more than online and when playing offline i want these things in! these little things make the game realistic and more fun to play.
Manager Mode would be so much better with things like these in.

i know not everyone will want more cut-scenes in so there should be an option wether you want them on or not.

so simple answer is to leave them out of online but let offline players have the option to choose.

for me its common sense and pleasing the online community is the only thing that is somewhat logical that i can think of for these not being in.
anyone feel the same?

thoughts?

To be honest some of these are a must, and what's worse just showing the same clip of the guy getting up and waving while holding his leg?...

Last edited:
Personally I'm for as little cutscenes as possible during gameplay. I prefer the current ingame stuff far more (Ref giving cards from matchcam). I guess that's in large part that I think most of them look crap anyway, (Up-the-arse-cam anyone?!) but also I want to get on with the game.

I would rather have the cam do a zoom-out (PES Kickoff cam) and show bench players, 4th official do their stuff like that instead of a cutscene that make the players look naff anyway.

Celebration and pre/HT/end game cutscenes on the other hand have to be improved drastically. Or if going for so mnay cutscenes back the camera the #@$%-up. The problem is that they are far too close to the players/ref's and at stupid unrealistic angles.

Personally I'm for as little cutscenes as possible during gameplay. I prefer the current ingame stuff far more (Ref giving cards from matchcam). I guess that's in large part that I think most of them look crap anyway, (Up-the-arse-cam anyone?!) but also I want to get on with the game.

I would rather have the cam do a zoom-out (PES Kickoff cam) and show bench players, 4th official do their stuff like that instead of a cutscene that make the players look naff anyway.

Celebration and pre/HT/end game cutscenes on the other hand have to be improved drastically. Or if going for so mnay cutscenes back the camera the #@$%-up. The problem is that they are far too close to the players/ref's and at stupid unrealistic angles.

I would too but my personal gripe is the injury one (the only one) where he stands up feels his leg, waves then freezes, the whole off the field and non game-play animations and detail is nothing short of shocking compared to other titles, even within EA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTindle View Post
now by little things i mean things such as cut-scenes in particular.

simple things that in my opinion should be in any fifa game such as:

injury cut-scenes(better ones)
bench players cut-scenes
4th official cut-scenes
substitution cut-scenes
players warming up cut-scenes
battling managers cut-scenes(although normal manager ones are in wc game)

now i think these should be in all fifa games anyway and i was trying to think of any reason as to why they aren't in.
i personally feel that ea has overlooked some of these things to please people who play online. by this i mean...

when I play online cut-scenes can be annoying and to add more and more would be annoying even more so when playing online. im sure almost all of you would agree.

However, i play offline alot more than online and when playing offline i want these things in! these little things make the game realistic and more fun to play.
Manager Mode would be so much better with things like these in.

i know not everyone will want more cut-scenes in so there should be an option wether you want them on or not.

so simple answer is to leave them out of online but let offline players have the option to choose.

for me its common sense and pleasing the online community is the only thing that is somewhat logical that i can think of for these not being in.
anyone feel the same?

thoughts?

To be honest some of these are a must, and what's worse just showing the same clip of the guy getting up and waving while holding his leg?...

Thanks!

Personally I'm for as little cutscenes as possible during gameplay. I prefer the current ingame stuff far more (Ref giving cards from matchcam).
I agree. I think as much as possible should be done from the match camera, and any cut scenes should have a purpose (like subs and injuries, although I think it would be possible to do these from the match camera too) rather than be visual fluff.

I always thought that the manager cut-scenes in WC could/should be a feedback mechanic. If I see Lippi waving his arms in a way that clearly says 'push up, press higher!', and then his team start pressing higher up the pitch for a period of time, that would be quite cool.

They're not going to model every manager from every club team, anyway.

Am I right in saying that the ONLY way to avoid customisable teams online, ie; created players maxed out on 100 stats which is possible, is by playing ranked games? That's real bad coz the best matches can normally be had in unranked section as you don't get the 'win at all costs' attitude as much.

Yeh I'm fairly sure you're right with that. It would be nice if that was a filter for unranked - custom teams yes/no, for instance. Frankly, the whole multiplayer search system could really do with a revamp - wish I'd got round to making a thread on it this year, because frankly, esp. as a manual player it's a pain in the **** still.

Also, although it's fantastic that there is a manual leaderboard now but why not a semi leaderboard. As a mainly semi user it looks like I'm having to face fully assisted abusers again. I'm sure pro passing will help but I doubt if it will be enough.

On a better note, great that tournaments are now introduced into CLUBS mode

Semi doesn't really have an identity in the way the other settings do, so it gets treated less seriously. Shame really.

It'd be good if we had some ideas for how the online system should work - like an overall system that's user friendly and helps you actually find games. Also stuff like how to encourage people to use different teams without punishing them (too much) for using the same side. Rather than forcing you not to pick Barcelona, encourage people to pick Tottenham/St Pauli/Benfica.

Bottom line is he wasn't especially good for us in his last season, including the last few months when he didn't try as hard as ant0n suggests. He was nothing like the £25.5m or so he'd have cost us, let alone the £35m or so that was being speculated as his price for those who hadn't paid loan fees.

He tries, sure. But he wasn't a great fit for a Ronaldo-less Utd.

Let's keep it on-topic though ;)

Not seeing many questions in the questions thread!

I think I'm missing the point of the questions thread... is it just to get more preview info ahead of release? Or is it actually questions for EA themselves? Because if it's the former, I already know I'll end up buying the game, so it sort of makes little difference :CONF:

Did I read in here that only 1/5 of the players in the game have the Personality+ feature associated with them? I guess that means the rest are all androids. Or have I just got that from a dream I had. Or didn't have, as the case may be.

We'll cut this bit.

Also, although it's fantastic that there is a manual leaderboard now but why not a semi leaderboard. As a mainly semi user it looks like I'm having to face fully assisted abusers again. I'm sure pro passing will help but I doubt if it will be enough.

On a better note, great that tournaments are now introduced into CLUBS mode

Where did you get that from Wilds? If podcast, I don't listen to them but post over in our Clubs thread anyway.

Did I read in here that only 1/5 of the players in the game have the Personality+ feature associated with them? I guess that means the rest are all androids. Or have I just got that from a dream I had. Or didn't have, as the case may be.

We'll cut this bit.

Did your dream involve any of the cast of Third Rock From The Sun in an 'I heart PES' t-shirt?

We'll cut this bit.

Surely not? I read/heard something along the lines of them saying it affects lower league players as much as top class players?

Back
Top Bottom