FIFA 11 - PC

What about Creation master?!
We must wait from patchers to be maded or what?! (As previous years for PC)
Yeah I think it will lasts at least one month to explore the NG
data structure of Fifa 11 but I definitly think we will again avaible
to edit all things like in Fifa 10. ;)

I don't see the point in getting this if you have a console TBH...

The patches/mods will most likely just be graphical ones, and even if there are gameplay/AI patches I doubt they will bring it up to the level of the console versions.

Who cares if a game looks nice if the gameplay is inferior? This is why I got a console for FIFA 08, so I could play the best football game around at the time...

there*

;)
Here's a few reasons why i'll play it.

Endless kits/boots/faces and other various mods like champions league patches etc..
Endless Leagues/teams cup patches. Play Manager mode unlimited seasons and with so many leagues :)
AI tweaking (without having to do global edit) You directly tweak the gameplay).
Endless stadiums

The game on it's own looks pretty shit! but the patches will make this game Hopefully.

jonneymendoza said:
So what are the real differences from Fifa 10?

If the personality + is crap, and the pro passing makes almost no effect, what have they done all the

if theirs hardly any difference then the pc version you could say is 95% identical to the console version plus i thought WC is fifa 10.5?
From the console version played at the emirates yesterday

EA_Jarvisteros71 said:
Hi,

Back from Gamescom now. What an amazing event! That place was HUGE! Anyway, there have been a few youtube postings of some gameplay from various presentations but rest assured there will be an EA one published shortly. The EASPORTSfootball crew and I actually captured one at Gamescom for you but upon return we learned that the teams we chose have some embargo limitations so we couldn't use it. Sorry! That said, i captured one this morning and sent it off to them so I hope we see something in the next couple of days online.

Regarding a few posts I've seen about what our big news was: Gamescom was the second part of our PC details release and as you may have seen in some of the videos posted, we announced how our online feature set has been brought up to the Next Gen level.

This includes:
  • Head to Head (1v1)
  • Online Lobbies: The ability to search and play against others around the world based on geographic location, skill level, game type, ranked, unranked etc)
  • Online Team Play: (up to 5v5)
  • LAN Multiplayer: Announced previously but again, the ability to play up to 5v5 online but WITHOUT the need to connect to EA servers.
  • Pro Club Championship: Create or join a club and compete for glory against people from around the world as you and your mates climb the rankings. Cool part is using your Virtual Pro in this mode.
  • Online Leaderboards
  • Online Player Hub: Friends list, inbox, etc. Great for matchmaking.
  • EASPORTSfootball Integration: Gameface, avatar, points, accomplishments, etc.
A pretty solid improvement from the online feature set that FIFA 10 PC had for those of you that played it.

We also announced our main game modes for FIFA 11 PC as well.

These include:
  • Manager Mode
  • Be A Pro: Seasons
  • Tournament Mode
Now I know what some of you may be saying about Manager Mode as there have been some well documented issues lists that I've seen on forums regarding the FIFA 10 Next Gen (360 / PS3). Again, going on the them of LISTENING to the community, we actually took this forum post
(http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/1...-post4443.html), printed it off, and went through issue by issue as to what we would address. How cool is that? Of the 74, the last count is that we have addressed 66 of them. For the other 8, I deemed those to be very minor and shippable. Once we get our new forum up and running for FIFA 11, I'll post that full list and how we addressed each. No this is not the new Career Mode that the console guys are working on but it IS a brand new Manager Mode experience for PC.

To clarify one thing, I had eluded to in the forums previously (was a bit of a tease perhaps) that we were going to be able to talk about another feature that is on par with console at Gamescom. This was in regards to our player heads and I was anticipating us being able to make a big splash for PC as these are new and put us level with FIFA 11 console. However, this was not a big part of the core messaging for console at Gamescom and as such I was told that PC wasn't really going to be able to really boast about it there. Ho hum. Anyway, our player heads look stunning and I hope you like them.
smile.gif

That's it for now. Heard nothing but postive feedback about our game at Gamescom so I hope that trend continues as we release the demo and full game.

Discuss!

Cheers,
Ian

Ian on EA forum ;)

Gameplay people. Gameplay. Don't forget it exists ;)
Fifa 10 NG with fixes and Addons from World Cup,
I'm actually happy with that for now because it's the first year on PC getting NG engine.
I didn't play Fifa since Fifa07 on my PS2 because all after that was shit.
Now finally we get Fifa11 similar to Fifa10 NG on PC, I can't wait for it and from
videos I really like the gameplay of it.

But off course I have to try the Demo to be 100% shure ;)

Fifa 10 NG with fixes and Addons from World Cup,
I'm actually happy with that for now because it's the first year on PC getting NG engine.
I didn't play Fifa since Fifa07 on my PS2 because all after that was shit.
Now finally we get Fifa11 similar to Fifa10 NG on PC, I can't wait for it and from
videos I really like the gameplay of it.

But off course I have to try the Demo to be 100% shure ;)

I wonder if Fifa on PC will get any love from the massive PES editing community? Tweaking etc resulting in much better gameplay.

I wonder if Fifa on PC will get any love from the massive PES editing community? Tweaking etc resulting in much better gameplay.

That would be the death of KONAMI....Just look at the amount of views and posts in the editing forum here at evo-web.... :SHOCK:

The heads will even look better as on console because we are able
to have higher texture resolution, 1080p and Anti Aliasing :P

who said Fifa11 pc has the same lighting like Fifa11 xbox/ps ? its different this year than fifa10

I think fifa11 pc use the same old lighting as fifa10xbox so faces will look not so good as console ones even if there is bigger resolution and AA :(

Ian on EA forum ;)
Now I know what some of you may be saying about Manager Mode as there have been some well documented issues lists that I've seen on forums regarding the FIFA 10 Next Gen (360 / PS3). Again, going on the them of LISTENING to the community, we actually took this forum post
(http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/1...-post4443.html), printed it off, and went through issue by issue as to what we would address. How cool is that? Of the 74, the last count is that we have addressed 66 of them. For the other 8, I deemed those to be very minor and shippable. Once we get our new forum up and running for FIFA 11, I'll post that full list and how we addressed each. No this is not the new Career Mode that the console guys are working on but it IS a brand new Manager Mode experience for PC.

I look forward to reading that considering it's the nearest we'll get to any kind of acknowledgement that they screwed us over last year.

Who the fuck needs 10 vs 10! To be honest it's a great idea but I doubt
there will be any match without noobs rushing to the other side,
playing ego and so on. I don't think you will find 19 other players which
are all able to play a realistic match.

Tweaking gameplay for FIFA happened long before PES was available on the PC. I've edited from 2002-2004, and started the stat editing under my SG alias Sepakbola for PES back when TheWolf was still around, however if there is any code this year on the PC, i'm excited to see what it is. I remember editing was so easy in previous FIFA(s) you could edit the gravity of the ball to feel like a volleyball.

Ah, the only perks of scripted gameplay.

The editing PES community grew out of the need to have bundesliga and EPL with both in FIFA by default I dont see them even bother....

It is already confirmed that there is no 10 vs 10 on PC, only 5 vs 5 maximum.

So you'll have clubs mode but only 5 players maximum per team (at the time).

it will be same for online team play then i guess?

which is a good thing as fifa 10 console flaw with 10v10 otp, is you always get 7-10 forwards. or some idiot trying to score own goals if someone got to the position he wanted first.

It was the same for me.
Fifa 10v10 was the most pointless and crappest additions ever.
It was really nice of them to have put it in, but the game played with 8 forwards and those who didnt get a striker or midfielder played for 2 mins before they logged out.
So when the game finished you only had about 5 players of the 20 left.

It's not really that big of a deal, 5 vs 5 in clubs is still fun. You usually don't have 10 people on at the same time anyway unless you have a huge club.

How about the Be A Pro mode? Do we get the same features like the one on console?

Not the offline mode, you will get Be a Pro: Seasons which sucks ass. It's 4 seasons and ends with an international tournament. It's very arcady and shallow. On the console this one is scrapped and merged in to the "Manager Mode" world with 15 seasons, realistic (cough) transfers, cups/tournaments (I guess) and so on.

If everything goes fine we can see the video Ian mentioned tomorrow :)

EA_Jarvisteros71 said:
I got in touch with the EASPORTSfootball guys about the video to get you an update. Sounds like it is encoding right now and tomorrow morning (PST) myself and the product manager will take a look at it to give it the green light. I wiould expect that if all goes well you will see it online by the end of the day tomorrow (PST).

As mentioned in a previous post, this would've been available already but we captured it with a team that we were not able to use. Sorry for the delay.

Ian

PS: If you see missing feet, crests, checkered kits etc in the video, its because we've had to remove embargoed content. Don't worry, you'll get those coveted next gen feet this year! LOL

Back
Top Bottom