FIFA 11 Career Mode Thread PS3/360

Seems it's been pulled, basically saying UT will be out but the Patch will be Mid November... :JAY:

Hi everyone,

First of all, we’d like to thank you all for your continued patience while we work on the latter stages of the FIFA 11 XBOX 360 and PS3 patch release. We’d like to update you about that, as well as share some information regarding an upcoming update for the FIFA 11 Ultimate Team downloadable mode.

- After months of hard work, the FUT 11 console dev team are happy to bring you the latest iteration of the mode earlier than ever and, for the first time, free of charge! Part of the process for getting the game into your consoles will be a downloadable game update for XBOX 360 users on November 1st, this prepares the game to receive the FUT DLC that will be made available on November 3rd. And PS3 users will be prompted to download an update that contains FUT on 3 November itself (although in some regions it may be available November 2nd). It’s important to note that in both cases the update you download will NOT address any FIFA 11 console issues, it only contains the FUT 11 game mode. Our certification submission with Microsoft and Sony for FUT started prior to FIFA 11’s launch and is a completely separate thing.

- While we don’t have the official date for the FIFA 11 console patch just yet, we can assure you it is coming soon; we’re looking at a mid-November time frame. This update will have many of the fixes you have all asked for. As it happens, we were able to get the patch submitted to Microsoft and Sony just after the FUT 11 update was approved, helping us to streamline that process and avoid any conflict between FUT 11 and FIFA 11 console.

Any questions, let us know!

Had my brand new left back from Wolfsburg go out for 54 days, on a nothing challenge. I've tried to get people put out by subbing them right when they're injured but most of the time they just end up with a 'knock' and they're fully fit the next match.
Also, I just had an insane 5-4 game against Roda JC, they went up 0-2 within twenty minutes, then I brought it to 3-2 right before the half, then they score two to start the second half, and in the 85th minute I hit a 35+ yard free kick into the corner. And then.... after the game was over FIFA froze, so it didn't save my VP, or career updates.
I've had three freezes in the last two days, where as I had zero in all my playtime before.
And it ruined such an epic game. I replayed it and won 2-1, won my next 5-2, then 4-1.
But damnit I wanted that one counted.

Into February in my Newcastle CM, just enjoyed revenge over Sunderland in the return derby. I made some tactical changes before the game, reinstating Lovenkrands and pushing him forward just off Carroll as I decided I needed some more firepower in attack. I played Ben Arfa on the right wing with an attack arrow pointing horizontally infield, asking him to cut in onto his left foot and find gaps between the lines to feed the strikers. I also made an effort to involve Carroll earlier in build-up, which really helped in getting the ball forwards quicker to gain the territorial advantage.

It all worked really well first half, Carroll poked in a rebound before sending Lovenkrands clear for the second, and the Dane made it 3-0 early in the second half. After that I sat back and Sunderland really gave it a go, Bent hit the post, Harper made some saves, but we ran out 3-1 winners. My RWB picked up an injury that will put him out for 31 days.

This came shortly after being convincingly dumped out of the cup by Man City. 0-3, could easily have been worse, I struggled to get to grips with the trickery of Tevez and Silva. Steven Taylor is still unravelling his limbs after David Silva cruyff-turned him inside-out for the opener.

Still only 14th in the table, but if I can beat Birmingham away in my next match then I can move above them. In theory.

I have a quick question, is the only way to move club as a manager to wait until the end of the season and see what offers you receive? Is there anyway to actively choose your club?

I'm at Liverpool and as in real life I have no real passion for the club, I'm finding it hard to stay interested in my manager mode, if I wanted to become the new manager of Arsenal how would I do that?

I have a quick question, is the only way to move club as a manager to wait until the end of the season and see what offers you receive? Is there anyway to actively choose your club?

I'm at Liverpool and as in real life I have no real passion for the club, I'm finding it hard to stay interested in my manager mode, if I wanted to become the new manager of Arsenal how would I do that?

It's quite hard.

First you need to go to start new career mode and then when you choose the team you want to manage....you choose Arsenal ;))

Ahaha I meant during my existing manager mode, I have climbed the ranks as a manager and like the idea of finally getting the Arsenal and inheriting a somewhat changed team (vermaelen, arshavin have left etc)

Ahaha I meant during my existing manager mode, I have climbed the ranks as a manager and like the idea of finally getting the Arsenal and inheriting a somewhat changed team (vermaelen, arshavin have left etc)

Just pulling your leg :))

I don't think it is possible? think you just choose from the clubs at the end of the season that are interested.

Maybe try simming the rest of the season but only up to the last game. Create a separate save file. Then sim to the end, see what offers you get. If Arsenal isn't there, reload save before final game, save again, and try again? Rinse/repeat?

That's all I can think of. Good luck.

Yeah thats what I figured, so I did it, but I only get offered Man U every time, one of Barca, Real, Bordeaux, Inter, Milan or Bayern - and then a bucket load of terrible small clubs. Arsenal never crops up, neither do any other prem teams - almost like its predetermined?

Yeah thats what I figured, so I did it, but I only get offered Man U every time, one of Barca, Real, Bordeaux, Inter, Milan or Bayern - and then a bucket load of terrible small clubs. Arsenal never crops up, neither do any other prem teams - almost like its predetermined?

The same exact teams every time?

Maybe Wenger is still there. :P You can't expect them to sack him and offer you the job. Where as Sir Alex has retired now I think. :P

Half way through my 2nd season with Anzhi Makhachkala from Russian Premier League now. Loving the game and CM.

Every match DOES feel different. Hell the difference in weather, players, teams and even the REFEREE means I have to adjust my playing style (short pass as opposed to more direct if dry and not wet or snowy (common Russia) depending on ref, I play a lot more aggressive roughing up opponents more or less....

Also because of being involved in Europa League and Russian cup, I've had to rotate squad and use all 22 players so far. Everybody getting some minutes except backup goalkeeper. I've had 3/4 small knocks/injuries and my loanee young CB who's already established himself in team out for a month.

Am through now to knockout rounds and will face an Aston Villa side who've finished 3rd in their CL group in the round of 32. It'll be tough as my matches in group were against Tottenham. But I have faith in my team and will do what it takes to go through round of 16.

The league is very competitive too. Hard to break into top 6 with the big 6 there and Kryla having a great season. Am expected to finish in top half though (8th) and am confident of doing that and am in that position halfway through season.

Enjoying every match and all the challenges.

Player growth has been good too. Those players of mine who've gotten more minutes and put in some very good performances have raised +1 or +2 in value and those who've gotten VERY little playing time or had some bad consecutive matches, have dropped -1.

Maybe Wenger is still there. :P You can't expect them to sack him and offer you the job. Where as Sir Alex has retired now I think. :P

Half way through my 2nd season with Anzhi Makhachkala from Russian Premier League now. Loving the game and CM.

Every match DOES feel different. Hell the difference in weather, players, teams and even the REFEREE means I have to adjust my playing style (short pass as opposed to more direct if dry and not wet or snowy (common Russia) depending on ref, I play a lot more aggressive roughing up opponents more or less....

Also because of being involved in Europa League and Russian cup, I've had to rotate squad and use all 22 players so far. Everybody getting some minutes except backup goalkeeper. I've had 3/4 small knocks/injuries and my loanee young CB who's already established himself in team out for a month.

Am through now to knockout rounds and will face an Aston Villa side who've finished 3rd in their CL group in the round of 32. It'll be tough as my matches in group were against Tottenham. But I have faith in my team and will do what it takes to go through round of

The league is very competitive too. Hard to break into top 6 with the big 6 there and Kryla having a great season. Am expected to finish in top half though (8th) and am confident of doing that and am in that position halfway through season.

Enjoying every match and all the challenges.

Player growth has been good too. Those players of mine who've gotten more minutes and put in some very good performances have raised +1 or +2 in value and those who've gotten VERY little playing time or had some bad consecutive matches, have dropped -1.

You've gotta be the first person I've heard say that. After playing both PES and FIFA quite a lot lately, the lack of individuality and depth in the variety of team playstyles remains one of the areas EA still does a relatively poor job.

Not sure why you think it's a good thing that players are losing OVR points based on playtime or performances. EA removed the form system this year so players shouldn't have their stats downgraded unless they're old.

Glad you're enjoying CM but I can't help but wish people would have higher standards and expect more from EA.

Trust me dude, being a very ambitious person, my expectations are as high as it gets. Ultimately, this is nowhere near what I want. I wish for far more. But this is the situation right now and we can try to see the positive out of it and enjoy it best we can or the negative and as a result be sad about the game and make our mood crappy.

For me, the mode is enjoyable. There's about a million things that could be improved and hopefully will be in the coming editions and years, I sincerely hope so. But it's already good and giving me a lot of fun hours and pleasure.

Between sun, rain, snow, different referee personalities (card-happy, strict, or lets game run/flow etc.) and European fixtures vs. domestic league, etc. I am finding every match to be different. I played Spurs in my Europa League group and Defoe, Modric, Bale and Co. were very different opponents to what I was used to in my first season in Russian league. Much quicker, better movements, I lost that game in London 3-0! And because matches are coming thick and fast, I do have to rotate players, etc.

The OVR points gives a lot of people 'pain' because of the way they choose to view it. Fact is, the way EA have done it, there is no official 'form' feature but really it's like they've 'included' it in.

And instead of some complicated system that doesn't work like they had in WC game which was stupid, as it is right now, things are poor and simplified but for the most part at least, it makes sense.

But basically 'form' is included and affects the ability. So when you don't give players enough minutes, they lose ability as they would in real life by not being match-fit, rusty, low confidence, etc. and when you give a player a lot of playing time, he's likely to grow.

Tsoraev who is my Del Piero basically and at 28 I already thought in his peak just went up from 73 to 74 having gotten couple MoM awards past few weeks and playing amazingly. My 29 year old GK Abaev is another who's recently gone up from 68 to 69 having saved me single-handedly in many matches this season. He's in shit hot form and is now probably in his absolute peak.

Similarly I had a player who was even labeled "High potential - give playing time" by Ass man but having made only a couple cameo apperances as a substitute all season long, actually decreased in ability and went down to 63 from 64.

Yes in real life, he probably wouldn't lose 'ability' but it's not the end of the world, I choose to think of it as him being out of form or lacking match fitness or confidence having never played, etc.

It's VERY simplified and you have to use your imagination and yeah doesn't 100% of the time make sense either but this is what I choose to do rather than not enjoy the game. And at the same time, of course I hope to see almost every aspect improved in future. There's so much room for improvement.

-------------------------------
EDIT:

On a sad note though, I just turn on the xbox to continue my CM mode and get the E74 (Xbox ring red light) error! Had heard about this but never experienced it. Is this the end of my xbox? :/

Lol I just found this video tutorial on how to fix it which has apparently worked for the video uploader and some other people! Hilarious shit if this works! :LOL: But I f'n hope it does.

YouTube - How to fix error E 74 without having to open your system

Last edited:
I hear you, just consider me jaded at the moment. For the most part I'm really enjoying the gameplay itself, it's everything else that's pissing me off. When it comes to variety between games i certainly think it's better than before but I guess I'm simply really disappointed with P+ outside of the most popular teams since i like to start in the lower leagues. And I'm still desperately wishing for some greater tactical depth and variety.

On form and OVRs, I understand what you're saying, and I agree it's best to look on the bright side to enjoy the game, but i refuse to let EA off the hook.

And i agree that form is basically being simulated with OVRs dropping for players who aren't playing enough, my problem is I am massively opposed to the idea that player OVRs should change because of this. Previously OVRs increased based on accumulating XP, and XP was given to players even when they didn't play. This XP basically represented the growth that occurs from training and playing in youth/reserve matches, thus you weren't forced to play your 17 year olds to ensure they didn't drop in OVRs.

OVRs should only decrease because of age, IMO, and the current change is a reversal of the previous way things worked and I don't like it. Basically they removed the form system but decided they wanted to have some element of form, so they included losing OVR points for players that don't get enough game time, which is a shoddy way of doing things because a) it's illogical based on how these systems have worked previously and b) it mixes two (at least previously) separate and exclusive systems.

I'm glad you're able to see the best in the mode at the moment and hopefully you get your system working again so you keep on enjoying FIFA.

Last edited:
About Personality Plus, I really can't see it in this game beyond the fact that certain players are fast dribblers, some are strong and good in the air, and that's pretty much it. Everything in between again just feels like the same player repeated over and over.

I hear what you're saying Max and sympathize with your frustration.

I agree. Ideally, it should be two separate well-functioning systems for form, OVR, etc. Growth system needs revamping as do most things.

It's just that for me, right now, at least if I choose to look at things from the brighter perspective like I was saying above, these issues as disappointing as they are, aren't game/mode-breakers. It's just not ideal.

And yeah I don't wanna let EA off the hook! From broken promises to bugs and backward evolution in some respects, there is LOT to give them shit for. But I don't see what you and I can do about that right now... you know? This is the game in the market and for me it is the best game, so all I can do is enjoy this for now and hope for an even brighter future. :)

I finished my first full season, ending up 16th in the Premier League with Newcastle. My Board objective was to 'stay close to mid-table' and they considered 16th close enough to count as achieving that objective, for which I received about £6m transfer budget and a reputation boost. Plus another £3m+ prize-winnings for league position. Points-wise I was a comfortable distance clear of the relegated teams to the extent that there was no relegation fight to speak of.

I've been tinkering all season long and still haven't really settled properly on what my best team is. Andy Carroll was the club's top-scorer with 13 goals. My top assister was Ben Arfa with 7, whose loan has now ended, so I'll have to find some way of replacing that creativity in the transfer market :THINK:

In fact I'm going to have to step my whole game up a notch next season, because the Board have now raised their expectations to a top half finish in season two. Could be tricky, considering that I think I spent the entirity of season one in the lower half. I had offers from Sunderland and West Ham, who both set the same objective, but I decided to stay.

GK Steve Harper dropped about five OVR points during the course of the season :SHOCK: . He played almost every week. Fraser Forster has returned from his season-long loan at Celtic, he might now become my first choice between the sticks (he's 6'7" too!).

Wow Steve Harper dropping 5 points playing as your #1 in one season sounds stuipd!

In regards to 16th being good enough and you getting a rep boost for that, it makes sense nerf. Because "Stay close to middle of table" is the LOWEST expectation you can have and actually translates to "We know you'll be fighting against relegation, try to survive" which you've done comfortably.

Anyway, got my system fixed or I should say, got a new one basically from a buddy. So I should continue with my "Anzhi Makhachkala" CM mode mid-way through 2nd season when I get a break from Football Manager. :P

Gave up on my AZ Alkmaar CM. Second year I won the league (by two points), and dutch cup. Knocked out in the quarter finals of the euro-cup (europa?) by Fiorentina. Second season I brought in three, maybe four players, 3 dutch, one german, but was unable to secure anyone else. Offers I received were mostly from second division clubs (spain, france, england) but none seemed at all appealing. Started third season and tried to buy players, still couldn't get anyone, young or not. The Dutch league just isn't prestigious enough for anyone!
Going to start a new CM, but I just don't know who the hell to use.

I was doing player-manager, and when I picked a new team (wanted to see if I was brought along), my player just retires. Last year he would move with you from team to team.

I'd just wait until the patch comes out before starting a new one. Thats what I'm doing at least. In the meantime, if I'm not playing PES, I'm messing around in UT with bronze and silver players - everything else aside, UT is a great way to learn and try out new players! I take notes and then I'll have some good ideas for my next CM!

Honestly, if UT added the ability to play a whole league season in single player, in addition to the current short tournaments, I probably wouldn't bother with CM this year.

They just announced the patch release date and a "list" of its contents:

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/56764.page

easw.EA_FLT said:
FIFA 11 Patch – The Details

First of all, thanks once more for your patience while we’ve taken in all your feedback since the game’s launch. After we received your feedback, the process began to replicate and understand what you were seeing, and then get to work making improvements.

We’re now at the stage of that process where we are able to give you some more detail about what improvements to FIFA 11 you can expect. Sorry we’ve been a bit quiet on this stuff until now, but as you know we can’t really talk about these things until they’re locked down and confirmed.

The patch release dates are November 12th for PS3 and November 17th for Xbox 360.

Also, here’s an overview of the things we’ve done. If you have questions about anything you see here, or want more detail on anything in particular, feel free to post them in this thread and we’ll do our best to answer them.

GAMEPLAY
You’ll now find that the implementation of the offside rule in the game is more accurate, both in terms of when the infringement is called and in terms of player positions when it happens. Occasional strange player positioning at kick-off have also gone away, while shooting from weak volleys has been improved, too. Importantly, so-called ‘micro-pausing’ during gameplay will also be a thing of the past. Overall, your gameplay experience should now be even better.

CAREER MODE
There are a lot of improvements you’ll notice here, which will all further boost the realism of the mode, but in summary: Your match fixtures during the season for cups and leagues, as well as the time of day they all happen, should now be much more realistic. We’ve also improved how accurately player ratings and growth are displayed, as well as making sure the players get the awards they deserve, when they deserve them. Using an odd exploit to secure a whopping $2 billion budget has now gone away, while the emails you receive as a manager will be more appropriate and players you’ve loaned out will now be easier to see and manage.

ONLINE HEAD TO HEAD
Matchmaking will be enhanced, particularly in terms of initially connecting to an opponent, while we’ve removed a couple of exploits that people were using to gain an unfair advantage over their opponents. Also, players will now no longer be able to use Passing Power Assistance in ranked matches.

ONLINE CLUBS
We’ve already made a lot of server-side improvements to the Clubs experience, particularly in terms of matchmaking, match results and progress in Cups. With the game update we’ll be making a range of improvements to stats and league-table presentation, too, as well as improving the camera motion when your player is a long way from the ball.

PRESENTATION
You’ll now find that cut-scenes are improved during substitutions, along with a range of more subtle improvements around of the game.

AUDIO
Creation Centre teams will now benefit from crowd chants, while we’ve improved the custom chants area as well. We’ve also managed to enhance a few audio triggers during gameplay, meaning you’ll get an even better atmosphere as things happen during a match.

CREATION CENTRE
The general performance of the game when it involves teams and players created via the Creation Centre has been improved. Also, you’ll now find that the formations and attributes you set on the web will now transfer more accurately to the console.

FIFA STORE
We’ve made sure that Live Season will be available for multiple users on the same console. Some people who had switched from an inactive XBL account to a Gold Account were having problems seeing the content of the store – we’ve got that covered, too.

KITS
Lincoln City and Montpellier fans, your teams’ kits should now be right on the money.

Can't say I'm particularly impressed TBH:

xbox.Placebo PRS said:
That's the list we've been waiting so long for? You can't even bother going into detail about what the fixes are? Career Mode "There are a lot of improvements you’ll notice here"? What about an actual list of what's fixed/improved? Or haven't you done anything about the many bugs we reported such as unrealistically increasing board expectations for example? Is there now player of the month/year when only playing in manager mode? What about all the other stuff? To hold this list back for nigh on two weeks is shocking.

Wow Steve Harper dropping 5 points playing as your #1 in one season sounds stupid!
It was strange. He is about 36, which is old for an outfield player but not that old for a goalkeeper. Maybe it was bad luck. Maybe it's broken and will be fixed in the patch. Not a big deal, I'll move on with Forster in goal.

In regards to 16th being good enough and you getting a rep boost for that, it makes sense nerf. Because "Stay close to middle of table" is the LOWEST expectation you can have and actually translates to "We know you'll be fighting against relegation, try to survive" which you've done comfortably.
Yeah, I didn't mind that. Points-wise I think we were always closer to lower-mid-table than the relegation zone, and for a newly promoted side I think 16th should be enough anyway.

Started pre-season last night. I noticed that Robbie Keane had been released as a free agent, so I snapped him up. I don't expect he'll be first choice every week but I'm hoping that, used wisely, he'll score enough goals playing off Andy Carroll to help us pick up more points at home against the teams around us.

West Brom were one of the relegated sides (along with Stoke and Blackpool) so on that basis I raided them for Graham Dorrans. Had to pay a little over the odds; valued at £6.7m, they wanted £9.1m, we settled at just over £8m. Usual high-pricing of British talent :P . I had my eye on Jonathan de Guzmán but he was staying at Mallorca, so I went with the available option. Dorrans has a high attacking work-rate, hopefully he and Nolan will provide some regular support from midfield.

That one transfer cleared out most of my 'winnings' from last season. Maybe I'll make some money back if someone takes a look at transfer-listed Wayne Routledge... Anyone? Please? :P

Fairly anonymous, really. He missed over a month with an injury, then slotted back in at left back without pulling up any trees.

Simon Humber is in charge of offline game modes this year? So what would his specific relationship be with CM? I mean, what the hell else is there?

Would be fantastic if he was running the show for CM - he was all over the WC forums during development for that game.

Simon Humber is in charge of offline game modes this year? So what would his specific relationship be with CM? I mean, what the hell else is there?

Would be fantastic if he was running the show for CM - he was all over the WC forums during development for that game.

Were are in touch with him on the GC forum, he's asked us for ideas and input so it's good to know he's open to new ideas, we have naturally bombarded the poor sod... :P

Back
Top Bottom