FIFA 10

Well, interesting regarding EA's response.

I have to say though, even with the bugs and niggles, fundamentally, Fifa 10 is still the best football game ever made, IMO. As Wildster said above, though, Fifa 11 - No major overhaul, just better AI and a distinct lack of bugs. Job done. Oh, and perhaps an indoor mode ;))

Reading through the Q&A, Phil doesn't actually categorically say there will be no more updates; he merely says nothing planned atm.

As regards to tactics and how clubs play :

DR - We’ll be releasing a ‘roster’ update including new team tactics for the teams in the next few weeks.

That's quite good news, I guess.

This one was also amusing :

9. Hello,

Will the new update include gameplay improvements or any technical issues? I was thinking about the goalkeeps issue (he can easily be lobbed, he is too far in front most of the time). Thanks!

DR - No, the new update addressed NON gameplay feedback. We used the demo to identify gameplay feedback. We believe the goalkeeper is still significantly better than 09. He’ll be even better again in 11.

He'll be even better again in 11. Oh, will he? That's good to know. Like we care about 11 at this stage when we're playing 10 where the issue is relevant.

The EA link says that stadium assignments are effected. Guess I'll have to take a look tonight.

Also a big kick in the teeth with this comment:
No, the new update addressed NON gameplay feedback. We used the demo to identify gameplay feedback. We believe the goalkeeper is still significantly better than 09. He’ll be even better again in 11.

Yeah thanks for that, maybe he will actually be balanced, after 4 f@#king versions (07,08,09,10) of the game being released!

Shite, really. So all these promises were just lies really. Piss off, EA :CURSE:

I can see myself playing PES more than FIFA this year, just for ML and BAL.

And are we really going to believe EA when next years "Marcel" starts going on about how much better MM is for FIFA 11? I certainly wont take any of their "promises" as any kind of promise. More like "we'd like to do this for the game but we can't guarantee it ... but we'll still promise it so you buy the game anyway!".

Last edited by a moderator:
Fifa 10 stays a strictly online experience for me. Real Shame but I cant be bothered to go through the frstrations of MM

TBH, I was actually enjoying MM even with bugs on board. I only stopped playing because the more people moaned about it, the more I knew a patch was on the way, so I couldn't be bothered continuing on what was evidently going to be a beta.

Looking forward to it, now. Saying that, I also have Forza 3 to play as well as continuing my Fallout 3 experience (on 145 hours now), and of course Modern Warfare 2 soon.

Fifa 10 still remains my favourite football game, though.

Reading through the Q&A, Phil doesn't actually categorically say there will be no more updates; he merely says nothing planned atm.

Yes, he did not say it but i bet that is exactly what he means. They won't do any patches anymore until something crucial happens.

I understand that. If they start now patching the gameplay they will never stop. If they start to fix over 50 MM bugs FIFA11 will probably come out with some month delay. I don't like it cause i think somehow they left us standing in the rain. But that is how it goes this days. They fix crucial things until this game is playable and you have to eat the rest. It is some kind of "Don't buy it next year if you don't like it" mentality. But they now we will buy it, cause we haven't a lot of footie games to choose from. They now that.

Maybe EA should charge half price for FIFA 10 because offline, particularly Manager Mode is fundementally broken, for people who play offline the majority of the time this game can at times be unplayable.

Phil made a decent point about the patches having to comply with certain rules set by Sony and MS, especially regards to file size. I've never seen one patch or update to a game that's been over 38MB. I wonder if that's the limit and why only certain areas of the game were fixed/patched over?

Maybe EA should charge half price for FIFA 10 because offline, particularly Manager Mode is fundementally broken, for people who play offline the majority of the time this game can at times be unplayable.

Well, I only paid £25 and to be honest, I've paid far more for games that haven't come anywhere near as good. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

Hi guys been reading this forum for a while and after playing a good amount of the game I just wanted to give my opinion.

Firstly I want to say bravo to EA for the games engine. I remember playing the first instance, FIFA 07 and it was just a horrible, horrible game. They have come so far, it destroys the competition.

However this incredible engine is also what ends up hurting the game, its not being used to its potential, to have such a solid foundation to build from and then build a shoddy wooden shack on top is very frustrating.

This is my first FIFA game and I began the game using full manual controls, after many, many hours I am now competent with them. I average around 85% pass completion and get most of my shots on target and this is where my problems with the game began.

I cannot play the football I want, no longer because I lack the skills but because the game will not let me.

I play a very short passing game and I am finding increasingly that short intricate passing causes problems for the games player switching system. Playing passes for players to run onto often results in players being selected that are in line with the direction of the pass instead of selecting the player that should be running onto it. I do not see why this causes the game a problem because the weight of the pass in most cases should tell it that it is intended for the guy running onto the ball and not the one further away but in line with the pass.
This is not the only instance of poor player selection during a match but it is the one I find most annoying and most frequent.

The other niggle that is hurting the way I try to play is inconsistancy with the passing distances. I never used to use the through ball button as I felt that it was not necessary as the X button in manual functions the same way. But I began to find that quick taps of the button would result in different distances traveled by the ball dependant on the position of players around. A quick tap in the direction on a close player, say 10ft or so, will roll the ball to them with perfect weight. The same quick tap in the direction of open space will see the ball zip off and go around 20 - 30ft. This happened to me alot when trying short through balls into the box, so I began to use the through ball button which is more sensitive. However I still find the same problems using this method although it is alot less frequent.
I dont know what is driving these inconsistencies, maybe I am not compensating for something, if this is the case I feel that they have taken the sim aspect of the game too far, a split second press of the button should always send the ball more or less the same distance imo.

The other real problem I have with the game is the overly physical way the cpu will play. I remember last year they were very proud of their collision system and the way you could bump and bang about. I think they may have taken this to the extreme this year.
I find that using players like Walcott to his strengths is not possible, I knock the ball ahead and want to run past the full back but if he is anywhere close he will just put out a arm and hold me back, I am unable to break away from this, its locked on.
I remember pushing the ball on and running past players alot with Messi in the demo and not having this problem.
The general play is also way to physical, I am constantly getting pushed off the ball, I actually cannot remember getting the ball taken off me in any other way.
It also seems disproportionate, I have ran Gallas at full speed into a Bristol City striker who charging forward, Gallas bounced off him and he carried on running in a straight line, it looked rediculous.

There are many faults with the single player game, AI problems, EA not tweaking the tactics for the teams properly etc.
I have not attempted to start manager mode after reading all the bugs, I thought that I would wait for the patch, but after seeing that they have fixed very little I feel that I have been cheated out of what for me would be the majority of the games experience.

After a dissapointing, to say the least, single player part of the game, online sadly does not hold up either.
There is a response issue there which makes me feel like I am playing FIFA 08 at times and I did not buy the game(08) because of this. I do not get response lag in other games online so why is it in this one? It does not kill all the fun but when I go from single player to online or visa versa it is very noticable and does have some annoying consequences.
Add to that people exploiting the pressure buttons and lack of a noticable stamina system playing online quickly becomes just as frustrating as the single player game.

Knowing there is the possiblilty of such a great game in FIFA 10 and being left frustrated by one that has clearly been rushed with no thought or care for the people who will have to play it for a year has left me very cautious of EA and this games. I will no longer buy one of their products on the strength of a demo or of paid for reviews in the media, the reactions on forums like this will be the decider and I wish I had let that be the case with FIFA 10.

The sad thing is that after playing with this engine there is no way I can go back to PES, it is just way to resricted and really shows its age. I guess I will have to put up with playing exhibition games and a sub par online mode for my football fix this year.

Good post, mate. PES, to me, has become far too arcade like. The sound effects, the robotic animations, the scripted pathways, the presentation... it all seems so "Coral Island" @ 50p a go. I'm a long term PES'er, too. I've had every installment since it's evolution (pun intended) and birth on the SNES. That was, until last year. Fifa more or less took the fun factor from PES and added in a simulation effect which completely ruined Pro Evolution for me. If Fifa hadn't arrived, or if they'd continued down the Actua Soccer-esque path from years ago, PES would still be right at the top of the footballing kingdom, looking down at wannabe attempts to steal it's crown. The fact that Fifa incorporated this simulation style into it's game ultimately killed my love for Pro Evo. Now I play that game and just think, "Cheap" and "Japanese" - not in a racist way, of course, but in an Arcadey way with all the poor sound effects and bright colours, the lack of authenticity in many of the modes and refusal to completely re-design the game engine. It's a horrible feeling. If PES is ever to steal the crown back from Fifa, it needs an overhaul. Fifa doesn't need to change anything about the gameplay. All it needs to do is improve on several key factors; The AI, perhaps the graphics and commentary and of course the bugs - something which has destroyed the top floor of Fifa at the moment, but the foundations are still there, stronger than ever. It's once again in the best possible position for success in 2010.

Can someone clarify something for me?

I play on a 360. I understand there was a patch released recently with a few bug fixes. How do i know it (or any other patch) has been updated and applied? Does it happen in the background, without me knowing? I fired up Fifa last night and didn't notice anything being updated/applied. Thanks in advance.

...The sad thing is that after playing with this engine there is no way I can go back to PES, it is just way to resricted and really shows its age...

I'm really feeling with you!

Though I'm *still* having fun... (I didn't start MM, just playing friendlies)

Good post, mate. PES, to me, has become far too arcade like. The sound effects, the robotic animations, the scripted pathways, the presentation... it all seems so "Coral Island" @ 50p a go. I'm a long term PES'er, too. I've had every installment since it's evolution (pun intended) and birth on the SNES. That was, until last year. Fifa more or less took the fun factor from PES and added in a simulation effect which completely ruined Pro Evolution for me. If Fifa hadn't arrived, or if they'd continued down the Actua Soccer-esque path from years ago, PES would still be right at the top of the footballing kingdom, looking down at wannabe attempts to steal it's crown. The fact that Fifa incorporated this simulation style into it's game ultimately killed my love for Pro Evo. Now I play that game and just think, "Cheap" and "Japanese" - not in a racist way, of course, but in an Arcadey way with all the poor sound effects and bright colours, the lack of authenticity in many of the modes and refusal to completely re-design the game engine. It's a horrible feeling. If PES is ever to steal the crown back from Fifa, it needs an overhaul. Fifa doesn't need to change anything about the gameplay. All it needs to do is improve on several key factors; The AI, perhaps the graphics and commentary and of course the bugs - something which has destroyed the top floor of Fifa at the moment, but the foundations are still there, stronger than ever. It's once again in the best possible position for success in 2010.

+1

--> no single line to add!

Last edited:
Can someone clarify something for me?

I play on a 360. I understand there was a patch released recently with a few bug fixes. How do i know it (or any other patch) has been updated and applied? Does it happen in the background, without me knowing? I fired up Fifa last night and didn't notice anything being updated/applied. Thanks in advance.

It was only released an hour or two ago, mate.

When you load up Fifa, it will update automatically, giving you a dialogue box before perhaps restarting your machine.

Posted today at 10.36

Originally posted by PWride

Hi everyone,

I have now received some responses to the first set of questions I sent across based on those posted here, you can find these below. I will also shortly be authorising some more posts and sending those questions across to the dev team in the same way.

1. Will all brazilian clubs be licensed in this update?

DR; No – we don’t own the rights to these, but yearly we look to increase the number we have. It’s not always possible though.

2. So are there any updates for people with a virtual pro as this below had happened to me -

I start up the game and my VP is in the arena like normal, I then go to the VP bit on the menu to see what accomplishments I can do next and It goes straight to create a VP.

I go back onto the arena and rooneys there! Checked my MM and my VP is still in the game with the star above his head but when I press start the accomplishments bit is not there and I'm in a club and now it goes to create a VP again even though my VP is clearly on the game.

DR - This is the first time we’ve heard reports of this – and I’m sorry to hear it. Unfortunately we won’t be able to fix this issue for the time being, and we’ll look to see if there is a work around for you.

MT - Sounds like maybe auto-save is not on.

3. Are the leaderboards going to be reset then for america and concidering all the DNF's and loses if you quit after 5 mins are now put in place ?

CL - This question is for FIWC... No more leaderboard resets if we can help it. Everything is fair actually – the PS3 disconnect issue affects all users and the 5-minute rule has been working since day one. Additionally, users in North America are not at a disadvantage for having started later, as they are NOT competing against other users from Europe or the rest of the world, when it comes to qualifying for the FIWC 10 finals. CONCACAF has indeed its own leaderboard, separate from Europe, with the top players qualifying. Confederation-based leaderboards will be available on www.FIFA.com/FIWC (http://www.fifa.com/FIWC) soon.

4. Are the updates listed the *only* things that will be fixed in the patch?

There seems to be a number of issues missing, such as the Assistant Manager moving your team around without permission and players refusing to sign contracts.

DR - The list is the issues we’ve addressed in the update – and from the teams side they were the things we felt would have the biggest impact. Whilst all of us would love to continue improving the mode constantly it’s not practical for a number of reasons – some of them beyond the FIFA Dev Teams control. Our apologies that we won’t get to everything.

5. Thanks for letting us know about starting a new MM. This would've been a real pain if I had carried on mine; glad I didn't now! Bring on the patch!

P.S. I hope it doesn't affect the stadiums assignments. Can you confirm if it changes them all please?

MT - Yes it does

6. Once the patch goes live will the DNF% for users be reset? Mine is currently at around 10% having been disconnected through no fault of my own on various occasions - some people on my friends list have DNF ratings of 100%!

Would be good to all start from a level playing field.

As number 3

7. Phil does the patch include logic for AI keepers in clubs to be of a reasonable stature........for example not 5"3.........

MT - We’ve increased AI in Clubs to World Class, which will improve the GK’s ability, but like all the generic players their height is still random

8. Thanks for addressing these issues EA. Should make MM a lot more playable. Just to confirm though, the patch will not be fixing the bizarre weather conditions and time of day in MM matches?

DR - No it will not. We’re limited on the size of the update – so focuses specifically on areas that effected playability, rather than authenticity.

Also, can you describe you you fixed the PSN disconnect issues?

DR - This issue may effect a number of titles – but will be prevalent where a lot of people on a large friends list are playing FIFA at the same time. The game, via PSN, talks to other friends saying youre playing FIFA. If everyone else is playing FIFA too it overloaded the game. We’ve decreased the frequency that the game tells other players that you’re playing FIFA.

9. Hello,

Will the new update include gameplay improvements or any technical issues? I was thinking about the goalkeeps issue (he can easily be lobbed, he is too far in front most of the time). Thanks!

DR - No, the new update addressed NON gameplay feedback. We used the demo to identify gameplay feedback. We believe the goalkeeper is still significantly better than 09. He’ll be even better again in 11.

10. Thanks heaps for fixing these bugs. But there are still some others to iron out.

If you do make a third patch (hopefully you will), could you please fix the weather in MM? It's annoying and unrealistic that it rains 90% of the time in England! PLEASE let us choose what weather we want to play in!

See Number 9.

11. What of the accomplishments obtained with MM for virtual pro and trophies? Will those be wiped clean or will they remain? Is it possible to restart ones stats so that they reflect our progress without the DC problems with psn?
cheers for any info

DR - Accomplishments etc. should not be wiped. Cheers

12. Is the "Game session no longer available" error fixed with the update or is it still an issue with the servers?

How long is it going to take to resolve this?

DR - We believe the issue is not linked to the game atm, but are continuing to investigate. From our extensive testing (LOTs of testers, LOTS of programmers) the only way we can get this to replicate is to get someone to quit out of the lobby. Essentially someone has chosen to walk away from the game against you. We’re still continuing to look, but our extensive tests we’ve thus far found no server or game side issue. We believe it’s simply impatience on the part of the person you’ve been matched with.

13. Is the Bernabaue and other dlc now fixed so it no longer informs you that it is out of date no matter how many time you download it ??
And also will all my edited stadium names be lost after the update has been installed ??
Thanks.

CL - Our versioning numbers on the store servers were not consistent. This didn’t cause any functionality issue, but we understand that it might have been annoying to see ‘your downloaded content is out of date’ constantly in the ticker :S

This should be fixed now (it may take some time for the update to appear on the store).

See answer 5 for the stadium name changes

14. I know EA thought they had fixed the FIWC points problem, but they haven't, is this being re-patched?

CL - This should all be working fine.

In case you think a match wasn’t reported properly, we need online ID of both players, result, pts won/lost, time played, time zone. This will help us locate the report in our massive server logs.

15. Hi PWride i guess those three things i mentioned in this post wont get addressed then?

From earlier:

I have had to tweak the custom tactics of most of the teams just to get them to shoot from outside the box. Because the stats were all very similar on most sides they tend to play the same and walk the ball around the box, passing and passing. After hours of slogging away creating custom tactics in the 28 slots ive managed to sort a lot of the teams out. but the bottom line is i should not have to do that.

The teams should play like they did for 09. Can you fix this please?

DR - We’ll be releasing a ‘roster’ update including new team tactics for the teams in the next few weeks.

Heading/chesting. This is still a big problem even playing weeks later. Several times my player has tried to chest the ball in the box rather than head it, frustratingly it happened 3/4 times on the weekend. Similarly i hate it when a player controls a ball on his chest from either a rocket clearance or shot or crossfield ball. Not many players can do it.

This needs fixing please.

DR - We’ll not be fixing ‘gameplay’ issues in any update atm.

and finally

Fix the a.i so it doesnt when it gets in the final third at 0-0 0r when they are winning they wont attack. Their player can get to the byline but wont cross. Yesterday the a.i got to the byline in the last minute at 0-0 and played a pass into the box to their striker. he could have scored but isntead turned around and passed the ball back out to the wing.

I know its in there as a keep ball/run down time feature but at 0-0 it doesnt wash and when the cpu is winning by a few it doesnt make sense either.

These really need fixing along with the MM modes so that the single player experience can have some longevity.

DR - We’ll not be fixing ‘gameplay’ issues in any update atm. Obviously the update includes improvements to what we believed were the most important frustrations in MM.

Thanks to everyone that has submitted questions and as mentioned, I will look to approve some more shortly and send those across to the dev team for their comments.

Posted today at 10.36

Originally posted by PWride

Hi everyone,

I have now received some responses to the first set of questions I sent across based on those posted here, you can find these below. I will also shortly be authorising some more posts and sending those questions across to the dev team in the same way.

1. Will all brazilian clubs be licensed in this update?

DR; No – we don’t own the rights to these, but yearly we look to increase the number we have. It’s not always possible though.

2. So are there any updates for people with a virtual pro as this below had happened to me -

I start up the game and my VP is in the arena like normal, I then go to the VP bit on the menu to see what accomplishments I can do next and It goes straight to create a VP.

I go back onto the arena and rooneys there! Checked my MM and my VP is still in the game with the star above his head but when I press start the accomplishments bit is not there and I'm in a club and now it goes to create a VP again even though my VP is clearly on the game.

DR - This is the first time we’ve heard reports of this – and I’m sorry to hear it. Unfortunately we won’t be able to fix this issue for the time being, and we’ll look to see if there is a work around for you.

MT - Sounds like maybe auto-save is not on.

3. Are the leaderboards going to be reset then for america and concidering all the DNF's and loses if you quit after 5 mins are now put in place ?

CL - This question is for FIWC... No more leaderboard resets if we can help it. Everything is fair actually – the PS3 disconnect issue affects all users and the 5-minute rule has been working since day one. Additionally, users in North America are not at a disadvantage for having started later, as they are NOT competing against other users from Europe or the rest of the world, when it comes to qualifying for the FIWC 10 finals. CONCACAF has indeed its own leaderboard, separate from Europe, with the top players qualifying. Confederation-based leaderboards will be available on www.FIFA.com/FIWC (http://www.fifa.com/FIWC) soon.

4. Are the updates listed the *only* things that will be fixed in the patch?

There seems to be a number of issues missing, such as the Assistant Manager moving your team around without permission and players refusing to sign contracts.

DR - The list is the issues we’ve addressed in the update – and from the teams side they were the things we felt would have the biggest impact. Whilst all of us would love to continue improving the mode constantly it’s not practical for a number of reasons – some of them beyond the FIFA Dev Teams control. Our apologies that we won’t get to everything.

5. Thanks for letting us know about starting a new MM. This would've been a real pain if I had carried on mine; glad I didn't now! Bring on the patch!

P.S. I hope it doesn't affect the stadiums assignments. Can you confirm if it changes them all please?

MT - Yes it does

6. Once the patch goes live will the DNF% for users be reset? Mine is currently at around 10% having been disconnected through no fault of my own on various occasions - some people on my friends list have DNF ratings of 100%!

Would be good to all start from a level playing field.

As number 3

7. Phil does the patch include logic for AI keepers in clubs to be of a reasonable stature........for example not 5"3.........

MT - We’ve increased AI in Clubs to World Class, which will improve the GK’s ability, but like all the generic players their height is still random

8. Thanks for addressing these issues EA. Should make MM a lot more playable. Just to confirm though, the patch will not be fixing the bizarre weather conditions and time of day in MM matches?

DR - No it will not. We’re limited on the size of the update – so focuses specifically on areas that effected playability, rather than authenticity.

Also, can you describe you you fixed the PSN disconnect issues?

DR - This issue may effect a number of titles – but will be prevalent where a lot of people on a large friends list are playing FIFA at the same time. The game, via PSN, talks to other friends saying youre playing FIFA. If everyone else is playing FIFA too it overloaded the game. We’ve decreased the frequency that the game tells other players that you’re playing FIFA.

9. Hello,

10. Thanks heaps for fixing these bugs. But there are still some others to iron out.

If you do make a third patch (hopefully you will), could you please fix the weather in MM? It's annoying and unrealistic that it rains 90% of the time in England! PLEASE let us choose what weather we want to play in!

See Number 9.

11. What of the accomplishments obtained with MM for virtual pro and trophies? Will those be wiped clean or will they remain? Is it possible to restart ones stats so that they reflect our progress without the DC problems with psn?
cheers for any info

DR - Accomplishments etc. should not be wiped. Cheers

12. Is the "Game session no longer available" error fixed with the update or is it still an issue with the servers?

How long is it going to take to resolve this?

DR - We believe the issue is not linked to the game atm, but are continuing to investigate. From our extensive testing (LOTs of testers, LOTS of programmers) the only way we can get this to replicate is to get someone to quit out of the lobby. Essentially someone has chosen to walk away from the game against you. We’re still continuing to look, but our extensive tests we’ve thus far found no server or game side issue. We believe it’s simply impatience on the part of the person you’ve been matched with.

13. Is the Bernabaue and other dlc now fixed so it no longer informs you that it is out of date no matter how many time you download it ??
And also will all my edited stadium names be lost after the update has been installed ??
Thanks.

CL - Our versioning numbers on the store servers were not consistent. This didn’t cause any functionality issue, but we understand that it might have been annoying to see ‘your downloaded content is out of date’ constantly in the ticker :S

This should be fixed now (it may take some time for the update to appear on the store).

See answer 5 for the stadium name changes

14. I know EA thought they had fixed the FIWC points problem, but they haven't, is this being re-patched?

CL - This should all be working fine.

In case you think a match wasn’t reported properly, we need online ID of both players, result, pts won/lost, time played, time zone. This will help us locate the report in our massive server logs.

15. Hi PWride i guess those three things i mentioned in this post wont get addressed then?

From earlier:

I have had to tweak the custom tactics of most of the teams just to get them to shoot from outside the box. Because the stats were all very similar on most sides they tend to play the same and walk the ball around the box, passing and passing. After hours of slogging away creating custom tactics in the 28 slots ive managed to sort a lot of the teams out. but the bottom line is i should not have to do that.

The teams should play like they did for 09. Can you fix this please?

Heading/chesting. This is still a big problem even playing weeks later. Several times my player has tried to chest the ball in the box rather than head it, frustratingly it happened 3/4 times on the weekend. Similarly i hate it when a player controls a ball on his chest from either a rocket clearance or shot or crossfield ball. Not many players can do it.

This needs fixing please.

DR - We’ll not be fixing ‘gameplay’ issues in any update atm.

and finally

Fix the a.i so it doesnt when it gets in the final third at 0-0 0r when they are winning they wont attack. Their player can get to the byline but wont cross. Yesterday the a.i got to the byline in the last minute at 0-0 and played a pass into the box to their striker. he could have scored but isntead turned around and passed the ball back out to the wing.

I know its in there as a keep ball/run down time feature but at 0-0 it doesnt wash and when the cpu is winning by a few it doesnt make sense either.

These really need fixing along with the MM modes so that the single player experience can have some longevity.

DR - We’ll not be fixing ‘gameplay’ issues in any update atm. Obviously the update includes improvements to what we believed were the most important frustrations in MM.

Thanks to everyone that has submitted questions and as mentioned, I will look to approve some more shortly and send those across to the dev team for their comments

This was posted above, mate :

Some official words from EA about the patches and about what to expect next. No patches anymore, no gameplay fixes anymore, just a Roster update with some new custom tactics in a few weeks. So this game is done until FIFA11 hit the stores. No surprise.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/dev-team-lobby/837189-update-discussion-2.html#post11729798

But good to have it in written form incase others can't access the EA board.

This was posted above, mate :

But good to have it in written form incase others can't access the EA board.

Ooops lol

Yeah the one i'm happy about is number 15

Should make a lot of difference if they do it correctly. And no need for using all the custom tactics slots.

To elaborate further on issue 15 on the Q&A

Originally Posted by EA_DaveGrant
Hello,

I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that we are working on releasing an update in the near future to address the custom team tactics issue. I can't give exact details but we are looking at all teams and will make changes where necessary (quite a lot).

There were a few questions regarding the online updates and wanted to try to address a couple of those. As with any online squads update we do, the following applies:

The update will overwrite changes you have made to the tactics, stadium names and assignments, and squads.

A few people have asked if we want feedback for the 'smaller' or lesser known clubs, the answer is yes, any constructive feedback that will help to improve the game is welcomed. Feel free to PM me with this feedback.

Cheers,
Dave

It would be nice if they could rename the stadiums to the real life counterparts, thus saving us the effort of doing so every single time they want to amend one of their f*ckups.

It would be nice if they could rename the stadiums to the real life counterparts, thus saving us the effort of doing so every single time they want to amend one of their f*ckups.

They wont because of licensing I should imagine, but they should be able to write a patch that skips the stadium assignment section surely?

Well at least the custom tactics will be addressed which is something I suppose and this could have a knock-on effect for the pressuring issues people have been complaining about.

Just hope it's not a half-arsed attempt.

They wont because of licensing I should imagine, but they should be able to write a patch that skips the stadium assignment section surely?

Well at least the custom tactics will be addressed which is something I suppose and this could have a knock-on effect for the pressuring issues people have been complaining about.

Just hope it's not a half-arsed attempt.

Yeah, I know mate. It was more tongue in cheek than anything else. It's just a ball-ache changing things every few weeks. The rigmarole of altering the stadia for a start, then having to go through it all again. Meh.

So what serious bugs are left in MM now? I take it we can still be sacked for winning the league?

Is it worth starting a MM?

Back
Top Bottom