FIFA 10

So I'm still completely failing to find any semi-auto games with the custom game filter... is it really the case that no one is playing semi auto games, ever? Is the only way to get one to 'cheat' and create a semi game unbeknownst to the joining player? Anyone on here who plays semi and wants some games, my gamertag is Stilts1844, add me and let's play some games!

Also the changing of cpu ai to world class in clubs in the patch, any chance this is also the case for regular matches? Cause that would be a good thing...

I agree with you 100%. Playing full manual against CPU above professional makes the game go totally wrong. And the stats-boosting (that is in fact a cheat even if some people don't like the word) is lame. That's why sliders are blatantly needed to customize the game to your liking.

There's another bltant cheat that cpu does, and it's related to dribbling and general movement.

CPU ALWAYS knows were are you going next. You can dribble because your player is faster or because sometimes (and only sometimes) they react later to the direction change. But YOU NEVER fool them. It's impossible.

In the same way, when they have the ball and you approach to them, they instantly know and turn just the other way.

These things (reading the user input and reacting perfectly to it everytime, just as in sliding tackles perfectly avoided the same frame you began the sliding animation) should be toned down.

You should be able to fool the cpu the same way they fool you.

And by the way, CPU players in World Class or Legendary have less inertia than yours. You can count the frames in the turns they make, they are a lot faster (not measured, it's the feeling I and the majority of people have about it) than your players doing sudden turns.

If only there was an effort to put ERRORS in the CPU behaviour, the game would be even better, and it's not that difficult to introduce this things in AI, really. We're not talking about smart AI, just that depending on player STATS, a cpu player can be fooled and don't follow your exact trajectory 95% of the time.

As a last comment, something that seems absurd is that all this is aplicable in deffense and midfield, while in the final third things get a little softer and sometimes you can do things inside the area you wouldn't dream to do in midfield. And to me, that feels just the opposite to how it should be!

I didn't notice any of this in the FIFA 10 demo. I dribbled past the CPU all the time with the skillful players, and the CPU made plenty of errors. I certainly didn't notice the CPU players having less inertia than mine.

Please show me some video of these problems so that they can be identified and properly complained about to EA. I've searched google and youtube and haven't been able to find any FIFA 10 cheats.

Next time it happens just pop a recording up using the in-game replay recorder so we can all see it. Thanks.

Ok, Eaton, I'll try next time when I have time (very busy at work right now). I respect a lot your opinions and you always explain your points clearly and measured.

In fact, I tend to agree to most of your appreciations, the "cheats" are in fact overall unfairness. That's made worse because CPU plays in ASSISTED everything and it makes it even more unfair.

Most people think by "cheating" that the CPU automatically makes some plays happen or something. It's not like that. I call cheats when the CPU makes something a human can't do or simply breaks the rules of the game, such as having stats boosted. If a 70 speed player runs as a 80 speed player, that's a cheat to me.

I'll try to put it in very clear terms when I have the time.

Cheers to you, it's great to have this kind of debates in a mature and relaxed way!

To clarify, I don't think it breaks the game. It's still very good. The reason why so many of us are in here complaining is that it could have surpassed PES 5/6 by a country mile. It feels to me like EA went all out on a lot of gameplay aspects, but the key aspect that makes FIFA 10 feel to some people like 'FIFA 9.5' is that the (assisted) passing hasn't really changed at all.

It's not as sophisticated as the system in PES which, while it robs us of freedom in many respects, is the result of Konami having to make a deep and enjoyable single player only experience from ISS Pro to PES 3, only working on one console throughout. I'm sure that if EA had been applying the same policy on simulation football 10 years ago as they are now then they'd have made passing what it should be by now. As it is, they've joined the party late.

I've just started a MM game what with the patch landing. I'm only three games in but I have been giving custom tactics more of a go. It does work fairly well against the computer; I haven't had to use the secondary pressure button much at all, often going for 20-30 minutes without touching it. It's too exploitable online though; the balance of the game is too fragile, unlike the robustness of PES's past.

Is there a downloadable file for authentic tactics? I might well put the effort in to change teams to authentic styles if there is.

I'll have to persevere to see how much they have really added to MM, but at least I'm not suffering from 100% rainy or night games. I'm enjoying the transfer market - signed Alexis Sanchez and Fabio, but have been rebuffed by a fair few other players which seemed quite fair. Douglas Costa wanted a more experienced manager; Jovetic didn't give a reason (does anyone know why this is?); Hamsik wanted to learn from more skillful players, Ninis felt he'd be just another of many squad players. The transfer market menus are a bit laborious for me; there's a great player database but no easy way to take in all the information available.

I don't like how awkward EA make it to look at a player's stats. It's the same system as the team management menus; click R3, scroll up and down and look at 10 stats at a time. Why is it all in one narrow strip? Can't they use the whole screen? Fair enough for offline multiplayer, but online and in single player half of the screen is occupied by black space and 'READY!'.

Why can't I highlight the right back slot and all players who can play in that position be shown in a pool of players at the top of a second window on the right, with players who can't play there further down? Why can't players have a wider, FM style row of data alongside them with their Power/Movement/Mentality/Defence/Attack/Skill/GK summarising stats in an easily digestible group, if they won't move back to the (brilliant) hexagon system of old PES's?

It's like reading a book by looking through a Smarties tube.

Last edited:
I don't like how awkward EA make it to look at a player's stats. It's the same system as the team management menus; click R3, scroll up and down and look at 10 stats at a time. Why is it all in one narrow strip? Can't they use the whole screen? Fair enough for offline multiplayer, but online and in single player half of the screen is occupied by black space and 'READY!'.

Why can't I highlight the right back slot and all players who can play in that position be shown in a pool of players at the top of a second window on the right, with players who can't play there further down? Why can't players have a wider, FM style row of data alongside them with their Power/Movement/Mentality/Defence/Attack/Skill/GK summarising stats in an easily digestible group, if they won't move back to the (brilliant) hexagon system of old PES's?

It's like reading a book by looking through a Smarties tube.[/QUOTE]

Very well said. I've been begging for a menu overhaul for ages... also including color coding a la PES (ieRed for above 90, yellow above 80) etc.

Just got the secret flair accomplishment. :D

You have to beat 5 players in one match. I got it just before a goal. I used the stick to push the ball past a player and hurdle the challenge and then slid it home. Fuckin amazing feeling.

*BRLOOMP*

me= "yay!"

I haven't played too much but yet i start noticing tons of patterns...which is something i find annoying as it means this game has scripting all over it.
There are some great moments but the more i play it the more i feel they have found some cheap solutions to make it look like they have dealt with most issues people reported (such as floty crossing and golies) but most changed are not organic to the overall game.

I also wished the game had the same level of visual and polish of Madden and NHL.

Dunno if it's just me or if EA have done something to the game in the last few days but I've fallen in love with it again tonight. I just played 6 fully manual games in a row online(playing as Arsenal then Chelsea) and everything just seemed to flow so well. The ball went where I pointed, my players did what I wanted them to and the responsiveness was spot on. Thats the best games I've had since the game came out. Managing the find manual games now more often than not.

Just got the secret flair accomplishment. :D

You have to beat 5 players in one match. I got it just before a goal. I used the stick to push the ball past a player and hurdle the challenge and then slid it home. Fuckin amazing feeling.

*BRLOOMP*

me= "yay!"

Getting my VP ready to attempt attempt one of my Maradona goals...:COOL:

For those of you with the patch how is form done now? I know it won't affect physical attributes anymore but is the way the game goes on about determining a players form still the same? I.E. you have a good game and your form still drops.

For those of you with the patch how is form done now? I know it won't affect physical attributes anymore but is the way the game goes on about determining a players form still the same? I.E. you have a good game and your form still drops.

Did they change this for adidas live season form as well, to not effect physical attributes anymore?

Yea... I am trying to decide whether to get it but I don't want it if players being on form effects them too much... ie arrow being up making them gain 5-10 points in speed

I already knew that I probably wasn't going to like the Pro Club Championship mode in this game but a few buddies asked me to make a guy and try it out. Am I right in thinking that all there is to the mode is pretty much pass to fast player, run to goal, pressure your opponent when you don't have the ball?

I know that you can't sort by game speed or control scheme so playing on manual seems to be a bit of a waste but I remember hearing that a few guys here are actually having fun playing Clubs. For those guys, how exactly do you play the game because build up play is most definitely not allowed and you have to be playing on something like assisted or semi and ping-ponging the ball. There is absolutely no way that you're not if you're having success. And are you playing games amongst your club mates and trying to play a realistic game (seems highly unlikely, you could just play OTP).

I've actually gone 21 wins and 4 losses in head-to-head by creating manual matches in the online lobbies and having unsuspecting people join up but that can't be the only way that I'm going to enjoy this game. Even in that mode everyone presses constantly and it's still difficult sometimes to move the ball around.

And is it just me or does manual feel a bit less manual this year. I heard someone mention that it had been tweaked but what exactly could they tweak about the passing. I can understand the shooting as often the ball always goes out of bounds on a shot and I've noticed that if I point near the goal, more often than not it's on target. But in the Pro Club match that I played some of the passes that I was making, sometime desperation passes as I was being run down all the time, seemed to find their target a bit too perfectly. I'm pretty accurate with the manual passing but it was getting downright ridiculous how some of my passes would fly on a line right to a player. Oh, and add to that the fact that nobody that I played online seemed to have any trouble at all stringing passes together. I think maybe everyone would enjoy manual now because it doesn't really feel all the manual anymore.

It's like reading a book by looking through a Smarties tube.

Very well said. I've been begging for a menu overhaul for ages... also including color coding a la PES (ieRed for above 90, yellow above 80) etc.[/QUOTE]

x2 EA need to do some work on MM and the front end for 11 not just a bodge job they did for 10...

Jesus. Played some friendly matches on legendary to test legendary and it was great. Fair matches, great flow. Starting a MM on legendary and first game get grilled by the CPU. Played with Bayern against Frankfurt (3 Stars) and they played like Barca again. Perfect passing and they scored 4! goals with 5 shoots.

That is big shit. It was Frankfurt damn, not Barca, not Arsenal, not Real. They never missed a pass in this game. They played incredible fast and they were deadly at shooting.

This is piss poor really. I edit the custom tactic for Frankfurt before but in this game it doesn't matter. They scored at will. I was down 0-2 early. It was 2-2 then and after my second goal there scored with the next attack. I managed to score a third one and they scored again, again with the next attack. That is shit.

Why is it that CPU never ever stop on an attack and play the ball back to a defender? They always passing the ball forward or running forward with the ball. The Left Midfielder receive the ball on the left side, runs down the wing and try to cross it or try to dribble inside. He never play the ball back to the Left Back and the Left Back now play the ball back to the Center Back. That is something you see a million times in a real Match. In FIFA you never see it from the CPU. Always forward, forward, forward.

So legendary is the same shit like world class or pro in MM. Every match will be a close fight, no matter who's your opponent. Bochum will play like Barca sometimes, no matter witch custom tactic you choose before. What counts most is that every single game is a fucking drama. It seems that is what EA try to achieve. Make every single game a fucking drama at any cost. Stupid and no fun at all. When i play against Bochum i will not play against Barca. Is that so hard to understand?

Last edited:
Indeed. The mentality of the AI is to attack and cause you problems. It's very rare that you'll see them set back and pass the ball around across the defence or spray long balls across the middle of the park. The challenge for human players is not conceding goals and with that, the AI will hone in and try to do exactly that. I've seen a few occasions where they'll pass it around and frustrate, but it's usually when they're a goal or two up. Running the ball into the corner is also hellish, especially when you struggle to get it back. I've literally punched the buttons on my controller to make a slide tackle in the hope that I'll seriously injure one of their players :LOL: A bit of escapism from the real world and it still sucks you in and pushes your limits to extremes.

What counts most is that every single game is a fucking drama. It seems that is what EA try to achieve. Make every single game a fucking drama at any cost. Stupid and no fun at all. When i play against Bochum i will not play against Barca. Is that so hard to understand?

Yep, and I'm sure a lot has to do with tweaking it to suit on-line play 1on1, they seem to have neglected off line as well and as a result all teams play the same, DIV2 sides give the same game as Arsenal or Barca... :RANT:

Really frustrating. I don't see me still playing this game in 2 month. I love it offline against my mates or online against friends but against the CPU it's just no fun at all. Way beyond the fun i had playing PES5 or PES6 against the CPU. Shame EA - it could be such a brilliant game. It's all there.

@Scutch

Maybe i will go into slide-tackle-mode too. Just for some justice! :D

That's one thing I was pleased to see in PES 2010, the CPU knocking it around you and playing it around defence. Pissed me off as they were pinging it about with amazing accuracy and pace for a first-time pass, but the movement and knocking around was good to see.

So the patch definately hasn't changed gameplay in any way?

This game is soooo frustrating. You see 10 faults in a row. albeit bad AI, constant pressure etc etc and just when you have had enough and are about to throw your controller through you flatscreen you see or do something utterly amazing and then your hooked again. It could have been the best footie game of all time by a mile but has so many frustrations with it. AI overhaul should be the main focus of Fifa11. No gimmicks next year, just no major bugs and huge AI improvements.

Anyone else lose their stadium assignments with patch....i did

After playing Clubs last night, EA may say that the CPU team mates are now playing on World Class but there was no evidence of this last night. They still make stupid mistakes that Wildster mentions, whatever they were on before their still playing at that shit level.

They have zero awareness of their positioning on the pitch and the bloody goalkeeper makes me want to throw my controller at my TV, over and over again he storms off his line like a headless chicken begging to be lobbed. The triangle double tap doesn't work, it only makes him come further off his line.

Its not easy playing as ANY online, I think I do pretty decent in the role though, its so frustrating watching my defensive team mates making stupid decisions that eventually always lead to chances/goals for the opposition.

Back
Top Bottom