FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

I'd like to see an attribute system, that
- is well balanced (of course ;) -> no super heroes, every player needs weak points)
- has impact on the tactics (e.g. good offensive players may have positioning problems in defence)
- bad form should have impact on attributes (->doing tricks, shooting)
- good defending, fouls, missed changes should have impact on the attributes
- attributes need to have (even more) impact on how a player can be controlled
- CPU controlled players/teams must be affected by (bad) stats, too (FIFA AI always seem to play with 100% players, in this point PES is still one step ahead)

I'd love having the option to knock someone over using body weight, not just slide tackle. Maybe pressing LT + slide tackle. I don't want players running past me and not do anything about it except hope for something to happen or wait till he goes past me and slide tackle from behind.

I think they mentioned something about using the right analog stick to shove players...

yeah Jeblo,

you reminded me about the whole "super players" thing. I don't think it's all that common that someone blazes past me with ronaldo or ronaldinho to be honest. and to be fair, it would be crap if i managed to get the ball to ronaldo and he's not a joy to control. hein real life he has the ability to blow past defenders if he catches them unawares. he should definitely have that skillin a game.

i think fifa's main problem is that even the best defenders take huge effort to stop him.

all they would have to do would be to have a trait (as i sad before. a REAL trait) that was applied to the best defenders (DEFENSIVE LEADER?) that made the defender quick over 10 yards and excllent at neat slide and foot-in challenges when timed well with the run button. that would be enough to counter the super players.

What's all the stuff regarding response times, I thought that was sorted in Euro pretty much and will be tweaked again in 09?
i think there just gunna tweak the speed of teh game. i tihink resposne times wil be teh same as euro

At some point in podcast, suff says "unfortunately, it felt like a fifa game"... i'm very disappointed.. looks like same old from ea

You really do love doom and gloom, don't you? Every post I notice from you in this thread is miserable.

I still think its going to be fun, but not as fun as it should and could have been.

rental for a week before i buy i think:))

The strange thing is, in the vids I've seen the responsiveness looks just what I want in the game. However, reviews say otherwise. Regardless, I will adapt as I always do.

One question though, has it been confirmed that the game will have speed option adjustments?

"At some point in podcast, suff says "unfortunately, it felt like a fifa game"... i'm very disappointed.. looks like same old from ea"

Didn't Suff said the exact opposite in the first podcast? Things like "best next-gen football game i've ever played" and so on ?

Can anyone confirm these points?

Can camera angles be adjusted - im sure i read somewhere you can manually adjust the camera angles

Has a release date been confirmed as I have just read in an XBOX mag its only coming out in November :O(

P.S Id like to see more penalties and red cards when playing single player games in Euro 2008 there are hardly any.

To make this the best game is to add LONG TAPE hahahaaha just joking but i would like to see it.

a better way of doing it is that if u do attempted a one touch, dont make it so that fletcher can NEVER one touche at all, make it so that when he does attempt it, 9/10 the pass is a shit one. dont fuck up the response times based on invividuality

Precisely!

Listen to adam's description of the front end of the game.

sounds sumptuous.

players models improved (Pato is apparently amazing). (slim to stocky players etc).

Loads of new animations. (headed the ball out many times under pressure with different animations each time).

unreal inter-activity between players.

can't wait :D

Can anyone confirm these points?

Can camera angles be adjusted - im sure i read somewhere you can manually adjust the camera angles

Has a release date been confirmed as I have just read in an XBOX mag its only coming out in November :O(

P.S Id like to see more penalties and red cards when playing single player games in Euro 2008 there are hardly any.

Yes cameras can be adjusted

Europe October 3rd
Australia October 2nd
USA October 14th I heard

And yes there will be more cards not sure about penalties

I'd love having the option to knock someone over using body weight, not just slide tackle. Maybe pressing LT + slide tackle. I don't want players running past me and not do anything about it except hope for something to happen or wait till he goes past me and slide tackle from behind.

i would like to see a body check tackle

so if someone's running at you straight on and knocks the ball past, you can just stand there and block them off or stick a toe out and trip them up

i would like to see a body check tackle

so if someone's running at you straight on and knocks the ball past, you can just stand there and block them off or stick a toe out and trip them up

;))

Surely with decent positioning and a tap of the sprint that will happen with the collision system? Ive seen quite a few players take a tumble when knocked by a stronger player in 50/50's. I would imagine that that will work with a bit of skill/timing on our part against the more regular players. Defending against the likes of ronaldo/torres/kaka/ect would require more skill and good timing of the tackle button.

Im hoping it will work that way,

Also were is the info that we can adjust the camera angles? Missed that.

Where did Suff say that "unfortunately, it felt like a fifa game"? In the first podcast he said that if you put the gameplay in another graphics engine he wouldn't know that it was FIFA.

Yeah I remember that comment aswell, although it was in reference to one point Adam made (single player comp AI?).

Sorry if this has been covered before, but does anyone know if you can assign stadiums to teams now?

If someone can find out if we can do this it would be much appreciated. Surely a simple option in the editor like PES has would not be too hard.:brick:

I'm sick to death of the Estadio de Las Artes.:MAD:

hope there is a balance otherwise online everybody will just be barca and man utd and i hate that. That was one major bug with pro online. Couldnt get a game against anybody other than barca. Wouldnt it be a good idea if you could, when searching for an online game, choose teams you do not want to play against.

Well, in the Ronaldo free kick video Ronaldo himself looks frighteningly fast.

Back
Top Bottom