FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Right first off when i hit arena and done some shooting i knew we was on to a winner oh my finesse shots are so improved and shot themself have so much venom. Responsiveness is so much better and collisions etc really add to game i went up for header with Drogba and defender pushed him in back and he went flat to the floor. :DD

Passing is much crisper through ball much more control im playing on World Class and AI dosnt feel super human as they did in Fifa 08.

So far excellent really enjoying it :DD

wow whats with all these sending off's? sounds like its very easy to be sent off

The ref's are much more card happy in this game. To be honest most of my red cards have been deserved as I was putting in some crunching tackles to test the new collision engine - all in the name of research.:))

You have to time your tackles to perfection in this - a good thing imo. The online hack-merchants will have to learn to defend on their feet.

Jesus

I aint even got out of the Arena and i can see this game is gonna be awesome

The shots are harder, they curl and have more variety. The Keepers animations, saves and they way the rush out and clatter you are amazing

im staying in the Arena for a bit :LOL:

LOL Are you teast the words I didnt really wanna hear, wait till I play mine its only 52% lol damn.

The videos looked okay, the shot im a bit worried about, the way he kicked it didnt seem right at all, he turned went for a shot, hopped a bit kept foot up and then went for the shot, and then it looked like it was going wide, only to suddenly like curl in. Maybe its just the video. But the way he shot looked strange.

The foul was cool you got a red for it, didnt look like you touched him much though.

darn..i don't wanna look inside PSN anymore. wait here for people to inform me thta the game had been upload. :LOL:

- Game is a lot more fluid, more organic.

- Shooting is better, you can feel more power, also there are powerful low driven shots.

- The collision system is really nice, fighting for the ball is awesoome

- I like how players feel more different now. I was playing around with Ronaldinho in the Arena, after starting a match with Chelsea, Ronaldinho was replaced in the arena by Ballack, and I instantly felt the difference in agility, speed, turning...

- Skill moves are easier to do, as in, I don't get as many mistakes as before (Trying to do a certain skill and the player performing another...)

- Goalkeepers seem improved in some areas, but I've seen a couple of times where in a corner they should've come out to punch the ball and didn't, Ricardo style...

- The referee played some nice advantage rules. Also, right before the end of a first half I killed somebody with Pato and the ref gave the advantage. Soon afterwards the game went to halftime. When the 2nd half began, I noticed Pato had been booked.

- I still haven't played around with custom team tactics...

- Overall, a lot better, compared with the PC demo it's like night and day. THIS IS FOOTBALL!!!

:)

The ref's are much more card happy in this game. To be honest most of my red cards have been deserved as I was putting in some crunching tackles to test the new collision engine - all in the name of research.:))

You have to time your tackles to perfection in this - a good thing imo. The online hack-merchants will have to learn to defend on their feet.

yea wasnt it you placebo that is a hack fest when playing online? not sure if its you but someone in this forum had a reputation of just hacking you on the floor.

Sound is good, penalty shootout was in front of the Chelsea fans so when I scored mine they cheered really loudly but when Toronto score theirs it was much quieter :)

No commentary sadly :(

Thanks guys, seriously, the official FIFA forums is quite depressing reading at the moment.

Game speed being an issue of choice, it seems.

Last edited:

haha. you mean they too concentrate playing and forgot to give their impression?

The amount of quick one touch passing you can do in this game due to the quick responsiveness is tremendous.

Through balls also feel greatly improved.

Some of the quick 1,2 passes are quite sublime to be honest. Absolute love the defensive headers too, if you miss time one, the ball goes flying past you waiting for an attacker to run onto. Simply fantastic so far!!.

In a cruel twist of fate my Xbox 360 died last night, so I plan to go to a friends to play the demo on his ps3..

Does the demo support 2 player?

Back
Top Bottom