FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

i watched the replay Kaka was 15 yards away from play. must of been from an attempted hack earlier.

cool though, as the ref can issue simultaneous cards when play is stopped

By the way, is there a PSN Australia zone? Could the demo be released there? Keep up the work, 360 users!

The 2x2 minutes is a dissapointment, but i guess it could have been worse like a one half only as in Fifa 08. Also at least the game goes to a shootout. my DL is at 20%, keep the impressions comming guys P.S vids please!

how bout the frame drops? is it there again? man i type nervously until typo many times

If you mean frame drops in replays they might still be in because in NHL 09 it's the same as FIFA 08 where the gameplay is 60 fps but replays is like 20.

But someone should be able to confirm this now with the demo out.

Hope PSN get it sorted around 12pm. I'm on a half-day off work today and I don't want to waste my afternoon constantly checking these forums/PSN for the demo to show up.

finally first goal. Raul header.

Thisd game is awesome. The best of Fifa combined with the best of Euro.

Absolute qusality how with Raul for example you can outthink the defence with a careful first touch for instance.

Very impressed

just had ashley cole straight red for off the ball foul, players wave their hands for offside. this demo is awesome.

yeah.. in the replay in euro 2008 it's very poor. i'm headache just watching the replay

yeah.. in the replay in euro 2008 it's very poor. i'm headache just watching the replay

From feedback in official forum:

"The replays still aren't silky smooth, especially on the super close-ups (which I've always hated, but they are a massive improvement, and the user controlled replay offers a silky smooth slow mo option."

"The frame drop as the ball crosses the line has gone completely, thank ****, and the nets look bloody brilliant when the ball hits them."

Ok here's my two videos from the first match, sorry about the quality it's just with my PDA, will see about making a proper captured match later on:

First a really sweet Lampard goal in the arena with the outside of his right foot, lovely animation:
Dailymotion - Lampard Arena goal, outside of right foot, a video from Placebo_SG. Fifa, 09, demo

Second the tackle so badly timed I got the wrong player and was sent off, straight red, lovely!

Dailymotion - Ballack straight red card, a video from Placebo_SG. Ballack, straight, red, card

Last edited:

Placebo, can you mirror those please? Even on YouTube?

Edit: Nevermind.

xbox bitches! I want it on PSN now :)

enjoy it guys and post your impressions so it wont be too hard sitting here at work for another 6hours

Essien got kicked and went down and you could see him on the deck while play went on,for atleast 10 secs,

After playing a few games I'm impressed so far. The game plays at a nice tempo, passing has more of a zip to it - everything in general feels as thought it is tightened up from 08. The new collision engine is awesome - I had 3 straight reds in my first game after putting in some ferocious tackles. Tackling will be a fine art in this game.

Shooting is much improved. You can really hit the ball with power and without delay. The response times in general are on a par with Euro 2008 so don't expect lightning-fast response times, as in PES (a good thing in my opinion).

Back
Top Bottom