Round 1
Chester 1 - 2 Notts$
Round 2
Notts2 - 1 Aldershot
Round 3
Notts0 - 1 Bolton

Final Position: 4th
Promoted!

Just won the Championship with Leeds, needed a win in the last three games and lost the first two to the bottom of the league and then to 2nd placed Bolton, before beating Wolves in the last game with a far post header in the 86th min...

Well Leeds have struggled in the Prem sitting in 13th with just 3 home wins...

Given I have kept my sponsor to 240k and ticket price low and not touched the staff stats also gibe we had to sign a few players in the transfer window, we are hemorrhaging cash...

I have gone from 80% job security to 16% and -380k in the bank. We will have to sell a top player to survive... :D

I'm currently ten points clear atop the Eredivisie with Feyenoord, on course for a first league title win. Still about ten fixtures left to play, however, plus the knockout rounds of the UEFA Cup, so plenty of opportunity for it to fall apart!

This will be my last season in this MM before starting a new one. The auto-growth has become a 'problem' because it's SO unbalanced. If I list all the Eredivisie players by OVR, most of the names on the first page are Feyenoord players. I have the highest rated squad in the league and the majority of those are not players I've brought in. The auto-growth has just taken the existing players and buffed them unrealistically - and I have not upgraded my coaches at all since I joined this club.

My future MM's will definitely be with auto-growth turned off. I've been thinking up some kind of initial rule set to implement a randomised, more gentle, more realistic manual growth. I'll see how it goes.

Yeah the XP system is just utterly and completely broken in Fifa09, I left my coaches on default (Sheffield Wednesday coaches start on 2/3) and still after 2 or 3 wins I have players with 4,000XP points to assign, just crazy.

2nd season with L'pool. 1st season won the league w/ 24 wins, 10 draws and 4 losses. Sold off Alonso and Keane, and got Armand Traore, Schweiny, and Canini for defense. This season is going even better, w/ only 1 league loss after 30 matches. Signed Chrisantus, J. Cole, Lahm and Kightly (from Wolves), and sold Riera and Benayoun. Cole is a flop, 1 goal in 28 games, and 2 assists, so I think I'm going to sell him off to get a quality defender and maybe Pjanic as well. Nordtveit is a good defender.

Playing a 3-4-3

Played 1st leg of quarterfinals of ECC against Lyon. We took the early lead through Torres, but two rapid fire goals by Toulalan and Govou tipped the match towards Lyon. We fought back hard, with David N'Gog coming ever so close to scoring, but we ended up losing that firt leg 1-2. Next leg is at home, so we only need to win 1-0 to advance. This is on all players and GKers WC difficulty.

1st leg of 1/4 final of ECC against Lyon at Lyon. Torres took the lead for us, but two rapid-fire strikers by Toulalan and Govou tipped the match in Lyon's favor. We got ever so close to an equaliser after David N'Gog's shot went just high, but we succumbed to Lyon, 1-2.

The 2nd leg resulted in the complete and utter destruction of Lyon. It was played at Anfield, and I had changed my formation before the match. I also guess I wanted to get back at them for the previous defeat. We took the lead with Kuyt, and soon after doubled that with Torres. After the break, Torres had a magnificent solo effort from the midfield and netted it, while in the 75th minutes Mascherano had the equivalent of a goal of the season.

I advance 5-2 on aggregate.

What an end of season for Leeds, got the vote from the board following a few posts saying how unhappy they were, sold one of our top players Naylor, to survive and pay off the debts, was on 16% Job security and managed to put four results together, 3 wins and a draw to get it to 18%. Then had the message the fans love you but the board hates you, went for the suck up to the board answer and got up to 21%...

Then played some last ditch football as we only had two reserves and some tired legs as I never touch the staff, also we were still shipping big money away and only making £50K at home.
Managed to put a run of five unbeaten together coming from behind twice to get 3 wins and two draws, but then had to play Man United away who were 2nd and Chelsea at home, who were top, then Spurs who were 5th away and then Liverpool who were 3rd away.
After that we had three more games till the end of the season...

So on to Old Trafford and a tired Leeds hit a full strength Utd. To be honest we were lucky to only come away with a 2-0 defeat, then with two players out due to accumulated yellows including our top scorer, we get a 3-1 drubbing at home from Chelsea, who have lost only twice all season.
Our security dips to 20% and we get the old if results don't improve message.
On to Spurs and Liverpool and some tactical shuffles get us a 1-0 win over Spurs with a penalty and a 2-2 draw against Liverpool after being behind twice.
We then pull three wins out of the last four games, beating a sorry Boro 4-1, our biggest win of the season. A solid 12th in the league just a point off tenth place and just over £2million in the bank is not a bad result for such a small squad, or so we think.

The board sack us at the end of the season, winners of the Championship and a good 12th place with the debts paid off is not enough to save us... :SHOCK::CRY:

Last edited:
Ouch, that's harsh, Nick Cave. Sounded like a really tense and enjoyable MM, too.

I'm getting close to the end with Feyenoord, about five-or-so league games to play with a pretty unassailable lead at the top, and Juventus to face in the UEFA Cup semi finals.

I'm thinking Spain for my next MM, segunda división, and I'm going to move to all Manual controls (I got my Manual Labour achievement the other day, it's fun). I'll probably wait until the data update comes first though.

hey does anyone how to completely save the overcast setting in manager mode? right now what i do is play the single player and set it to overcast and then in manager mode it will do the same.but when i stop the game and play it again after that,i have to change it again. i don't want to always play a day match every time. i want some rain and so.

You don't need to play the quick match, wait until you have a home match scheduled, save and quit to the main menu, start a quick match choose your home stadium in manager mode then change the weather and then back out all the way to the main menu, load manager mode, then save your game (not sure if that's need but I always do), now play the match and all matches should be overcast until you meet a stadium that doesn't have overcast. I believe that once you turn off Fifa the settings will be reset though so you have to do this everytime you boot the game.

Hey, don't really know where to post this question and I guess you've been over it a thousand times but here we go;

At the end of a season one (and all seasons thereafter) teams qualify for ECC and EFA cups, right. If I am one of the teams that qualifies I'm in that cup next season, which is perfect. My question is though;

- If I decide to leave my team and move to another club for season 2, will I be able to participate in the european cups with this new team or is it all a back to square one? In which you play say arsenal for an entire season without european cups?

Does it matter if I stay within the same league? I am playing Nice and saw that Marseille qualifed for ECC at the end of season one. If I want to switch to them, will I be able to play ECC with them or will this qualification be cancelled due to me switching teams? i.e. is it realistic or one of the worst bugs ever?

Is there a difference if I leave Nice after season 1 and move to Premier League and Arsenal, Liverpool or United or such (i can't see that they have qualified, but they should most likely have done so)?

Does anyone know, or does anyone know where I can find out?

Hey, don't really know where to post this question and I guess you've been over it a thousand times but here we go;

At the end of a season one (and all seasons thereafter) teams qualify for ECC and EFA cups, right. If I am one of the teams that qualifies I'm in that cup next season, which is perfect. My question is though;

- If I decide to leave my team and move to another club for season 2, will I be able to participate in the european cups with this new team or is it all a back to square one? In which you play say arsenal for an entire season without european cups?

Does it matter if I stay within the same league? I am playing Nice and saw that Marseille qualifed for ECC at the end of season one. If I want to switch to them, will I be able to play ECC with them or will this qualification be cancelled due to me switching teams? i.e. is it realistic or one of the worst bugs ever?

Is there a difference if I leave Nice after season 1 and move to Premier League and Arsenal, Liverpool or United or such (i can't see that they have qualified, but they should most likely have done so)?

If you sign for another club it will start again from scratch (I have not done this yet), the same as if you get sack...

Why not just save your game in two slots before the end of the season and then take the new job and see for yourself, if as suspected you miss out on Europe because of moving clubs (silly and annoying and hopefully the kind of nonsense fixed in Fifa10) you can just load the other save and continue at your old club?

Hey first time on here :D
just thought i would make a comment about my manager mode when i got the game i started with ARSENAL then found it boring just winning and always coming first and stuff like that so i decided to go as my home town Swindon Town FC :D i am playing it on Proffesional of course they are in League one and so far it has been good im top of the league in my first season, made a few signings already which is brill because with swindon you on start off with about 2 mill but just did a detailed search for a midfield player that was 16-19 and came up with all these results and most of swindons ratings are in the 60s so i found some defenders and midfielders in the and got them for good price, all players brought got for under a million and because they are young they are progressing well which is good to see, gone pass january transfer window now so got to wait till september time but beaten chelsea in the fa cup which was pretty hard Deco scored first then i equalised before half time with a cross to the far post that defender Aljofree put in to the back of the net then 2nd half simon cox put in for 2-1, i also couldnt put out my full strength team because my fitness coach wasnt high enough so team never had good health but that is sorted now.

When the transfer window opens again going to try either to buy or get on loan Jack Wilshere from arsenal.

the one thing i do miss on fifa is the youth squad i think it was fifa 07 that had this where you could get a player from the youth squad and give him a professional contract they need to bring this back i reckon.

getting a bit bored of the online at the moment so started a new manager mode and cant get off it, it is amazing loving battling for the 1st and 2nd place with carlisle united :D

anyway i will keep u updated on how things go and if i get jack wilshere !!!

wish u all luck and also i want Arshavin but he prob wont come to a league one side but just blow it all on hime :D:D:D

My Liverpool 2nd season ended with the league title for me, as well as the FA cup. Sadly, whenever I try to start up a 3rd season, FIFA shuts down. All the time. I gave up and started a new MM with Bristol City. Friendly against Ajax was 0-0

Then 1st league game to Leicester 3-0 for me.

Next match 0-0.

Playing all world class

next manager mode i start is going to be with the worst team i can get with a decent kit in the lowest league in england. ill build them from the bottom up with the eventual goal of winning a premier league championship.

Another season over for Leeds and a decent 11th place given we have no money an aging team and have had to sell our best players just to survive.
We still have our original sponsor paying £240k per game though we could be getting over £1.5M per game, and TBH if we don't get into Europe next season we will be in the red and sacked. Having only £1.4M in the bank we have to sell before we can buy but having no players worth more than £2.5M we will be hard pushed to make any changes. It's going to be a tough old season... :))

I've set myself a new rule now to increase the difficulty, I cannot sign any players except the allowed 2 loan signings per season :)

It's pretty cool because it's completely random as to whether or not there will be any decent players available for loan (sadly you can never loan a player who's not listed as being available for loan), this season I have Beto who's a tall, strong CF but a bit lacking in skill (he started at 59 for me), didn't do very well in his early sub appearances, hadn't scored in his first 15 matches, then scored twice as we beat the pigs 3-0 in the Steel City Derby so instant fan hero! The other one is a Brazilian DM/CB tall and strong and 72 overall at the start :)

Last edited:
SO, a couple months now - are you lot still playing?

Any concerns on how the CPU doesn't change up anything in regards to their starting 11?

I haven't played it since 2 days after UT came out, but I can't really see myself playing UT until October so will go back to my MM at some point, assuming UT hasn't broken it :)

Back
Top Bottom