FIFA 09 Manager Mode Thread

How is everyone finding signing players? Easy? tricky? Some players who just won't move? I guess it depends who you are playing as.

I'm in the January window of my first season (Grosseto, Serie B) and i managed to sign my top target (Ruiz Gonzalez, from Gent). I wasn't sure i'd be able to acquire him, as his wages are a few grand more than my average. Oddly he was only valued at 570,000 (i think i have Euros on) and i paid roughly 880,000 for him. The maximum i was allowed to.

At the beginning of the season i tried to buy someone and failed. I'm wondering if it's because the board are happy with me at the moment, as i'm doing well. I'm hopefully heading for promotion to Serie A, so i will need a few quality players, if my 4-2 (agg) Coppa Italia defeat to Juventus, is anything to go by.

How is everyone finding signing players? Easy? tricky? Some players who just won't move? I guess it depends who you are playing as.

I'm in the January window of my first season (Grosseto, Serie B) and i managed to sign my top target (Ruiz Gonzalez, from Gent). I wasn't sure i'd be able to acquire him, as his wages are a few grand more than my average. Oddly he was only valued at 570,000 (i think i have Euros on) and i paid roughly 880,000 for him. The maximum i was allowed to.

At the beginning of the season i tried to buy someone and failed. I'm wondering if it's because the board are happy with me at the moment, as i'm doing well. I'm hopefully heading for promotion to Serie A, so i will need a few quality players, if my 4-2 (agg) Coppa Italia defeat to Juventus, is anything to go by.

I think it depends on where you are in the Divisions and where they are, as well as how well you are doing.
How much have you put up your negotiator...?

I never touch any of the staff now and have the ticket price on low and take the lowest sponsor money...

It's still to easy to make money and the interaction between you and the board needs a lot of work for 10...

I think it depends on where you are in the Divisions and where they are, as well as how well you are doing.
How much have you put up your negotiator...?

I never touch any of the staff now and have the ticket price on low and take the lowest sponsor money...

I think he's on 3 or 4. My tickets are on medium. I only had about 3 million when i bought Ruiz Gonzalez.

Perhaps raise your player wages and bonuses?

I won the Serie B with Avellino.
i bought 3 players: Calaio from Siena, Mbokani from Standard and Bryan Ruiz Gonzalez from Gent...
My negotiator is up to 7.
I also searched a new CMF or AMF but i couldn't buy one. Negotiations failed with Medunjanin and my main target (Cigarini) is too expensive.
My first two matches in Serie A are against my favourite Italian teams: i won against Palermo (1-0) and the second match is against Atalanta...

Where are you going to play Ruiz G. gerd? I think he might be best as a left winger. His stats lower slightly if played as a CF or ST.

Oh and how much did you pay for him?

Last edited:
I play him as a left midfielder...
I payed him between 6 and 700.000 euro if i recall well (but i have a terrible memory for figures)

I've adopted this approach too. Also when negotiating I always offer players the highest wage I'm allowed, not to persuade them to sign but to deliberately bump my wage bill up...

With Feyenoord, just above/around midtable halfway through the season, I desperately wanted to sign Marcus Berg from Groningen in the January window. He said my club was not prestigious enough :(. I managed to re-capture Georginio Wijnaldum, however, whose career had gone off the rails and ended up at SK Brann.

Yup, he's a bargain...but litle Avellino has to buy bargains since they haven't exactly got loads of cash...
Just got a new sponsor deal with a company who spends around 700.000 each week. In return they want Avellino to become champions...seems mission impossible to me.

I finished a disappointing 10th in my first season with Feyenoord. Dismal form over the last few weeks changed the team's prospects from being on the fringes of 6th-ish to falling into the lower half of the table. Probably not what the board had in mind when they hired me. I'm claiming a re-building process - I need time!

Crucially I may have bought myself some time by continuing my love affair with the KNVB Cup. An extra-time winner in the semi-final put paid to PSV, setting up what turned out to be one of the most exciting KNVB Cup finals in recent memory (I should know, I've managed in 4 of the last 7).

Twente were up 1-0 at half-time, but I managed to pull two goals back in the second half to take the lead. Unfortunately it didn't last, Elias lashed home a rebound in the 82nd minute. At 2-2 my striker then had a glorious chance in the 90th minute, an absolute sitter... and pulled it wide off the outside of the post. Gutted! Luckily he was to redeem himself, glancing home a header in extra-time to win the trophy.

Silverware and qualification for European competition is not a bad start, if I can sort out my league form next season.

Im loving my MM with aston villa at the moment, i started it yesterday, and have decided im going to stick with this MM. Although i am currently 11th in the league, i have won 2, drew 1 and lost 2. My home form isnt to great, 2 losses at home, but unbeaten away so ill try and continue that.

It has been an odd start to the season though. Winning my first two games against fulham 1-0 and chelsea 3-1! then havnt won since except the english league cup which i beat Aldershot Town 2-0.

i made no signings at beggining but im in need of another forward. ill update this when i get to january transfer stage.

I'm currently 2nd with Las Palmas after 9 games. Finding it hard to score more than one goal (playing on World Class) but I'm defending pretty well so the games are pretty low-scoring.

Marcos Marquez is awesome for me, easily outshining my other strikers. Also had scouts inform me of Jim Martini, a MC on a free transfer who had been pretty good as well.

I'm currently 2nd with Las Palmas after 9 games. Finding it hard to score more than one goal (playing on World Class) but I'm defending pretty well so the games are pretty low-scoring.

I was having the same problem with Leeds lots of 0-0,1-0's, then I had a run of 4-4, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3, 2-4. The goals were flying in where before the keepers were unbeatable and the woodwork was two feet thick... :SHOCK:

Playing with Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship, currently sitting 1st on the table after 28 games. 47 points, two points clear of Charlton, Cardiff and Blackpool.

Just bought a host of players. Jan Simunek and Paulo Da Silva as CBs, Modesto on loan on LB, got Digard from Boro, Alanzinho on the LW and Negredo as the striker.

It's still really tight, so the title is up for grabs!

At least we know they won't be excluding it next time after the 348 threads about it on the Fifa forums, admittedly it was an exceedingly dumb nonsensical decision.

Nope no further news, my focus (and most people at EA that I know) is on the January update, have 12 teams to do myself this time around so it's gonna be 8 hours a day from Monday for me, be almost like having a real job :(

;)

You've got Leeds as one of your teams haven't you? Fabien Delph is quite under rated and I think he's down as a French RB instead of an English CM unless it's been corrected lately so could you look into that please mate?

And I know this isn't from one of your teams but I noticed Caceido for Man City is mixed race in the game but in real life he's black.

Back
Top Bottom