FIFA 09 Manager Mode Thread

Meh, after my "i'm doing well" post, i have had a defeat (1-0 to Sassoulo) and three draws (Bari, Rimini and Piacenza).

I almost scored with a back heel though. A sort of drag back and back heel move, right in front of goal, but it hit the post. It looked great though. I'm actually impressed by the different types of goal you can score.

Quite Possibly the best Bolton Wanderers team of all time?
playing in my 3rd season, in the first i won the fa cup, in the second, the community shield and UEFA cup, and won super cup in the 3rd. Been buying Youths from other clubs, keeping an eye out on free transfers and signed a couple of veterans. current squad is;
GKs: Hennessey 80, Kameni 80
DEFs: Ferdinand 87, Wheater 83, Nordveit 85, Cahill 79, Shawcross 76, Silvestre 73, Steinsson 72, Hunt 75
MIDs: Rafael 85, Muamba 85, Zabaleta 83, Gerrard 89, Ireland 85, Emnes 76, Taarabt 79, Kerr 58, Denilson 72, Nolan 79, Mustapha 76, McGugan 72
ATTKs: Berbatov 84, Elmander 84, Vaz Te 77, Sears 75.

Quite Possibly the best Bolton Wanderers team of all time?
playing in my 3rd season, in the first i won the fa cup, in the second, the community shield and UEFA cup, and won super cup in the 3rd. Been buying Youths from other clubs, keeping an eye out on free transfers and signed a couple of veterans. current squad is;
GKs: Hennessey 80, Kameni 80
DEFs: Ferdinand 87, Wheater 83, Nordveit 85, Cahill 79, Shawcross 76, Silvestre 73, Steinsson 72, Hunt 75
MIDs: Rafael 85, Muamba 85, Zabaleta 83, Gerrard 89, Ireland 85, Emnes 76, Taarabt 79, Kerr 58, Denilson 72, Nolan 79, Mustapha 76, McGugan 72
ATTKs: Berbatov 84, Elmander 84, Vaz Te 77, Sears 75.
Good going, top name too...;)

Finished the pre-season time.. Things are going to get tough from now on..
Gotta think about buying a couple of players anyway, I can't play a whole season without even a LB!!

Good going, top name too...;)

Cheers, Lev Yashin is still the greatest goalkeeper of all-time. I left the Reebok to take over Swansea, currently sat top of the Prem in my 3rd season with them, amonst others i've signed Joe Hart (86), Carvalho (80), Bosingwa (82), Rafael (from bolton) (94) Dan Sturridge (85) and Frazier Campbell (83).
Look to win the ECC soon like!

hey all i have 3 questions.

does fifa 09 have night games in manager mode? if not then why, cos they do online.

when you upgrade your stadium does it look different, or just get more money? i know it looked different on previous fifas, cos i got bolton to 10, and also my 1st luton mm on 09 i got them to 8 i think and it looked no different?

and why does the ps3 version not have pre season? and the cool newspaper articles? my friend has pre season on the ps2 lol... ahwell

hey all i have 3 questions.

does fifa 09 have night games in manager mode? if not then why, cos they do online.

when you upgrade your stadium does it look different, or just get more money? i know it looked different on previous fifas, cos i got bolton to 10, and also my 1st luton mm on 09 i got them to 8 i think and it looked no different?

and why does the ps3 version not have pre season? and the cool newspaper articles? my friend has pre season on the ps2 lol... ahwell

No.
No.
Next Gen doesn't.

No there aren't, not unless you make changes in quick match first.

Havent done that trick, but i'am sure there is night matches in Manager Mode. Just played couple games ago with Leeds against Wolwes and it was night match. I think it was my second night match in this season(just couple games left).

I go check what is my quick match settings, so perhaps that will explain it. Let's see...

i hate playing with the lower side in legendary and world class mode. they just sick cheaters! they get their goal in almost every single attack. for example,I'm with my team Reading,against Exeter(seriously,i never know there's a team name like this before) in the English League Cup. my team already have 5 stars ranking. but against this small side,which i believe to have 2 stars only,they lead me by 2 at the first half. and both goal come with crosses. they cross,they score. and they play like a very very good team. feels like playing against World All-Star,seriously. this is bull shit,as my team against Chelsea,or Man U, it's not a really a matter. i can win 2-1 or 2-0,it's a close game but still I'm happy with the realistic of the match. not in the match with the lower side,they just super human. with a rating of 60,a striker can body Richard,which i believe already with rating of 97. and body strength is 99. and the superhuman player on have a strength of 55. and he is fast too. this is bullshit. it's not he's good cuz he's really good. it's not like if i buy that player he can play like what he did. it's because the difficulty that EA try to make is effecting too much for the lower side. and it's killing me. i ain't playing this game anymore. not for a season. it's so terrible. and fucking bullshit. Fuck u EA

well thx for the awnsers Placebo you certainly know ur stuff dude :p

those awnsers are quite fustrating to hear, its stupid playing a champions league game in the daylight, and the money i spend on a stadium at luton for it to still be the one with the houses behing the goal is annoying. and for next gen to be shit compared to others is beyond me, being honest MM is a huge dissapointment this year, it better improve. the little things like kit number, night games and stadium not changing make a huge difference.

when fifa said in interviews there were like 500 new things i had big expectations, but on MM its around -5 new things

no its more like new menu and playoffs in some leagues. thats it. still full of enormous issues. really annoying as i'm bored with fifa 09 now. i dont play online and bap is boring to me. guess im not the type of gamer ea was aiming at this year..sigh..

An update on my Avellino manager mode.
After 23 matches Avellino are second with equal points (54) to leaders Parma.
But Livorno, Frossinone, Modena and Grosseto are not far away. Those six clubs will battle for promotion. I wanted to buy a couple of players in the mid-season transfer window, but did not succeed (i think because i forgot to upgrade my negotiation capacities). Pity...
I think the gameplay reflects Italian football perfectly, very tight matches against clubs who are very hard to break down.
In the match against Bari, i scored a a stunner with Aubameyang (player loaned from AC Milan), he was on the first post when a centre on the ground came in and he scored with a back heel...it was great to see...

which teams on fifa 09 would you recommend starting with on MM, im up for a challenge and not a team that will have like 40 million at the start and has all class players like man united and chelsea.

Has anyone switched clubs yet? Is it just a case of picking any team you want? I chose to leave my original club and it seemed, as far as I could tell, that I had basically the pick of any side I wanted. I have a manager prestige of 8/10, I don't know if that affected it or not.

I had six seasons with De Graafschap, during which I built them into a respectable outfit by Eredivisie standards. I reached three Dutch Cup finals but won only one of them (my sole trophy to date). My final season was easily the best in terms of league performance, achieving a solid third position, the club's highest ever Eredivisie finish.

However, I felt ready for a change. Feyenoord, who if I recall correctly had been champions the first couple of years, were now languishing in midtable for the second year in a row, suffering a real crisis by their standards. Having proven myself in the Eredivisie with a smaller club, it seemed a realistic opportunity to step up to one of Holland's traditional big boys, who would understandably be looking for a change.

I was sacrificing European football, departing at a real high point, and I suspected it would be a slight step downwards in terms of the quality of the players at hand because I'd built a decent side at De Graafschap, but in terms of the prestige of the club and the task on offer it felt an exciting (and realistic) move; so I was 'poached'!

One nice discovery has been that the AI-controlled De Graafschap have not reverted to default, they have maintained the system that I left behind. The same formation, same starting eleven, captain, tactics, everything. They dominated my new Feyenoord team, I was lucky to get away with a 0-1 defeat! I have some rebuilding to do...

Finishing up my first season as manager of Sheffield Wednesday, won the FA Cup beating Cardiff 5-3 in the final AET, 3 for Tudgay and 2 for Sodje (Watson scored an OG for Cardiff), now in the playoff final against Coventry who I've lost home and away to this season so should be interesting, Sodje is leading scorer for the Championship with 35 goals. Playing on Manual/Semi @ Professional, will move up to World Class if I get promoted :)

I've started a MM with Udinese in Serie A and really enjoying it at the minute. It's far better than playing Premier League anyway.

Wowzers just won the playoff final after a scintillating match with Coventry. I was 2-0 down after 26 mins (they scored on 24+26), for the rest of the half and midway through the 2nd half I struggled to make any progress, almost all my attacks (Jeffers and Sodje up front) petered out, at 66 mins I made 3 substitutions, main one being Bartosz Ślusarski replacing Jeffers, thought Bart's strength and power might help the ball stay up top longer, sure enough he pulled one back on 77, then scored again on 83 to make the final all square, clock's ticking down, 86th minute, I cross the ball from the left, it goes over my forwards, drops lowdown in front of my sub CM Rene Mihelič (Slovenian player signed on a free), he swept in a ground level right foot sweeping volley, looked great, and best of all we finally took the lead 3-2, managed to hold on until the final whistle and promotion is ours!

Board was unhappy that I didn't meet the terms of my contract (finish in the top 3), you'd have thought winning the FA Cup and winning the playoff final would be enough for them ;)

Surprisingly they are, yeah. :)

Disappointing that you can choose any club that you like after a season though, it should be restricted using your "manager prestige" level but... It's not. At least you have a choice, I suppose *coughPEScough*.

They messed them up so they have to know ;)

Talking of which, there's a chance to give them direct feedback about the sound, I'll make a post in the main forum.......

Back
Top Bottom