FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

That's all well and good. But before they implement any of that do you think they can fix that unbelievable annoying feature where your player runs through treacle towards a ball about 2 yards away from him only for an opposition player to make up about 15 yards and run past him to take the ball. Probably the most obvious and infuriating example of scripting ever to grace a sports title.

Just press super cancel and he'll then run full speed for the ball, works fine for me.

That's all well and good. But before they implement any of that do you think they can fix that unbelievable annoying feature where your player runs through treacle towards a ball about 2 yards away from him only for an opposition player to make up about 15 yards and run past him to take the ball. Probably the most obvious and infuriating example of scripting ever to grace a sports title.

I think the scripting will be addressed to some degree for sure, though I would not get my hopes too high astirling. If they made it less face smackingly obvious it would help. I'd have to say it's the worst I've seen in some instances.

Not sure why you think the scripting will be addressed. They'd have to find whole new ways of making the AI work to get round the horrible scripted things. PES never addressed them, in fact, just made them worse and worse to the point where even fanboys were starting to complain.

I fear that EA's attitude will be it's good enough as is. Nobody is particularly kicking up a stink about the cpu cheats so they'll not address them.

What's particularly annoying is the cheats and scripts come into play in 5v5, too. There's no escape from it. I'd bet they're instrinsic to the workings of the whole AI model.

I think they can alter some things without re doing large parts of the coding, this with tweaking the responsiveness will go a long way to improving overall game play.
I don't think we can tar EA with the Konami brush, one thing EA have had to do is keep putting work into their product just to try and catch PES up, the only thing I saw Konami doing was taking perfectly good things out and putting stupid heads n stuff in. As I said I wont be getting my hopes up too much...

I think they can alter some things without re doing large parts of the coding, this with tweaking the responsiveness will go a long way to improving overall game play.
I don't think we can tar EA with the Konami brush, one thing EA have had to do is keep putting work into their product just to try and catch PES up, the only thing I saw Konami doing was taking perfectly good things out and putting stupid heads n stuff in. As I said I wont be getting my hopes up too much...

Hmmm....Not sure. EURO 2008 was pretty responsive but still had the horrendous scripting issue i described. It also had dreadful goalkeepers and the Faeroe Islands were the hardest team to beat in the entire competition. With quality assurance like that....my hopes aint too high. :-(

I really hope so, I just want to see this game in motion and find about this "revoultionary new mode that could make this game of the year" that they've been talking about.

Sounds promising.

Weird when he was talking about better keepers, and the video was showing a screamer going in from 30 yds.

Sounds promising.

Weird when he was talking about better keepers, and the video was showing a screamer going in from 30 yds.

just because the keepers are better doesn't mean they can't concede 30 yard goals....

and you don't know what level it was either

Seems like that feature is 9V9, FINALLY a little bit of gameplay footage, couldnt tell much from it to be honest, looked like FIFA08 with responsives fixed.

thats the thing tho.. we WANT to see the goalkeepers improve, but by that we mean make them worse! if you know what i mean =P Can't tell but it seemed like it actually took a second for the keeper to react to that shot which could be a good sign

That's shit then, it's not a new feature, it's not an innovative feature :(

they didn't reveal anything which tells me it won't be 9v9 that will just be a taster of what is to come from online! I can pretty much guarantee they will probably mention

Leagues,Tournaments,Be A Pro, And one New online feature that should get us excited which no 1 knows!

Ok, I didn't actually listen to the chat, knew they wouldn't talk about manager mode improvements so I don't care to hear more EA PR fact sheet rehashed as new info ;)

There was a rumour about the revolutionary new feature in NHL09 a few days back (and I think it's going to be the same as FIFAs). I can't remember exactly, but the basic idea was that you can start an online Be A Pro team and play in online leagues. You select a squad of players, so you have more than 11 to pick from in case people can't play.

Ok, I didn't actually listen to the chat, knew they wouldn't talk about manager mode improvements so I don't care to hear more EA PR fact sheet rehashed as new info ;)

the thing is I don't expect improvement to Manager mode if we still didn't have online gaming then Manager mode would probably be where you want it but footie games are been designed more and more for the online gamer I doubt Manager mode got that much attention

unless ''The New Online feature happens to be Online Manager Mode'' now that would be revolutionary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom