FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

all this from a pixelated short ass clip. Give it time troops. I'm sure there will be better vids soon, hopefully showing the improvements.

its not semantics, there is a difference in number of people who play fifa online and the number of people on live... these are two different facts and it is clearly not semantics.... lets face it, people who dont play on live are in the minority when it comes to fifa... i thin most on here tend to agree manager mode is shit

I never play FIFA online :|

i dont play football games online, too many whinners and cheaters. Rather do career mode (Master league on PES) and play with my mates on the same console, alot more fun as you can punch him in the arm if he scores :|

Doesn't look particularly different other than it's speeded up, but I don't think to the point where it's stupid, like PES.

The improvements mentioned should all add up to make it a really good game. I hope the talk of player weight and attributes having an effect on collisions is noticable and implemented well (didn't look much different to 08 in the video, to be honest).

Be-a-pro will give the off-line play some badly needed life, albeit for only 4 seasons.

I don't believe the purported improvements will make the slightest bit of difference to normal 1-player mode....I think it will still be complete and utter shite.

On-line 5v5 (or 2v2, 9v9...or whatever) with improved responses over 08 should make for an even more addictive game than 08.

I never play FIFA online :|

i dont play football games online, too many whinners and cheaters. Rather do career mode (Master league on PES) and play with my mates on the same console, alot more fun as you can punch him in the arm if he scores :|

:SS I'm the same though we play on same team, give it a try reddevils, it's a different game v AI.

watching the video i can notice they won't add 16 directions movement when in ball possession.
Apparently they are not going to 360 directions. I'm sorry for that.
Maybe Konami will do it...

sorry nick can't find anything clearer will keep trying though.
did you see the striker pointing to where he wants the ball??00.21secs nice touch just adds to the realism.

That video showing only ingame really does make it look ALOT better

you start to notice the small things, looks beautiful

sorry nick can't find anything clearer will keep trying though.
did you see the striker pointing to where he wants the ball??00.21secs nice touch just adds to the realism.
Yep from the noises they are making and the touches you can make out should be good, just hope the ball is a bit free'er this time got sick of virtually all loose balls, clearances etc going straight to AI...

as an outside observer who hasnt played fifa 08 but only seen it, i think it looks quite a lot better.

From that video doesn't look much different specially from the arena, only noticed the new move that back heel thing from PES? Infact that was there before?

Seems sped up but as some said thats probs cause of the video, otherwise looks the same to me... best wait for more footage.

The one thing that they need to fix from Euro 08 is being able to change a player once your attacking corner has been cleared.

So many times the ball has dropped to the edge of the box and I'm waiting to smash it in, but despite me pressing the button it won't let me change player from the guy who went for the initial header and I'm left having to watch him run past 3 closer players to get the ball.

I see a freekick dummy wall near the post, maybe you can use that for practice? Bout time too since i hate practising my freekicks without a wall

Not sure if its already been pointed out (and no pun intended) but i like how the cpucontrolled players point to where they want a pass from you (1:10 & 1:47 mark therebouts)...i have a feeling I've seen that before in a PES game but still its a nice lil touch there in '09

Last edited:

thanks for the vids, but i would love to see the facts that back up what your saying. if it were teh other way around the same thing would be true... just face it man, on-line gaming is the future..

On line gaming has ruined gaming in my opinion (and no offense to you good lads that do it) it's made games come out that should have been good BAD. Countless times i see online features put in when that dev time should be used to iron out bugs in the main campaigns.Wish I could be as enthusiastic over COD4.7 and shit but I'm not.

Rutter: We are pleased to announce you can completely customize your controller however you want. If you want those mappings, then the controller mapping set-up will enable you to do it. Essentially you create your own controller configuration, assigning actions to the buttons exactly how you like them for complete control. You can save these and even take it online which was a major request from gamers last year.

Rutter: Custom Team Tactics can be used online. You can assign up to 4 Custom Team tactics to your D-pad or your thumb pad if you want to re-map them as part of your controller configuration option. You will be able to use these online and you will be able to exchange these Custom Team Tactics online with other people via the EA Locker. You will also be able to use created formations online as well.

Rutter: I will be able to talk more in depth about our online features and new capabilities in the coming months after we make some additional feature announcements this month and at the Leipzig Games Festival in Germany in August. What I can say right now is that the new EA matching –making hub will create a significantly improved experience when looking for other gamers to play online and this, combined with what we will be revealing in the coming months, should create a much improved online experience.

5. Online Leagues were added last year, which was great. However, it would be amazing to get 8-16 guys together to battle it out in a mini-tournament. Have Quick Tournaments been added to FIFA 09?

Rutter: Well, we’re still working on the game so stay tuned. We’ll be discussing online features in-depth later in the year.

When playing online in FIFA 08, a user wasn’t able to see who the opponent is manually controlling. This can seriously change a user’s strategy, and when playing offline against an opponent a user can always see who’s being controlled. Has the user cursor been added to online play?

Rutter: Yes, we have addressed exactly what you have described.

Rutter: Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your questions. I have dozens of additional questions that have been submitted by your readers and I will try to answer these as quickly as possible. So please check back for my answers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom