FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (All Formats)

I know PES6 is shit, but Fifa 07 is even worse with all its bugs (even more than PES).

Do you think Fifa is realistic?

I didn't think so... No goal I have ever seen in Fifa has looked realistic.

r u really saying that fifa old gen(ps2 , pc) is the same as the current gen(360, ps3) version??

if so, u must be blind, i dunno how u r able to read our posts and anwser it.

I have played both and they both have the same feel to them, so yeah I know what I am talking about.

I wont be buying PES this year. I will be buying FIFA 08 on release day.

I think for a person thats been on evo-web since 2003 and has played iss/pes/we since the snes days that statement says a lot. Backing up that FIFA isnt just churning out the same old shite and I am sure I may not be alone.

I have played Fifa since Fifa 96 and PES since PES4 and I played ISS2000.
Since Fifa 2005, not much has changed and the next-gen versions don't impress me.
They are completely different. Not even close. That is an abysmal statement.
I think that the two versions are similar.
Watch PC/PS2 gameplay videos of Fifa 07 then watch Xbox360/PS3 gameplay videos of Fifa 08. I don't see much that difference.

Find me a video that shows off the impressive and realistic gameplay of Fifa please then I may change my mind.
Every time I ask someone to point out what they like in Fifa they can't think of anything apart from licsenses, AI and keepers.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think for a person thats been on evo-web since 2003 and has played iss/pes/we since the snes days that statement says a lot. Backing up that FIFA isnt just churning out the same old shite and I am sure I may not be alone.

100% with you serg, i was 1000% PES, always defending the minoe upgrades and graphics with "it plays like football" statements etc.

Not any more, FIFA07 had plenty of bugs but it tried to mimmick football and I could see where they were tryinhg to take it,.Then came UCL with better collision etc , stiull not perfect but a real good effort.Now what i have seen of 08 has impressed me as much as the jump from PS1 to PS2 in footy gaming.

Stunning graphics, realistic animation,lovely ball physics and tweaks to UCL to make it even more enjoyable, couple this witha massive manager mode and superb authenticity, its my game of choice.

PES looks so arcade now sat beside FIFA, still fun, but not what i am after playing football games.

PES has not moved enough whereas FIFA is light years ahead of anything that it produced before.

im in the exact same boat m8...
i must say that after WE6FE, i havnet really enjoy any of the latest intallements...ending up absolutly HATING pes6 360...
offcourse ill give pes2008 a shot.. i aways do..but from what ive seen in those videos, they are tracking a pacth of an arcadey pacey style and thats not what iam looking for in a football game.

Since Fifa 2005, not much has changed and the next-gen versions don't impress me.
I think that the two versions are similar.
Watch PC/PS2 gameplay videos of Fifa 07 then watch Xbox360/PS3 gameplay videos of Fifa 08. I don't see much that difference.

Find me a video that shows off the impressive and realistic gameplay of Fifa please then I may change my mind.
Every time I ask someone to point out what they like in Fifa they can't think of anything apart from licsenses, AI and keepers.

360/PS3 V PS2

1.much smoother animation and more of it.
2.much better graphics
3.Better ball physics
4.AI
5.60FPS
6.5.1 digital sound
7.3D crowd

The gameplay as a consequence of the above plays and looks better.

So the manual (free) unscripted passing and the manual (free) unscripted shooting in FIFA next-gen, arguably the two most important parts of a football game's gameplay, have escaped the people you've been asking? Well, their loss.

Seriously, I think the mods need to crack down now. The amount of crossover is ridiculous.

I've played the 08 PC demo and its only a minor improvement on 07 PC.

Controls feel more responsive, it looks better (bear in mind you can't change the graphics settings on the demo) and the shots look beter, but you still can't pick your spot, it really is pot luck where it goes.

Roll on pay day and the 360/PS3 demo!

So the manual (free) unscripted passing and the manual (free) unscripted shooting in FIFA next-gen, arguably the two most important parts of a football game's gameplay, have escaped the people you've been asking? Well, their loss.

Seriously, I think the mods need to crack down now. The amount of crossover is ridiculous.

Arrgh sheeeez I forgot about those two Jack:lol:

It looks like football, it will be a great attempt to play like it and it holds more anticipation for me as its trying to be different.

PES2008 will be great fun, you will have some fantastic moments but its not trying to take the next step into simulating real life and thats why I fear for its future as EA have already invested the money.

This year PES will probably be the better option for PC (with it being next-gen and Fifa not being) but when EA go next-gen for PC, I might consider buying it.
People like me who don't have a next-gen console only have one choice really.

This year PES will probably be the better option for PC (with it being next-gen and Fifa not being) but when EA go next-gen for PC, I might consider buying it.
People like me who don't have a next-gen console only have one choice really.

Thats a shame Rob, why no console??

I dont think that PC is getting the same sort of attention as the consoles anymore as the gaming market has shifted toward the pick up and play sector.

PC's are excellent but maybe too exspensive and technical to play the next gen games.

Get a console matey

I don't have a TV in my room and it is way too small to fit one in, I would love to have a PS3 and try out all the cracking games which are not on PC but it is not possible at the moment unless I play on a 16" TV in the dining room, not too practical, eh?.

I know I have bashed Fifa a bit in this thread but I am not a PES fan, I am just annoyed that from the videos I have seen that the game looks boring again. Fair enough, some people like that but I like fast paced responsive football with almost unlimited possiblities for goals, Fifa doesn't provide that for me.

High-end PCs are more powerful than PS3s, the people who have these high-end PCs just keep getting PS2 ports which is unfair.

I don't have a TV in my room and it is way too small to fit one in, I would love to have a PS3 and try out all the cracking games which are not on PC but it is not possible at the moment unless I play on a 16" TV in the dining room, not too practical, eh?.

I know I have bashed Fifa a bit in this thread but I am not a PES fan, I am just annoyed that from the videos I have seen that the game looks boring again. Fair enough, some people like that but I like fast paced responsive football with almost unlimited possiblities for goals, Fifa doesn't provide that for me.

High-end PCs are more powerful than PS3s, the people who have these high-end PCs just keep getting PS2 ports which is unfair.

Yep totally unfair.

Thats the thing with footy games matey is that its all down to what you want, and feel is the right game for you.
PES wiull certainly fit with your requirements and FIFA with Jack's, mine or who ever.

Main thing is we enjoy the game we choose and respect everybody's opinion, even if its different to mine.

The only realistic thing about Fifa seems to be teammates AI.
Shooting, passing, crossing and heading all seem very wrong and cocked up to me.
NOT a realistic game at all.

That might too harsh don't you think.As JB ,manual passing and unscripted shooting is the way forward for football games.FIFA took that direction which is good and hopefully PES will by next year .It's just that waiting another year to have "free" gameplay sucks so that's why a lot of people are eager to get FIFA 08 rather and PES2008

Ok I was a bit harsh and free manual passing and shooting sounds good. I will have to try it out before I criticise again. I have to admit, EA have added a few major things to their next-gen version.
I just look forward to a next-gen release for PC now...

I think the fact you have played each games' worst periods doesnt work in your favour for having a balanced opinion (although i accept you didnt have much choice as a pc player). Fifa98 was the last decent version before the nextgen engines came along( so nearly 10years) and since pes4 not much has changed, including the nextgen pes versions. They have gone stale and have increasingly been bogged down with scripting to artificially make the game harder.

Fifa nextgen is a totally different animal compared to the last/currentgen versions. To me the difference is obvious, both in graphics and in gameplay.

You do have a good point about nextgen/oldgen ports for the pc though. Although pes "nextgen" probably wont look much better then the current gen pc with a high resolution / kitserver / edited pitches / stadiums / etc.

I installed the demo, but I get a black screen and nothing happens, anybody knows what's going on? Should I uninstall and install again?

Might be that your monitor doesn't support the default resolution, though I'm just guessing, as I know nothing about that sort of stuff. :p

The demo's a bit weird graphics-wise, I don't have that bad a graphics card but the game jerks like hell. Cut-scenes are fine but gameplay can be unplayable at times. I believe I had the black-screen problem with the FIFA 07 demo, Christ knows how I fixed it.

Well what a waste of time that was. Thought id download the PC demo to see what I thought of last Gen FIFA... they have gone backwards! what have they done to the shooting system? I thought it worked quite well in 07 but every shot I take seems to go no where near where im aiming! Its as bad as PES's CPU Scripted shots! what have EA Done? I seriously hope the Current Gen (360) version turns out to be steps forward instead of backward!

Well what a waste of time that was. Thought id download the PC demo to see what I thought of last Gen FIFA... they have gone backwards! what have they done to the shooting system? I thought it worked quite well in 07 but every shot I take seems to go no where near where im aiming! Its as bad as PES's CPU Scripted shots! what have EA Done? I seriously hope the Current Gen (360) version turns out to be steps forward instead of backward!

listening to Kenny & CW I dont think that is going to be the case Doc.

as I said before, all the money, time and effort has gone into next gen so PC was always going to be crap from the moment they said that PC was gonna be last gen.

Next gen FIFA is fine. You played a half arsed middle of the road version. Stop being such a moaning cunt

Wep shooting is just a question of luck. But it's not new.

As for the graphics my opinion changed. It's not beautiful but on very high resolution with full details it's more than ok. : no more blur, nicer animation. But you have to stay far from players becauses cut-scenes don't look good. Anyway, just this change makes the game more enjoyable.

Damn just played a PES6 game and definaly those in this topic sayin pes is a betther game is way stupid...the cpu win challenge 100% and challenge animation is like not even 1 sec long and the cpu already won.
2.ref never call foul cpu always get the ball even tough its clumsy.
3.free kick are impossible(if the player that are in the wall are tall there no way you can go trough it,so stupid,dont wall dont even matther in a free kick the only time player hit the wall is when he try to hit it hard)
4.when attacking and you make a great pass into a free player in the box is like a 100% goal but no the keeper has come out so even you shoot it 100% hit the keeper and you cant score.
5.you cross the ball it deflect even tough the player was like 5miles away from you.
6.the ball in the air with no power at all but since hes has a 85rating header he head it with power into the top net.
7.player are unfatiguable they run the pitch tackle liek crazy and still trying to reach out.
8.midfielder has become CB since they stay back with the CB they dont try to protect the midfield but act like CB.
9.player like Aaron Lennon are playing like their some NESTA or maldini in defense.
10.I olmost forgot the late cracker at the 85-90 min from the CPU even tough your winning and dominating the game.
11.CPu like never score a legit goal.
12.the foul that teh CPU do to your CB and make him lose the ball and tbe CPU is able to score a goal.
13.the CPU aggresivness is unbelieveable even the striker are playing like midfielder in defense...always.
14.you beat defender off dribble but still comes out to get you off the ball clumsy but eh no foul.
15.the defense is horrible there a break trough the defense on the left the CB is beaten the only player remaining is the left back but no he decide to get back to the left since there are some player coming leaving the CPU with the ball 1 vs the keeper.

so stop give a prop about how pes is betther than fifa
FIFA definaly is going to knock pes out this year.

Back
Top Bottom