FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (All Formats)

I think we can safely say PS2/Xbox are last gen, and now 360, PS3 games are current gen.

Next gen = DX10, DX11, DX12, Quadruple Cores, Quad SLI, basically all of the future PC tech that consoles steal and claim as their own.

FIFA 08 on PC = Last Gen.

You "agree" with a question??

HAHA, seriously, if I started posting "PES2008 is PES6, open your eyes"

You cant do this,because you never played pes 2008 for a comparison of these two games. BUT I played the CURRENT demo and the gameplay is the same as fifa 07 gameplay. The demo have the same bugs and it play the same way. You dont believe me? Play the demo and stop posting bullshit cammeyboy.

I can't even be bothered replying to The Power, ignore button ...

I am not saying the game is shit but it have to many bugs for an enjoyable (online)play...like fifa07. It is so hard to believe me?

As I said earlier the PC demo is very disappointing, to me there is no real difference from FIFA 07 and it seems to have the same problems as the FIFA 07. However, people should not judge the 360 and PS3 version because it abunduntly clear that they are using a completely different engine.

As I said earlier the PC demo is very disappointing, to me there is no real difference from FIFA 07 and it seems to have the same problems as the FIFA 07. However, people should not judge the 360 and PS3 version because it abunduntly clear that they are using a completely different engine.

agree... i am also think the nexgen versions are much better. PES08 PS2 will be the same as pes6.ps2...with some detail improvments. But its a disappointment the fifa 08 pc version dont use the nexgen engine

and By the way for those people that were moaning about the fact that There wont be Night matches on next-gen console are false THERE are Night matches on the next-gen consoles.

agree... i am also think the nexgen versions are much better.
You were JUST SAYING that the PC version was the same, they all have the "long ball bug". Seriously, people are being told in the PES thread to stop trolling, why are you allowed to get away with it here?

sorry jack i quote the wrong post. i wanted only to say the pc version is the same as fifa07.

how much of fifa07 pc did u play? if u just playef once or so, and slamed your favorite quote "OH, FIFA IS CRAP" , than i must say youre not the one to compare 07 to 08. but if u did play it consitantly , ok, i respect ur opinion but i disagree with u...i just played the demo , and i felt the game is not the same as last year.. i wouldnt call it toatlly diferent ...but i would just say it has thighten it up things, just like konami does year after year with WE... some new animations here and there, mess with the ball heigh and kaabooom : u have a new version.

about 08, its a very playable game nothing more and we all know the real deal is yet to come.

The Power adds very little to the debate so troller is a good description,anyway..............

FIFA 07 PC cannot be an indication in any shape or form, of what 08 360 & PS3 will be.
I think (IMO) EA have done the right thing and that is leaving the PS2, XBOX behind and concentrating all thier money, time & efforts onto the new consoles.

I would suspect that EA perceive the PC user as being far less than consoles so they concentrated on next gen and doing a simple port from PS2 (makes sense given time and money).

I do beleive that FIFA09 will not have a PS2 version and the PC will be ported across from 08 360/PS3 and last gen will slowly die.

how much of fifa07 pc did u play? if u just playef once or so, and slamed your favorite quote "OH, FIFA IS CRAP" , than i must say youre not the one to compare 07 to 08. but if u did play it consitantly , ok, i respect ur opinion but i disagree with u.

I played fifa 07 offline for 2-3 weeks and online 2 mounts..but the bugs getting every time on my nervs if i play it online.

Just tried it, very very slight improvement on FIFA 07 (PC/PS2/XBOX VERSION). But not enough to make it a decent alternative to PES, in my opinion. Very robotic, everyone feels the same, and the shooting... Holy shit, in PES6 every shot goes over the bar (complete step backwards from PES5), in FIFA 08 (PC/PS2/XBOX VERSION) every shot goes wide!! I'm running straight as an arrow, I hit the shot without moving the stick away, so you would expect a straight shot. It goes MILES wide of the goal.

Wasn't expecting it to be any good anyway, it's the next-gen version I can't wait to get my hands on. I'm still placing all my hope on it being released 5th/6th September...

I tried uefa cl on the ps2 about an hour ago before I played this demo.

Have to say I dont think its half bad, the manual passing and crossing is only set to 50% (I think), on the demo, but you can tell its more free. I shall be getting hold of this game when I have bought my super computer :)

Why? I honestly don't understand why someone with access to a 360/PS3 would buy an inferior version... Fair enough if you only have a PC, but otherwise...

yyeh - i like the pc demo -

Ok the graphics are pretty bad, well the textures are awful, take away that though and it still looks better than pes6 IMO

I like the game play, the AI is pretty good, and little features like the ability to move the keeper when defeding free kicks/corners i excellent.
Players are always making good runs around the place. And i have always liked the trick stick anyway.

Love running down the wing with ronaldo, quick stepover and dart into the box and unleash a shot out of the stadium!!!

I have watched Xbox360 and PS3 gameplay videos of Fifa 08 and it is almost the same as UCL 06-07 which I played the demo of in a shop and had the "same old crappy Fifa gameplay".
If you lot think this is realistic then you seriously need to watch more football...

Bye rob.

JB, I didnt say I would buy the game, I set I would get hold of it! :lol:

I want to build up a collection of pc games to play seen as i'm gonna be spending £600 - £700 on a bloody good computer!

Holy shit, in PES6 every shot goes over the bar

No they don't. Only when you shoot in the wrong circunstances: Back turned to goal, with the wrong foot, If you're Messi being pressured by a big guy like Ferdinand, etc.

Some of my friends complain about the same thing, and I ask them:
- "Do you see me miss so many shots as you do?"
- "No..."
- "Exactly."

I have watched Xbox360 and PS3 gameplay videos of Fifa 08 and it is almost the same as UCL 06-07 which I played the demo of in a shop and had the "same old crappy Fifa gameplay".
If you lot think this is realistic then you seriously need to watch more football...
Except it doesn't, I know some people don't like the game but don't say it has the "same old crappy FIFA gameplay" when the game was written from the ground up and is completely different to any of the past games.

Bye rob.

JB, I didnt say I would buy the game, I set I would get hold of it! :lol:

I want to build up a collection of pc games to play seen as i'm gonna be spending £600 - £700 on a bloody good computer!
So you think it is realistic then?

No they don't. Only when you shoot in the wrong circunstances: Back turned to goal, with the wrong foot, If you're Messi being pressured by a big guy like Ferdinand, etc.

Some of my friends complain about the same thing, and I ask them:
- "Do you see me miss so many shots as you do?"
- "No..."
- "Exactly."
PES6 is a better game than Fifa 07 but it has loads of faults, shooting being the main one. You can hide it all you like by saying there is ways to counter the bugs but you cannot totally stop them.

Except it doesn't, I know some people don't like the game but don't say it has the "same old crappy FIFA gameplay" when the game was written from the ground up and is completely different to any of the past games.
Doesn't look like it to me... Or they just built it the exact same. The shooting, passing, dribbling all looks as crap as in Fifa 07.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob, Im not even going to entertain you.

PES6 is a piece of shit. the new J League is not much better, but I play it every day.

PES was good when I was in high school. It's got shitter as I've gotten older.

I know PES6 is shit, but Fifa 07 is even worse with all its bugs (even more than PES).

Do you think Fifa is realistic?

I didn't think so... No goal I have ever seen in Fifa has looked realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

It is the same as FIFA 07 (on the Xbox 360), but that's not old or crappy is it?

FIFA on next-gen platforms is the most realistic football game available in my opinion, but last year it was not the most fun and that's what matters.

The only realistic thing about Fifa seems to be teammates AI.
Shooting, passing, crossing and heading all seem very wrong and cocked up to me.
NOT a realistic game at all.

Back
Top Bottom