FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

cowden_harley said:
In every screenshot, look at the pixelation of them its obvious that they are electronic look.........

FIFA360_11[210906].jpg

You're f*ckin right!! :shock: look at the one with fifa07.ea.com...

With the exception of the fonts on the kits (which EA ALWAYS seems to get wrong and I still dont know why..) I think its awesome! if they gameplay can improve upon the current gen Demo ive been playing then this might just turn out to be a 'Essential' Purchase alongside PES6 (im going to get it because apparently it plays just like WE10 which I love) Rather than me choosing one or the other it looks like ill get BOTH big footie titles this year...

DJ

play the Demo mate. play it to death like I have, I havent had a game where I have said/thought "this is typical FIFA, it doesnt play right" Everything on the game feels good IMHO. yes its not an 9/10 game like OPS2M said but its not too far away from that.

Also I take back all the comments I said earlier when I said "Who Cares, it will be a slight change from WC 06" because this isnt the case.

DJ

cowden_harley said:
Looks better each time i see it and there is a link to a review in the PES6 discussion thread that says it just plays as good as pes6

I can tell youve been duped because it looks shiny and new, but actually take a look at the graphics and it tells a different story, the players are horrible, they have deformed faces and bodies, the boots are all one shape and look crap. The kits are as bad as they ever were, so poorly detailed and shaped (due to the player shapes), its a waste of a license. And its gonna be bullshit if people say it plays as well as a PES game, because we all know what its like with FIFA games, the first time you play them (and I've done this many a time), as a rental or a demo, you're impressed and you think, wow this is quite good, much better than before, and then you play it a few more times, and you soon realise, it isnt different, its shit. And I fucking hate that bloody shinyness on the edge of everything!

and another thing, you can tell they still use the same animations, What the hell did they motion capture? A fucking monkey!? No human runs like that

matherto said:
And its gonna be bullshit if people say it plays as well as a PES game, because we all know what its like with FIFA games, the first time you play them (and I've done this many a time), as a rental or a demo, you're impressed and you think, wow this is quite good, much better than before, and then you play it a few more times, and you soon realise, it isnt different, its shit.
I've done that exact thing every single year - I see Tranmere (the team I support) and think that I love the game, but then after a week of every single team playing exactly the same as the last, I can't believe I ever said anything complimentary about the game.

But with this demo, I've played it every day for two weeks, with mates and without, and I've not got bored of it yet. This is being forced to play as Man United as well (which understandably you wouldn't mind but as I'd rather see Liverpool win the Prem than Man U it's not exactly my team of choice). Even with all that, I'm still playing it each day.

The gameplay as a whole is the same balance as Pro Evo, whether you believe it or not. There's faults, but there's faults in Pro Evo. FIFA can't get dribbling right, plus the hardest difficulty level still seems piss easy - but then Pro Evo's passes are absolute (and I mean absolute) SHIT compared to the passing in FIFA, and the shooting in FIFA is a joy, you know how to put the shot exactly where you want it rather than the CPU doing EVERYTHING for you.

With the gameplay being very similar, and with competitions other than the fucking Master League to enter, I'll be more than happy with FIFA this year.

cowden_harley said:
Looks better each time i see it and there is a link to a review in the PES6 discussion thread that says it just plays as good as pes6

I looked for the link but couldn't find it, could you point me in th eright direction. Cheers

Think I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon here!

Really like the FIFA 07 demo, I can play football the way I want instead of the on-rails stuff in PES.

I can't wait to play the 360 version, they've added all new physics over the current-gen version!

Yep 2 players can play on the same team... I like this too the more I play the Demo the better.

DJ

from seeing all the sscreens from both games, and playing tthe pc demo of fifa 07. I can say that for the first time ever i am looking forward to fifa 07 on xbox 360 more than pes by miles.

I have been disappointed to say the keast with the graphics quality of thye xbox 360 so far, and with the exception of one or two games, most look like they could be done easily oon an xbox, and certainly no better thanh my pc can do.

Fifa 07 looks amazing, truley next gen at last. WC06 looked ok, but really was more hi definition than next gen. I hope EA can do some good work.

I am disppointed in the lost leagues and teams on the xbox 360 version but have anyone seen part of the rersaon? On the fifa07 webby it has a blog from a devolper of the game in which he says that the games physics system is huge and brand new, and therefore cant be added on the current gen systems. I realy want to see the effect this has on the game, and if it plays better then maybe i will forgive EA for not including those leagues this time.

Pes om the other hand looks bland, nothing i have seen appeals to me over pes5 on pc or xbox. the first screens ever withj adriano going for that header looked awesome, since then its been a downward slope graphically. And back to most of the other xbox 360 games looks nothing more than a hi def xbox game.

For the first time i wont be buying pes until i read some of the reviews from guys on here, cause unless its a big change up to the next gen gaming then i wont bother

FIFA is looking better and better all the time. I haven't touched WE10 since I got the FIFA demo because the same old gameplay and CPU cheating by Konami wears you down. It doesn't matter how you try to shoot or pass in WE10, you get the feeling the CPU adjusts it so that either it can win the ball from you or force you into playing a certain way. FIFA 07 feels a lot more free in terms of being able to build up attacks exactly how you want to and it feels like you have to be smart rather than lucky to create a good offensive build up. Not having Konami's stupid "hey, I'm the slowest defender in the world but I can catch up with your fast forward 20 yards in the space of 3 seconds" feature is a total breath of fresh air. You know if you get a breakaway in FIFA 07 it's an advantage like the real game not just another oppotunity for you to be shout WTF?

Bring on FIFA 07, I might not even bother with PES6 this year at all because I know it's essentially going to be the same as WE10 (Jap) and that's little fun past the first few weeks. The ML is a joke as always.

I agree Wolf m8.

The very essence of good football games (and the game itself) is that you are free to play how you want. Fifa has this, its not perfect, but I'm enjoying it more than WE9LEK atm. I will definately buy it, current gen, and next gen once I get the 360.

It terms of freedom, PES has got worse every series. They spout bollox about how they've improved the defensive AI, but that just means they hack you down, press you for 90mins and catch the strikers up, even if its Obafemi Martins on steroids (Red arrow) with the ball.

TheWolf said:
FIFA is looking better and better all the time. I haven't touched WE10 since I got the FIFA demo because the same old gameplay and CPU cheating by Konami wears you down. It doesn't matter how you try to shoot or pass in WE10, you get the feeling the CPU adjusts it so that either it can win the ball from you or force you into playing a certain way. FIFA 07 feels a lot more free in terms of being able to build up attacks exactly how you want to and it feels like you have to be smart rather than lucky to create a good offensive build up. Not having Konami's stupid "hey, I'm the slowest defender in the world but I can catch up with your fast forward 20 yards in the space of 3 seconds" feature is a total breath of fresh air. You know if you get a breakaway in FIFA 07 it's an advantage like the real game not just another oppotunity for you to be shout WTF?

Bring on FIFA 07, I might not even bother with PES6 this year at all because I know it's essentially going to be the same as WE10 (Jap) and that's little fun past the first few weeks. The ML is a joke as always.

Peter Eyres said:
I agree Wolf m8.

The very essence of good football games (and the game itself) is that you are free to play how you want. Fifa has this, its not perfect, but I'm enjoying it more than WE9LEK atm. I will definately buy it, current gen, and next gen once I get the 360.

It terms of freedom, PES has got worse every series. They spout bollox about how they've improved the defensive AI, but that just means they hack you down, press you for 90mins and catch the strikers up, even if its Obafemi Martins on steroids (Red arrow) with the ball.

I feel just the same on all points I think some people want PES an WE to be crazily hard and unreal at times just because they have mastered it inside out and lets face it there is no depth to keep you going back and say starting in the bottom league again... The modern game is all about pace and movement not ping pong as you end up playing in WE.... fast strikers are allowed to run away from slow defenders ball or no ball, I'm sick of catch up in Konami, as well as the damn hacking and nudging... I love WE and PES but feel it's getting worse for this every instalment. Yet to play the demo but by the noises I'm hearing I'll be buying it and a 360 by the sounds of things for the "better" next gen version.;)

Last edited:

I'll be buying fifa 07 on ps2 for the single player carrer mode and pes6 for multiplayer. WE10 is SHITE in single player. SHITE.

Just found a bit of a bug on the PC demo... The linesman can't be feeling too well (who said the graphics on FIFA are better)...

Jack Bauer said:
Just found a bit of a bug on the PC demo... The linesman can't be feeling too well (who said the graphics on FIFA are better)...

that's why they call it a demo :lol: :lol:

can't w8 for the 360 one !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blackjim said:
that's why they call it a demo :lol: :lol:

can't w8 for the 360 one !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Haha, yeah, on the 360 one the linesmen will have super-realistic blotches with glistening seeping pus dribbling out :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom