Everybody's Golf World Tour (PS3)

For anyone who starts a match against the CPU and then wants to quit for whatever reason (in my case, to quit and restart because I'm doing so CRAP)...

You have to do the old old trick - hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 + SELECT + START. All together at once. It'll then chuck you back to the main menu.

As I type I'm missing the Masters, trying to do one of the last Gold events (I've unlocked Platinum but I want to finish every event). You have to use an Expert player, and you have to play at The Crown Links.

Earlier today my DualShock3 arrived from Japan. I love this pad very much. However, I am this close to throwing it out of the window.

Even on the first hole of this event (hole 10), you hit the fairway, and the ball always rolls off into the rough and then the sand. And the LAST HOLE... If you can get the ball to stick to that green and not roll off the edge, well, you're Tiger pissing Woods.

Wow. This afternoon I had the opportunity to sneak the PS3 onto the "big screen" while nobody was in the house (Toshiba WLT 68 42", usually I'm playing on a Samsung Somethingorother 28").

I knew the Samsung had a slight lag because Guitar Hero/Rock Band needs lag-calibrating every time a new one comes out. But I didn't realise how bad it was. Playing on the Tosh was a NIGHTMARE at first, I was hitting the button two inches to the left of the centre line every time.

Well I took a while to adjust, but when I did I finished a few Platinum events and then, after a break of a couple of hours, I had a go at one of the last Platinum events. The first course, Highlands CC. 18 holes.

With the expert guy, the real PGA player (Marayama?), I finished -17. And it would have been -19 if it wasn't for a double-bogey on that bastard 14th hole (where the big tree guards the green from every angle).

-17! How the hell do I go back to playing on the Samsung?

First round back on the Samsung was -3, hahaha. Great excuse to keep the console in the front-room with the nice big telly.

Just completed the game offline, thank God - was starting to grate. Apparently you get something extra for finishing with "complete victory" (i.e. you go 3-up in the matches against the CPU), but I did anyway so I don't know what's new! At last I can concentrate fully on online mode though. :thumbup:

EDIT: There's still a greyed-out option at the bottom of the options menu though?!

Last edited:
jack, how far does each person's loyalty go up?

i'm at level 10 with the first girl, can't remember her name, but should i keep playing with a particular character after level 10?

did you max out each character? or did you just find someone u liked and maxed them out?

I've seen a Level 15 but I thought that was the person playing as opposed to his character (online). I think I'm still 10 - EDIT - Just gone up to 11!

I think Character Loyalty Max is 13 and you just need to max out 1 character on each level (ie. Novice, Intermediate & Pro) really.

Just read my post through and I've seen a lot of 'think' and not a lot of 'fact'. Sorry!

JB, very jealous - still on bronze.

Last edited:
Just beat Kate and now up to Level 12. Bit weird as I was Level 10 for two weeks and then Level 11 for less than an hour.

The level is affected by how often you play on different courses, if you were practicing on one or two courses over and over you'll be stuck on that level for a while. So I would imagine you've started playing on a few more courses...?

I've played a lot of Crown Links. Love that course.

When we play it online I think we'll need to put the timer on slow - we'll all be timed out by Hole 2 otherwise.

Let's see if we make it that far first, so far the attendance has halved each week. :lol:

On the screen that tells you about autosaving...

Why did they decide on taking the photo during a tropical storm?

-
Just had a play of the first course to see how well i could have played if i wasn't munching a kebab... and i ended up taking my time and planning ahead and as a result i ended on -9

I also found a nice shortcut on 1 hole that gave me a really easy eagle putt - Ill upload a vid if anyone cares

What's the difference between GF and G3? Is GF like a "friendly" and G3 a ranking event? And is there any way to see which events have prizes?

Just entered my first G3 tournament... And won. Unbelievable. It said there was a prize as well so I was desperate to see what it was. After 4 holes I was 10th from bottom, after 9 holes I was 10th from top, with one hole to go I was 2nd and on the last hole I made a putt that I NEVER thought I would actually make for birdie. Slap bang in the middle of the hole as well. The other guy got a par, so with a score of -11 (on the second course), I won. :D

My record reads: Tournaments 1, Wins 1, Podium Finishes 20% (how can I have had 20% podium finishes if I've only entered one official tournament and got one win?)

I was so excited to see what my prize was, I couldn't wait...

And it was a GRANNY FACE.

BOOOOOOOOO!!

Grade 3 vs Grade Free. GF basically means there is no super mega prize at the end.

A podium finish means being in the top 20%, not that you score 20%. So if you are in a tournament of 50 people, if you finish in the top 10 that counts as 'podium'.

Ah right - well I was in another G3 event shortly afterwards but there was no prize. Only five people were in it, is that why?

(Lost as well, just wasn't happening for me - only finished on -2)

Ah right - well I was in another G3 event shortly afterwards but there was no prize. Only five people were in it, is that why?

(Lost as well, just wasn't happening for me - only finished on -2)

You need at least ten for it to be a ranking event.

Played in a random room last night (as I can never find you guys :()... and it was listed as an "Unnoficial Tournament" at the bottom (though was just from the room list with 8 players max etc).

The scoring was really fucked up - like a Handicap system. I *think* we all started on -4 and after the first hole (which I parred), I was -1!

It seemed to work out though as the end was really close, with the highly ranked/skilled players at the top of the board and the Level 1/2s at the bottom, but I think the winner had -7 (i had -6) and the lowest player had -3, so it made for a tense match overall.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

I haven't played it online. Depending on your level and the difficulty of the hole you may get 1 or 2 'free shots' so a par on a really tough hole might actually be an eagle with your handicap taken into account.

Crikey, ten challenge levels? I've only just done 5!! Plenty to keep me glued to the game though. How long did it take you to complete all the levels JB?

Played every night from release until the night I finished, so that's... Two and a half weeks.

I finished the Tiger Challenge mode in Tiger 08 in just over a week, and after that you could hit balls almost 400yds and there were scores of -24 after one round... So I can safely say this is the better golf game, IMO.

In-fact I'd even go as far as saying it's the best golf game I've ever played. Links 2004 on the original Xbox was brilliant, I miss that, but the online modes etc. put this over the edge for me. Yes you can do "burning" backspin etc. and the graphics look like something out of Pokémon but the feeling of hitting a good approach shot and nailing a 20ft putt is immense. I absolutely love it.

Onto the Platinum level - just beat Dino up over 5 holes. None of the pro's really take my fancy still - only 1 left to beat.

Aside from power, they all seem to have only great spin - which is really the stat I worry least about. You may need it to stop your ball on Crown Links but it's not necessary anywhere else if you can get your length right. The Japanese guy looks the best bet at the moment.

shortcut on the africa stage hole 15

aim right towards the cliff and you will see an area where if the ball lands it will roll down and end in the rough very close to the green - in 1 shot

Back
Top Bottom