Euro 2012 PRE-tournament talk. Squads, injuries, who'll make it and who won't, etc.

Re: Euro 2012 PRE-tournament talk. Squads, injuries, who'll make it and who won't, et

Can't believe he's cut Draxler. Everytime I watched Schalke this year he was very good.

Re: Euro 2012 PRE-tournament talk. Squads, injuries, who'll make it and who won't, et

inconsistent...

he's still very young, one for the future ;)

Glad to see Cacau cut.

Sven Bender and Drexler still have time and can make World Cup squad.

Draxler is definitely one for the future and getting better and better. Still very young!

Team_Greece_(Football)_300.jpg

The final (23 players) squad:

Goalkeepers:
Chalkias(PAOK), Sifakis(Aris), Tzorvas(Palermo)

Defenders:
Torosidis(Olympiakos), Avraam Papadopoulos(Olympiakos), Kyriakos Papadopoulos(Schalke), Malezas(PAOK), Holebas(Olympiakos), Tzavelas(Monaco), Papastathopoulos(Werder Bremen).

Midfielders:
Makos(AEK), Maniatis(Olympiakos), Katsouranis(Panathinaikos), Karagounis(Panathinaikos), Fotakis(PAOK), Fortounis(Kaiserslautern), Ninis(Panathinaikos), Fetfatzidis(Olympiakos)

Attackers:
Samaras(Celtic), Salpingidis(PAOK), Gekas(Samsunspor), Lyberopoulos(AEK), Mitroglou(Atromitos).

Out: Kone(Bologna), Tziolis(Monaco)

Yoann Gourcuff (Lyon) and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa (Montpellier) out from les Bleus (Loïc Remy too few days ago on injury)

The 23 Bleus

Goalkeepers :
Carrasso
Lloris
Mandanda

Defenders :
Clichy
Debuchy
Evra
Koscielny
Mexès
Rami
Réveillère

Midfields :
Cabaye
A. Diarra
Malouda
Martin
Matuidi
M'vila
Nasri

Strikers :
Ben Arfa
Benzema
Giroud
Ménez
Ribéry
Valbuena

guys i chainge some names of the threads to start with country name if you don´t mind ;)

thanks for contribution :)

So, who can tell me something about England's 4th division GK?

Don't know how Florent Malouda has made the team but that France squad looks good anyway and with Laurent Blanc and new great players like Debuchy, Giroud I think they will do much better this year and are an outside contender.

So, who can tell me something about England's 4th division GK?

jack butland, hes a bristol lad from 2nd division mate, was on loan at cheltenham to get experience and shit but his proper team is birmingham or ipswich i think.. the next 10 years england gk will be between him and joe hart.

and gareth barry has been eliminated from the squad:BEER:

M'Vila just got injured against Serbia so i think he'll be missing the Eurocup :(

Shame, haven't seen a lot of him so I wanted too see what he's really like during the Euro's.:(

Poor guy! :(

what a shame! :(( i really hope he will still make it

Shame or no shame, but I do not think this guy is guilty, that he received from another player a such injury. Anyway, I do not like to watch as for a one second crumbling dreams, I am very, very sorry for him. :((

"He has a big sprain on his ankle, but it's not too worrying," Blanc said. "We're hopeful he'll be ready for the first game."

Looking good! I guess he doesn't have to replace him.

jack butland, hes a bristol lad from 2nd division mate, was on loan at cheltenham to get experience and shit but his proper team is birmingham or ipswich i think.. the next 10 years england gk will be between him and joe hart.

Ok, thanks for the info, but isn't second division indeed league number four in England behind the Premier League, the Championship and League One?

Nevertheless I find it interesting the motherland of football doesn't have more then just a handful of goal GKs, while other countries, such as Germany or Spain are full of them.

lads get on fernando torres for top scorer,he is 18/1 with most of the bookies,ive also got 50/1 odds on a france win with torres top scorer

poor M'Vila :(

Think I see why Belgium didn't make it.

Lots of individual quality on paper but no team ethic and absolutely no cutting edge.

Both need a good striker otherwise they're relying on their star man (Ronaldo/Hazard) to produce something amazing.

such a technical lob shot by Welbeck :BOP:

Think I see why Belgium didn't make it.

Lots of individual quality on paper but no team ethic and absolutely no cutting edge.

Both need a good striker otherwise they're relying on their star man (Ronaldo/Hazard) to produce something amazing.

Yeah you're right. They are a young team though and perhaps lack a few leader figures on the pitch.

Even so, I'd still much rather watch Belgium rather than England. They are an exciting team and it's a shame they didn't make the Euros. Hopefully they'll be in Brazil in two years time. They are long overdue a major tournament appearance.

As for England.....same old, same old really. Whoever we play seem to look more comfortable on the ball. Sure, we look solid enough against Norway and Belgium, but we will get exposed against bigger teams. We're just a very limited, dull team and I expect very little in the Euros.

In fact, I think we are going to get our pants pulled down.

Concerning England squad, I think none of Liverpool players deserves to be in the list, or at least let's say, there are many players who did better than them this season ..

and for Spain,
Albiol, Torres & Pedro shouldn't be in ..
Dominguez, Soldado & Adrian should go instead of them ..

ireland are now 14 games unbeaten and have kept a clean sheet in 11 of those games,hopefully we do a greece 2004 and surprise the big boys in the tournament

wow 0-0 vs hungary XD

wow 0-0 vs hungary XD
Wow? It is good result. because it's just friendly matches and a real football teams will only show there, in Poland and Ukraine. Besides, I am surprised by your mockery, since Hungary is not "the boys to shave", it's pretty strong team that can give battle to any team in Europe. This team was rather cute for me, and I hope it will soon they will be able to break into the Euro or World Cup (they could have done it already last year).

Anyway, Ireland has show a good football against a decent opponent, sorry for that and could not win. Good luck to Ireland in the Euro, after they played with us in the same qualifying group, I really liked this team, and therefore, along with Russia and Ukraine, it will be my favorite of the Euro. Good Luck Green-Oranges! :P

P.S goalgerd, you will create a Ireland's thread for the Euro? ;)

Wow? It is good result. because it's just friendly matches and a real football teams will only show there, in Poland and Ukraine. Besides, I am surprised by your mockery, since Hungary is not "the boys to shave", it's pretty strong team that can give battle to any team in Europe. This team was rather cute for me, and I hope it will soon they will be able to break into the Euro or World Cup (they could have done it already last year).

the problem is we dont play on every match like this or like against the Netherlands or against Sweeden or against Czech Republic
:SMUG:

and still this time we should have score at least 3 goals

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom