Euro 2012 PRE-tournament talk. Squads, injuries, who'll make it and who won't, etc.

Re: Euro 2012 PRE-tournament talk. Squads, injuries, who'll make it and who won't, et

News from Russian NT

Vasili Berezutskiy and Roman Shishkin due to health complications will not be able to go to the Euro. Thus, before tomorrow's friendly match with Uruguay in the Russian national team is 24 players. ;)

Re: Euro 2012 PRE-tournament talk. Squads, injuries, who'll make it and who won't, et

Nice. Keep us updated.

I`m very bothered by the fact most England player`s families can`t support their kin due to racist parasites in Ukraine. Homosexuals are safe to walk the streets ,but a person of colour can`t ! I think judgement of the ppl there is in order to realize the truth we are all one.

I`m very bothered by the fact most England player`s families can`t support their kin due to racist parasites in Ukraine. Homosexuals are safe to walk the streets ,but a person of colour can`t ! I think judgement of the ppl there is in order to realize the truth we are all one.
Yes, it's really a huge problem in Ukraine, I hope the authorities will have time to do something with it, but even then still have to be afraid, for example in Lviv Nazism is completely normal. :ROLL:

The only thing police could do is warn the ppl and let them know they are on their own. We will punish thoses who killed afterwards. That is not prevention...they're just as guilty . I hope that racist country lose in everything they do for being racist n allowing it to happen. I dont even know why Im so bothered by it lol must be RVP Juve link .

must be RVP Juve link .

:LOL:

Have to say I like Prandelli's attacking options so far:

Giovinco, Balotelli, Di Natale, Cassano, Destro and Borini. Very versatile forwards - we no longer rely on a complete striker, but now focus on quick players that are good with their feet. The team generally feels more efficient.... would love to see Marchisio-Pirlo-Nocerino in the midfield, or De Rossi/Montolivo somewhere.

I love Prandelli :D

:LOL:
would love to see Marchisio-Pirlo-Nocerino in the midfield, or De Rossi/Montolivo somewhere.

yeah i'd also like to see montolivo somewhere..... somewhere outside the pitch, that is (the bench, the team hotel, his home, really just anywhere but on the pitch :P ). i just can't figure out why he's in the squad. i mean what's he done this season to deserve this call up? and what worries me is that i'm afraid prandelli will actually shape our entire formation, just to fit that little wuss in the team.
i'm a huge fan of prandelli myself, but i just can't understand montolivo's pick.

oh and yeah, i would also love to see a marchisio-pirlo-nocerino midfield.

Last edited:

You have to remember that Prandelli coached Montolivo for 3 seasons - so he surely sees something in him!

News from Russian NT

Magomed Ozdoev and Artem Dzyuba is out.

It also became known that in the national team was invited the young defender of CSKA Moscow Kirill Nababkin.

FINAL Squad of Russia NT

142px-Russian_Football_Union_Logo.svg.png

Goalkeepers: Igor Akinfeev (CSKA Moskow), Vyacheslav Malafeev (Zenit SPb), Anton Shunin (Dynamo Moskow)

Defenders: Aleksandr Anyukov (Zenit SPb), Aleksei Berezutskiy (CSKA Moskow), Sergei Ignashevich (CSKA Moskow), Vladimir Granat (Dynamo Moskow), Yuri Zhirkov (FC Anzhi), Dmitri Kombarov (Spartak Moskow), Roman Sharonov (Rubin Kazan), Kirill Nababkin (CSKA Moskow)

Midfields: Igor Denisov (Zenit SPb), Konstantin Zyryanov (Zenit SPb), Roman Shirokov (Zenit SPb), Denis Glushakov (Lokomotiv Moskow), Igor Semshov (Dynamo Moskow)

Strikers: Andrei Arshavin (Zenit SPb), Aleksandr Kerzhakov (Zenit SPb), Alan Dzagoev (CSKA Moskow), Marat Izmailov (Sporting CP), Aleksandr Kokorin (Dynamo Moskow), Roman Pavlyuchenko (Lokomotiv Moskow), Pavel Pogrebnyak (Fulham)

;)

I dont understand the dutch squad? Where is Dost(
Appearances 34 Goal 32 ) ?

I dont understand the dutch squad? Where is Dost(
Appearances 34 Goal 32 ) ?
He has no chance to play because of van Persie and Huntelaar.

Last edited:

Yes, Van Wolfswinkel wasn't called up either. Luuk De Jong has more experience than Dost has.

but the other youngster from Heerenveen is there and he scored 8 goals only in the whole season, i dont get it

Narsingh?? He's a winger, not a CF, and, besides his 8 goals, assisted 22 for his teammates.

Yeah, Narsingh is a winger an a really good one too. Without him and an other winger at Heerenveen (Morrocco's Oussama Assaidi) Dost might have scored 10 goals tbh.

Yeah, Narsingh is a winger an a really good one too. Without him and an other winger at Heerenveen (Morrocco's Oussama Assaidi) Dost might have scored 10 goals tbh.

That one is another pearl. Benfica have been linked with him for a while. Tbh, we've been linked with a lot of Eredivisie players. Aissadi, Oar, Lodeiro, de Jong and Wijnaldum by the top of my head.

That one is another pearl. Benfica have been linked with him for a while. Tbh, we've been linked with a lot of Eredivisie players. Aissadi, Oar, Lodeiro, de Jong and Wijnaldum by the top of my head.

I've read about Oar rumours and I don't understand why you want him, he hasn't done anythingnotablr during his time at Utrecht. Lodeiro hasn't either, but he is on the bench 9/10.

Here's Spain's final 23-men squad.

150px-Spain_National_Football_Team_badge.png

Goalkeepers
Casillas
Reina
Valdes

Defenders
Sergio Ramos
Pique
Raul Albiol
Javi Martinez
Arbeloa
Jordi Alba
Juanfran

Midfielders
Xabi Alonso
Busquets
Xavi
David Silva
Iniesta
Fabregas
Jesus Navas
Juan Mata
Cazorla

Attackers
Fernando Llorente
Fernando Torres
Pedro
Negredo

Soldado, Adrian, Muniain, Iraola all left out as seen above. A bit surprised tbh. And I'm wondering about how Albiol got selected again, I'd easily pick Dominguez over him as a decent backup for CB.

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, who will replace Puyol and Villa as starters? (I heard Llorente got a place, but I prefer to ask you to have a confirmation)

Out of curiosity, who will replace Puyol and Villa as starters? (I heard Llorente got a place, but I prefer to ask you to have a confirmation)

Maybe Llorente will play as starter and Ramos as CB replacing Puyol

Soldado, Adrian, Muniain, Iraola all left out as seen above. A bit surprised tbh. And I'm wondering about how Albiol got selected again, I'd easily pick Dominguez over him as a decent backup for CB.
I agree with you, even Botia is more decent than Albiol, and Soldado and Adrian also didn't make the cut is quite strange...Torres and Pedro had awful season with lot ups and downs but still made the cut...Nice job Del Bosque :APPLAUD:

Torres have absolutly no reason to make the squad...such a shame... I can understand Adrian cut...but Soldado cut is just stupid. Now I can only hope that spain fail at this year Euros

Maybe Llorente will play as starter and Ramos as CB replacing Puyol
Ramos as CB seems the most reasonable choice. Then Arbeloa as RB, right?

yes, and maybe Juanfran against the likes of Ireland and Croatia I could guess.

Wow!!! That's f'n crazy!

So Soldado scored all those goals and got hat trick on last Spain appearance to NOT make the cut for Torres?! :SHOCK:

I love Pedrito but he doesn't deserve to be there either.

I really respect Del Bosque but I gotta say I'm disappointed with his selection.

Not having Villa and Puyol because of injuries will be a BIG blow to Spain! You just watch!

Hm.. Soldado had a bad last few weeks of the season, as well as he was really really unimpressive in the last match on Saturday (he scored 3 vs Venezuela in February, I think). As for Pedro, he had a great form towards the end of the season, and imo deserves to be there (he has proven so often how well he can perform in BIG matches, while others like Adrian or Muniain don't have that much experience);

About Villa I think they had enough time to adpat to his absence and should be prepared, but it will be crucial to find someone to find the net for them... (this gives chances for Navas and Pedro for starting spots as they are more direct than Iniesta, Silva etc.)

Puyol imo had a bad season and I was hoping del Bosque would drop him from the starting 11 even before the injury.. I think Pique/Ramos is as good as it gets, concerning a centre half combinations. (behind them there isn't so much though)

A few bad weeks for Soldado after 2 great seasons and consistent scoring vs. a few good weeks for Torres after 2 bad seasons and consistent failing.

I guess the last few weeks are really important because some of these players only shone then and even then briefly.

I love Pedro but again, he had a poor season.

Puyol didn't have a poor year, I can't agree, even at this age, he was one of Barca's most reliable performers and they mostly lost when he wasn't playing (there's an incredible stat that shows just how important the captain Carles is)

As for Villa, he's irreplacable. I hope Llorente starts now and he'll do a very good job but Villa is one of if not the biggest reason Spain are not only World Champions but European Champions. He's the one whose goals made them champions and turned them from perennial underachievers to world-beaters. His coolness, composure, level of skill, nobody has. Him and Puyol will be missed BIG time. It's a good thing Spain has so much depth, otherwise they'd miss them even more.

Okay, Germany's team is nominated now. All 27 from this picture excluding Cacau, Julian Draxler, Sven Bender and Marc-Andre ter Stegen will participate in the tournament for Germany.

Back
Top Bottom