ESPN Thread

Difference between Sky Sports HD and ESPN HD is night and day.

The 5.1 sound mix went awol a couple of times and some camera angles clearly weren't HD, room for improvement.

Difference between Sky Sports HD and ESPN HD is night and day.

The 5.1 sound mix went awol a couple of times and some camera angles clearly weren't HD, room for improvement.
im pretty sure there getting the hd feed from sky, i dont think espn has invested in camera trucks etc... i could be wrong

Everything has happened so fast for them, all the necessary equipment isn't in place yet.

Everything has happened so fast for them, all the necessary equipment isn't in place yet.

and i dont think they would have done this deal if they had to buy new equipment... i think they are using existing feeds and commentators and sub leasing them

Yes but they still need their own because they said they'll broadcast the Bundesliga, MLB etc in HD. Their getting HD feeds for most of the MLB games.

Don't mind me, I'm just nitpicking.

All depends on if their broadcast in HD in Holland etc.

Yes but they still need their own because they said they'll broadcast the Bundesliga, MLB etc in HD. Their getting HD feeds for most of the MLB games.

Don't mind me, I'm just nitpicking.
again there getting the bundesliga feed from a german company, MLB they just beam over to you guys from there existing HD trucks here in the states... im pretty sure you will get MLS.. LA vs Chicago this wed at i think 8 pm eastern standard, so set your recorders...

Don't worry, everyone, I contacted them about the massive "ESPNHD LIVE" logo in the top right hand corner. I'm sure it'll be smaller next time...

Yes I am that sad/committed to broadcasting excellence.

Otherwise if they ever register on here I'll give them an amusing title. Take that ESPN!

Nice.

For what its worth I thought the HD PQ for the SPL game last night was an improvement over the Arsenal romp on Saturday.

There's highlights of two Russian Premier League matches tonight if anyone fancies that.

I've been watching the Bundesliga highlights (1hr 15mins) show and it's quite good, no analysis and the commentary is quite irritating but it's full highlights of each match and a run down of the table and next round of fixtures at the end.

Gomito - that's right we have got some MLS this week. They are focusing on LA Galaxy for the majority of matches but I think there's another match on too this week.

The Bundesliga magazine love their HT crowd shots, the commentator sounds like he has a permanent smile on his face.

It's the same show Setanta had, which is good. The commentators are awesome. A beguiling mix of perfect German and not quite 100% English but with an intense desire to wheel out the English clichés. You're just not listening right. ;)

Nah they're rubbish Mart. The ones on the Portuguese highlights are slightly better.

And woop! There's gonna be a Serie A highlights show too and 2 live matches this weekend! :D :BOP: Milan on Saturday and Inter on Sunday.

And I cannot wait for next weekend..

Satuday 29th August
12:00 - Chelsea v Burnley
17:30 - Bayern v Wolfsburg
19:45 - AC Milan v Inter

and then Roma v Juventus on Sunday :D

The highlights are on later, I'll record it.

Watched the last 20 mins or so off and on, all I heard was the Fire fans singing the same song over and over the whole time :LOL:

I've noticed that on Sunday ESPN are not showing Wolfsburg vs Hamburg because their showing the Inter vs Bari game live.

There is going to be a lot more clashes like this during the season, I hope they don't get La Liga.

Yeah, maybe they should launch a second channel to prevent this and provide more content? They're going to have to get more leagues anyway with them only having 23 Premier League games for the 3 seasons following this one and I read yesterday they are planning to purchase some La Liga rights.

They also want NFL too although I'd imagine that would only be MNF.

They have the international NBA rights and that starts in October, a second channel is definitely needed.

The game on right now is weird, its in 5.1 but its not in HD, the contrast is off.

Back
Top Bottom