ESPN Thread

The Baseball was in HD this morning, looked sexy too.

It's half time in the Falkirk v Hibs match, they're doing a run down of what football is coming up and in between the two ESPN matches they mentioned Fulham v Chelsea on Sky Sports!! I know they're working with Sky but I've never seen a channel advertise whats on another one?!?

Any of you guys able to confirm something for me. If I order ESPN through the online form, it asks for a viewing card number (understandably), but I have Multiroom, so once the channel gets activated will it be like everything else and on both boxes or will it only be on the box that I used on the form?

It will work on both boxes Dar.

@ Jumbo, that happens all the time the US, I think its a good idea.

Cheers Tobi, strange question I know but it just made me think when it asked for the one card number. :)

Just awaiting activation now. As long as it's in time for the Inter game tomorrow evening I'll be happy. :D

so is it worth getting espn? i used to have setanta and enjoyed all the euro leagues and ufc,are all these covered in the espn package?

Who's Tep? ;)

But yeah I'm enjoying ESPN so far. It seems to have all of the Setanta stuff bar the Irish sports and I haven't seen golf on it either which is really disappointing, I used to watch that (would prefer it to baseball and the like).

Who's Tep? ;)

But yeah I'm enjoying ESPN so far. It seems to have all of the Setanta stuff bar the Irish sports and I haven't seen golf on it either which is really disappointing, I used to watch that (would prefer it to baseball and the like).

ive still setanta ireland so that covers the irish sports,also eurosport 2 are showing the golf, il ring them today cheers lads, oh any news of whether they will be showing la liga anytime soon?

Their HD pictures for the WHU-Spurs game were top notch I thought, so whether they were using Sky pictures or not I'm not sure.

I just love the fact this is multiroom so I can watch it in my room unlike Shitanta.

watching the Liv-Villa game 2nite in SD and the picture is pure shite compared to the Carling cup game on Sky, it's lacking all clarity and detail. I should of sent the missus upstairs and had control of the HD box downstairs.

Last edited:
ESPN2 HD,ESPN HD & Comcast Sports HD rocks I still watch setanta and FSC and Goltv but watching footy on HD is mint! Setanta Sports ,FSC & GolTv is like watching through a fish tank it wreaks in comparison .

ESPN2 HD,ESPN HD & Comcast Sports HD rocks I still watch setanta and FSC and Goltv but watching footy on HD is mint! Setanta Sports ,FSC & GolTv is like watching through a fish tank it wreaks in comparison .

yes the HD we are getting on espn2 is un fucking real, beboq it only gets better, in january fox soccer goes HD, all knockout round champions league will be in HD along with the Serie A

yes the HD we are getting on espn2 is un fucking real, beboq it only gets better, in january fox soccer goes HD, all knockout round champions league will be in HD along with the Serie A

:PRAY: that will be massive :BOP: channel 630 on directv Comcast Sports HD they show CL in HD . I watch a lot of FSC this news made my morning meh we`re getting spoiled , cheers gomito!

Really disappointed with the Serie A highlights show, really hard to watch, not so much highlights more of a montage of each match. Didn't show a goal or chance from the normal camera angle it was flitting through about 4 per incident.

What a let down. :(

For UFC 101 it was quite advert heavy. There were 2/3 ads in between every round of every fight IIRC. Bit annoying but I can live with it if it means being able to watch UFC in HD :)).

I've not got the internet at home now so I'll have to watch it live. Probably head to bed around 9pm or so and get up at 2:30am, grab beers and nachos and settle down :D

I've not got the internet at home now so I'll have to watch it live. Probably head to bed around 9pm or so and get up at 2:30am, grab beers and nachos and settle down :D

you could watch the re runs,id say they will show it 15times more before next weekend,thats starting to annoy me is that the only live sport is on saturday and sunday but weve to pay for re runs the other 5days:Y1

The picture seems to be ok again but the sound is all over the place.

Boy some of their commentary sucks big time, can't remember the game I think it was the Milan derby, boy was it dull, the guys needed 5000 volts up their back ends. Just being there alone should get you pumped up...

ive got the hd set up now and i think the eurosport hd is slightly better,both still look great and il be happy watching all the football this season and then the world cup in hd

Back
Top Bottom