ESPN Thread

Re: Sh*tanta might be going bust soon

UFC and EPSN will announce their UK deal later on in the week

I wonder if this will be like Setanta whereby you only get it on one box for the full price, or whether it'll be like Prem Plus and you get it on all the boxes in your house.

Probably the former unfortunately.

At least they're picking up some good new stuff though, wouldn't mind watching some MLS and Russian games, just to expand my football knowledge a bit.

Doubly good that they're getting HD.

I'll look out for them, who are their best players?

I hope ESPN make use of their international NBA rights, looking at all this content one channel isn't enough.

I'm on Sky+ HD TV with all the Sports channels. Will I get the ESPN channels?

No, you need to subscribe. If you do it via the red button you get a £5 credit on your account.

I'll look out for them, who are their best players?

I hope ESPN make use of their international NBA rights, looking at all this content one channel isn't enough.

Jamie Moreno(all time mls leading goal scorer), christian gomez, chris pontius, santino quaranta, and my favorite defender to watch Dejan Jagovich...

UFC has been confirmed now, FIBA Basketball too, just waiting for NBA and Seria A (unlikely) now...

No, you need to subscribe. If you do it via the red button you get a £5 credit on your account.

How come I do not get no red button upgrade option when on ESPN HD. Get message saying I need to call a number.

Not sure, I pressed the red button on SSN, scrolled over to Sport and selected upgrade to ESPN.

I had access to the test channel within minutes.

Not sure, I pressed the red button on SSN, scrolled over to Sport and selected upgrade to ESPN.

I had access to the test channel within minutes.

okay cool, have to press button on SSN. thanks!

ARGH I NEED ESPN. :(

They have to make it available via freeview surely? The old Setanta channel has been renamed to ESPN but there's no options to sign up to it yet, anywhere...

ARGH I NEED ESPN. :(

They have to make it available via freeview surely? The old Setanta channel has been renamed to ESPN but there's no options to sign up to it yet, anywhere...

Its available via Top Up TV, £10 per month and first month is free.

Apparently they got Seria A for 1/15 of the original quoted price.

Bundesliga starts tonight too.

I think i should change the topic title to ESPN shouldn't i

Live Bundesliga tobi?

I'll be quite happy with that, my mum and dad are going away, and the only TV in the house with ESPN (I assume it's not multiroom) is in the front room, which you simply can't get near to when the parents are in.

Wonder if it'll be shown in HD?

Yeah I wondered that as well, t'would be pretty awesome if it is. Wolfsburg v Stuttgart tonight to kick it off so not long to find out. I can't help thinking they would've specifically mentioned it being in HD as well if it was going to be, though.

Its definitely live, its not flagged as HD though, the Everton - Arsenal game looks like it'll be their first HD game.

Also the channels are available on both the boxes in our house so I'm assuming that its multiroom, the schedule is here.

Yeah, we've got it multiroom at the moment, but I'm sure it's still free at the minute isn't it?

I bet once the Everton/Arsenal programme starts you'll have to pay for it.

Although it's not in HD, the picture is slightly better watching it on the HD channel. There's loads of football! Toronto v Real Madrid friendly tonight, live. Italian Super Cup tomorrow - Inter v Lazio, live. Benfica v AC Milan tomorrow friendly, live. Hoffenheim v Bayern Munich tomorrow evening, live. MLS - New England v LA Galaxy, tomorrow night, live! Then UFC 101 :DANCE:.

Signed up for this today on Freeview - am I going to get all the Italian games etc.? Because according to the schedule on the TV there's no football on today, just some baseball repeats, and yet on the website it says the Italian Super Cup is on at 1pm?

Last edited:
I don't think that Italian game is live is it? It doesn't have the red Live marker next to it anyway.

How did you go about getting it on Freeview, Chris?

Not sure if it's live but I'd still watch it, it's a football game that is on today at 1pm and it's something to watch before the Newcastle game on the BBC at 5:30pm. ;)

I got it on Freeview via Top Up TV, they're doing a deal at the moment. First month free, £9.99 a month from then on (cheaper than Setanta), and if you've still got your Setanta card/cam then you can skip the £20 connection fee. Win win.

It's all connected now, just watching some Bundesliga repeat so I presume I should be alright - but the guide still says it's supposed to be some baseball repeats all day, including right now...

Back
Top Bottom