ENGLAND thread

Re: England Thread - Euro 2012 Squad Announced

This is appalling. I kind of like Scott Parker, but his inability to pass the ball to a teammate is painful in a 442. Welbeck is so isolated he might as well not be on the pitch.

And playing Milner as a 'wide player' is as effective as sticking a cone out there. Ukraine basically only need to defend the left side of the pitch.

These players don't work in a 442. Only Gerrard can pass the ball in the middle, and only Young offers some kind of threat out wide. Need to pull Rooney fully back into midfield, get Milner off and bring on the Ox imo.

Rooney hasnt looked any better so far. Makes you wonder what the thinking is, he is missing match sharpness so wouldnt it have been better the let Carroll bulldose about for 55/60min. and then let Rooney come on and get some sharpness. Thought England played pretty well, although Im putting Ukraine as an equal team and not a 52nd placed team.

The team is also somewhat likeble atm, doesnt seem to be any ego's and everyone is working for each other. Ukraine are there for the taking though, any team that can make England looked assured in possesion needs their pants pulled down.

the super speedy Walcott and Chamberlain will be much more effective against a tired defence

Rooney hasnt looked any better so far. Makes you wonder what the thinking is, he is missing match sharpness so wouldnt it have been better the let Carroll bulldose about for 55/60min. and then let Rooney come on and get some sharpness. Thought England played pretty well, although Im putting Ukraine as an equal team and not a 52nd placed team.

The team is also somewhat likeble atm, doesnt seem to be any ego's and everyone is working for each other. Ukraine are there for the taking though, any team that can make England looked assured in possesion needs their pants pulled down.

Take Rooney off for ox or even Carrol. His been Shit.

England have made Ukraine play like Spain

I think Carroll's performance last match was only impressive relative to the incredibly low expectations he's set with the last season. Other than his goal and a bit of running about he did nothing. His passing stats were the worst in the team, he failed to create or convert a single other chance and stopped running after about 50 minutes. He looked good for the first 15/20 minutes but then offered nothing.

The thought of keeping him on instead of playing Wayne Rooney blows my mind.

Goals are few and far between at this level so scoring the open goal is a good one.

Look at that Rooney chance, only takes one chance and Carroll could of scored that, in fact you would put money on him there. That could of been enough win the game.

Rooney looks rusty as hell

Would like to see Carroll come on and also Walcott and the ox in the second half at some point

With France not doing so well England could still win the group if they have some more ambition.

Agreed, Rooney looks poor/ out of shape. His main issue is that he's so isolated though - all of the attackers are. Ukraine are playing 2 DMFs, so there are 6 players marking Young, Welbeck and Rooney. England need a threat on the right just to create some space.

I'd pull Milner for someone who can attack on the right, but what do I know.

Agreed, Rooney looks poor/ out of shape. His main issue is that he's so isolated though - all of the attackers are. Ukraine are playing 2 DMFs, so there are 6 players marking Young, Welbeck and Rooney. England need a threat on the right just to create some space.

I'd pull Milner for someone who can attack on the right, but what do I know.

lol I've read this just when Wayne scored :D

I think Carroll's performance last match was only impressive relative to the incredibly low expectations he's set with the last season. Other than his goal and a bit of running about he did nothing. His passing stats were the worst in the team, he failed to create or convert a single other chance and stopped running after about 50 minutes. He looked good for the first 15/20 minutes but then offered nothing.

The thought of keeping him on instead of playing Wayne Rooney blows my mind.

But Carroll scored. A CF only needs to score.
Mario Gomez scored 2 goals against Holland and in that match he got the ball less than 25 seconds...

I don't like Caroll, don't like his style, but as long as he scores he does what is expected from him.

Now that Rooney has scored, that is all academic of course.

Oh, Gerrard plays a fantastic tournament, this is a different player than the one that plays for Liverpool.

Gerrard's been excellent considering he's had to do his own and Parker's job.

line ref standing 3 meters from goal line, seeing a clear goal no allowing it...wtf is this?

Atleast we have those refs on the line to make sure this doesnt happen and technology isnt needed.......oops.

The actual attack was offside to begin with aswell, hashtagrubbish

@Jamezinho Surely, take for example us (our reaction), that we immideately came here after seeing that :p

Definitely over the line. But definitely offside in the buildup.

The one consistency seems to appear to be ineptitude.

once the offside was ignored i guess they should allow the goal.. this is something that shouldn´t happend...not at this stage or tournament... but i guess to explain this to England after what happend two years ago is not needed..

Oh no, dear oh dear... can I just say something? Has anybody ever seen those useless knob heads who were introduced by UEFA behind the goal do ANY difference in a match? EVER?
Either just helping the main ref or overruling a decision? What the hell are they doing there anyway? Did UEFA think they would buy the silence of those crying out for goal line technology? Or buy some time with this stupid nonsense?

Platini and UEFA are a freaking comedy show.

Whatever, now there's controversy, there will be more replays, more time on tv, more inches in newspapers and more advertising money coming through to UEFA.

UEFA and FIFA's priorities aren't to make football fair. They're to make it a compelling product.

Wasnt he offside anyway jajaja ! England wins the group Roy! Worst football display ever to win the group

line ref standing 3 meters from goal line, seeing a clear goal no allowing it...wtf is this?

They're pointless.

I seriously don't think they're actually allowed to do anything because I've never seen them ever make a decision of any kind.

Just Platini/Blatter's way of saying we don't need goal line tech.

Can't believe we won this group. France must have really let it go against Sweden.

So, Italy next. I can't remember the last time we played Italy in a major tournament apart from the third place play-off at Italia '90.

Goal stolen form Ukraine, England didnt impress, goal came from that absolutely low class goalkeeper mistake.

Italy - Englang is going to be great, both defend quite well.

Thank fuck that went over the line.

England - Italy should be a barnstormer of a game.................................................. :s

FD

FD

Back
Top Bottom