eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

Hi,

i´m looking for a great Classic Patch with many All-Star Teams. So i can create ML with just Classic Teams.
i find https://evoweb.uk/threads/retrofootball-full-classic-patch.91648/ but its a alpha Version without faces.

Could anyone help?

Thanks
The latest VirtuaRed patch has some classic club teams from spefiic years, DNAI probably has more of what you're looking for, he has extensive all star teams with exclusive custom faces for all but it's a paid patch which you can find if you search him on Patreon

There's also the PES 2006 patch which is a remake of PES 6 for PES 2021, also a paid patch.

Finally if you have PES 2020, there's the Ultra Realistic Legends patch which is free and is in the PES 2020 editing section on this site.

I'm curious what are the stats for number of shots outside the box as opposed to goals outside the box. I think that he's getting at the fact the AI pretty much never shoots from outside the box, which is something I agree with, in my experience.
I was able to find EPL shot numbers from 2009-2014. There were 50074 shots taken over this time and 23206 shots were taken from outside the box during this time (~45%). However, those shots were only converted to goals 15% of the time. So you're curiosity was correct regarding more shots being taken from outside the box. Maybe Konami was on to something ahead of their time knowing that teams would slowly migrate away from shooting from outside the box as the xG is extremely minimal?

Note, the percentage of shots from outside the box looks to be dropping year after year. The number is down in the low 30% range for the most recent seasons. Unfortunately, I can't find total shots by zone to do the exact math.

I was able to find EPL shot numbers from 2009-2014. There were 50074 shots taken over this time and 23206 shots were taken from outside the box during this time (~45%). However, those shots were only converted to goals 15% of the time. So you're curiosity was correct regarding more shots being taken from outside the box.
First of, cheers for looking into that. Genuinely. I think it's really fascinating how the ever increasing importance in statistical analysis has influenced sport. Shots from outside have lost value in the same way the midrange jumpshot has in basketball. In the same way that strikeout has in baseball (cuz everyone is trying to hit the ball 500 feet).

Maybe Konami was on to something ahead of their time knowing that teams would slowly migrate away from shooting from outside the box as the xG is extremely minimal?
Maybe. My opinion has always been that Konami made the AI more passive overall for online reasons.

Note, the percentage of shots from outside the box looks to be dropping year after year. The number is down in the low 30% range for the most recent seasons. Unfortunately, I can't find total shots by zone to do the exact math.
I certainly believe that. So much analysis involved now that so much of attacking football is tailored creating the best statistical chances. I find it fascinating but I do wonder if it will kill some of the unpredictability and ingenuity that brings so much excitement to the game. But that's a different conversation for a different time lol.

certainly believe that. So much analysis involved now that so much of attacking football is tailored creating the best statistical chances. I find it fascinating but I do wonder if it will kill some of the unpredictability and ingenuity that brings so much excitement to the game. But that's a different conversation for a different time lol.
Its been declining for years (dribbling/unpredictably) it's all about patterns etc.
Look at all talent coming from south America/Africa and gets totally "vannilad" when playing in Europe and having to adapt to a boring way of playing

Hey,

I've got a bit of an amateur question here. Trying to get a gaming PC so I can play some PES titles. I remember 7-8 yrs ago I was able to use PS3 controller by using a bluetooth dongle. What controller do you guys use

Hey,

I've got a bit of an amateur question here. Trying to get a gaming PC so I can play some PES titles. I remember 7-8 yrs ago I was able to use PS3 controller by using a bluetooth dongle. What controller do you guys use
Nacon elite controller (Xbox)

Its been declining for years (dribbling/unpredictably) it's all about patterns etc.
Look at all talent coming from south America/Africa and gets totally "vannilad" when playing in Europe and having to adapt to a boring way of playing

Oh absolutely. It does feel like football is treated very much like an equation meant to produce the same answer every time with given input. Almost like a video game.

To bring it back to PES, one of the reasons the lack of long shots in this game stood out to me so much is because in PES 2017 the AI shoots from distance a hell of a lot. That is other PES I play relatively frequently so the difference between the 2 is stark.

Oh absolutely. It does feel like football is treated very much like an equation meant to produce the same answer every time with given input. Almost like a video game.

To bring it back to PES, one of the reasons the lack of long shots in this game stood out to me so much is because in PES 2017 the AI shoots from distance a hell of a lot. That is other PES I play relatively frequently so the difference between the 2 is stark.
oh yes, PES 17 and its dribbling /long shots, so much randomness in that game.

Can anyone kindly recommend a pc/laptop (I’m a pc gaming noob) that would play PES 21 in its full capacity? I’ve been reading quite a bit and it seems the PC mods make the game much better than the console iterations.

17 arguably better than 21…although they are two different kind of games

That’s great. I’ll look into it

I lived in Dublin for a few months. My gf bought a laptop at Harvey Norman for about that price I said.

You need laptop with spec of say 10gb RAM, 2-3gb graphics and about i7 processor. I would just get a refurb, or used one in good condition, as long as has 12 month warranty.

Last edited:
I lived in Dublin for a few months. My gf bought a laptop at Harvey Norman for about that price I said.

You need laptop with spec of say 10gb RAM, 2-3gb graphics and about i7 processor. I would just get a refurb, or used one in good condition, as long as has 12 month warranty.
Brilliant. Thanks for your help bro 😎

Hi,

i´m looking for a great Classic Patch with many All-Star Teams. So i can create ML with just Classic Teams.
i find https://evoweb.uk/threads/retrofootball-full-classic-patch.91648/ but its a alpha Version without faces.

Could anyone help?

Thanks
There is a paid one i think on Patreon, classic 96-97 patch. Paid patches can be an issue but there’s some decent ones with a lot of graft put in (although using already available free assets) but you usually only have to pay a modest fee.

Have to say I’ve hardly been playing my main modded modern pes. All summer I’ve been playing classic World Cup patches. 70,74, 78, 82, 86, 90, 94 and 2002.

Some really decent stuff in there with custom assets like pitches and goal frames, faces, boots and chants. Combine that with Anths retro reshade and you have a winner. Probably the best footy games I’ve played.

Mexico 86, Mexico 70, Germany 74 and Italia 90 are real standouts.

I've been having some really enjoyable games with this gameplay combination. :TU:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/what-game...bos-thread-renewal.88633/page-52#post-4042976

Some really varied and enjoyable games. After not playing PES 2021 for a while, I've rediscovered the game, and experimenting with different gameplay mods (new ones are coming out all the time), there is a huge variety. The above combo has worked really well for me in Superstar and PA1, and there are tons of other combos in the thread linked above. Hundreds of users have posted their preferences there, anyway highly recommended thread!

Hey guys, this question is probably asked a million times: is there ANY way to buy a legit steam key for the game?

Chances for that are very slim. If there's any then the price is crazy, it aint worth honestly where there's alternative like football life. Just use it instead.

Yes you can, football life itself is modded pes 21
But can you install any mod you like? I have quite a few retro teams that I would like to put in the game + followed by facepacks for retro players. I assume that you need the same „base“ to install them..

hello everyone, ive been enjoying a masterleague for the last few day but today, i want to have access to it but it says save data is corrupted can someone help me?

So got a few mods in this game and im loving it (most of the times) and decided to stick with this.
But, to imort a stadium, what do i need, and the games isnt really the same without San Siro for me, so guess im looking to get that in to the game.
Help a noob out

@rockstrongo I believe you need Stadium server in your sider bro..
1723162733511.png
inside the stadium-server, there are folders with stadiums and a stadium map which maps the stadiums to the teams.

1723163365338.png

for example, Arena Corinthians (Neo Química Arena) is inside content/stadium-server/Brazil and is linked in the stadium-map text file

1723163420641.png

Your best bet is to download the Stadium-Servers and install the ones you want in your sider (I've only kept a few because the entire stadium pack is quite large)..

Here is a more detailed guide: https://evoweb.uk/threads/sider-mod...r-6-4-1-sider-7-1-4-no-requests-please.81018/ :TU:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom