eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Im lost because there are a lot of patch ans i can not décide between smokepatch , evoweb , epp pes project , dream patch , bmpes van Simeone help me please
Not sure you posted in the right thread you can't use patches on console that's only pc can use option files though on console

I see. So even the vanilla version of 21 is rigid. The lite version certainly feels rigid.

Thanks, that saved me wasting any money.

I also remember pes 20 ML was just a nightmare too. Like slogging through treacle. I only ever played friendlies on that too.
PES 21 is way better than the 20 in all ways. I didn't liked the 20 like you but the 21 resolved many issues (including the players rigidity on the pitch), it's the same visual graphically but it feels and plays way differently. More dynamic.
Hatrickhero don't like the game for his own reason and found it repetitive, but he see a video which to me seems totally normal, a vanilla gameplay and asked "what's that mod or version of PES 2021"?

It was the last patch, vanilla version. The last patch/vanilla version is better than every gameplay mods you may found : it's bug free and authentic. All vids i saw with gameplay mods looked pretty weird, some looked like PES 6 which i don't really like, some was like a fast forward animations, or a ball physics too light etc.

I was about to answer "Pal, it's just that you don't play PES 21 the way it should. 500 or 1000 hours doesn't matter : if you play it with the wrong approach during all that time... You will often get the same CPU pattern". That's really what i think : i perhaps play well for winning / or not / but not the way the game should be played : with variations so the CPU does the same.

Well my advice is to take any good graphical mods and database you may found, but keep the original last patch if possible. Some are blocked to 6.0 or 5.0 version patch and the rest is done by themselves when the official following patchs correcting the bugs better than them.
Sorry for modders, but i see the mods are PES 21 unfinished with weird controls or players reactions, whatever changes they did, while i see PES 21 full potential and very final version with the 7.00 patch. Gameplay mods are mostly experimental to my eyes, it doesn't reflect the real thing.

Last edited:
PES 21 is way better than the 20 in all ways. I didn't liked the 20 like you but the 21 resolved many issues (including the players rigidity on the pitch), it's the same visual graphically but it feels and plays way differently. More dynamic.
Hatrickhero don't like the game for his own reason and found it repetitive, but he see a video which to me seems totally normal, a vanilla gameplay and asked "what's that mod or version of PES 2021"?

It was the last patch, vanilla version. The last patch/vanilla version is better than every gameplay mods you may found : it's bug free and authentic. All vids i saw with gameplay mods looked pretty weird, some looked like PES 6 which i don't really like, some was like a fast forward animations, or a ball physics too light etc.

I was about to answer "Pal, it's just that you don't play PES 21 the way it should. 500 or 1000 hours doesn't matter : if you play it with the wrong approach during all that time... You will often get the same CPU pattern". That's really what i think : i perhaps play well for winning / or not / but not the way the game should be played : with variations so the CPU does the same.

Well my advice is to take any good graphical mods and database you may found, but keep the original last patch if possible. Some are blocked to 6.0 or 5.0 version patch and the rest is done by themselves when the official following patchs correcting the bugs better than them.
Sorry for modders, but i see the mods are PES 21 unfinished with weird controls or players reactions, whatever changes they did, while i see PES 21 full potential and very final version with the 7.00 patch. Gameplay mods are mostly experimental to my eyes, it doesn't reflect the real thing.
what is vanilla mod ?

what is vanilla mod ?
Just a way to say that lots of mods are based on a old version and not the final patch, like the 6.0. But they added animations (not exhaustive and don't take what i said as the absolute thruth) between 5.0 and 7.0 and changed others stuffs for example.

The game is different from a patch to another, and the final PES patch 7.0 (that i call "vanilla mod") is probably the most accurate. Bug free for sure.
We got a long talk several pages ago about it, and that was our conclusions. That's the better patch regarding gameplay balance you may found : the official/original one.

For example you take the 1.0 or 2.0 official patch : it miss dynamis. There's more in the future ones and it's not at all PES 2020 lookalike anymore... Even if it wasn't from the start. Season update yes, as they didn't changed any gameplay features, stats, graphims, or added stuffs : but the way to play is very different.

I was mehhh with PES 2020 as the game was too lazy/not dynamic, i edited it fully as i was on a team but always disappointed when i launched a game and was "all for that?". On 2021 version as example the 2 new stats where very well introduced and effective to keep or take the ball, i was very satisfied with what they did, patch by patch, with PES 2021. You can better feel a player with high or low Tight Possession or Agression as an example : the impact in game is more important.

More superficial in PES 2020. Dribbling stats mattered much more than Tight control. Now i wouldn't say it's 50/50, the OVR gives less for Tight possession, but it's more effective to keep the ball without running for sure. Agression more important for fault if the player got bad Defensive stats, and effective if he got good Defensive stats.

Last edited:
Just a way to say that lots of mods are based on a old version and not the final patch, like the 6.0. But they added animations (not exhaustive and don't take what i said as the absolute thruth) between 5.0 and 7.0 and changed others stuffs for example.

The game is different from a patch to another, and the final PES patch 7.0 (that i call "vanilla mod") is probably the most accurate. Bug free for sure.
We got a long talk several pages ago about it, and that was our conclusions. That's the better patch regarding gameplay balance you may found : the official/original one.

For example you take the 1.0 or 2.0 official patch : it miss dynamis. There's more in the future ones and it's not at all PES 2020 lookalike anymore... Even if it wasn't from the start. Season update yes, as they didn't changed any gameplay features, stats, graphims, or added stuffs : but the way to play is very different.

I was mehhh with PES 2020 as the game was too lazy/not dynamic, i edited it fully as i was on a team but always disappointed when i launched a game and was "all for that?". On 2021 version as example the 2 new stats where very well introduced and effective to keep or take the ball, i was very satisfied with what they did, patch by patch, with PES 2021. You can better feel a player with high or low Tight Possession or Agression as an example : the impact in game is more important.

More superficial in PES 2020. Dribbling stats mattered much more than Tight control. Now i wouldn't say it's 50/50, the OVR gives less for Tight possession, but it's more effective to keep the ball without running for sure. Agression more important for fault if the player got bad Defensive stats, and effective if he got good Defensive stats.
where can i find the final patch that you speak about 7.0 with vanilla ?

Ok. Youve got me interested. I do have a sweet spot for pes 21 lite. But...I realised it wasnt fully patched recently...so I will fully update it and give it a go.

I agree pes 20 lack dynamism.

Vanilla just means "original game", but it doesn't mean "from day one". With patch then, since the game is dating from 2 - 3 years ago.

Make what @superleeds1 did, if there's not already a mod blocking the official update 7.0.

Remove that non official Patch mod, and try to reinstall first the original game, THEN another with only Graphical changes and database. I don't know if some patch allow to use the official gameplay latest patch or if you can choose, like the Evo-web one.

But there's tons of it. Then if you don't care about the season, there's tons of patchs. Less for 22/23.

That's my suggestion, now do as you want @Yuriii1616

EDIT/ @FShas not every games are dynamic, the tempo differs regarding the tactics. If you play Liverpool vs Chelsea or even Atalanta vs Udinese, Kopenhagen vs Anderlecht you will get dynamism.

Now if you play versus a small team playing very defensive, no pressing and waiting for counter, like IRL, the game can't be dynamic like the ones i mentionned. That's what i like with that game. But a lot of teams are playing that All Defence/Counter Attack when you play ML. But that's Football, small teams plays with the weapons they got ;)
PES 2020 wasn't dynamic on whatever you choose or play against Real or Liverpool. Just boring and no movement, too static let's say.

Last edited:
Since the game was removed from all online stores, I got a disc version to try on new consoles, since its bumped up to 60fps there.

Im having a lot of fun with it.
Most recent patch made it fairly nice and varied. And it has all the basics.
I have fouls, physicality, AI is shooting from distance, crossing, there is build up play, midfield battles, its challenging and rewarding.
Its still a bit sluggish, but higher framerate definitely makes is better.
Playing on Professional, full manual, 0 speed is very enjoyable.

Unfortunately - for me this is it. This is the compromise I have to go for.
Its the only game on the market that looks good, has decent AI and is not crippled by oldschool stiffness.
Pes17 had better AI, obviously, but when it comes to freedom of movement and being on the ball - Pes21 is heads and shoulders above it. All prior to Pes18 just felt stiff. And Pes18 was soft and had no fouls.
Pes21 is the best mix of both worlds, the furthest we got to proper, modern football game.
It shouldnt have been a peak of football gaming evolution, but unfortunately thats as far as we got before it all went crumbling down.

What was the main cons and pros for PES 2020 Demo ?
Or it is one of best iterations of Pro Evolution Soccer 2020-2021 from point of view gameplay ?
As i remember - 2-nd or 3-rd gameplay patch also was good for PES 2021.
AI was a bit standoff...ish. even when they were losing - they still spent quite a bit of time on passing the ball in their own half like they were winning.
That was the only con.

Defense was the biggest pro. It required timing and skill. Any mistimed tackle was a foul. Physicality was savage.

Having said that - been playing Pes21 last couple of days with its final patch and on full manual and professional - its really really good. AI is varied and human.
Enjoying it a lot.

AI was a bit standoff...ish. even when they were losing - they still spent quite a bit of time on passing the ball in their own half like they were winning.
That was the only con.

Defense was the biggest pro. It required timing and skill. Any mistimed tackle was a foul. Physicality was savage.

Having said that - been playing Pes21 last couple of days with its final patch and on full manual and professional - its really really good. AI is varied and human.
Enjoying it a lot.
is that with the season update?

ignore me. PES2021 is the season update of 2020... i forgot

Last edited:
That was the only con.

Enjoying it a lot.
There’s a huge leap in the game when you switch to full manual (that wasn’t so evident in 17-20) that really highlights the near perfection of the ball physics.

The CPU also changes the way it plays against you too which is understandable because with any type of pass assistance it’s not hard to get 90%+ completion even if you’re a counter attack fiend so the CPU marks you a lot tighter I feel with assistance on which led/leads to mostly receiving the ball in the last 1/4 with a player on your back immediately. Going full manual seems to shift the CPU into more varied styles of defense past the tight man-marking approach at Pro/Top Player.

For me the case is much more simple. I wouldn't say the best PES every etc, but IMHO both PES 2020 and 2021 are very good at producing a solid output with less complicated inputs.

The previous PES games, 2019-2018, tried to produce a more complicated output, with the higher response in control-dribble, but the results are more inconsistent football-wise.

I really don't know how to explain it, it's like 2020 and 2021 try to sum 1+2+3 and the result is usually 5 or 7. 2018 and 2019 try to sum 10+20+30 but the result, instead around 60 it is 100, 20, 90 ,15, etc....

I mean the most recent 20 and 21 have two basic functions, passing with :x: and some type of dribbling, which is rigid a lot of time and feels stiff and unresponsive. In the 18 and 19 versions, if you isolate the response with L-stick, 2018 tears appart every other game, and then 2019 tears apart 2020 and 2021.

All of the above games , have some fundamental flaws of course.

I don't honestly know how to explain it, some times it is better to promise 20 and do the 10, than promise 100 and do the 10.

For me the case is much more simple. I wouldn't say the best PES every etc, but IMHO both PES 2020 and 2021 are very good at producing a solid output with less complicated inputs.

The previous PES games, 2019-2018, tried to produce a more complicated output, with the higher response in control-dribble, but the results are more inconsistent football-wise.

I really don't know how to explain it, it's like 2020 and 2021 try to sum 1+2+3 and the result is usually 5 or 7. 2018 and 2019 try to sum 10+20+30 but the result, instead around 60 it is 100, 20, 90 ,15, etc....

I mean the most recent 20 and 21 have two basic functions, passing with :x: and some type of dribbling, which is rigid a lot of time and feels stiff and unresponsive. In the 18 and 19 versions, if you isolate the response with L-stick, 2018 tears appart every other game, and then 2019 tears apart 2020 and 2021.

I don't honestly know how to explain it, some times it is better to promise 20 and do the 10, than promise 100 and do the 10.
I never thought about it this way, but its a very good point.
Dribbling in Pes18 was amazing, but it was such a soft game that I just could not love it. The lack of fouls was killing it entirely for me.
19 just killed itself with one dimensional AI.
In here I have this stiff and unresponsive dribbling, but when it works - it works as it should. I can draw fouls and I can do some really awesome tricks with proper timing.
AI is also basic, but varied enough to keep me going. And even though they surprise me less often than in Pes18 - when they do surprise me - it works really well.

So yeah - your post sums it up very well.

I think the big difference, and drawback, of the super-responsive dribbling in 2018 (and to a lesser but still noticeable extent in 2019) was that once you got good at it, even at the higher skill levels you could dribble half the field with players like Maguire every time. The lack of fouls in 18/19 and scaled down physicality meant dribbling was a lot of fun but super unrealistic. Not FIFA 22/23 unrealistic but still not true to the game.

In 2021, you have to use players who are good at dribbling and even then, you have to be pretty good to pull it off with any consistency but I think it's far more realistic than 18/19 as how many real life games do you see more than a few long, 30+ yards, dribbles taking players on where it's successful? It should be difficult and a hard skill to master just like manual passing in 21 is way harder than 18/19 where there's definitely noticeable assistance or the CPU players adjust slowly to give the passes more chance to complete.

I haven't played the XB1 version of the game in a while but the Series X emulation of it is more responsive to me and what I remember or maybe just perservering and using timing and not spamming sprint, yields better/more realistic results.

Series X emulation of it is more responsive to me and what I remember or maybe just perservering and using timing and not spamming sprint, yields better/more realistic results.
100%. 60fps definetely makes a big difference. While Im slowly tipping away with editing all the leagues, team kits and updating transfers - I have spent good bit of time on exhibition matches and training ground to refresh my manual/advanced shots and practice said dribbling.
And I have to say Im very surprised. Quite often I can dribble through very tight spaces. Spaces that I would not even attempt to try in master league match, coz I would deemed them impossible.
Thing is - timing has to be perfect. When you realise that skill move will only trigger when your feet touches the ball, take it into account and time it right - its not unresponsive. There is just a really small window when you can perform a trick. I see how many people would prefer it to be easier, but I like the realistic side to it. And im slowly getting better at it.

100%. 60fps definetely makes a big difference. While Im slowly tipping away with editing all the leagues, team kits and updating transfers - I have spent good bit of time on exhibition matches and training ground to refresh my manual/advanced shots and practice said dribbling.
And I have to say Im very surprised. Quite often I can dribble through very tight spaces. Spaces that I would not even attempt to try in master league match, coz I would deemed them impossible.
Thing is - timing has to be perfect. When you realise that skill move will only trigger when your feet touches the ball, take it into account and time it right - its not unresponsive. There is just a really small window when you can perform a trick. I see how many people would prefer it to be easier, but I like the realistic side to it. And im slowly getting better at it.
Exactly and perfectly explained.

For me this also means I cannot manage to play more than three 15 min games at the end of a long day, just because it requires so much focus to be fully in sync with my player and the ball, and simultaneously keep an eye on spaces and runs.

In defence it's the same, you really have to pay a lot of attention to momentum and foot planting to know when to commit and with whom, and i find it quite exhausting at times. Its hard work!

After three games i usually start to get sloppy and opportunistic and the game can get more frustrating, the magic possibilities behind that small window you speak of are closed off more and more by that time. But despite (or thanks to?) these 'frustrations', it's all worth it, because when it clicks, it clicks like a motherf*cker.

Last edited:
Exactly and perfectly explained.

For me this also means I cannot manage to play more than three 15 min games at the end of a long day, just because it requires so much focus to be fully in sync with my player and the ball, and simultaneously keep an eye on spaces and runs.

In defence it's the same, you really have to pay a lot of attention to momentum and foot planting to know when to commit and with whom, and i find it quite exhausting at times. Its hard work!

After three games i usually start to get sloppy and opportunistic and the game can get more frustrating, the magic possibilities behind that small window you speak of are closed off more and more by that time. But despite (or thanks to?) these 'frustrations', it's all worth it, because when it clicks, it clicks like a motherf*cker.
Agreed, it can be bloody hard work if you don't have the time to focus and just sticking to a routine doesn't work so great in PES 21 compoared to earlier versions because despite what some people think about the game, the CPU does adjust to your style of play to thwart you if you continually try to spam a certain build-up or pass. You'll find your target player man-marked or midfield players won't have time to breathe with the CPU implementing a high press if you're farting around. The easiest solution I found to get some breathing space and play with half a brain I've found is to drop down a skill level. On full manual it's still a task because your passing and shooting still have to be up to par, you just have a little less pressure on you. On full manual, I find the difficulty increase for the CPU just tends to be less errors and tighter marking rather than 1.5x speed increase like in other games where you bump up past Pro level where the same style of play but faster gameplay is what provides the challenge.

It's exactly why PES 21 is the best sim around. If people complain about the dribbling to beat players 1v1 is too hard, I'd say it's hard just like in real life. You can't just run at somebody and do a little burst of speed at 45 degrees and diagonally leave them rooted. In PES 21, some players will put their body on you so dribbling them is too difficult of an option whereas others can be beaten with that little burst if you slow down a tad then burst into the space especially if it's a player with slow acceleration. Without even a basic feint though, trying to beat players with a dribble is how it should be, 20% luck and 80% technique and timing.

That was the only con.

Enjoying it a lot.

I remember you didn't liked it too much in the past.
Probably you played only the first months of release? After the 2nd patch the game changed, much more dynamism and no problem with AI.
When some said that it's as smart as a Gameboy AI. They/he should not have played as much i believe, or sometimes i understand : you don't feel the game pretty good while doing all you could to play : you won't follow what's next, i often did the same in the past.
Now, i give a chance to some games. I would'n't have finished Dark Souls 2 if i would have just focused on the feeling and the atmosphere not really "Miyazaki" (the master didn't do that game)

But it's pehraps the less, let's say "mastered" by the devs on every battle and level design, but i really spend a great time by finishing the HD remaster.
I took me more than a year to start that version... But i couldn't stop when i was launched on the adventure.

Some games needs to be played more in depth to be understood and PES 2021 is part of those game, even for a simple "Season update" and a sports game, but as it's exactly the same graphisms as PES 2020 (i don't talk about animations added)... It's kinda hard to put the other game off.
They did all they could without keeping "for the next version" some issues (marketing strategy as we all know). The game is the most balanced on PS4 in everything practically, and it doesn't need mod or sliders.

That's why i'm liking it that much. It's effective and no patch killed the game, but improved it little by little.
And i didn't liked that much PES 2020... It's too "feel asleep" when i you play that game. It's probably the less dynamic PES i played, personally i need some pressure or movement around. But even when you make passes and everything, it's like the players are not involved and don't care.

Last edited:
It's exactly why PES 21 is the best sim around. If people complain about the dribbling to beat players 1v1 is too hard, I'd say it's hard just like in real life. You can't just run at somebody and do a little burst of speed at 45 degrees and diagonally leave them rooted. In PES 21, some players will put their body on you so dribbling them is too difficult of an option whereas others can be beaten with that little burst if you slow down a tad then burst into the space especially if it's a player with slow acceleration. Without even a basic feint though, trying to beat players with a dribble is how it should be, 20% luck and 80% technique and timing.
Hard to understand that it's the same people which have done Efootball. Like you said with dribbling, i talked about early but in the retro thread i believe : you got to get closer to the opponent like on PS2 PES and then move and make an acceleration at the right time. Timing is very important to dribble.
I said exactly the same as you : same as in real life lol.

its far to open and repetitive to be called a football sim, against the AI at lease

I´ve also been playing at a good rythm, at least a match a day and after all this time, some things do make a point.

There are many little things that may not be perfectly implemented, but they have a place on this game, and if we don´t understand why they happen, we get the felling that the game is broken or something.

It's interesting how diferent players have diferent behaviour on the same position. I may use a LM and he usually makes runs inside, while another player might stay closer to the lines most of the time. Same with CF's some of them seem to have a tendency to make more runs, while others prefer to "rest", and it's our job to know the players and use them as necessary. There's some depth that forces us to understand our team and try to find ways to use it's strenghts.

And even player stats might take us on the wrong path, as I experienced several times, bringing a new player to the team with great stats on paper, but after some time I realize he does not fit my tactics and has little impact on the match outcome, and end up finding that my bench player, who I didn´t gave much hope, comes in and changes the dynamic of the team dramatically.

Despite some flaws, I must give credit for some things and details this game has, and maybe for that reason, it's the game I always come back once a day for my fix.

I remember you didn't liked it too much in the past
I didnt. I gave up long before final patch and never went back to it.
AI was the main reason for me.
Like in Pes19 we had low cross + top corner belter, in here we had pass to the middle striker, turn + shoot.
But I dont get these now. They play decent and varied enough football.

Besides - im not gonna lie - I was a bit too sweaty for this game.
Muscle memory from previous Pes games where Id had hanged on to sprint button was taking over. Then AI would take the ball away and ping pong around, coz I would have left plenty of gaps.
Then I would slow the game speed to -1, which as a result would make it even more sluggish to get pass defenders and I was getting pissed off.

Now I have changed the whole approach. I barely use sprint in the build up Im being more patient. That gives me more accuracy, less gaps and AI is not able to abuse me anymore.

Dont get me wrong - its not the best football game ever made, but its the best I have on console if I want to play something modern..ish.

Dont get me wrong - its not the best football game ever made, but its the best I have on console if I want to play something modern..ish.
Maybe this isn't the right thread to post this, but I think if you guys would like to give the PC version a try you might see that there are many mods that IMO improve the gameplay. I'm a PA1 player and I like how gameplay mods change the ball physics of passing, and also have other features that significantly change the AI and other behaviors. Anyway, I think that on PC the mods make it a more enjoyable experience than vanilla.

The console versions might have other features I'm not aware of but on PC I think modding has done a wonderful job.

Last edited:
Maybe this isn't the right thread to post this, but I think if you guys would like to give the PC version a try you might see that there are many mods that IMO improve the gameplay
Believe me, if we had a choice we probably wouldnt play console version with handful of stadiums, default scoreboards and in my case - not even option files. :LOL:
From one reason or another we have what we have and have to deal with it.

As my granny used to say - "if you dont have what you like - you like what you have." :LOL:

I can completely do without mod for stadiums but not option file lol. But that's not the reason i will play more or less : it's just became a standard for me since PES 16...
I played PES 15 but there wasn't import option : i just changed names and ressembing kits.
But you could've finally import kits and all badges on PES 16 but that game was so unbalanced that i didn't played it.

So yes it's obvious there's priority for gameplay + just information. And i was happy just to have the opportunity to change in game kits for long distance lookalike and names while PES 15 time, when i got the PS4 version running super smooth and the PS3 far less but with possibility to import kits/emblems.

But when you're used to something like import kits, it became a standard and you got hard to do without it, i remember starting playing only when there was some exports available. Fortunately i got a PS5 and it's super easy to import stuff : just have to copy your Data file.
People said you have to reassign the kits after but not if you erase the file and re-import the new Data.

Edit:
Then, for example i played with mods but it's not my standard to have banners and all. I don't care that much to be honest, and don't play with a camera "to watch" but "to play" so something not that looking super TV match but more like... What it is : a game.
One last thing : i still didn't get how people can play on angle +10 on manual, perhaps (for sure) i don't have a very high visuospatial intelligence :LOL:

Always been sad about Xbox doesn't wanted to import at least image or simple teams.bin files... Konami could have done a website for sharing, but both are a bit responsible of it, i would said for once a bit more Microsoft than the guys working on PES.

Last edited:
It consoles me it's not placebo effect, but this game is really a considerable improvement compared with his predecessor even hearing from you others. Thing that it's making me playing it the most compared with 20 it's probably goal satisfaction. Even if I play on basic shooting, in 21 I'm scoring a lot of varied, and contextual ones. But after all, shooting it's only half of the story regarding goal variety. In 2020 it was an endless succession of tap ins and low passes.. so damn boring. Here even if it's still really tough I know I have a chance to score even with, I don't know, a long ball to a placed defense:

Tried to replicate it other times, but still couldn't score another one precisely like this. But I mean - it's possible. This and a myriad of other ones.

Then I also agree with much of what has been said above. You have to be 100% focused on the game (at least from SS above I guess?) and possibly not play too many consecutive ones. Time ago I had a pre sleep session when I was dead tired from the day and it was a complete disaster. But when I'm centered I find I can defend with some good order (at least as far as my high 70 overall defenders allows me).

And I find dribbling very satisfying as well. You can feel good dribblers, but the way the game is to overcome the usual forest of legs and bodies ready to take the ball from you make it so that doing long slaloms is super hard and needs very good timing. It's like you dribble one, you dribble two and you can already feel the "inertia" coming down on you. Is a bit like real life if you want it and I really like it.
Oh, and I absolutely also love to play with shooting/cross and super cancel. There really is a proper satisfaction in fooling the CPU with a last second canceled shot or cross. I used to spam shoot + pass for the old basic shoot/cross feint, but it's nowhere near effective/natural as R1+R2.

I´ve also been playing at a good rythm, at least a match a day and after all this time, some things do make a point.

There are many little things that may not be perfectly implemented, but they have a place on this game, and if we don´t understand why they happen, we get the felling that the game is broken or something.

It's interesting how diferent players have diferent behaviour on the same position. I may use a LM and he usually makes runs inside, while another player might stay closer to the lines most of the time. Same with CF's some of them seem to have a tendency to make more runs, while others prefer to "rest", and it's our job to know the players and use them as necessary. There's some depth that forces us to understand our team and try to find ways to use it's strenghts.

And even player stats might take us on the wrong path, as I experienced several times, bringing a new player to the team with great stats on paper, but after some time I realize he does not fit my tactics and has little impact on the match outcome, and end up finding that my bench player, who I didn´t gave much hope, comes in and changes the dynamic of the team dramatically.

Despite some flaws, I must give credit for some things and details this game has, and maybe for that reason, it's the game I always come back once a day for my fix.

I kinda agree on all. Once you properly dive in the game, many things that didn't before suddenly make sense.

One thing about players behaviour tho.. it seems to me sometimes position kinda overrides personal attitudes.

I'll explain it better. I remember (in my Spezia ML) playing against Milan where Cahlanoglu was AMF.. and, given that's what he does best in rl too, he bombed me with distance shots, scoring a beautiful dipping one from outside. Then I faced Milan again an year later, the turkish placed as an RWF.. and he probably never attempted a single one lol, non even when he cutted inside. It's like the RWF role is more tied to different duties and that ended up covering this personal strength of his.

That said, game is really surprising me. There really is a lot of depth and complexity. Of course there are moment of extreme unfairness (as I already said in the ML thread, National Teams cups in ML in particular seems like some kind of final destination experience, even if I had good frustrating bits with the club too), but all in all now I see the worth in suck them up.

Back
Top Bottom