eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

And as FPS and performance was involved, i have to add, while keeping it short, that on Master League, Superstar, sometimes except for the focus needed , the gameplay becomes console-performamce-dependant, even a different TV/ monitor with different ping/input lag, it's not that it transforms the gameplay, but slightly affects the little details, that when you summarize them, you may have a slightly, slightly, slightly different outcome.

I am pretty convinced that the experience is slightly better, on PS5/XboxseriesX. Not dramatic change.

in here we had pass to the middle striker, turn + shoot.

Always found it funny when the ball gets played into a striker with his back to goal and he turns into prime Drogba, holds of his defender, and puts it right in the corner. At this point I just spam press the AI when it's in that position lol. I'd rather give up the free kick that let them get off a shot.

Still playing this on my ps5 with all the kits and names sorted. Annoying how there is no online anymore but im loving master league with everything updated
Which patch do you have? I’ve installed the latest PES Universe file, but some teams aren’t finished - La Liga B, other European teams etc.

Always found it funny when the ball gets played into a striker with his back to goal and he turns into prime Drogba, holds of his defender, and puts it right in the corner. At this point I just spam press the AI when it's in that position lol. I'd rather give up the free kick that let them get off a shot.

You never played pes12 did you?
The ai was absolutely ridiculous.

its far to open and repetitive to be called a football sim, against the AI at lease
I understand where you're coming from mate but sometimes we forget that we as humans tend to stick to a limited number of variations in the way we attack or defend and so the CPU reacts accordingly. I played a bunch of EURO 2020 tournaments with friends at my house last Summer and I got to see half a dozen people play against the CPU rather than just against each other and the different human styles were very evident. 3 of us played (with different teams) against Italy and the CPU was very different against each of us to adapt to how we played. For the first part of the game it was difficult to notice until the human repetitive styles happened then the CPU exploited those styles. One mate lost 3 goals from crosses because he had midget center backs (he'd gone for speed) whereas Maguire for England beat their forwards to every header for me (even though that doesn't happen in real life :LMAO:). One mate played with a flat 5 in the mid (I think he was France) and the CPU knocked a bunch of over the top balls that left his 3-man defence buggered in the second half.

I'm not saying you're wrong at all mate but I think it is a very subjective experience.

Believe me, if we had a choice we probably wouldnt play console version with handful of stadiums, default scoreboards and in my case - not even option files. :LOL:
From one reason or another we have what we have and have to deal with it.

As my granny used to say - "if you dont have what you like - you like what you have." :LOL:
My granny used to give me that speech before serving something unrecognizable for dinner.

ML is a diferent challenge, so after playing it in Top Player and SS for a long time, I'm now back to Professional, as it still tries to give a challenge, but it's not unfair as the other levels. I was too frustrated to see that unfairness too many times, even if I win the match, I could clearly see the moments were the CPU had the boost and could pull things it would never happen IRL.

There's no game we can call "sim" in realitity. Like i already said it's Action-Football with certain level of "What you can/can't do IRL".
Of course there will be more super strike in game on a whole season. But it sum up pretty well 90 in 10-15 minutes to me. The main reason there's no real football simulation, but summary about principally what is on the game.

I also totally agree about the fact as human, we don't play the same way from every single people here. But i already said, i play on Legendary but try to varies my way to play : the AI is still pretty human in his reactions but there's more opening as you surprise them.

Of course if you play like everyone here slow and with 15 passes before shooting, the AI will often act the same way... That's not at all my approach personnaly : i can do that, but also direct play, and a lot of changing side with crosses.
I love particularly the ball physics on long play/well, aerial play so high passes and long shoot from less usual position to shoot than straight forward.
But as i want dynamism and more focused on stats, choosing the right player to make the decisive one : i play in PA1.
That game is the closest PES version i played to old school.

Also, to me there's not a thing like "best football game ever". It depends you mood, what's you're interest regarding a game and the football representation etc.
I can for example be bored of PES 2021 and got fun now that i've brough FIFA 14 PS4, then the opposite.
Or as i'm not at all reluctant to retro 8 directions PS2 versions, i see them as a different approach too, the closest to "action-football" name you may found as there's always something to do. It's a bit like a chess game where stats will direct the way you have to play.

Now about FIFA PS3, the way stats are handled is very different, no way to play "chess" as it's more random with a % for dribbling as an example but more about physical engine which is very good overall and... It's less tactical but simply fun to play.
So the compromise is okay and it's really Action-Football too : meaning if you play seriously you will be always doing something, always in activity every 2-5 second max.

There's no game we can call "sim" in realitity. Like i already said it's Action-Football with certain level of "What you can/can't do IRL".
Of course there will be more super strike in game on a whole season. But it sum up pretty well 90 in 10-15 minutes to me. The main reason there's no real football simulation, but summary about principally what is on the game.

I also totally agree about the fact as human, we don't play the same way from every single people here. But i already said, i play on Legendary but try to varies my way to play : the AI is still pretty human in his reactions but there's more opening as you surprise them.

Of course if you play like everyone here slow and with 15 passes before shooting, the AI will often act the same way... That's not at all my approach personnaly : i can do that, but also direct play, and a lot of changing side with crosses.
I love particularly the ball physics on long play/well, aerial play so high passes and long shoot from less usual position to shoot than straight forward.
But as i want dynamism and more focused on stats, choosing the right player to make the decisive one : i play in PA1.
That game is the closest PES version i played to old school.

Also, to me there's not a thing like "best football game ever". It depends you mood, what's you're interest regarding a game and the football representation etc.
I can for example be bored of PES 2021 and got fun now that i've brough FIFA 14 PS4, then the opposite.
Or as i'm not at all reluctant to retro 8 directions PS2 versions, i see them as a different approach too, the closest to "action-football" name you may found as there's always something to do. It's a bit like a chess game where stats will direct the way you have to play.

Now about FIFA PS3, the way stats are handled is very different, no way to play "chess" as it's more random with a % for dribbling as an example but more about physical engine which is very good overall and... It's less tactical but simply fun to play.
So the compromise is okay and it's really Action-Football too : meaning if you play seriously you will be always doing something, always in activity every 2-5 second max.
Is PA1 the ‘basic’ setting for passing assist? This is the level that’s automatically set if I reset all preferences.

I’m trying to find the right balance to give me a little more freedom, and the AI more variety. I can see the AI is much less robotic playing full manual, but I’d also like a bit more fluidity than full manual. I can’t seem to create chances without some assist either 😂

Is PA1 the ‘basic’ setting for passing assist? This is the level that’s automatically set if I reset all preferences.

I’m trying to find the right balance to give me a little more freedom, and the AI more variety. I can see the AI is much less robotic playing full manual, but I’d also like a bit more fluidity than full manual. I can’t seem to create chances without some assist either 😂

Yes, PA1 is the standard passing assist. But just stick with FUMA, i'd say 😋. With enough training its possible to reach the same kind of fluid attacks as on PA1 or 2. But it takes time and effort before it will be second nature to not only pick the correct direction and curve(!) but also apply suitable power to keep the tempo in the attack, yet not too much to ruin the first touch.

If you find it is too hard, play with the difficulty and(!) the form arrows. I would also recommend putting gras length on long and play with lesser capable teams. Pick a team and get fully accustomed to it.

IMHO the difficulty levels are pretty rigid so you should take extra care in trying to find a fitting challenge for your current level, one that challenges you to improve, but also allows you to have at least one or two shots on target in a 14 minutes match or so. When you start to win matches you can then slowly progress from there on.

Regarding AI variety; by definition the AI utilizes the easiest path to succes. So for variation, you have to always put pressure on the CPU, proactively cut passing lanes and apply tactics. There is no shortcut.

It took me a long time to realise this game has tons of single player replayability if you approach it more lean-forward then lean-backward. But now that i do, i can recommend it to everyone because there is so much to learn and discover in the challenging but satisfying long term conversation you start indulging in with the game.

Last edited:
Because I never did it before, I tried Legend level and I'll keep playing it for a while just for "educational" purposes on my ML.

I find it weird and at the same time interesting, as the CPU is way more nervous and agressive at all levels, but this also creates more open spaces and oportunities to explore.
This morning I played my belgium cup final and it was a massacre, ending with 17 shots/11 on target from the CPU vs 8/6 for me. Normally you would've guessed they won the match easily because on higher levels the CPU is so effective and clinical, but I won the match 2-4. So I don´t really know what to think sometimes, I belive that dificulty doesn't really affect the final result of a match... I think it's based on "oportunities" and it's up to you to take advantage of those moments.

I almost believe that my own players are more responsive on higher levels... Playing on Pro with FUMA, most times I feel my players are a tad slower and have bad awareness, maybe to compensate the dumber CPU... maybe.
I also felt that CPU was a bit less agressive on second half, like they were a bit tired or something, even though they almost made a comeback from 0-3 to 2-3, but my last goal killed their hopes.

It is interesting after all, as long as you don't get too angry with the moments were the CPU clearly as the advantage like some kind of boost or God Mode. Truth is, this boost won´t last the whole match, and that's when you can strike back. I'll play a couple more matches and see how it goes.

Because I never did it before, I tried Legend level and I'll keep playing it for a while just for "educational" purposes on my ML.

I find it weird and at the same time interesting, as the CPU is way more nervous and agressive at all levels, but this also creates more open spaces and oportunities to explore.
This morning I played my belgium cup final and it was a massacre, ending with 17 shots/11 on target from the CPU vs 8/6 for me. Normally you would've guessed they won the match easily because on higher levels the CPU is so effective and clinical, but I won the match 2-4. So I don´t really know what to think sometimes, I belive that dificulty doesn't really affect the final result of a match... I think it's based on "oportunities" and it's up to you to take advantage of those moments.

I almost believe that my own players are more responsive on higher levels... Playing on Pro with FUMA, most times I feel my players are a tad slower and have bad awareness, maybe to compensate the dumber CPU... maybe.
I also felt that CPU was a bit less agressive on second half, like they were a bit tired or something, even though they almost made a comeback from 0-3 to 2-3, but my last goal killed their hopes.

It is interesting after all, as long as you don't get too angry with the moments were the CPU clearly as the advantage like some kind of boost or God Mode. Truth is, this boost won´t last the whole match, and that's when you can strike back. I'll play a couple more matches and see how it goes.
For a while I only played friendly matches on FUMA legendary, like, i would take on from top to bottom all the Serie A teams with Sampdoria and later on with Fiorentina, only allowing myself to continue to the next opponent after a victory.

So, after all that training, I thought I would try and mix it up a bit and started a new Europa Cup journey with "I Gigliati". Naturally, I anticipated a tougher challenge and made sure to see how we would fare on Superstar first. Indeed, immediately the contrast with friendlies was apparent when it comes to team spirit (aka boosting, aka scripting), which is a lot more pronounced.

After getting through the group stage with some trail and error, my first game in the finals I won pretty comfortably with 1-0 at home against Real Sociedad. But then came the away game, which I went in feeling all too confident. After mere 5 minutes i was 2-0 behind - they completely overrun me whereas my players seemed to be walking in mud. My second attempt went the same - my players felt so lethargic i could only absorb the blows.

On the third attempt, I decided to just accept an ugly draw - park the bus and get the points. By changing my objective and expectations, instead of being annoyed by the very rigid and artificial CPU boosting and de-boosting, I accepted it as fact and integrated it into the story in my head, changed my tactics and starting eleven accordingly, and actually quite enjoyed the battle to keep a clean sheet, in which i succeeded.

Now, is this the most sophisticated way of simulating the mental challenges we have to deal with during competitions? Absolutely not. You think all is fine and dandy until suddenly it flips and everything is sluggish as hell. Not only do you start to doubt your own brilliance but also that of the game. Because, while you seem to be doing the same things, the output is completely different and this is incomprehensible - and perhaps inexcusable from a game design point of view.

If there is *something* going on under the hood which impacts gameplay, shouldn't the player be at least informed, however subtle? If only there would be some feedback hinting on the status of the TS, like players energizing the home crowd with arm gestures indicating a high TS, or your CV shouting in frustration - indicating low TS, it would be far easier to accept and anticipate the flows in TS.

It's like playing a boxing game where your health meter controls the power and speed of your punches, yet the health meter itself is not displayed on the screen and there is nothing to visually tell you how your player is doing other then the barely noticeable fact that your punches are less fast and powerful then before. Furthermore, it could well be your health is half full from the beginning - with no apparent reason. Good luck with that.

Whenever a narrative element is inserted through gameplay, but not trough presentation, this creates a disconnect between the player and the game. Which is a shame because, as i experienced, as soon as you fill in the blanks yourself by learning to deduct the narrative based on the output, the game becomes enjoyable again.

For a while I only played friendly matches on FUMA legendary, like, i would take on from top to bottom all the Serie A teams with Sampdoria and later on with Fiorentina, only allowing myself to continue to the next opponent after a victory.

So, after all that training, I thought I would try and mix it up a bit and started a new Europa Cup journey with "I Gigliati". Naturally, I anticipated a tougher challenge and made sure to see how we would fare on Superstar first. Indeed, immediately the contrast with friendlies was apparent when it comes to team spirit (aka boosting, aka scripting), which is a lot more pronounced.

After getting through the group stage with some trail and error, my first game in the finals I won pretty comfortably with 1-0 at home against Real Sociedad. But then came the away game, which I went in feeling all too confident. After mere 5 minutes i was 2-0 behind - they completely overrun me whereas my players seemed to be walking in mud. My second attempt went the same - my players felt so lethargic i could only absorb the blows.

On the third attempt, I decided to just accept an ugly draw - park the bus and get the points. By changing my objective and expectations, instead of being annoyed by the very rigid and artificial CPU boosting and de-boosting, I accepted it as fact and integrated it into the story in my head, changed my tactics and starting eleven accordingly, and actually quite enjoyed the battle to keep a clean sheet, in which i succeeded.

Now, is this the most sophisticated way of simulating the mental challenges we have to deal with during competitions? Absolutely not. You think all is fine and dandy until suddenly it flips and everything is sluggish as hell. Not only do you start to doubt your own brilliance but also that of the game. Because, while you seem to be doing the same things, the output is completely different and this is incomprehensible - and perhaps inexcusable from a game design point of view.

If there is *something* going on under the hood which impacts gameplay, shouldn't the player be at least informed, however subtle? If only there would be some feedback hinting on the status of the TS, like players energizing the home crowd with arm gestures indicating a high TS, or your CV shouting in frustration - indicating low TS, it would be far easier to accept and anticipate the flows in TS.

It's like playing a boxing game where your health meter controls the power and speed of your punches, yet the health meter itself is not displayed on the screen and there is nothing to visually tell you how your player is doing other then the barely noticeable fact that your punches are less fast and powerful then before. Furthermore, it could well be your health is half full from the beginning - with no apparent reason. Good luck with that.

Whenever a narrative element is inserted through gameplay, but not trough presentation, this creates a disconnect between the player and the game. Which is a shame because, as i experienced, as soon as you fill in the blanks yourself by learning to deduct the narrative based on the output, the game becomes enjoyable again.
Yep, you nailed this. My english won't let me explain my thoughts as good as you did.

Following this, I played a few matches today, the final group stage of Belgium league. Boy it was hard and frustrating... I realised I had to change my mentality, I had to learn a few more tricks and I ended up watching more videos about the roles of each player and their impact on the matches.

One thing I enjoy though, is that I can sure see a diference between top teams and lower teams, I can actually win almost easily against the underdogs, but against the top teams, ouch... it's a pain to even play the match! They were all over the place, with alien stamina and super powered awareness, to the point I couldn't make a single pass in their half. I enjoyed the challenge, that was what I was looking for, but not to the point where it gets unfair and frustrating.
And yes, I was completely dumbed down, it was very noticeable, my players were way slower than usually, whenever I receive a pass and try to turn around, it took just enough time for the CPU to run past me and take the ball like I wasn't even there.

Still, I'll keep trying, as I've seen new things here, like a red card from a risky tackle from the CPU, and also a penalty, all due to the higher agression of this level. If I just can defend better, I believe there's a new balance here, between challenge and reward... but for now it's just to damn hard to see it as a good experience.

I agree with this 100%, that's the main reason why I like playing in PA1 as well, stats have a heavier weight (I really want my games to be driven by stats as well as skill), and therefore player individualization is quite marked. :TU:

Yep, I regret that I never explored this before, but I'm paying special atention to player styles, and what a diference!!

I don´t even mind if the player has great stats, wich is important, as long as he does what I want him to do. taking advantage of player styles completely changes the team's dynamics, their moves off the ball and positioning is so rewarding! Having a combination of a classic N10 with a Whole Player really opens up the possibilities... using wingers according to what you need is also crucial. You can use a prolific winger to cause confusion on the box, or use a box to box winger to have extra help when defending. This also helps on the defensive side, as some styles are more defensive than others, and you just have to decide how you approach the next match, and pick your starting eleven according to.

It might seem stupid I never tried this before, but I was just casually playing, trying to have some fun and just picking high stats players to buy etc, didn´t really understand player styles had such an impact, but it all makes sense, and it's very noticeable on the pitch. This actually changes the dificulty levels, and legend doesn't seem so far off now.

Agree with you.

Personally, I've always thought a "stress indicator" of sort wouldn't be out of place and would help to accept this stuff way better and rationally. You know, some kind of Doom guy avatar that shows the mental response of the player failing a penalty kick, or the one doing an error leading to a goal.. or the pressure of playing in a big stadium away from home. Things like these, that could help you put in context different phases of the game. Of course it would work for positive things too.

p.s. the Doom guy avatar is an extreme (although I'd personally love it lol), something subtler or even hidable for people who don't want to see this type of things on screen would be fine anyway, just have some real parameter we could materially check!

p.s. the Doom guy avatar is an extreme (although I'd personally love it lol), something subtler or even hidable for people who don't want to see this type of things on screen would be fine anyway, just have some real parameter we could materially check!
Its an interesting concept, but the way I started looking at this is as I was standing on the sideline, trying to instruct my players. I dont know whats going on in their heads. I can think that the team is ready, but they can have some shit going on in their lives and whatnot.
So I just put a bit of roleplay into it and just go with the flow.

I dont know what's happening to be honest, but I have never struggled as much in ML as I am now, while still enjoying the game very much.
Only issue I have is that I havent had single injury so far and Im over half way through the season.
So I made another rule up - arrow down is an injury and I cant play the guy. Diagonal arrow down - mild injury and I can play the player up to one half, not more. Adds another layer of fun and difficulty.
Not that I need more, being battered left right and centre.. :LOL:

Ps. Jesus this is my third edit. Spelling errors and wrong words galore.. apologies, Im after night shift.

Last edited:
Its an interesting concept, but the way I started looking at this is as I was standing on the sideline, trying to instruct my players. I dont know whats going on in their heads. I can think that the team is ready, but they can have some shit going on in their lives and whatnot.
So I just put a bit of roleplay into it and just go with the flow.

I dont know what's happening to be honest, but I have never struggled as much in ML as I am now, while still enjoying the game very much.
Only issue I have is that I havent had single injury so far and Im over half way through the season.
So I made another rule up - arrow down is an injury and I cant play the guy. Vertical arrow down - mild injury and I can play the player up to one half, not more. Adds another layer of fun and difficulty.
Not that I need more, being battered left right and centre.. :LOL:

Yeah, now that I think about it the stuff with player's mental condition minute by minute is already present in Football Manager if I'm not wrong, so I could have just use that as a comparison. But - I get what you say, I guess it's fair play if you can still deal with it with your own fantasy. I mean, Pes 2021 is this and it's never gonna change, nor Konami will ever give it a proper sequel, so I guess we are all just stuck with our own roleplay for a lot of these out of field things. Still, as a fantasy, I'd really love a football game in which the mental game has more depth and contextuality :D

As for injuries, I had some in my two seasons half, mostly after match when I overplayed a tired guy - unfortunately, not really persistent and I've never had more than 5 days out ones or something. Don't know if with more matches (European cups) and more stamina stress things change a bit for the "better". On Pc, if I'm not wrong, there should be some mod that help with it but I remember you playing on console. Wonder if somebody ever edited out all players to the worse injury tolerance value, maybe it could make a significant difference and it would be doable over there as well:THINK: (with an external editor, of course)

Wonder if somebody ever edited out all players to the worse injury tolerance value, maybe it could make a significant difference and it would be doable over there as well
I was considering it.
Since Im on Xbox - all I have is in game editor. I already edited all kits (each team has 3 sets representing actual 3 sets), edited all starting players, youth players and all tactics (picked best 11s in each team, removed Deep Defensive Line, switched Long Ball to short ball - for all teams). That took me around 2 weeks and I was also planning to nerf Stamina and Injury Resistance Stats for all players manually.

But I wanted to test it first.
Stamina seems fairly well balanced. By the end of the match I have most players running on fumes, so I dont see the need to edit this.
Injuries might be something to look at, but I want to play full season or two first to see if it needs tweaking.
Besides - I didnt want to spend a month and then play few matches in Master League and realise that the game still annoys me. :LOL:
But since Im enjoying it and cant really see anything promising on the horizon - I have plenty of time to slowly tip away with editing as I go along.

Yep, I regret that I never explored this before, but I'm paying special atention to player styles, and what a diference!!

I don´t even mind if the player has great stats, wich is important, as long as he does what I want him to do. taking advantage of player styles completely changes the team's dynamics, their moves off the ball and positioning is so rewarding! Having a combination of a classic N10 with a Whole Player really opens up the possibilities... using wingers according to what you need is also crucial. You can use a prolific winger to cause confusion on the box, or use a box to box winger to have extra help when defending. This also helps on the defensive side, as some styles are more defensive than others, and you just have to decide how you approach the next match, and pick your starting eleven according to.

It might seem stupid I never tried this before, but I was just casually playing, trying to have some fun and just picking high stats players to buy etc, didn´t really understand player styles had such an impact, but it all makes sense, and it's very noticeable on the pitch. This actually changes the dificulty levels, and legend doesn't seem so far off now.

Yeah that's something that I eventually had to start doing in order to get my players doing what I wanted. Between that and the formation I employ, the way I play 2021 is fundamentally different from 2017. I actually got the ridiculous shape I've been using to actually work in football manager too which was hilarious.

I prefer hole players and roaming flanks to prolific wingers because the former roam more for me and I prefer that to players who are static in their movement. I prefer box to box players to creative playmakers for the same reason; I want movement between the lines and creative playmakers tend to hold their position. Offensive full backs all the way. If I want a 3 defender, I'll make him a CB when we are on the ball.

Yeah that's something that I eventually had to start doing in order to get my players doing what I wanted. Between that and the formation I employ, the way I play 2021 is fundamentally different from 2017. I actually got the ridiculous shape I've been using to actually work in football manager too which was hilarious.

I prefer hole players and roaming flanks to prolific wingers because the former roam more for me and I prefer that to players who are static in their movement. I prefer box to box players to creative playmakers for the same reason; I want movement between the lines and creative playmakers tend to hold their position. Offensive full backs all the way. If I want a 3 defender, I'll make him a CB when we are on the ball.
Yess, I wish I had roaming flanks on my team lol. All due to bad planning on transfer season.

Im gonna be honest here - this post about player roles was a revelation of sorts for me. Its embarrassing to admit, but I never really put 2+2 together.
I never really created player roles according to my tactics.
As a result I had players with mindset to go forward and cut inside, while my tactics demanded that they gone back to help the defense.
I just had random mess on the pitch.
Never knew player roles played such an important role!
So thank you for this post. Im in the process of adjusting all roles now.

Ps. All out defense tactics in AI teams makes me giggle. Its not that noticeable in my team, coz I always switch manually between players and put some pressure on AI, so there are always some players around. But AI is like proper panic retreat. :LOL:
Amry-Training-Retreat-Fail-.gif

Im gonna be honest here - this post about player roles was a revelation of sorts for me. Its embarrassing to admit, but I never really put 2+2 together.
I never really created player roles according to my tactics.
As a result I had players with mindset to go forward and cut inside, while my tactics demanded that they gone back to help the defense.
I just had random mess on the pitch.
Never knew player roles played such an important role!
So thank you for this post. Im in the process of adjusting all roles now.

Ps. All out defense tactics in AI teams makes me giggle. Its not that noticeable in my team, coz I always switch manually between players and put some pressure on AI, so there are always some players around. But AI is like proper panic retreat. :LOL:
Exactly, it was a revelation. It's like a new layer of tactics and individual instructions. I thought that styles were just some kind of nickname for the overall quality of the player, but it's much more! I even watch at the match with another understanding now, wainting for the right moment because I know that soon or later, my LW is going to attempt a run at the box.

I'm having interesting matches but still struggling with the ones were CPU is on full throttle mode, bouth attacking and defending. I just played a cup match against Saint Truiden for 4 times, and can´t hold them no matter what. It's a bit furstrating, I keep coming back to another try as a learning process, but htey move around the pitch so fast and constantly changin positions and first time passing that it's literally impossible to stop them. If I'm winning 2-0 (wich happenned), they go even stronger on me and every single ball drops at their feet and my team looses all the awareness for just enough time for them to score 3 goals in a row. Sure any team can try to give their best and leave their hearts at an important match, but c'mon, a lower team should not be able to be so unforgiven the hole time.

I'm having interesting matches but still struggling with the ones were CPU is on full throttle mode, bouth attacking and defending. I just played a cup match against Saint Truiden for 4 times, and can´t hold them no matter what. It's a bit furstrating, I keep coming back to another try as a learning process, but htey move around the pitch so fast and constantly changin positions and first time passing that it's literally impossible to stop them. If I'm winning 2-0 (wich happenned), they go even stronger on me and every single ball drops at their feet and my team looses all the awareness for just enough time for them to score 3 goals in a row. Sure any team can try to give their best and leave their hearts at an important match, but c'mon, a lower team should not be able to be so unforgiven the hole time.
And you're probably playing on Super Star, while Im seeing these boosts even on Professional. I had few games where I was winning and then I could just feel AI going more and more crazy.
I noticed that when I react to it and increase defensive level, or adjust tactics - it helps a little bit. But when I just continue to play as I was - they are getting more and more ruthless by the minute.
Its definetely more noticeable in Master League, but to be fair - that was the case in Pes since I remember.

And you're probably playing on Super Star, while Im seeing these boosts even on Professional. I had few games where I was winning and then I could just feel AI going more and more crazy.
I noticed that when I react to it and increase defensive level, or adjust tactics - it helps a little bit. But when I just continue to play as I was - they are getting more and more ruthless by the minute.
Its definetely more noticeable in Master League, but to be fair - that was the case in Pes since I remember.
I've been trying Legend dificulty, and I love some things about it. It really makes me prepare before wach match, make decisions and winning is really satisfying. But there's those odd matches were everything wrong happens to make you loose.

I was considering it.
Since Im on Xbox - all I have is in game editor. I already edited all kits (each team has 3 sets representing actual 3 sets), edited all starting players, youth players and all tactics (picked best 11s in each team, removed Deep Defensive Line, switched Long Ball to short ball - for all teams). That took me around 2 weeks and I was also planning to nerf Stamina and Injury Resistance Stats for all players manually.

But I wanted to test it first.
Stamina seems fairly well balanced. By the end of the match I have most players running on fumes, so I dont see the need to edit this.
Injuries might be something to look at, but I want to play full season or two first to see if it needs tweaking.
Besides - I didnt want to spend a month and then play few matches in Master League and realise that the game still annoys me. :LOL:
But since Im enjoying it and cant really see anything promising on the horizon - I have plenty of time to slowly tip away with editing as I go along.
How many hours editing did you put in? I’ve finally finished the rosters (right up to Nov. 18, 2022) but I’m not very far into the kits yet. The good thing at least about PES 2021 is that most of the default kits are somewhat in their true team colors so the game doesn’t look bad like the 2019 and before era where every other kit was dogshit brown color.

How many hours editing did you put in?
Hmm.. id say about 20-30?
Two weeks, but not every day. Changing tactics was quick enough. Transfers - I only did the main ones, didnt bother with checking all the squads in detail.
Kits took the longest, but I did it before when I wanted to keep Pes20 Vanilla on PS4.
I know how to mix RGB pallet fairly well (International Superstar Soccer veteran here), I know the patterns, I know how to mix them to create more complex looking kits. They are all still basic in compare to Option Files, but it will do me.
Googling all three kits for each team and stadiums (to pick the most similar one and change the name) - that took the longest. But I do enjoy Editing in Pes. I always did. So it was relaxing. I was doing around 6 teams per sitting and then playing a match or two in exhibition to check them.
There are still teams that I need to edit, but both english 1 and 2 are done.
In the past (pes13 I think) I created entire bundesliga with all the players and stats, so I was always a bit weird that way..😂

Back
Top Bottom