eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

The big shame is the edit mode wouldn’t need too many additions/slots to make it really good. This is a quick Man Utd 3rd kit I did today and luckily it lends itself to the editing features available but it’s a pretty basic kit but for some uniforms, it’s impossible to get much of a good representation of a kit.

As we’re stuck happily/disgruntled with PES 21 and for us Xbox owners, our editing options are limited to manual, I think I’m going to knock up a website with easy editing shortcuts such as photos of all uniforms and best representations with the settings, etc. I’ll add other stuff too for each team such as stadium editing info, managers, etc.
I miss the copy base kit? Easy to make a red/white home kit and paste reverse colours for a white and red version. Now I have a pad and paper to write down shirt nos to make sure the kits match!

The more I play this game - the more I realise that Pes21 was not meant to be played in 30fps.
The difference between new consoles and old is massive.
I was playing it on PS4 last few days, coz I wanted to sort out option file and straight away it reminded me why this game was so frustrating to play. Sluggish players, unresponsive dribbling, everything felt like I was being dragged through the mud.
Then I played on "new" console and suddenly I can dribble, I can burst into priper run, Im getting more fouls, I can shoot in tight spaces..
I thought the last patch made such a huge difference, but it wasnt the patch. Its new hardware and 60fps. Thats how this game was meant to be played.

The more I play this game - the more I realise that Pes21 was not meant to be played in 30fps.
I was playing it on PS4 last few days, coz I wanted to sort out option file and straight away it reminded me why this game was so frustrating to play. Sluggish players, unresponsive dribbling, everything felt like I was being dragged through the mud.
Then I played on "new" console and suddenly I can dribble, I can burst into priper run, Im getting more fouls, I can shoot in tight spaces..
I thought the last patch made such a huge difference, but it wasnt the patch. Its new hardware and 60fps. Thats how this game was meant to be played.
Exactly what I am experiencing on PS5, the game feels different in a much better way. I gave up on efootball and switched back to Pes 21 on PS5 and man, I realized how much efootball is toned down in many aspects of the game play. It's fun to play offline (efootball) and dribbling is much more fluid but it doesn't come close to PES 21 potential. No wonder some call the modded pes 2021 on PC best football game out there.

Last edited:

Would it be 60fps on ps4 pro do you know?

Exactly what I am experiencing on PS5, the game feels different in a much better way. I gave up on efootball and switched back to Pes 21 on PS5 and man, I realized how much efootball is toned down in many aspects of the game play. It's fun to play offline (efootball) and dribbling is much more fluid but it doesn't come to close to PES 21 potential. No wonder some call the modded pes 2021 on PC best football game out there.
TBH I didn't expect much when I installed on the ps5. But blimey it just seemed to gel better. Sounds daft but even the pitch seemed a richer green, not the pissy snot on the ps4.

...i think so? Quick google bash gave me some youtube clips titled "pes21 60fps ps4 pro"... 🤷‍♂️

Brill, thanks. I asked because it is very smooth, the pes 21 lite demo on my ps4 pro.

And its definitely more dynamic that previous patches too ie last patch made it far more exciting.

Might give it another try.

TBH I didn't expect much when I installed on the ps5. But blimey it just seemed to gel better. Sounds daft but even the pitch seemed a richer green, not the pissy snot on the ps4.
Dribbling especially is just next level. When you let go of the sprint you can dance around defenders using just left stick. And bare in mind - im playing with created team, where all players are 60-70 shite stats..

Dribbling especially is just next level. When you let go of the sprint you can dance around defenders using just left stick. And bare in mind - im playing with created team, where all players are 60-70 shite stats..
Homebrew defaults rock. My best team had Rodax (90s Austrian) Hellers (80s Luxembourger) and yours truly( 00s) version 😉

Guys, in your opinion, is the last patch on pes 21 better than any patch version of pes 20?

Is it better than the pes demo? Is it better than pes 20 vanilla?

Ive played a little of pes 21, bit still curious to hear your opinions.

Guys, in your opinion, is the last patch on pes 21 better than any patch version of pes 20?

Is it better than the pes demo? Is it better than pes 20 vanilla?

Ive played a little of pes 21, bit still curious to hear your opinions.
I think so too. It might be a little bit less "free" than vanilla was, but AI is way more aggressive and creative than it was in vanilla.

Edit: but I HIGHLY recommend spending a bit of time in edit mode. Edit all the tactics, remove deep defensive line, change Long Ball build up to Short ball build up. And if you have time and patience - remove "long ball expert" from defenders and DMFs.
There are a lot of individual player styles you can add for AI - Long ranger, trickster, maze runner. And they really work.
You can properly customise your AI if you only have time and patience.

I think so too. It might be a little bit less "free" than vanilla was, but AI is way more aggressive and creative than it was in vanilla.

Edit: but I HIGHLY recommend spending a bit of time in edit mode. Edit all the tactics, remove deep defensive line, change Long Ball build up to Short ball build up. And if you have time and patience - remove "long ball expert" from defenders and DMFs.
There are a lot of individual player styles you can add for AI - Long ranger, trickster, maze runner. And they really work.
You can properly customise your AI if you only have time and patience.

Thank you, I'm going to give it another go now, full manual.

I'd be happy to do some editing, ive done it on pes to create more midfield resistance.

I'm also considering pc, with modding, though I've not done it before.

I'm going to give it another go now, full manual
Another thing I'd like to suggest to try.
Set your shot to advanced and use a mix of L2 manual from through balls and long rangers + advanced from up close.

I presonally found it working like a charm. Finesse shots are broken on manual, but they work great on advanced. Once you get used to directions - you can aim at any part of goal. You can have venomous grass cutters and beautiful finesse shots, while also keeping it beautifully random with long range manuals.
There is also a lot of nice error on advanced, so it does feel balanced.
Just turn all these targed guides off, coz its headwrecking.

I didn't know that it was in 30fps on ONE or PS4, as i own the PRO version, wow. So i never experimented 30fps for PES, neither Fifa... It should be a nightmare to play to be honest.
The original(s) ONE/PS4 was so weak to make it turn to 60 fps? or even 50? The engine isn't that heavy, i don't get it to be honest. i owned PES 2015 to 2017 and the game turned easily in 60fps, so after that (when they modded a bit the engine with bigger pitch and all) the game turned on to 30fps?
Very weird 🤨 Or it's only on ONE then. I only remember the game running at 30fps on PS360 (they released it until PES 2018, the last version)

Otherwise the Edit Mode regressed in some ways but not about kits and emblems : it's only Microsoft version who's blocking everything.
The real edit mode was made to be like on PS4/PC, it's just the ONE version which is restricted, still don't understand their policy about not importing teams/images.

Importing emblems, kits, even League emblems or stadium, managers image was impossible before and possible since PES 2016. But not everything is shining about it especially on PS4 : you could import 2048x2048 kits for some teams. Bad thing : slots too limited (unlimited on PC and PS360). Personnally i don't care to import managers or stadiums image so i still got some place.

Now, managers was and still is a pretty bad idea for editing, and i don't think it impact ML as they don't appear above the team like before (i believe PES 15 to 17).
There's tons of fakes names hiding real managers, during the season it doesn't stop to change, very annoying. Also for Myclub : you were too restricted in comparison to MLO, tactically.

Now about players yes it's much more restricted, coming from a data editor there's a lot of hidden things you can't edit and it's very annoying on console, especially market value.

-There's hidden parameters, like reputation and behaviour you can only found in edit mode
-The players price are "locked" to old transfermarkt values and you can't give a fix number for your created players, who still got the good old system regarding Reputation + Stats = Value. I would have preferred the option to choose to get no Transfermarkt value before starting ML, especially for created teams
-Also Growth type : it's hidden too, but on the core engine so it's practically uneditable even on PC. Like there's 4 hidden stats, not even the Data Editor got access to it, it was greyed / already talked about it, but there's "covering", "kicking/passing technique" and two other i need to search on an old Whatsapp discussion.
Well i believe that it's only Myclub or online, otherwhise someone would have found them in the database, on the game. Probably calculated like a mix of value offline, that's what i believe... Ain't sure about it

-One last thing, you can see it on PC editor, but it's only necessary to settle every teams rivalries. Only created one or modified club.

Less interesting but if you want to read how it's done :
For example Man Utd/Man City is settled about how high the rivality is (high in that case) it's from high to low if i remember well.
I can make a screenshot from Ejogc PC editor and you will see it, or if someone want to do it.

It may be useful when you create a league you don't know or you're not really sure if two teams are rivals, or just from one side.
As i create J-League each year, i check the Japanese rivalries and add them. Sometimes it's only on one side, for example Yokahama FC got Yokahama F-Marinos as rivals, but Yokahama F-Marinos don't really care on their side : they will got nothing or "low" about the derby level.

@Anth James - Im slowly working my way up with all tactical manual adjustments and just played 3 matches against teams in which I removed all Long Ball experts and added few bits to other players. And its unreal how much difference does it make.
You can clearly feel it, coz after so many hours with Pes21 my muscle memory expects long ball constantly and they just dont happen. Its almost an uncomfortable feeling that something is "not right".😂
AI has a nice build up, they pass the ball backwards when pressed - it just flows really, really nicely.
And the best part is - the long balls still happen on occasions, so its not like we went from one extreme to another.
That was a brilliant idea and I thank you for it.

Last thing :

About Playing Styles, Inzaghi got perhaps less super high stats than some players, and you will often get offside (like the real one).
But i tried every CF with higher stats overall than him, i scored often lesser, or let's say less easier to just receive a pass and score than with Shevchenko or others complete strikers, the ones you can do everything with them, but they're not really better in front of goal or about very good positioning when he will receive a pass and through ball.

Because he just got stats were it's needed to score a lot + Playing style / CPU and special skills which fits completely with his stats set.
Focusing too much on OVR is okay when your roster got players pretty lookalike, but not for players with special super power lol like him.

Last edited:
@Anth James - Im slowly working my way up with all tactical manual adjustments and just played 3 matches against teams in which I removed all Long Ball experts and added few bits to other players. And its unreal how much difference does it make.
You can clearly feel it, coz after so many hours with Pes21 my muscle memory expects long ball constantly and they just dont happen. Its almost an uncomfortable feeling that something is "not right".😂
AI has a nice build up, they pass the ball backwards when pressed - it just flows really, really nicely.
And the best part is - the long balls still happen on occasions, so its not like we went from one extreme to another.
That was a brilliant idea and I thank you for it.
Great to hear. Haha I agree it feels strange as you keep expecting that long ball to come! I went through the entire db and removed it from all defenders, but I think I might also remove it from DMF’s as well.

Any play styles you recommend for other specific players/positions?

Great to hear. Haha I agree it feels strange as you keep expecting that long ball to come! I went through the entire db and removed it from all defenders, but I think I might also remove it from DMF’s as well.

Any play styles you recommend for other specific players/positions?
Thats what im doing. Removing it from all defenders, DMFs and even CMFs.
The difference really is huge!
As for other styles - im kinda going with the flow. Looking at the players and if I think he tends to do quick runs, dribble, or shoot from distance - im adding these traits to them if not already present.
Maze runner, long ranger and trickster are 3 main ones I use.
Pity there is nothing defence focused, like Aggressive Defender, so we could create couple of John Terrys there as well..

It's not an addon, pes 2021 is a full game. Just buy disc version
Cant find it anywhere it says only season update . No discversion here in Sweden at least.
I like e football 2023 but me and my friends miss the option to play a League or a cup offline while having a few beers

Cant find it anywhere it says only season update . No discversion here in Sweden at least.
I like e football 2023 but me and my friends miss the option to play a League or a cup offline while having a few beers

Its full name is "eFootball PES 2021 Season Update" it's basically pes 2020 with updated roster + latest patch. Maybe try used version on ebay ? Digital version has been taken off last year.

If already got it, use this option file to get latest season 22/23

https://evoweb.uk/threads/ps4-ps5-p...22-23-edition-world-cup-update-out-now.91380/

Last edited:
You must search something like this , basically this oneScreenshot_2022-12-10-17-41-48-918_com.android.chrome.jpg

It's impossible you can't find it in Sweden, even my country, which is a Third World Swamp, still does have physical copies.

Back
Top Bottom