eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Haha yeah... it's me :) I imagine you're still editing holsteil Kiel as we speak?
No such luck dude. I love 2021 gameplay but can't pinpoint which universe (or looneyverse in my case) to play in. I'm well jel of Emroth whose digging deep in changing gameplay styles etc. A purely fictional league (portway fleet, magnox utd, Ironbridge Town etc is tempting though.

No such luck dude. I love 2021 gameplay but can't pinpoint which universe (or looneyverse in my case) to play in. I'm well jel of Emroth whose digging deep in changing gameplay styles etc. A purely fictional league (portway fleet, magnox utd, Ironbridge Town etc is tempting though.
Oh that's a tough one...why not go full fictional (throw in RBC!) And only use legends as players? Are you on PC nowadays?

I finished my project and finally started ML with custom tactics and evey player play style done.
AI plays really well and varied up to the penalty area, but now the issue I have is that they quite often go for their usual "turn+shoot". I need to find a way to compress my centre defense and figure out how to block their shots effectively.

I finished my project and finally started ML with custom tactics and evey player play style done.
AI plays really well and varied up to the penalty area, but now the issue I have is that they quite often go for their usual "turn+shoot". I need to find a way to compress my centre defense and figure out how to block their shots effectively.
Regarding blocking their shots, since the new update which I’m loving btw (ps5) Defending took me a while to get use to. But blocking their shots I press X and a defender sticks out a leg or at times puts their body on the line. Even if they pass the ball X sticks out a leg to intercept which is a cool concept. Not sure if that was there before the update.

Regarding blocking their shots, since the new update which I’m loving btw (ps5) Defending took me a while to get use to. But blocking their shots I press X and a defender sticks out a leg or at times puts their body on the line. Even if they pass the ball X sticks out a leg to intercept which is a cool concept. Not sure if that was there before the update.
I think in my case its a mix of crap defenders in my created team, low team spirit and the fact that Im pressing bit too hard and ending up sticking to their backs. I shouldnt be doing that. I should keep my distance behind him, jockey/predict which way he'll turn and then block it with X. If you get stuck to their backs - its very easy for them to shake you off and shoot.

Which "new update", may i ask? PES 2021?

I think in my case its a mix of crap defenders in my created team, low team spirit and the fact that Im pressing bit too hard and ending up sticking to their backs. I shouldnt be doing that. I should keep my distance behind him, jockey/predict which way he'll turn and then block it with X. If you get stuck to their backs - its very easy for them to shake you off and shoot.
Was ready to tell you the same exactly. Push super cancel a lot, try to check to opponent, but keep a position of 1+ meter away, and just keep praying that the gravity field of the shielding animation of the CPU opponent, will not pull you and stick you in his back, and while he is shooting, get in the course and pray again for your defender to stick a leg.

It's 50% input and 50% belief in this case.... #PlayingIsBelieving was not completelly bad :)

Which "new update", may i ask? PES 2021?
Yeh mate, I was surprised at first as the game felt a bit different. Latest update on ps5 i think was on 2/11/22 so it’s been a month. The game defo feels different from before. The Ai are playing incredibly different which is great, mixing it up. I’ve seen so many different goals. Not just the usual ‘turn and shoot’. After editing all the teams and players play style, I’ve finally found a happy place with the game lol.

I often find that making up for a lack of good stats by playing physical (not too much sliding, a couple of late tackles and some of the refs will book you even when you win the ball) with tapping X lightly to bump them in non-dangerous situations to give away free kicks starts to have an impact that either the other team starts playing aggressively and often gets a bunch of cards or they play quick passing to avoid 50/50 situations which can put off their tendency to pass the ball often to players with their back to goal.

The algorithms for aggressive play by the AI is predominantly based upon whether there’s a rivalry and how rough you are playing. A few innocent but late tackles can result in them start playing dirty or shying away from tackles. If your team is shit, you can use it to your advantage against good teams/skillful players.

Also, for those of you finding the pitches look washed out and/or your created kit colors look too intense, change the brightness in the settings to 50 or lower. The calibration test where both logos are supposed to be invisible is flawed. For most people it seems to be about 70 to make the logos equal but the tests show on HDTVs that the setting needs to be 15-25 points lower than that. It’s not the same as reducing brightness in your tv, reducing the brightness in the game still keeps colors that need to be more luminous correctly displayed.

Guys, in your opinion, is the last patch on pes 21 better than any patch version of pes 20?

Is it better than the pes demo? Is it better than pes 20 vanilla?

Ive played a little of pes 21, bit still curious to hear your opinions.
demo/vanilla 1.0 PES 20 much better than PES 21 all versions

- best opponent AI

- More free game

- more variety of chances and goals

I was lucky to get my hands on a copy of pes 21 season update during Christmas. So now is my question which optionfile is the best ? I will play on ps5
It runs so much better on the PS5 and Series X, the responsiveness is better by some degree. Where I got frustrated on the XboxOne with the input delay, it disappeared for me on the Series X.

I play on PS4, then on Pro and there was already input lag disappearing.
Then if you play on PS5 and it's right, not for that game especially (perhaps it's the less obvious, in comparison to God of War)... But on basic PS4 vs PS5 there's a big difference regarding all related to things that needed to get faster, input lag in that case.

Perhaps that's one reason on the other thread i don't have responsiveness issue as i own a Pro and now a PS5 : it's more input lag than something else i strongly believe.

Then if you play on PS5 and it's right, not for that game especially (perhaps it's the less obvious, in comparison to God of War)... But on basic PS4 vs PS5 there's a big difference regarding all related to things that needed to get faster, input lag in that case.

Perhaps that's one reason on the other thread i don't have responsiveness issue as i own a Pro and now a PS5 : it's more input lag than something else i strongly believe.
I guess it must be the downside to such smooth animations. Although we probably still consider the XB1/PS4 pretty powerful pieces of hardware, PES 20/21 did raise the bar in terms of graphical quality for footy games with that level of animation smoothness. FIFA 21 onwards showed us beautiful graphics but the animations (especially after the intro of HyperMotion last year) are so bad that it’s 50% skating and 50% poor old school clay animation like Wallace and Gromit.

But is there also a (slight) difference between the pro and ps5 in your opinion?

But is there also a (slight) difference between the pro and ps5 in your opinion?
To be honest, i didn't played on PS5 with the comparison in mind. Just because the noise from the PRO is like a airplane while i run that game, so i could've support it any more. Before, i didn't took too much attention but now that i own a PS5... But i won't lie and say "yes it's smoother". Needs some retry. But the noise when there's too much "actions" or details on the screen start sometimes to increase that much, you're fearing to say RIP to your console.

It's not the case with many others games but PES 2021 makes suffering even a PRO and in 1080p not 4K, so i can't imagine on a classic version or PRO + 4K.
I wouldn't be surprised if the PS after some game would be transformed in a washing machine.

He is, i believe even on PS4 classic and ONE. Still i got a big noise in my 1080p screen (the one i edit on).
But now, removing the stuffs to enhance the image quality for 1080p to looks like 4k (sorry, don't remember the name, only on PRO) is toning down a bit that noise.

Last edited:
To be honest, i didn't played on PS5 with the comparison in mind. Just because the noise from the PRO is like a airplane while i run that game, so i could've support it any more. Before, i didn't took too much attention but now that i own a PS5... But i won't lie and say "yes it's smoother". Needs some retry. But the noise when there's too much "actions" or details on the screen start sometimes to increase that much, you're fearing to say RIP to your console.

It's not the case with many others games but PES 2021 makes suffering even a PRO and in 1080p not 4K, so i can't imagine on a classic version or PRO + 4K.
I wouldn't be surprised if the PS after some game would be transformed in a washing machine.
Indeed, the noise is a pain. It needs a deep clean every 2 weeks or so to keep the decibels just below the level of an annoyance. The load times and the noise are definitely things that keeps me away from PES when I am looking for a good way to relax after a long day.

I did however just take of the top off the pro. This does help, it won't reach airplane levels this way. I might look for a piece of high quality wood to replace it just to keep the dust out when not playing and make it more convenient to take it off each time. Maybe even modify it a bit, make a cutout for the fan so i only need to put that piece off while keeping the aesthetics intact.

is it possible to "remove" for myself this "automatic" tackle when you hold the button?So i like to have tackle only when pushing the button like its in Efootball 2023

He is, i believe even on PS4 classic and ONE. Still i got a big noise in my 1080p screen (the one i edit on).
But now, removing the stuffs to enhance the image quality for 1080p to looks like 4k (sorry, don't remember the name, only on PRO) is toning down a bit that noise.
I am on PS4 pro, a lot of noise too for every PES from 2019 and onwards. The FIFAs pre 2020 and PES 2017-2018 play without any noise. I am on 1080p btw, no 4K mambo jambo.

While i usually play at nights, when family is sleeping, on summer it is more bareable, cause windows are open, there is activity outside till late night, AC working.

But on winter the fan sound is impossible to endure, even at 22:00. And i opened recently the console for a deep clean, without any significant change.

What i noticed recently, while editing, when i am on edit player mode and scrolling to players, the HDD does some lot sound, like the head reader is scratching the magnetic disc. It reminds me the sound of my old disc on my Pentium III PC.

Last edited:
I'm on the exact same situation. Deep Clean in my case helped a bit but not pretty long like 4 days lol, already said but on a PRO 1080p.
I get used to it until i stopped to play months on it, then restarted.

Well in Edit mode it's acceptable, but when you launch a match, the console start to turning faster and the noise increase like a centrifugal fan you put on max. Then it's decreasing, and increasing etc. it's not constant.
But i didn't remember having it at the launch of each games (19-20-21) or just i was used too. Official patches and all could be a problem.

Also, i've got to notice than there's not that much difference in digital or physical : got 2020 in digital and 2021 in digital. I tried both and the support doesn't seems to have to do with. It's not the noise of a DVD-BluRay turning too fast, but the console aeration going in full mode.

Hi, old feller here. Playing it since 1998! PS1 ! But
I recently got a Xbox Series X from my wife. I can't really find the information. Is it possible to install patches on the Series X for PES 2021 ? I have an old patch (with kits...) on the PS4 Pro. But I would like to play it on the Xbox Series X. And if yes, where do I find the best patches for it ? For Xbox Series X and also for PS4 Pro ? Thank you and greetings !

Back
Top Bottom