eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I've gone back to playing pes2021 on pS4 over last sixth months and it's been really enjoyable.

But last two weeks (no updates in this time) the gameplay (bizarrely only in the evening/night) just becomes to buggy - super fast and ai super aggressive. Animations too quick and making weird things happen, balls bouncing all over the place. AI booting passes at own players. My passes going wrong direction. Just generally chaos and looks and feels crap.

Yet if I play in the morning or afternoon it's fine. So weird.

Tried changing time on pS4 - kept internet off etc nothing changes it. It's ruining the game for me as I like to play mainly in the eve as work 9-5.

I might start a new master league could solve it.

Utterly bizarre and feel like I'm going mad as it doesn't make sense. But I've tested this so often now - it's real. The pace is obvious for a start. I play -1 and when it's bugged and going fast I've changed it to -2 and it still looks quite quick - well it looks like normal -1. If gameplay is normal in the morning and I put it to -2 the game looks really really slow.

So frustrating.
It’s not just you mate, I think we all get that mad evening/night experience with the game. The first time I thought somebody must have slipped me an edible it was so bizarre but I got used to it in the end and switching to a different mode (I have an international league with England, a World Cup, etc.) seems to work for me on the Series X but I tried it too on the PS4 and it definitely pops up there too.

Still, best game we can play at the moment though from the modern era so I can overlook it. Going full manual after years of all manual but lowest pass assist was a steep learning curve for me and has given me a good challenge.

There's some which didn't played it because they through it was the same gameplay as PES 2020.
But far from it, especially patches after patches. Yes, same visuals but more animations, same commands, but different balance, algorithm, AI (especially the 3 latest patch)
But i got bad experience with every single PES or PS3 FIFA games during some time, even PES 5... The only exception was PES 1 but it was so balanced, fresh as a new PS2 game (even if it was far from what a PS2 could do), i got fun all the year. And now even more with WE5FE with some animations in more you can found in WE6 etc. and rosters updated.
I never put it on a top, as it was too "special" for the time.

But i put after retrying every PES PS4 and a long time without playing PES 2021 as the most complete PES Fox in terms of variation, algorithms, gameplay, animations, stats representations, ball physics, balance, overall players physicality etc. etc. also i don't remember who said it's easy to score from Free Kicks, but i got very hard on that version and i remember i never got hard to score in any PES from ISS Pro Evo to PES 2018 😅 The shittiest thing about Free kick bring on PES 2014 was the little points to show where to aim your shoot.

I didn't found it easier than the basic F.K. system : even if i scored some easy goal on some versions (2015 i think it was finger in the noose, power bar was less important), it was a bit confusing regarding the bar power + "the line" of shooting. I really hated that system at first, then i've dealed with it on PES 2017 for example, it took me time to pass over the thing i didn't really liked and stop focus on it, deal with, to appreciate the rest.

The only thing that, even if it bring more possibilities to restart, change directions directly etc., i still don't like is the Right analog VS R2 dribbling. But thinkin about it, i didn't found a way to keep R2 dribbling while moving with L1 dribbling in the same time.

Last edited:
After a very short attempt at FIFA 23 I loaded up my PES21 ML.

It has its flaws this game but it is light years, IMO, ahead of FIFA in depicting 'a game of football'.

I play full manual and the scope of things you can pull off is beyond FIFA capabilities. Even last night, I scored a goal I've not seen before. I angled a 'hopeful' cross towards the box, my winger steamed in and won the header which dropped to my striker and he swept it home. It was a joy to score & came out of nothing.

I'm in season 8 of ML, just moved to Dortmund after 7 years at Milan. I've made them a new kit - something else I love to tinker with - and yes, 'reborn' players are now regular, but I had so much fun last night, with my 20 year-old, 84 rated Robben, that I can look past that.

In a way, it is sad that my only choice is to now stick with this game but at my age, the fact I don't play as often as I used to, I'm just looking for something to 'scratch the itch' for a few hours over the weekend and this game does that.

It’s not just you mate, I think we all get that mad evening/night experience with the game. The first time I thought somebody must have slipped me an edible it was so bizarre but I got used to it in the end and switching to a different mode (I have an international league with England, a World Cup, etc.) seems to work for me on the Series X but I tried it too on the PS4 and it definitely pops up there too.

Still, best game we can play at the moment though from the modern era so I can overlook it. Going full manual after years of all manual but lowest pass assist was a steep learning curve for me and has given me a good challenge.
The different perception about game speed is a fascinating thing and - as i found out in a lot of comparisons - completely depending on your personal condition (sleep, tired eyes etc.).

The different perception about game speed is a fascinating thing and - as i found out in a lot of comparisons - completely depending on your personal condition (sleep, tired eyes etc.).
It’s a dificult subject to discuss. Still, perception is a thing, but then I should have diferent perception no matter what time of day it is. I’ve been tired at noon, and I’ve been tired at night. Still, at noon the matches were slightly slower than at night, no matter how tired/rested I was.
I always got this feeling, and if other players are mentioning the same, then there must bee something else, not just perception.

It’s a dificult subject to discuss. Still, perception is a thing, but then I should have diferent perception no matter what time of day it is. I’ve been tired at noon, and I’ve been tired at night. Still, at noon the matches were slightly slower than at night, no matter how tired/rested I was.
I always got this feeling, and if other players are mentioning the same, then there must bee something else, not just perception.

This happens to me with such consistency and predictability that at times I wonder if its programmed into the game.

The only way to tell is to fire up the game at 11pm in the UK, see it playing too fast...and then hop into a fighter jet, while keeping the ps4 pro powered by generator and then fly to California where it'll still be afternoon.

If it still plays fast there, then it's me. If it switches back to normal speed in California, konami are fucking with us.

Ahahah that would be something.
Might sound stupid, but maybe I’ll film a session in the morning and another at night... It’s not so much about speed, but more about the CPU pace and agression throughout the match. I’m sure there’s a a noticeable diference when it kicks in.

is there any possible way to play PES2021 online with friends on ps4? IDK why they had to shut down the servers..... I can't with this dream team fiasco on efootball, it's just too horrible.

What's everyone's favourite difficulty for balanced matches and gameplay? Currently on superstar but thinking possibly top player might be better.

What's everyone's favourite difficulty for balanced matches and gameplay? Currently on superstar but thinking possibly top player might be better.
I’ve recently changed from superstar PA1 to top player PA0. Good stats and it doesn’t cheat as much. Still some moments are weird or scripted, but there’s more balance and some player stats are more noticeable.

I’ve recently changed from superstar PA1 to top player PA0. Good stats and it doesn’t cheat as much. Still some moments are weird or scripted, but there’s more balance and some player stats are more noticeable.
In regards to stats /player stats, what do you mean mate? Players play better in accordance to their stats? For example jorginho being good at passing, you see more of it on top player?

In regards to stats /player stats, what do you mean mate? Players play better in accordance to their stats? For example jorginho being good at passing, you see more of it on top player?
Because I'm playing on manual, we can argue that stats don´t matter as much, wich is almost true. But still, some players do have that special touch, driblling, header or tackling. Regarding match stats, it's a bit more dificult to create chances because of manual, so shot stats and passing % gets a bit more realistic and balanced. It´s not perfect, but better than on Superstar, specially because CPU is way more effective on a harder level.

Because I'm playing on manual, we can argue that stats don´t matter as much, wich is almost true. But still, some players do have that special touch, driblling, header or tackling. Regarding match stats, it's a bit more dificult to create chances because of manual, so shot stats and passing % gets a bit more realistic and balanced. It´s not perfect, but better than on Superstar, specially because CPU is way more effective on a harder level.
Thank you pal. I'll start my league on top player rather than superstar in that case as I want the best and most realistic setting for my league games. I have played over 2000 games so it is still good to see things that you haven't noticed before, sometimes I see touches that players do which I haven't seen before

What camera settings do people prefer?

5-0-10 was a game changer for me in terms of getting close to a tv broadcast but playable. PES 2021 needs all the help it can get on the atmosphere front so getting the crowd in most of the gameplay helped with that incredibly.

Also, for those of you who don't play with patches (Xbox esp.) turning on the badges for both sleeves adds another little element of realism because obviously you cant see what's on the badge 99.9% of the time but during gameplay it just makes the uniforms look less dour with the lack of sponsor.

What camera settings do people prefer?

5-0-10 was a game changer for me in terms of getting close to a tv broadcast but playable. PES 2021 needs all the help it can get on the atmosphere front so getting the crowd in most of the gameplay helped with that incredibly.

Also, for those of you who don't play with patches (Xbox esp.) turning on the badges for both sleeves adds another little element of realism because obviously you cant see what's on the badge 99.9% of the time but during gameplay it just makes the uniforms look less dour with the lack of sponsor.
I use Pitch Side , (it's already good by default in my taste) with 0-3-0 settings. It is almost identical to PS1/PS2 era Broadcast camera, which i was a fan, i assume most people used wide back then.

Side Notes:

1) Game looks better to watch in that new 2020 Stadium Camera, but i can't for any reason , play with any angle in my camera. If i could, i would use that Stadium camera for sure.

2) The 3 in my setting ( 0 - 3 - 0 ) is a product of long research. It is very crucial, cause if you get past 3, even in 4 the camera changes angle to verical height, but the difference in angle is so big, that it creates a big depth in the far side of the pitch, so high that i can't evaluate balls distance from the ground, while in the air. From 3 and below, th far side becomes very shallow/narrow and flat that you can't again evaluate the ball height

3) That's how game looks in match with my setting.

cam.jpg

The only drawbacks i've spotted, one legacy that it doesn't look so attractive as cameras with angles , when you re-watch the match video.

Two others, which i do not know if they do exist in other settings:

1) The camera has 3 fundamental positions from where it adjusts, 1 in the middle and 2 in each attacking/defensive third of the pitch.

So an example, when you are in your defense and you play a long ball to the middle, the camera starts moving verically to the middle, as it is on trails. If the opponent intercepts your pass, and pass again long for a quick counter, the camera starts moving back, but it looses the ball for some seconds, not for long, but some times it is crucial.

The same applies if you start a counter and you pass from defense to midfield, and then you decide to one-touch pass again behind, from the AMF to CB. It again moves back and forth, or better forth and back, having you to wait for less than a second, but crucial time if an opponent FW applies pressure to you.

Basically it is like the camera has 3 stable positions. 1/3 , midfield, and 3/3. Sometimes it hesitates to change position. A good example of what i say is here. Check video below , timestamp: 03:38

This camera hesitation here, costed me a bad GK exit (combined with bad game controlls switch) and a promotion to Champions League top-8.

2) Second draw back, that i am not sure if it applies again in other camera settings, again in crucial changes from 1/3 to another third, if there is a 50-50 battle challenge, and the ball bounces free, the camera due to general bad AI awareness, does n't know if to move forward or backwards, so it shakes.trembles for some miliseconds again back and forth.

No gamebreaking issues, just details. :)

I use Pitch Side , (it's already good by default in my taste) with 0-3-0 settings. It is almost identical to PS1/PS2 era Broadcast camera, which i was a fan, i assume most people used wide back then.

Side Notes:

1) Game looks better to watch in that new 2020 Stadium Camera, but i can't for any reason , play with any angle in my camera. If i could, i would use that Stadium camera for sure.

2) The 3 in my setting ( 0 - 3 - 0 ) is a product of long research. It is very crucial, cause if you get past 3, even in 4 the camera changes angle to verical height, but the difference in angle is so big, that it creates a big depth in the far side of the pitch, so high that i can't evaluate balls distance from the ground, while in the air. From 3 and below, th far side becomes very shallow/narrow and flat that you can't again evaluate the ball height

3) That's how game looks in match with my setting.

View attachment 182181

The only drawbacks i've spotted, one legacy that it doesn't look so attractive as cameras with angles , when you re-watch the match video.

Two others, which i do not know if they do exist in other settings:

1) The camera has 3 fundamental positions from where it adjusts, 1 in the middle and 2 in each attacking/defensive third of the pitch.

So an example, when you are in your defense and you play a long ball to the middle, the camera starts moving verically to the middle, as it is on trails. If the opponent intercepts your pass, and pass again long for a quick counter, the camera starts moving back, but it looses the ball for some seconds, not for long, but some times it is crucial.

The same applies if you start a counter and you pass from defense to midfield, and then you decide to one-touch pass again behind, from the AMF to CB. It again moves back and forth, or better forth and back, having you to wait for less than a second, but crucial time if an opponent FW applies pressure to you.

Basically it is like the camera has 3 stable positions. 1/3 , midfield, and 3/3. Sometimes it hesitates to change position. A good example of what i say is here. Check video below , timestamp: 03:38

This camera hesitation here, costed me a bad GK exit (combined with bad game controlls switch) and a promotion to Champions League top-8.

2) Second draw back, that i am not sure if it applies again in other camera settings, again in crucial changes from 1/3 to another third, if there is a 50-50 battle challenge, and the ball bounces free, the camera due to general bad AI awareness, does n't know if to move forward or backwards, so it shakes.trembles for some miliseconds again back and forth.

No gamebreaking issues, just details. :)
What sound and brightness settings do you use out of interest? If playing on console.

I’m happy to see this thread brought back to life. It deserves it as this was the last attempt at football simulation.

Regarding FUMA, it’s an old discussion, but my personal feeling is that although it opens up new animations and scenarios, it ignores players’ stats which contradicts what I look for in a simulation. In the end, it’s a personal preference.

I’m happy to see this thread brought back to life. It deserves it as this was the last attempt at football simulation.

Regarding FUMA, it’s an old discussion, but my personal feeling is that although it opens up new animations and scenarios, it ignores players’ stats which contradicts what I look for in a simulation. In the end, it’s a personal preference.
Yeah, I've been playing back and forward with FUMA. Played a couple seasons on it, than changed for PA1 and even tried PA2 and PA3 on Superstar.

What I noticed is that on Superstar, the game became too scripted sometimes, to compensate for the assistance on passing and shooting. Also, after a couple seasons, it became a bit boring, because it was a bit easy to play tiki taka, and the majority of the shots were on target. It didn´t translate on many more goals though, because the game tries to compensate with weird awereness and sometimes really frustrating things like supersaves from the CPU GK's, overpowered CPU players even if they were rated 65 ish, etc. It became more frsutrating than pleasing.

I'm now on Top Player with FUMA. Stats are not perfectly represented because of the lack of assistance on passing for example, but I do notice that some stats are important. the ball trajectory is somewhat corrected, depending on the player you're controling. What most people seem to neglect, is that stats not only affect the ball accuracy in a pass, or a shot... Actuallly, it affects the outcome. Seriously!

If you use a weaker player to shoot on target, you might get it right, but the stats affect wether the ball goes in or not. If you take the exact same shot with the likes of Messi or Ronaldo, you might feel that you did the exact same thing on shot power and direction, but the chances of scoring are much higher. is this a realistic approach? Maybe, maybe not, but it's a easiear way to program the game I guess, and still maintain a certain importance in stats when playing FUMA.

Another way to explain it: take for example, an oportunity of a long shot, you time it perfectly, the direction on the controller is great and the power is spot on. Now the stats kick in, and it's kind of a average between how good your player is VS how good the goalkeeper is. Again, take this with a player with 65 on shooting accuracy, against a 80 GK, most likely the ball won´t go in. But take it with a player with 90 accuracy, "long shot" trait, agains the same goalkeeper, and chances are the ball goes in. It wasn´t just your input that made the diference, but stats played a major role here. Same goes for passing.

What sound and brightness settings do you use out of interest? If playing on console.
Playing on PS4pro. Brightness/contrast, i think something close to default,35-35, 40-40, or 45-45. I have some glaring issues especially with blue colour kits in sunlight.

I do not follow the guide that exists in game, with the balls and the PES logo, that says adjust untill you don't see them, cause the result was very noir. It was like a movie of 1930. It think in a better TV screen, it may work properly.

To be honest here, the result depends a lot on the TV or monitor you play .

I have 2 mediocre TVs, but in each of them, the same settings produce different results.

Also in my main TV, SONY Bravia Smart tv, i have it set in "Video Game" mode, when in the HDMI input that i have my PS4 pro plugged in. It's very different regarding contrast and brightness, much worse than the other modes i would say, normal TV, cinema, sports, etc, but it's supposed to have the least input lag.

But as I said it varies from TV to TV. For example when i used the "Cinema" mode in Sony Bravia, everything was perfect, colours, lighting, brightness, but it had a lot of ghosting in the graphics , at least in the usual distance i am sitting while playing PS4.

I assume if i could sit 5 meters away of the screen, like a cinema, it would be better, but i dont have so large living room, and i cant play video games, from such big distances, like watching a movie.

For the sound, i use the default settings , i only change to Greek commentary language.

If you watched my video and noticed something sound wise, FYI when i create videos in filmaker on PS4, i boost the Video Volume to 200%, cause since PES 2019, at least for Greek commentary, the sound balance is very bad, regarding commentary, stadium sounds, music, effects, etc.

Last edited:
Is there an option file out and about to update PES 2021 to current squads? And is it something one can do on PS5? I had a game last night after a long break and it was a blast, blew my recent eFootball games out of the water. I want some more of that and with current squads the only thing I would miss is the... Hard-Stunning-swift-whatever the hell it's called modifier (that makes the power bar blue).

Is there an option file out and about to update PES 2021 to current squads? And is it something one can do on PS5? I had a game last night after a long break and it was a blast, blew my recent eFootball games out of the water. I want some more of that and with current squads the only thing I would miss is the... Hard-Stunning-swift-whatever the hell it's called modifier (that makes the power bar blue).
There is Kimi's Option File here in the PES Editing Secction. it has the new rosters:

https://evoweb.uk/threads/ps4-pc-kimi85-of-new-season-22-23-edition-out-now.91380/

I'm sure this has been answered before but is there no weather other than fine/sunny/clear in ML?
What platform are playing on?

There are all type of weather conditions in a ML. Sunny, rain, snow. At least in PS4. But i am pretty sure it's like this on every platform.

The only "issue" is that rain and snow graphics, both in 2020 and 2021 are somehow in a SNES level.

In the pre-match screen, if you go to STADIUM tab, you can choose the weather, the season is locked to Summer/Winter according to your ML calendar, and you can pick among 3 or 4 conditions, if summer/fine, cloudy with rain, rainy, if winter/fine, couly with rain, rainy & snow.

If i understand the question correct, you play always with fine weather? If yes, go to exhibition mode and check if you have set weather to random, maybe it is set to summer/fine and it bugs your ML weather.

Last edited:
hey fellas im need in desperate need of a footy fix ,is there anyobody that can honestly tell me if there is much difference in AI individuality between pes20 pes21, also is there much difference between a good passer and bad passer when your in control as well between 20 and 21

hey fellas im need in desperate need of a footy fix ,is there anyobody that can honestly tell me if there is much difference in AI individuality between pes20 pes21, also is there much difference between a good passer and bad passer when your in control as well between 20 and 21
I don't intend to disappoint you, but if you want to discuss about AI individuality, the recent games are not the best example for this subject.

We must go back before PES 2019, in order the AI individuality to matter.

And take this by someone, that i still play my 2020 and 2021 MLs for the last 3 & 2 years.

As for comparison, i am not the most appropriate to give suggestions, cause i like more 2020 than 2021.

Keeping it objective, the passing and the ball physics are almost identical in both games, i play in PA1, a little bit improved in 2021. The difference is in 2021 they are intercepted more easily, due to increased responisiveness, or bad awareness in 2020, pick your side.

Also in manual in 2021 it applies more curle in passes, lomg amd short, by L2 manual modifier, or in FuMa as i can notice by videos of Fuma guys.

Since the reasons i like PES 2020 are very personal and situational, i would say go with the flow and pick PES 2021.

Playing on PS4pro. Brightness/contrast, i think something close to default,35-35, 40-40, or 45-45. I have some glaring issues especially with blue colour kits in sunlight.

I do not follow the guide that exists in game, with the balls and the PES logo, that says adjust untill you don't see them, cause the result was very noir. It was like a movie of 1930. It think in a better TV screen, it may work properly.

To be honest here, the result depends a lot on the TV or monitor you play .

I have 2 mediocre TVs, but in each of them, the same settings produce different results.

Also in my main TV, SONY Bravia Smart tv, i have it set in "Video Game" mode, when in the HDMI input that i have my PS4 pro plugged in. It's very different regarding contrast and brightness, much worse than the other modes i would say, normal TV, cinema, sports, etc, but it's supposed to have the least input lag.

But as I said it varies from TV to TV. For example when i used the "Cinema" mode in Sony Bravia, everything was perfect, colours, lighting, brightness, but it had a lot of ghosting in the graphics , at least in the usual distance i am sitting while playing PS4.

I assume if i could sit 5 meters away of the screen, like a cinema, it would be better, but i dont have so large living room, and i cant play video games, from such big distances, like watching a movie.

For the sound, i use the default settings , i only change to Greek commentary language.

If you watched my video and noticed something sound wise, FYI when i create videos in filmaker on PS4, i boost the Video Volume to 200%, cause since PES 2019, at least for Greek commentary, the sound balance is very bad, regarding commentary, stadium sounds, music, effects, etc.
Thank you for the information mate. I just stick everything on default and it still looks really good even though it's a PS4 game on the ps5. I'm using 55 inch LG TV which is quite good but not in game mode but still looks decent. Graphically at times it's better than FIFA 23 especially the player models

Not sure if anyone can help. Players like Trent Alexander at Liverpool for example... Anyway we can edit their hair? It's looked and I'm assuming it's because they're at a licenced club on the game. Cut the latest transfers an option files done but I would like to update some of the players looks

Back
Top Bottom