eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I stuck at DP2 for many months because it was as good fun as I'd had on PES, probably ever. I didn't want to risk updating in case they ruined it with later patches. Then one day, I had to connect my PS4 to the internet so, as usual, immediately cancelled the PES update from downloading, but a few minutes later, to my horror, the message popped up that the download for DP7 had finished and that was it, DP2 gone forever. It must have started downloading again in the background without me knowing. I was, and still am, genuinely gutted - they did indeed ruin it. Going back to vanilla is no better.
That is very sad to read. :(. The only reason i play vanille above dp7 is that physicality is destroyed @t dp7. It feels to ramdom when I loose the ball.

Yeah. Do that. Give him candy. Or cake. But give it a try!

That is very sad to read. :(. The only reason i play vanille above dp7 is that physicality is destroyed @t dp7. It feels to ramdom when I loose the ball.
Hi
So I've been playing vanilla for a few days and love it. Definitely less stupid collisions and annoying free kicks against. Shooting feels better somehow and had a lot more goalmouth scrambles , the gameplay just feels more exciting.
Soon I will try a new master league to see how that gameplay goes. Been playing pro with Aberdeen in Scottish League so far as less team tactics to alter.

Hi
So I've been playing vanilla for a few days and love it. Definitely less stupid collisions and annoying free kicks against. Shooting feels better somehow and had a lot more goalmouth scrambles , the gameplay just feels more exciting.
Soon I will try a new master league to see how that gameplay goes. Been playing pro with Aberdeen in Scottish League so far as less team tactics to alter.
378ED638-EA1F-4874-8039-93BEF7B041E2.gif

After returning full-time back to PES 2021 after flirting with FIFA 22 for a bit, I'm still of the opinion that PES 2021 has the best ball physics of any football game ever and the user/cpu player error in passing/shooting, etc. is the closest to reality you could get. F***ing around with the sliders in FIFA 22 makes you appreciate how beautiful the fixed settings for those artributes are in PES 2021. Not having to tinker with anything (literally after every small update with FIFA 22) and being able to play without the game suddenly being 3x as fast/slow as the last time you played it, the entire AI seems different, etc. is a luxury. I've been updating all of the transfers maually ever since the final update on PES 2021 because I had a feeling the way both titles were headed, that I'd probably still be playing PES 2021 way into 2023.

Same as @TheWolf , i really think it's the pinnacle of the PS4 era. Whatever people think about CPU AI etc., or they told that the game is "stiff" (personnally i LOVE players physics overall in that game, stats feeling too as i edited and tried)
I'm sure don't have the same expectation as others people. I got a CPU which is hard to beat, i feel the errors i made when i get a goal after the replay. That's enough.
It's like PES 2014 engine, which make a step on 2014 to fully (?) reach the FOX potential, with even adding some stuffs like Balance, Tight Possession, Agression. When you play more than 5 games, you understand how game/player likenesses changing it is.
From what i see : not a single patch reaches the vanilla last official patch from that game. Perhaps there's more animations i don't know, but gameplay talking modders are good for graphics, but sorry they don't know the game enough in every single small aspect to changes stuffs > which result to another annoying gameplay issue/for what they considers as a gameplay issue... Taste...

Only big issue i got with that game as an editor very precise and kinda obsessed by perfection... There's WAY too much teams.
I plan to update the game after my PES 2008 patch with USL teams on Others America, for PS4 manually but it will be from the 21-22 summers transfers season. And another one but which offers more possibility so i forgive : R2 to RStick switch.

I was correcting the fakes teams new players, but got enough of editing PES 20 to 21 (same stuff) 2 years a row. I was about to became crazy, no joke.
Now that i took a break it's like something new when i check on PES 2021 to edit / not playing. And i really feel at the first sigh and small gamepad touches that this is the game i was waiting for.

So i took a break an brough a PS2, and currently editing PES 2008, the best PS2 version out to me with WE9, WE9LE, JL2007 (also JL2008 but impossible to edit... And i really think for PS2, it's the very very best game : PES 2008 with some corrections)
Sorry for the PS2 O.T.

Same as @TheWolf , i really think it's the pinnacle of the PS4 era. Whatever people think about CPU AI etc., or they told that the game is "stiff" (personnally i LOVE players physics overall in that game, stats feeling too as i edited and tried)
I'm sure don't have the same expectation as others people. I got a CPU which is hard to beat, i feel the errors i made when i get a goal after the replay. That's enough.
It's like PES 2014 engine, which make a step on 2014 to fully (?) reach the FOX potential, with even adding some stuffs like Balance, Tight Possession, Agression. When you play more than 5 games, you understand how game/player likenesses changing it is.
From what i see : not a single patch reaches the vanilla last official patch from that game. Perhaps there's more animations i don't know, but gameplay talking modders are good for graphics, but sorry they don't know the game enough in every single small aspect to changes stuffs > which result to another annoying gameplay issue/for what they considers as a gameplay issue... Taste...

Only big issue i got with that game as an editor very precise and kinda obsessed by perfection... There's WAY too much teams.
I plan to update the game after my PES 2008 patch with USL teams on Others America, for PS4 manually but it will be from the 21-22 summers transfers season. And another one but which offers more possibility so i forgive : R2 to RStick switch.

I was correcting the fakes teams new players, but got enough of editing PES 20 to 21 (same stuff) 2 years a row. I was about to became crazy, no joke.
Now that i took a break it's like something new when i check on PES 2021 to edit / not playing. And i really feel at the first sigh and small gamepad touches that this is the game i was waiting for.

So i took a break an brough a PS2, and currently editing PES 2008, the best PS2 version out to me with WE9, WE9LE, JL2007 (also JL2008 but impossible to edit... And i really think for PS2, it's the very very best game : PES 2008 with some corrections)
Sorry for the PS2 O.T.
Totally agree, my 2008 ps2 ml with Dortmund will stay with me forever, Frei, Smolarek, and an edited me on the RW. Happy days. As a keen editor I know how addictive it can be.

The problem going back to pes 21 is that it feels nice for about 10 games then the novelty wears off , the massive gaps appear in midfield and the AI repetiveness kicks in and its the same patterns of attack over and over
Yup. I was streaming it last night and it was a lot of fun for the first few games but the handicap switch kicks in after about 5 games and suddenly, everything feels totally different inexplicably.

It says a lot about a game and it's corruption when many people corroborate the only way to fix it is to close the game down and reboot your entire PC. It's absurdity of the highest royal order, but it seems to be the only solution!

So I'm now playing SS constantly now and it's not really that much of a challenge anymore. What difficulty do you guys play? In terms of difficulty but also realism by the Ai

I play on Legend, full FUMA. It took a while to adapt but really enjoy it and its a challenge. Full manual is a joy once you get your head around it, especially some of the passes you can pull off.

So I'm now playing SS constantly now and it's not really that much of a challenge anymore. What difficulty do you guys play? In terms of difficulty but also realism by the Ai
I play on SS. Sometimes i am far superior, especially with better teams, but sometimes also, the less inferior teams, play like prime Barcelona, so i think it brings some balance to my experience. Not the most realistic thing in the world, but it is what it is.

Here is my biggest gift to PES community. I finally captured the poltergeist of scripting. Watch it before they remove it!!!!111..

Ok, jokes aside,many people usually debate if scripting/handicap/manipulation exists, and we usually arguing about the etymology and meaning of word scripting, but in the meantime, describing the same thing.

Here is a little manipulation moment by the CPU, from that little manipulation moments that happen in game, where the AI must win no matter what.

Those staff happen too often in ML, in Superstar and Legend difficulty, but what's the ugly about them? It is that they defy the decent physics and inertia the game has by default, and obvious in exhibition mode, producing some ugly canned and repeatitive animations.

Here is my biggest gift to PES community. I finally captured the poltergeist of scripting. Watch it before they remove it!!!!111..

Ok, jokes aside,many people usually debate if scripting/handicap/manipulation exists, and we usually arguing about the etymology and meaning of word scripting, but in the meantime, describing the same thing.

Here is a little manipulation moment by the CPU, from that little manipulation moments that happen in game, where the AI must win no matter what.

Those staff happen too often in ML, in Superstar and Legend difficulty, but what's the ugly about them? It is that they defy the decent physics and inertia the game has by default, and obvious in exhibition mode, producing some ugly canned and repeatitive animations.

Sorry but for that to be even a hint of evidence of scripting you need something akin to a control. Show the video of that same situation in a "non-scripted" scenario, if you can prove that the game has the animation and AI capacity for the player to be able to run onto that ball at full speed without any slow down, then you might be able to make the case that it's due to scripting, otherwise the simpler explanation is just bad coding, as it always is in these supposed "smoking gun" videos. This is just basic reasoning 101

Sorry but for that to be even a hint of evidence of scripting you need something akin to a control. Show the video of that same situation in a "non-scripted" scenario, if you can prove that the game has the animation and AI capacity for the player to be able to run onto that ball at full speed without any slow down, then you might be able to make the case that it's due to scripting, otherwise the simpler explanation is just bad coding, as it always is in these supposed "smoking gun" videos. This is just basic reasoning 101
The other game does the same. Lowering sprint speed when „it’s needed“ all the time. Don’t get me started on the upping AI skills once you are in front 1 or 2 goals…

@slamsoze you didn’t use SC, right?! Just wanna know… it should be a fair run for the ball with and without the use of SC, imo!

I will search a video and show you..

But mate, the player starts running from behind, and bursts outrunning the defender, and then suddenly, while the running animation is still playing, the player doesn't advance in th field, letting the CPU get the ball.

I mean, in my eyes, it is 100% clear that my players would get first to the ball. If the defender would catch me up, once i had the ball, this is a big possibility, but winning me in the 50-50 i call it scripting, it doesn't make sense.

And to give you some control akin context. Since like all of us here, i have 25 years experience with PES and especially 2021, i am playing it for almost 1 year and 8 months, so again i feel i have some type of experience.

So , in control input, right after i make the lobbed through ball, i start running with the WF player, with super cancel. Not only with R1 sprint.

Because by experience, i know that the bad coding (as you mentioned) and the bad awareness, would not allow me from the beginning, to execute this run. If i tried to run, with only the R1 (sprint button), the game would make my player start latter his running, and he would run in a canned trajectory, so the defender would outrun me from the very beginning.

But by starting sprinting with Super Cancel, i firstly, wake up my player, and run supposedly free.

And since the Machine sees that i won it, it manulipilates the sprint, doing this Scooby Doo animation, player body running but not moving/advancing in space.

And i can't understand this different wording. Scripting is of course BAD coding. And when it happens without disguise, it is just VERY BaD CODING.

And that situation is the only part i cannot intervent, cause it happens between input and output.

The other game does the same. Lowering sprint speed when „it’s needed“ all the time. Don’t get me started on the upping AI skills once you are in front 1 or 2 goals…

@slamsoze you didn’t use SC, right?! Just wanna know… it should be a fair run for the ball with and without the use of SC, imo!
I used SuperCancel, from the very beginning mate :)

As i explained previously , the sprint would not even happen like this, without SuperCancel.

And just to conclude, not that it says a lot. Everyone for sure has thousands of that situations, just for the whole picture.

Those staff happened, in this game.
IMG_20220815_133519.jpg

The almighty Pomferradina (with much respect), bottom team of the table. Their GK, mr Leroy, played as world class shaolin, saving in the line, crazy cutback tap-in shots.

And if we assume it is bad coding per se, why isn't it random, but happens constantly against the human player and in favour of the CPU, at least 9 of 10 times?

And by coincidence, always accompanied with invisible walls, Scooby Doo animations, teammates that hide or move to wrong directions, or other crazy staff, that happens almost exclusively against human player.

If it was bad coding, i would expect it to be more "random".

That's common sense 101..

Last edited:
In my spare time I’ve been updating the rosters on my Series X and it’s quite amazing how different some of the teams are playing with the changes. All of a sudden Man City are playing more high balls towards Haaland and balls to his feet where he muscles defenders out of the way whereas before City played very few offensive passes that forced a 1v1 situation, it was more tika-taka.

In my spare time I’ve been updating the rosters on my Series X and it’s quite amazing how different some of the teams are playing with the changes. All of a sudden Man City are playing more high balls towards Haaland and balls to his feet where he muscles defenders out of the way whereas before City played very few offensive passes that forced a 1v1 situation, it was more tika-taka.

Ah, I have this on series x as well and have been doing the same....because, no option files for us.

Although it's an absolute chore - I do find there's quite a unique satisfaction to discovering things like this

Despite i am on PS4, i don't use OFs either, by now. Just updating transfers by myself.

I am doing this , since the PES6 days, and i always find interesting the new diversity to most teams, IE 5* teams becoming 4,5* cause the new signings have the past seasons stats. Like Atletico Madrid, Morata is back by now, Suarez went back to Uruguay, and they signed Lino, a 21 yo average player from Gil Vicente.

I find it interesting, how they de-form and form, after the signings are settling up.

This is one of the things Konami did well.
Since it has sackings for CPU managers, teams and tactics change.
If playing multiple seasons you'll see changes in the top 3-4 block.

I had Juventus being unbeatable season 1 and Milan being 5th to having Milan being a top 2 team and Juventus 3rd-5th place the following 3-4 seasons.

Hi, can someone recommend an option file (incl. Bundesliga) for PS4/PS5 at the moment?

There is plenty of stuff in the editing section, but it it seems it is compiled for PC only. Or is it possible to "extract" the option file? I am not an expert on this.

Hi, can someone recommend an option file (incl. Bundesliga) for PS4/PS5 at the moment?

There is plenty of stuff in the editing section, but it it seems it is compiled for PC only. Or is it possible to "extract" the option file? I am not an expert on this.
Pes universe, now efootball universe. Doesn't have Germany atm I don't think

Back
Top Bottom