eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

[Copy-paste from PC Discussion Thread]

Since the gameplay engine of eFootball is already "Fox Engine", I've a feeling that, they updated PES 2021 with an idea in mind. They were probably beta-testing eFootball changes and code in PES 2021 in the gameplay aspect. Take a look at Version 1.07.02.. It's changed, in a better way? (possibly). That's why some people are saying like, this new build changed how AI plays, more fouls, slow paced game etc... I mean, why do they update an old game which was already discontinued? So, this is the case (in my opinion and thinking).

The real question should be why only on PC ? New update didn't make sense, hell even the previous 1.07.01 one.

If they want to "test" new gameplay, why release it on their lowest market share. Correct me but isnt it most efootball players play on console or mobile ? PC is like their very last option.

The real question should be why only on PC ? New update didn't make sense, hell even the previous 1.07.01 one.

If they want to "test" new gameplay, why release it on their lowest market share. Correct me but isnt it most efootball players play on console or mobile ? PC is like their very last option.
Even the console users got the update mate. And you're talking about that in a console thread, surprisingly.
Also, I agree about your argument. But I believe in my irrelevant theory (just an opinion).

I will go with Occam's razor logic. I believe it is a stability routine update, for the upcoming serves shut down. Denuvo token for the PC, compatibility with media files in SONY (PS), etc.

Even the console users got the update mate. And you're talking about that in a console thread, surprisingly.
Also, I agree about your argument. But I believe in my irrelevant theory (just an opinion).
I haven't got an update , it says version 1.08 in information but no download notification on ps5 history . Last updated beginning of June when I reinstalled it

No it isn't, no console update for months and i believe PES 2021 on console still stuck in 1.07.00

Talking about what exactly ? but this is console thread

I will go with Occam's razor logic. I believe it is a stability routine update, for the upcoming serves shut down. Denuvo token for the PC, compatibility with media files in SONY (PS), etc.

Which is doesn't make sense to me, why only PES 2021 got an update when we have denuvo since PES 17 ? wouldn't it make more sense to update all PES with denuvo ? also why would they even care with a game that will be dead in span of two months ?

The only thing I can think of is that they've added eFootball ads somewhere to try and get people to get spending in the new game (a common strategy), or some songs have been removed due to licensing changes (but that wouldn't usually require an EXE update that changes the filesize beyond a few kilobytes). But even then, both of these would apply across all platforms - not just PC (though perhaps the patches are in certification for the other platforms and will land over the next couple of weeks).

EDIT: Unless I'm mistaken, the Data Pack 7 filesize has increased too (dt80_700E_x64.cpk). Very odd.

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is that they've added eFootball ads somewhere to try and get people to get spending in the new game (a common strategy), or some songs have been removed due to licensing changes (but that wouldn't usually require an EXE update that changes the filesize beyond a few kilobytes). But even then, both of these would apply across all platforms - not just PC (though perhaps the patches are in certification for the other platforms and will land over the next couple of weeks).

EDIT: Unless I'm mistaken, the Data Pack 7 filesize has increased too (dt80_700E_x64.cpk). Very odd.

Regarding new DataPack 7, i've already explained that here https://evoweb.uk/threads/efootball-pes-2021-discussion-thread-pc.84053/post-3848444

Not sure about ads cause i use netblock to block pes 21 accessing to konami server.

No songs have been removed, it's all stay same. The last update on PC only added (or removed ?) new translation and possibly commentary to the game. No assetes like faces, balls or kits removed though, everything stays same.

At first i thought Konami did this since there's no offline content with eFootball they bother to update their old game, but remain question still same. Why only on PC ? What about console ? isnt their 2nd biggest market ?

The only one i can think of they release new update on PC it's because Windows 11.

1. First stable release of Windows 11 released on early october 21

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2021/10/04/windows-11-a-new-era-for-the-pc-begins-today/

Then PES 21 got an update late oct 21

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/pc/topic/game-wepes2021-29959

2. I don't follow new tech info for years so anyone can correct me. As far as i know there's new major update coming for Windows 11 (it's called Windows 11 22H2) i think it's already out for public on 23 June 22

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-preview-2b5f1da6-d602-48b4-b443-96b460e3c38d

then again same day konami decide to update its game to be compatible with new OS Build

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/pc/topic/game-wepes2021-34664

both changelogs says "Fixed an issue that affected the stability of the software."

But then again why would they even care with a game that will be dead in span of two months ? weird move isn't it ?

That is vanilla ps4 disc. I never play higher than top player. Those latest clips are all top play fuma on vanilla.
had it updated 2 weeks ago, installed a good OF. Gameplay had me delete and install vanilla again. 🤷‍♂️ Physicality gets lost with the updates…

edit:
…final seconds… this has to be it…

Edit: and more and more and more…
Yes Vanille is allot better. Now i have to delete defensive line manual ( i’m on xbox). I have also read that fluid formation on for the cpu is a good step. Do you now why? Maybe i have to sell my xbox s and buy and ps4 to install an option file. :)

The game is still miles ahead of FIFA 22 in terms of the smoothness of the animations and what generally resembles a game of football. I made a point of playing both games back-to-back-to-back-to-back... (you get the point) and I just can't see much resemblance of FIFA to the real game. The decisions the AI makes for itself and your teammates consistently beggar belief. The speed of player movement, ball movement, etc. is an archaic mess and you don't know from one game to the next if you're going to get Benny Hill speed or Matrix bullet-time speed. PES2021 was 2 years of basically the same game being patched 14-15 times which eventually led to a pretty great game. Unless FIFA 23 is revolutionary (:LMAO:) then I'll be sticking with PES2021 for another year or until eFootball maybe pulls it's finger out of it's arse.
Any way to find out how many hours we've put into the game. Must be nearing 1000 hours by now. Mostly exhibition mode too lol

Yes Vanille is allot better. Now i have to delete defensive line manual ( i’m on xbox). I have also read that fluid formation on for the cpu is a good step. Do you now why? Maybe i have to sell my xbox s and buy and ps4 to install an option file. :)
Hey Joel,
i edited some teams along the way as well. A hand full each night I played. Deep def line and such none sense off, fluid form on. i move the whole back line of each team 2 clicks up. Sometimes def midfielder 1 click.

when you go the option file route, you need to update, so no vanilla anymore. I had a vanilla save where the above was done for like 4 complete leagues. Couldn’t find the file anymore so I started from scratch. 🤷‍♂️

Hey Joel,
i edited some teams along the way as well. A hand full each night I played. Deep def line and such none sense off, fluid form on. i move the whole back line of each team 2 clicks up. Sometimes def midfielder 1 click.

when you go the option file route, you need to update, so no vanilla anymore. I had a vanilla save where the above was done for like 4 complete leagues. Couldn’t find the file anymore so I started from scratch. 🤷‍♂️
Thx! It's unbelievable how different vanille plays vs patch 7.0 (xbox). physicality is much better and shooting feels more free! The whole games feels more free. (play masterleague). I also think you lose somethings by not updating (more playerfaces etc. and maybe some bugs) but the game is really better on vanille. So I will start from scratch again. I had also a league of 4 hehe. Other thing I like is to choose rivals. Those rivals plays more agrassive, so more fouls :). Is really a great game! But on the other hand. Always thinking, what if the focus was on offline gameplay. Where was the football game standing now? :)

Thx! It's unbelievable how different vanille plays vs patch 7.0 (xbox). physicality is much better and shooting feels more free! The whole games feels more free. (play masterleague). I also think you lose somethings by not updating (more playerfaces etc. and maybe some bugs) but the game is really better on vanille. So I will start from scratch again. I had also a league of 4 hehe. Other thing I like is to choose rivals. Those rivals plays more agrassive, so more fouls :). Is really a great game! But on the other hand. Always thinking, what if the focus was on offline gameplay. Where was the football game standing now? :)
yeah, one can only imagine what could have been. in my wildest fantasies… we are all happy, simulating the S out of football video games. 😊 everything works great, no animation error, no speed issue, physicality, AI, edit mode… you name it!

🤷‍♂️👋

Hey Joel,

Do you only remove deep defensive line or all advance defending and attacking options?

Do you only remove deep defensive line or all advance defending and attacking options?
Deep defensive line disabled for sure. I leave some instructions enabled when I think it fits the team style, like centering targets. But basically i disable the defensive adv. instructions.
Fluid formations enabled, defensive players 2 clicks up in the gameplan.

I can send some pics later today... just send me reminder. 👍

Deep defensive line disabled for sure. I leave some instructions enabled when I think it fits the team style, like centering targets. But basically i disable the defensive adv. instructions.

Yes i'm intrested! I also read something about set automatic offsidetrapp on. Do you use that?

My thesis is: Pes 2021 vanille with manuel controls is one of the best Pes games ever made :D .

Yes i'm intrested! I also read something about set automatic offsidetrapp on. Do you use that?

My thesis is: Pes 2021 vanille with manuel controls is one of the best Pes games ever made :D .
Nope. Just read about it but not set it up…

it is really a very good game, with vanilla flaws… but when a vanilla version is so promissing, it hurts me even more to see what it turned into. 🤷‍♂️🙄

Nope. Just read about it but not set it up…

it is really a very good game, with vanilla flaws… but when a vanilla version is so promissing, it hurts me even more to see what it turned into. 🤷‍♂️🙄
Is it really much different? I really want to try it but it's a proper ball ache setting all the tactics up again and losing kits etc.. maybe I'll steal my nephew's PS4 for the weekend and try it out 😃

It grates me that you can't revert back to patches . Even if it means losing offline you shouldn't be forced into an inferior product half way down the line of release with no option to revert back

It grates me that you can't revert back to patches . Even if it means losing offline you shouldn't be forced into an inferior product half way down the line of release with no option to revert back
You can go back with pc though

What do you mean with defensive players to clicks up? :)

I stuck at DP2 for many months because it was as good fun as I'd had on PES, probably ever. I didn't want to risk updating in case they ruined it with later patches. Then one day, I had to connect my PS4 to the internet so, as usual, immediately cancelled the PES update from downloading, but a few minutes later, to my horror, the message popped up that the download for DP7 had finished and that was it, DP2 gone forever. It must have started downloading again in the background without me knowing. I was, and still am, genuinely gutted - they did indeed ruin it. Going back to vanilla is no better.

1. That doesn't help in the console section
2. Not by design even in PC release

If I'm buying a product it shouldn't be modified to a point where i can't revert
1. I believe it can be done with Jailbreak Console though (PS4) :CONF:

2. Yes you're right but it took less than 30 seconds to that, basically just copy the old exe & regenerate dpfilelist.bin to old datapack and done.

1. I believe it can be done with Jailbreak Console though (PS4) :CONF:

2. Yes you're right but it took less than 30 seconds to that, basically just copy the old exe & regenerate dpfilelist.bin to old datapack and done.
My mistake , well done Konami for catering for jailbroken consoles and for taking into account PC.oweners who can use old.exe files and regeneration tools. All my problems are solved .

Back
Top Bottom