eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Βut to be honest and PESimistic here, if you didn't like the game already, it's too late to fall in love, or find you football fix. Cause both games , from development perspective, are finished articles.

The last one from PESUniverse that I tried had a lot of Duplicates and still wrong squads in Bundesliga.
They have been working on a fix for over a month, so I will wait and give them one last try before trying other versions. I don't know how much of a mess a different option file would do to the game now that live updates are offline.

Not sure if anyone can help. Players like Trent Alexander at Liverpool for example... Anyway we can edit their hair? It's looked and I'm assuming it's because they're at a licenced club on the game. Cut the latest transfers an option files done but I would like to update some of the players looks
No way unfortunately.

They have been working on a fix for over a month, so I will wait and give them one last try before trying other versions. I don't know how much of a mess a different option file would do to the game now that live updates are offline.
Well I put Kimi's over the PESUniverse one. Didn't make a mess and just had to reorder leagues.

In general not really happy with PESUniverses approach.

Thank you for the information mate. I just stick everything on default and it still looks really good even though it's a PS4 game on the ps5. I'm using 55 inch LG TV which is quite good but not in game mode but still looks decent. Graphically at times it's better than FIFA 23 especially the player models
Legit questions. Does PS5 do less noise with PES2021 than in PS4?

And how do you find, PES 2021 on PS5, in comparison to efootball f2p, graphics wise?

(I've still never downloaded or played eFutebol, only watched by videos).

Well I put Kimi's over the PESUniverse one. Didn't make a mess and just had to reorder leagues.

Sounds good! I will try it. I also don't like their approach, and they are doing the bare minimum with the EFL Championship, which is a shame because it's my go-to league when I start Master League mode.

Legit questions. Does PS5 do less noise with PES2021 than in PS4?
God yes!! PS5 is dead silent when running the game, and with the PS4 Pro it was like having a jet flying in my living room.

Sounds good! I will try it. I also don't like their approach, and they are doing the bare minimum with the EFL Championship, which is a shame because it's my go-to league when I start Master League mode.

God yes!! PS5 is dead silent when running the game, and with the PS4 Pro it was like having a jet flying in my living room.
May i ask, is the framerate higher/smoother compared to the pro?

Ive noticed on a high end PC this game is butter smooth and reactive, almost a different game. It opens up new possibilities.

I am very much used to the PS4 timings, the little delays and subtle framedrops during crowded situations before the goal. But i do wonder if the PS5 is, like a high end PC, somewhat of a different experience in this regard.

May i ask, is the framerate higher/smoother compared to the pro?

Ive noticed on a high end PC this game is butter smooth and reactive, almost a different game. It opens up new possibilities.

I am very much used to the PS4 timings, the little delays and subtle framedrops during crowded situations before the goal. But i do wonder if the PS5 is, like a high end PC, somewhat of a different experience in this regard.
I haven't noticed any difference between the PS4 Pro and the PS5 in terms of graphics and frame rates. There is a comparison in this video:

Graphically for me there is a clear difference. Could be tv related tho I am using a 4k TV and my apartment and also at my parents when I go there and play it on my ps4. One is LG and one is Panasonic.

I am playing it also at my friend's on his ps4 with a 1080p TV. Looks best at mine on the ps5.

Thank you for the information mate. I just stick everything on default and it still looks really good even though it's a PS4 game on the ps5. I'm using 55 inch LG TV which is quite good but not in game mode but still looks decent. Graphically at times it's better than FIFA 23 especially the player models
FIFA 23 models look like Wallace & Gromit claymation models.

I worked on 2019-20 and 2020-21 season, and i was practically alone at the end to create teams.
But honestly, the last version i have released without being presumptuous is the most worked overall and in terms of duplicates etc.
If i joined them, it was to get less to do... And my amount of O.F. work increased by 10 lol. So much errors to correct, people wants everything at once, it's not like i'm working : team by team, not a full league with plenty of missing stuffs and the impression to play the real thing because they got emblems and kits, big laught on that.

It was really hard as i got to work on their very bad basis from PES 2019. So a lot on MLS/Bundes/Others Euro/Others America (every single face are redone same as stats for every players) But very late, i posted it in July.
Now i would also suggest Kimi's work even if it's still a bit amateurish to my taste and to what i did on PES 2021 pre-winter and post winter... Also the Bundes stats were made by a pro, who was in charge of Serie A that time.
During that time they released V5 V6 i didn't worked and which fucked up the database. They miss way too much real data editor, and got more than enough kitmakers. That's not my mojo : database first.

So you can just put the 2 season 19-20 and 20-21 apart, except that i didn't liked their O.F. from PES 2017 to 19 and the version after 2021 (21-22 season). The thing is they make you though they're a lot, yes, they're a lot for making kits. No stats maker or facemakers, one guy or two retouching here and there, with a lot of errors.

I checked Kimi but 21-22, it's an okay work but it miss a bit of structure (duplicates etc.) face-making is very selective, stats are more or less acceptable.
Too much worked on those versions so i've made an overdose lol or i would have worked on a 22-23 O.F. based on Efootball conversion (long to explain, a bit long to do, but there's a way to convert stats from Efootball BUT you will get PES 2021 MOBILE style. No big difference except keepers who got higher outfield stats due to the "+" conversion system)

Last edited:
You know, PES2021 actually increased my understanding of modern football. Having grown up with football in the 90s, my belief has always been that any team could outsmart brute force by bringing creativity, flair and wit.

Perhaps rather unconsciously, I've brought this same belief into PES (and life?), thinking the game would reward a slower, thoughtful play. My approach could be described as patiently looking for the less obvious solutions, always in a somewhat casual and effortless(-looking) way. Almost stubbornly, I would steer away from the obvious. The, in my eyes, dull and unrealistic pass pass pass shoot approach. And is this not the point of a game, after all? To search for a world you see as perfect? And in my perfect world each team would solely consist of players like Zidane, Zola, Bergkamp, Pirlo, Romario, etcetera.

After switching to FUMA, I did not alter this overall approach of the game. I would enjoy the micro satisfaction of a beautiful pass or a nice dribble, thinking that if I could just increase my control over the ball, I would eventually dance around the field to my heart's delight. Again, my head was still in the 90s.

In an effort to reignite my interest for the game with the absence of a new iteration, I started to try FUMA on superstar and legendary, and it was clear; a casual-creative approach would not cut it here. But instead of dismissing these levels as merely a frustrating script fest designed to challenge only the most hardcore gamers, as i did before, i held on and played around with the form arrows to make the challenge more suitable to my current level and slowly but surely i learned what it took to take over the initiative from a legendary CPU.

What i found to be true for PES is actually all the clichés you hear players and trainers repeat every weekend to the point you do not hear them anymore. The "we need to be focused from minute one" and "get the basics right first". Creativity still wins the game, but first you need to create the time and space to allow for it. Which requires maximum concentration and discipline. It means closing in the CPU again and again until it becomes automatic and going for those simple and effective passes first and foremost but execute them fast and perfectly, so they become the foundation for those special moments later on where players can distinguish themselves with their unique abilities.

It's when you really play to win, and you know each mistake can and will be punished, that a certain pressure is applied to the continues risk calculations in your head. So much, they become a game in its own, constantly tweaking and fine-tuning them with the development of your skill.
Of course, you run into the limitations of the game, but you also learn to adapt to them, calculate those in as well. When you get into the more 'serious' mindset of understanding and improving on each and every aspect of your game, there is a whole new world of (rewards) to discover that makes it worth the while.

The result is also that when I watch football nowadays, I see a lot more PES in it and vice versa. How fast a play can actually move from one half to the other in many high level matches. The discipline, the variety in tempo, the aspect of both mistakes, (bad) luck and exceptional talent and what it takes to win, it's all in there. It made it much clearer to me how football has changed over the years to being more about discipline and physicality, and more appreciative of it. Because for better or worse, change always makes life more interesting when you're open to it (which is not necessarily my best trait). So, yeah, bye bye dear 90s.

Last edited:
Is there any holland gamplay mod for consoles in this game? Or it s only pc, too bad i don t own the game on pc as i heard his mod is amazing

Hi all...I never really played pes 21 as konami patches post november for pes 20 finally broke my spirit.

Was it a noticeable step up on pes 20 in any way? Was pes 21 vanilla ever as good as pes 20 demo or vanilla?

I quite enjoy efootball for a couple of hours a week...but lack of teams and competitions is even grating at me now.

And I still get that feeling that despite teammate AI being reasonably efficient, that you still cant attack with as much variety as in a full pes game.

So any help would be welcome. Happy to buy a disc version of pes 21 to play a fabled vanilla version if one exists. But having played the final patch of pes 21 lite, it does feel quite rigid and clunky...

I think buying a pes 20 disc and playing my old vanilla edit file might be the answer...

Hi all...I never really played pes 21 as konami patches post november for pes 20 finally broke my spirit.

Was it a noticeable step up on pes 20 in any way? Was pes 21 vanilla ever as good as pes 20 demo or vanilla?

I quite enjoy efootball for a couple of hours a week...but lack of teams and competitions is even grating at me now.

And I still get that feeling that despite teammate AI being reasonably efficient, that you still cant attack with as much variety as in a full pes game.

So any help would be welcome. Happy to buy a disc version of pes 21 to play a fabled vanilla version if one exists. But having played the final patch of pes 21 lite, it does feel quite rigid and clunky...

I think buying a pes 20 disc and playing my old vanilla edit file might be the answer...
The only way to enjoy the game is to mod the original steam version to holland s new gameplay mod, thr vanilla gameplay is rigid , i only play friendlies with ai arrow down otherwise it s not good gameplay, ML is a nightmare

The only way to enjoy the game is to mod the original steam version to holland s new gameplay mod, thr vanilla gameplay is rigid , i only play friendlies with ai arrow down otherwise it s not good gameplay, ML is a nightmare

I see. So even the vanilla version of 21 is rigid. The lite version certainly feels rigid.

Thanks, that saved me wasting any money.

I also remember pes 20 ML was just a nightmare too. Like slogging through treacle. I only ever played friendlies on that too.

I see. So even the vanilla version of 21 is rigid. The lite version certainly feels rigid.

Thanks, that saved me wasting any money.

I also remember pes 20 ML was just a nightmare too. Like slogging through treacle. I only ever played friendlies on that too.
it s not about wasting money, u should absolutely get the pes 2021 pc version whenever it s available in stock and mod the heck out of it with holland s new gameplay mod

IMHO, PES2019 is more casual and easier. It has simpler mechanics and is more story oriented. PES2021 on the other hand is more geared towards e-sports; action packed and skill oriented.

They can happily co-exist next to each other but 2021 is, to me, ultimately a more realistic simulation as it is quite a bit more refined, with more advanced dribbling and passing system and incredible ball physics.

The difficulty with PES2021 is that it can be very off-putting, not fun at all. The AI can be a relentless, monotonous monster that can have you feeling disengaged, in turn making you play in a hasty way, with too little attention for detail and timings and too much use of the sprint button.

But if you keep playing your own game and accept the challenge from the AI, the rewards can be amazing, unpredictable matches that are perhaps not exactly as 'free as a bird' as the 2020 demo but pretty close. At times you do feel that freedom, it just takes a lot more effort and is partially traded in with a more difficult AI, resulting in arguably a more balanced and consistent gameplay.

In the end, every game is only as good as one is willing to engage with it so it is hard to say if it will be worth the money for you, it all depends. For me personally PES2021 is the best game i ever played and an absolute master piece.

Last edited:
IMHO, PES2019 is more casual and easier. It has simpler mechanics and is more story oriented. PES2021 on the other hand is more geared towards e-sports; action packed and skill oriented.

They can happily co-exist next to each other but 2021 is, to me, ultimately a more realistic simulation as it is quite a bit more refined, with more advanced dribbling and passing system and incredible ball physics.

The difficulty with PES2021 is that it can be very off-putting, not fun at all. The AI can be a relentless, monotonous monster that can have you feeling disengaged, in turn making you play in a hasty way, with too little attention for detail and timings and too much use of the sprint button.

But if you keep playing your own game and accept the challenge from the AI, the rewards can be amazing, unpredictable matches that are perhaps not exactly as 'free as a bird' as the 2020 demo but pretty close. At times you do feel that freedom, it just takes a lot more effort and is partially traded in with a more difficult AI, resulting in arguably a more balanced and consistent gameplay.

In the end, every game is only as good as one is willing to engage with it so it is hard to say if it will be worth the money for you, it all depends. For me personally PES2021 is the best game i ever played and an absolute master piece.
It s a masterpiece but with holland s mod, not vanilla, vanilla is a totally different story altogether

It s a masterpiece but with holland s mod, not vanilla, vanilla is a totally different story altogether
Will give it another shot sometime but at the moment I am very much in sync with the flow of the non-modded PS4 gameplay, so much that it would take a lot of time to adjust to something else. However, from what i played with Holland mod I must respectfully disagree with any suggestion that a patched PES2021 Season Update is broken and it needs a mod to fix it. Arguably, i believe it to be largely a case of preference and if you feel your preference is met, the result is more engagement and thus more opportunity for the game to show its brilliance.

For example, if i am not mistaken, most gameplay mods tamper down the seemingly unfair advantage CPU defenders have around the box. Personally however, i have grown to love this increased awareness, because i know that when you asses the situation correctly and execute perfectly, there is a chance to succeed, and when you do, it is all the more satisfying. To me at least the difficulty of pulling something off in and around a crowded box, pretty much resembles the difficulty of executing such a thing in real life, where only really skilled strikers or teams like Barcelona are able to keep possession.

I'm always afraid of sounding a bit too much like an evangelist in here, but some of the games i had the last couple of weeks.. i don't even know where to start. As soon as i get in the zone, they remind me of being back on the pitch, in my prime years, where everything i saw with my brain would become a reality trough my legs. That top-of-the-world feeling of having full control over your body, the ball, the opponent, your teammates...just being fully in sync with reality within that magic circle rectangle*, its one of the most powerful feelings in the world. How can i not deeply respect the developers of a game that is able to consistently trigger such feelings within me?

* Google 'Huizinga magic circle'.

Last edited:
Will give it another shot sometime but at the moment I am very much in sync with the flow of the non-modded PS4 gameplay, so much that it would take a lot of time to adjust to something else. However, from what i played with Holland mod I must respectfully disagree with any suggestion that a patched PES2021 Season Update is broken and it needs a mod to fix it. Arguably, i believe it to be largely a case of preference and if you feel your preference is met, the result is more engagement and thus more opportunity for the game to show its brilliance.

For example, if i am not mistaken, most gameplay mods tamper down the seemingly unfair advantage CPU defenders have around the box. Personally however, i have grown to love this increased awareness, because i know that when you asses the situation correctly and execute perfectly, there is a chance to succeed, and when you do, it is all the more satisfying. To me at least the difficulty of pulling something off in and around a crowded box, pretty much resembles the difficulty of executing such a thing in real life, where only really skilled strikers or teams like Barcelona are able to keep possession.

I'm always afraid of sounding a bit too much like an evangelist in here, but some of the games i had the last couple of weeks.. i don't even know where to start. As soon as i get in the zone, they remind me of being back on the pitch, in my prime years, where everything i saw with my brain would become a reality trough my legs. That top-of-the-world feeling of having full control over your body, the ball, the opponent, your teammates...being fully in sync with reality within that magic circle rectangle*, its one of the most powerful feelings in the world. How can i not deeply respect the developers of a game that is able to consistently trigger such feelings within me?

* Google 'Huizinga magic circle'.
The ai awareness in defending is just too much in ML, the game is too rigid on assisted shooting and passing, and whoever is not ready to go fuma it s a hassle to play and it doesn t make sense that ai awareness it s hampering and limiting the gameplay , it s making it one dimensional aswell with the ai attacks, holland s gameplay mod i think works on those aspects to.make it a fair game on legendary difficulty and in that regard it opens up the opportunities of how u are gonna score and how the cpu is gonna score aswell...

The ai awareness in defending is just too much in ML, the game is too rigid on assisted shooting and passing, and whoever is not ready to go fuma it s a hassle to play and it doesn t make sense that ai awareness it s hampering and limiting the gameplay , it s making it one dimensional aswell with the ai attacks, holland s gameplay mod i think works on those aspects to.make it a fair game on legendary difficulty and in that regard it opens up the opportunities of how u are gonna score and how the cpu is gonna score aswell...
Fair enough. I cannot really speak on ML, as at the moment i deliberately only play friendly matches. And although i play legendary, i put the CPU form arrow all the way down (red) and my own one level above that (orange), just to get the edge off. As soon as i master this setup i will tamper again with the arrows to find a new challenge. In the end, when i feel really confident, i will dip my toes in ML again.

In my current setup i do experience quite a bit diversity from the AI. Yes, they still try and tend to build up pretty much in a one dimensional way if they see the opportunity and all too soon go for the long ball when presented with some pressure. Having said that, when they reach my half and my defensive structure is in order, and i am very assertive in cutting down any passing lanes, out of necessity they will start to try different things to break me down and the goals i concede have been more varied. Also, because i am better in predicting their next move, the amount of deflections and overtakes overall are a lot higher, which leads to a more open, unpredictable and interesting game.

Last edited:

I've actually found the pes lite version with full manual to be pleasantly surprising. Thanks for the tip off..

Last edited:
So I'm thinking of copying my gaming data from one ps4 to another.. including pes21 vanilla, but because it will be using the WiFi will it automatically update my pes21 game to the latest update 1.07?

So I'm thinking of copying my gaming data from one ps4 to another.. including pes21 vanilla, but because it will be using the WiFi will it automatically update my pes21 game to the latest update 1.07?
It shouldn't when you disable (game) updates, which you can do under system settings:

Im lost because there are a lot of patch ans i can not décide between smokepatch , evoweb , epp pes project , dream patch , bmpes van Simeone help me please

Back
Top Bottom