eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice skill moves when they were needed (not for show). No stress. All patient. I like that!! :APPLAUD:

Many thanks, build up play is my favourite tactic along with tricky dribbling down the wings. I know a lot of people don't like the skill moves but when used right, especially on receiving the ball, it can really free up some space for the next move!

Just a shame you can't really play like this on pa1, you won't be given the time. Very much liked it though, you have to be so measured and thoughtful!

Did anyone noticed instant stamina drain (bug)?

It happened to me in a few online games. My player (who was on an upper form) lost his stamina to zero very quickly.
I sub him for a player (with also up form arrow), and he was on a ZERO stamina as well, from the moment he stepped on the pitch.

That’s one of my favorites. Just run towards the ball and kick it. Simple is that. :)
But I’m talking mostly celebrations that involve fans, players, certain poses...

Wish there was more involvement with fans like going up the fence or similar!
I like standing on the adboards! :D

Edit: everything that keeps it real. Gimme more of that! Gosh, that game!!
Loved kicking the ball up in the stands after the final whistle,think Pes 17 was the last game you could do that.
Also want to kick away the ball/pick it up when the CPU gets a free kick.

Loved kicking the ball up in the stands after the final whistle,think Pes 17 was the last game you could do that.
No it was not! ;)
Im one of the guys who looooove to do that!!!
Did it after 17 but it changed.
Let go of the LS and just double tap the shot button as soon as the ref blows the whistle. You’ll see...
There isn’t much time to do it, but it’s possible. Even when it’s different somehow these days.

Coz it doesnt. I dont know in which thread we had this discussion. Advanced through balls are by far the most difficult thing to master. But in the same time they are the most rewarding, once you get your head around them and understand how they work.
Power input is secondary, when you use them. It doesnt matter much. What matters tho, is player position and animations. Players will kick the ball when animation is complete. In the same time as player is getting ready to kick the ball - through ball keeps generating more distance and power.
Long story short - if you are out of position and you want to sent through ball behind you, by the time you turn around and complete animation - you will overshoot it.
So best way is to position yourself first, so the player would have a simple and short animation to perform. Then you can aim it more precisely. You can also curve them with your left stick.
It takes time, but its well worth to learn it.
Like I said - all the "impossible", curved through balls, that COM is sending from time to time - they are all Advanced Through balls and you can do them as well once you learn how to use them.
Decide to thoroughly commit to this after your post and @rockstrongo as well - maybe played around 12 games so far this evening with a bottle of wine to heighten the emotion. Lowered the difficulty to professional but swapped passing to manual, stuck with shooting at advanced and moved through balls to advanced. It's exactly as you said - completely spot on. And it feels so, so rewarding when you pull over a stunning through ball.

Managed to angle one in from deep with Kimmich to Lewandowski who'd peeled off at the far post all just using throughball - no early cross or anything. I put the ball into the row Z through a combination of excitement and 3 glasses of wine but was so rewarding. Gonna stick with it, can't wait for the full game now.

Decide to thoroughly commit to this after your post and @rockstrongo as well - maybe played around 12 games so far this evening with a bottle of wine to heighten the emotion. Lowered the difficulty to professional but swapped passing to manual, stuck with shooting at advanced and moved through balls to advanced. It's exactly as you said - completely spot on. And it feels so, so rewarding when you pull over a stunning through ball.

Managed to angle one in from deep with Kimmich to Lewandowski who'd peeled off at the far post all just using throughball - no early cross or anything. I put the ball into the row Z through a combination of excitement and 3 glasses of wine but was so rewarding. Gonna stick with it, can't wait for the full game now.
That’s the wine talking!! :LOL:

You “need“ to push it to top player and give it full manual!! :)

I’ll stick to my beers... play on demo. Play on!! :DD

Last edited:
When playing FuMa, do you guys play with advanced through ball? Thanks!
Yes, I play with advanced through ball. Once you get used to it you can put the ball in any spot of the pitch. Sometimes I use it to put the ball in front of one of my players and kick a volley.

Sounds awesome buddy,not being an asshole,but ireally think more people should play PA0 or FUMA,there's so much more you can do on.
Posted a few clips on the Pes 18 thread on advanced through balls,nothing spectacular,but those passes can't be made on PA1-3,hoofing in to space etc

Last edited:
No it was not! ;)
Im one of the guys who looooove to do that!!!
Did it after 17 but it changed.
Let go of the LS and just double tap the shot button as soon as the ref blows the whistle. You’ll see...
There isn’t much time to do it, but it’s possible. Even when it’s different somehow these days.
Cool.
Elit tips from an "Elitist" to another elitist.
Use to be a good way to let off steam by kicking it up in the stands
I want to be able to pull of my jersey when scoring as well

@tomj - really happy that you did give it a go and that it did work for you.
Thats why I love this site - learned so much from people here myself.
Like @rockstrongo said - just wish more people tried manual and gave it a proper go.
It makes the game so much better.

@tomj - really happy that you did give it a go and that it did work for you.
Thats why I love this site - learned so much from people here myself.
Like @rockstrongo said - just wish more people tried manual and gave it a proper go.
It makes the game so much better.
Marty (Yes) McFly Back to the future "guess you're not ready for this,but your kids will love it"

Yeah. Classic WENB style comment. Of course free from every hint how the game should get more challenging and rewarding after three additional days of playing.
Done. I said my favorite being player weight and inertia and not to change things that player feel lighter and on ice skates, least favorite I said just making A.I. harder on higher settings but not to be scripted or us see attacking patterns like last year.

Pace I said perfect.

What did you all put?

Worst is direct freekick for me. Gamebreaker.
Best is ball physics.
And the pace is too fast.

My god, I wish they'd do something about the god awful replay system, it's been crying out for them to do it for YEARS, infuriating, it used to work perfectly a long time ago and then they sodded about with it and made it a whole lot worse :(

Do you mean being able to adjust the height in the 360° replay cam?

I like that idea!
Coincidentally, this morning playing the demo, I tried to kick the ball away after the whistle! So sad to see my player do nothing. Seems a weird thing to remove too!

I like that idea!
Coincidentally, this morning playing the demo, I tried to kick the ball away after the whistle! So sad to see my player do nothing. Seems a weird thing to remove too!
Kinda liked hoofing it up in the stands,I want more weird (but realistic) stuff like that in,if it gets me a yellow card,I'm fine with it.
Still love seeing the CPU taking a dive and getting booked for it

Yeah, the stupid camera really low on the ground, it looks ridiculous, flokiman's video as an example (great goal btw flokiman!)

I DM'd Adam Bhatti last week and he said he would report it to the guys in Japan, it's been that way since PES 2014 and I personally think they've just forgotten to add it in over the years. I've given feedback before but this time I went the direct route.

It would just make replays so much better in every way!.

Interesting indeed. I haven't read it all yet, but if that guy Klaus Ganer joined the Live Data team in 2012 responsible for "Player ID and Team ID, weekly updates, and communicate daily with [their] 150+ football experts” how in hell is PES so poor in terms of tactics and team ID?

How can you have 150+ experts on this area and still miss some of the teams' basic formations and instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom