eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope so too mate. I really hope you will not be forced to go back :) maybe we'll be blown away by the game tomorrow already..who knows,we'll see. I'm really looking forward to try it out.
Same here,don't mind playing my 18 though,hardly played when it was released (a few weeks in) it's a new game to me almost.
But yes,I want a new one (and I want a 17-18 ai or better) to sink my teeth in to.
Fingers crossed pal

Same here,don't mind playing my 18 though,hardly played when it was released (a few weeks in) it's a new game to me almost.
But yes,I want a new one (and I want a 17-18 ai or better) to sink my teeth in to.
Fingers crossed pal
It's good to have some options at least.
But yeah, I have a good feeling regarding the AI variation,the question is just, how frequently will we see those elements we missed..like dribbling and shooting from distance..Im really looking fw to the new ML, hope it turns out like they promised.

Any gents from RetroCorner downloading the early NZ demo ?

Edit: I remember last year, the impressions were so bad that i dint even bother with the demo.

Last edited:
When's the demo out again?

If you're still living in Australia, its 10pm aust east time tonight.. thats just over 12hours from now. Thats if its out 12am 30th NZ time..maybe its closer to 1am NZ time..usually its been dropping within that hour...so im thinking 12-13hours from now.

Ive taken tommorow off hahaha thats how much i cannot wait to use demo. Actually (incase my boss is listening), i do have another legitimate reason...just happens to be on same date as demo...like i need explaining

Last edited:
If you're still living in Australia, its 10pm aust east time tonight.. thats just over 12hours from now. Thats if its out 12am 30th NZ time..maybe its closer to 1am NZ time..usually its been dropping within that hour...so im thinking 10-11hours from now.

Ive taken tommorow off hahaha thats how much i cannot wait to use demo. Actually (incase my boss is listening), i do have another legitimate reason...just happens to be on same date as demo...like i need explaining
Hehe. Still here mate. Don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. I'll wait for it on my oz account tonight then.

I’m not a big fan of this ‘appreciate what we get’ idea, maybe I am a ‘glass half empty’ son of a gun but if key features have been dumbed down, run down, stagnated or removed then I can’t find the appreciation there. [disclaimer: despite claiming otherwise, neither of my parents are actually firearms]

It’s a full price product that we pay for, we’re not gifted it by Konami. Appreciation of something that should be a lot better is not too far removed from those on twitter who thank officialpes for allowing them to spend money on MyClub spins. I just can’t get my old grumpy head around it.

My biggest issue with the current output is why I suspect we oldies hold the PES6’s and such in high regard. It’s not graphics and shizzwaz, yes there are AI and basic enjoyment issues, but my main gripe is that back then I felt those games were pushing boundaries, pushing the tech, moving the genre forward. Now it’s just, “that’ll do”, same again next year. Rinse and repeat, same issues, same forum posts, same false hype, but shiny new faces to distract us. We should be getting better, from both titles.

By "appreciate" I do not mean that we should not have expectations or be disappointed because of those unfulfilled expectations.
If one compares the current games with the ps2 games, I understand that completely because we indeed had expected more on the basis of those games. If one compares it with FIFA, I find that a strange comparison. What PES does for real football fans on consoles is still much more than what FIFA has to offer on the pitch
Would I like more midfield battles, more dribble variations, penalties etc? yes of course because, as I said, our expectations for PES were always high because of the PS2 era.
But compared to FIFA and comments as if it is not taking steps in the right direction, I am surprised. Because it certainly does.

Happy demo day guys! I'm off to work soon but can't wait to test the game this evening (thank you New Zealand). I'm excited what your thoughts are.

.. yeah ill post as soon as i see it and begin downloading (hopefully in 7h9m32sec away), mind you, im sure someone will beat me to it. As much as im eager to play the demo, i usually, also have this thread open to see any of the first impressions. Love reading them, for the good and bad - hoping it mainly positive this year.

As im at work and cannot check atm, how long was the max time for demo games on pes2019.. i cannot remember.. i thought it was 10min games max (5min halves) .. not the usual 5min games. If the case, surely pes20 will have 10min max on offline mode.

Last edited:
..whos doing the 'Winning Eleven 2020' demo download 3 or 4 hours after NZ release?? Or is it 'efootball Winning Eleven 2020'??

Damn!
Why oh why do turfs and lighting look so bad in night games?. Terrible, just terrible.

FIFA suffered the same issues a few years ago,didn't it? How difficult can it be for developers who have worked on a football franchise for years to get it right?

Can someone tell how exactly can i download PES 2020 demo from new zealand account?
I just create a new account, set new zealand? or i must do it via vpn or smthng?
And it will be available today at 14:00 UK time?

Well, I'll be going to work like a normal fodder that i am but thanks to modern technology, I'll trigger the demo download remotely via the PlayStation app on my phone so as long as it releases during work hours, It'll be there ready for when i get home. I'd love to play it during the afternoon but i'm not wasting a holiday to play a demo a few hours earlier than i normally would and i aint faffing around making New Zealand & Hong Kong accounts for another year again. :DD

FIFA suffered the same issues a few years ago,didn't it? How difficult can it be for developers who have worked on a football franchise for years to get it right?
Well i think the problem with this is everyone's display is different, coupled with HDR on new TV's being completely different on every set, Programming artists probably have this dilemma all the time: How will their art look on millions of unique displays with their own unique settings.

Although I wonder if it's fair to compare graphic artists to say some sort of professional graphical engineers, The same way music producers have to kind of scientific in the way they engineer audio to sound the best possible way on all sorts of devices with their own unique EQ settings.

Can someone tell how exactly can i download PES 2020 demo from new zealand account?
I just create a new account, set new zealand? or i must do it via vpn or smthng?
And it will be available today at 14:00 UK time?
If you're on PSN you'll need to create a new user, check the guides on YouTube & it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to set up. You'll need a separate email address and search for a NZ post code on Google to use in the set-up process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom