eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't underestimate the number of people out there who hate an "elitist" forum like this and who want to discredit the prevailing attitude. In the past on **** it was bordering on pyschological warfare. They post obvious falsehoods under the guise of opinion that are clearly meant to make you doubt your sanity and/or tacitly throw everyone under the bus who can't enjoy PES as much as they claim to be able to, it's clever and it almost always flies under the radar ("Free as a bird" springs to mind). Why would you play both games if one is miles ahead in every department? You'll notice they never single out specific points or specific people, there's no interest in nuanced discussion, they just want to make it seem like everyone who thinks differently is mentally deficient in some way. When do you ever see the same in the opposite direction? You might point to the last video for example, but in that case people aren't just dismissing his view because he's "too positive" in some generic sense, they are casting doubt on him because of a. his track record b. specific questionable statements made during the video.

Hmmmm :THINK:

Don't underestimate the number of people out there who hate an "elitist" forum like this and who want to discredit the prevailing attitude. In the past on **** it was bordering on pyschological warfare. They post obvious falsehoods under the guise of opinion that are clearly meant to make you doubt your sanity and/or tacitly throw everyone under the bus who can't enjoy PES as much as they claim to be able to, it's clever and it almost always flies under the radar ("Free as a bird" springs to mind). Why would you play both games if one is miles ahead in every department? You'll notice they never single out specific points or specific people, there's no interest in nuanced discussion, they just want to make it seem like everyone who thinks differently is mentally deficient in some way. When do you ever see the same in the opposite direction? You might point to the last video for example, but in that case people aren't just dismissing his view because he's "too positive" in some generic sense, they are casting doubt on him because of a. his track record b. specific questionable statements made during the video.
My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, "If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately." Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- "Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.
Don't shoot, it's a joke.

JUST small example of bad transition and chunky animation. I really do not have so much time now to explain and to make a longer video.

That is just from first 20 sec of the gameplay video, the game on this stage is full with this, skipping frame, bad animation logic, and speed .. parasite movements that make the game to feel chunky.

There are a LOT even worst looking examples that I can give you but again.. now I do not have time to watch all PES 2020 videos and to make CHUNKY compilations. Maybe another day.

I know that are just Alphas and Betas builds, and maybe I'm just too critical but... I don't know.... the best PES ever.. can't have chunky animations, since once they prove us, that they CAN make animations right.

In PES 2018 the transitions and logical players movements were spot on.. so natural, it's gone since then. It's hard to explain you just... feel it.

I don't understand exactely what's wrong with those animations? What do you mean by "chunky"?

To me, they look fine, except maybe the second one, where the reaction of the ball to his touch looks a bit off.

Otherwise, if you mean the small steps they do just before passing, I personally like it, because I think it's only natural to "set your feet/body up" before you pass it.

I have to agree with the post above.
Im far from animationholics, who would analyse every one of them frame by frame, so maybe I dont see what you see there.

Once I can "feel" the weight of the ball and the players - Im more or less happy (which is a big problem for me, when playing competition. It's all soft and weightless there)

I don't understand exactely what's wrong with those animations? What do you mean by "chunky"?

To me, they look fine, except maybe the second one, where the reaction of the ball to his touch looks a bit off.

Otherwise, if you mean the small steps they do just before passing, I personally like it, because I think it's only natural to "set your feet/body up" before you pass it.

From wikipedia....

280px-Yorkie-Bar.jpg
300px-Yorkie-Wrapper-Small.jpg

Size changes
Yorkie bars were originally composed of six chunks of chocolate each marked Rowntree; they were wrapped in both foil and an outer paper wrapper and weighed 58 g (2.0 oz). The wrapping was later switched to a single plastic foil wrapper. More recently, in an effort to reduce costs, the number of chunks has been reduced to five with "Yorkie" moulded into each chunk. The weight of the bar has decreased over the years. In 2002, Yorkie bars were 70 g (2.5 oz). This had been reduced to 64.5 g (2.28 oz) by 2010, and was reduced further to 61 g (2.2 oz) in 2011 and then 55 g (1.9 oz) later that year. It was shrunk again in November 2014 to 46 g (1.6 oz). In January 2015, UK, Raisin & Biscuit Yorkies were 44 g (1.6 oz).

ORIGINALLY SIX CHUNKS [70g] to FIVE CHUNKS [44g] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PES became a 5 CHUNK YORKIE around 2015 with annual wrapper change ever since.

From wikipedia....

280px-Yorkie-Bar.jpg
300px-Yorkie-Wrapper-Small.jpg

Size changes
Yorkie bars were originally composed of six chunks of chocolate each marked Rowntree; they were wrapped in both foil and an outer paper wrapper and weighed 58 g (2.0 oz). The wrapping was later switched to a single plastic foil wrapper. More recently, in an effort to reduce costs, the number of chunks has been reduced to five with "Yorkie" moulded into each chunk. The weight of the bar has decreased over the years. In 2002, Yorkie bars were 70 g (2.5 oz). This had been reduced to 64.5 g (2.28 oz) by 2010, and was reduced further to 61 g (2.2 oz) in 2011 and then 55 g (1.9 oz) later that year. It was shrunk again in November 2014 to 46 g (1.6 oz). In January 2015, UK, Raisin & Biscuit Yorkies were 44 g (1.6 oz).

ORIGINALLY SIX CHUNKS [70g] to FIVE CHUNKS [44g] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PES became a 5 CHUNK YORKIE around 2015 with annual wrapper change ever since.

So going by PESBUL's post PES gets a chunk back this year?! :EASY:

So when exactly Will the demo hit on PSN ? At wich time the NZ PSN updates ?

Not sure If posted already, but here's a vídeo recorded in some Brazilian evento. Skip to 5:25

Something I said on reddit about a year ago and want to share with you guys:

What I think can be improved (outside of gameplay)

renderTimingPixel.png

Most of the points I am going to discuss about are not about actual gameplay, but more about the presentation of the game.

Last year, for example, a new (beautifully recreated) celebration was added. The kiss celebration based on a Messi celebration in 2015 (walking to the adboard kissing towards the camera and the camera than showing the scoreboard). It was new, it looked neat and it was a good addition. So why isn't it in the game anymore? Stuff only being made for 1 year and removed the following edition? Doesn't make sense (there are even more celebrations and cutscenes that get removed, instead of keeping them and adding more to not make it repetitive...).

It seems like they have readded this celebration again, skip to 01:10 to see Cristiano Ronaldo doing this Lionel Messi celebration:

So when exactly Will the demo hit on PSN ? At wich time the NZ PSN updates ?
Supposed to be 13:00 BST, which is 14:00 in most of mainland Europe I think. I also posted a screencap of the different times it would hit the NZ store around the globe some pages back, if you can be arsed to check!

The Guy there confirms that there Will be an online mode and and edit mode on the demo

Didnt know about that. Hope its true. It would be interesting

Supposed to be 13:00 BST, which is 14:00 in most of mainland Europe I think. I also posted a screencap of the different times it would hit the NZ store around the globe some pages back, if you can be arsed to check!

On monday ?

Last edited:
Yes, as of tomorrow, a day earlier than the rest of world because of NZ time.

Also, yeah it's got the edit mode and online – they announced it a month ago mate! lol

Lol

I was not following the news... Didnt have a clue lol

Vs a shit team,then me as a shit team.
Same procedure as last year?
Same procedure as every year!
Nice, so you will test it out against a brazilian team and then compare the Ai to barca or maybe Juve
Hope we are some good dribling skills from messi and ronaldo tomorrow.

Nice, so you will test it out against a brazilian team and then compare the Ai to barca or maybe Juve
Hope we are some good dribling skills from messi and ronaldo tomorrow.
Yeah,shit team isn't really fair to say,but a lower ranked Vs Juve/Barca and the other way around.
Usually get the best test result,just wish we could play longer games,and competitive games to.
You?

Yeah,shit team isn't really fair to say,but a lower ranked Vs Juve/Barca and the other way around.
Usually get the best test result,just wish we could play longer games,and competitive games to.
You?
I agree. I think I will pick two good teams for my first game, maybe Bayern vs Juve to start out in a strong fashion :) As you said, would be really great if we could play on 10 min..hopefully it will be the case. We have many good teams to choose from with plenty of great players so hope we will see some nice moves from the big ones..

I agree. I think I will pick two good teams for my first game, maybe Bayern vs Juve to start out in a strong fashion :) As you said, would be really great if we could play on 10 min..hopefully it will be the case. We have many good teams to choose from with plenty of great players so hope we will see some nice moves from the big ones..
Looking fw to trying it out,and hoping the full release is a good one.
If not,I'm back on Pes 18 and 5/6

Looking fw to trying it out,and hoping the full release is a good one.
If not,I'm back on Pes 18 and 5/6
Hope so too mate. I really hope you will not be forced to go back :) maybe we'll be blown away by the game tomorrow already..who knows,we'll see. I'm really looking forward to try it out.

I'm sitting here at work and all i can think about is downloading & playing that demo at 2pm. I'm 32 and every year when the football-demos come out i feel like a kid the night before christmas. :LMAO:
Haha I'm 32 aswell, I know how you feel :D bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom