eFootball (All Platforms)

I decided to have a look at MyLeague to see if it was maybe time to step of the eFootball hate train. I don't know why I somehow thought I would be able to change the game speed but Konami, being Konami, made sure I would not have this option even if there is no real reason not to have it.

Looking forward to having 50 gigs freed up on my hard drive. God knows how exactly they managed to make the game so large, empty as it is.

Looking forward to having 50 gigs freed up on my hard drive. God knows how exactly they managed to make the game so large, empty as it is.

I have no clue. College Football has like 100+ stadiums and teams each with 70+ players, more varied commentary, better graphics and still manages with 30gb. eFootball has no reason to be 50GB

And yeah, I wish I could set the speed to -1 on my league , was disappointed to see that after having good games on exhibition on that speed

I played eFootball 2021 with Manual Passing against Legendary and it was great, but it had some teammate reaction issues.

With the re-worked controls regards shielding and finesse dribbling with this installment of eFootball I thought it finally give Manual Passing a go again.

I was not ready for how good it plays. Although not completely rid of some issues, teammate response and awareness has improved immensely, and it is now a game you can play neater, shorter, one-touch stuff. Properly opens up the field and the amount of possibilities.

EDIT: There have been better football games and I dare say folk who have been FUMA players for years will have a different take to mine, but I have never had so much fun and sense of "I can do this! I'm staying in the match playing the way I want to play.". For me, this is the best Manual Passing has felt in any football game.

It completely opens up your options *with this game* and not just because you have full control over direction and weight, but *important* wee things to me, like being able to use lob passes to scoop it/knock it/cushion it round the corner, simple one-touch play, and just your dudes reacting properly to loose passes more often makes it so much more fun to play with manual passing than I can remember.

It's wonderful feeling stuff on a purely mechanical level, and (probably placebo) I feel like there are more ball physics brought into the equation.

They probably need a PA4 setting that just ever so slightly offers players a wee gaze into how wonderful this game can feel. PA3 is a million miles away from the potential freedom of play that can be achieved with some assitance.

GET TO BLOODY WORK ON SINGLE PLAYER CONTENT AND VARIANCE IN THAT FINAL THIRD, KONAMI.

Last edited:
Are we going to see an edit mode and single player league/ cup options within the next calendar year?
Only when Santa really excist...

Konami have zero interest to do this for us. Card collecting is the money maker for Konami.

I agree with almost anything you say!
But I highly doubt that a gameplay mod for PES 21 "unlocks" or "adds" animations. Holland etc, can not motion capture new animations, or create new. It's just a gimmick the say to promote their gameplay. All gp mods are just tweaks to certain parameters and nothing more. The core of the game stays the same. So claims like "new animations" or "new ball physics" etc etc are just tweaks to the existing. I don't doubt that tweaks give an fresh feeling but it's limited. The best tweak in PES 2021 in net physics. Also most of the tweaks have side effects. Finally no modder can write new code for the AI to attack differently. So PES 2021 modded, yes it's better, but it's still PES 2021 carring all the issues of the vanilla version.

About 1080p and 240hz (i didn't know that there is a projector tha can produce 240hz!) I strongly suggest you to try the Ultra graphics mod. I prefer the visual fidelity and photorealism it provides, even if I play at 90Fps instead of 165.
Totally understand the mod's dont add animations, but I reckon they definitely 'unlock' animations that are perhaps so rare you have to be lucky to see them (perhaps when playing in a style that rarely uses the contextual animations), or have been hidden over time from various Konami updates. Im sure there are certain animations no longer used in the vanilla version, for various reasons, still hidden in the code. I've definitely seen animations, particularly heading animations and keeper saves/misses that i've never experienced before since the game came out. I recently saw this kungfu (upright scissor style kick) clearance that one of my players did, which amazed me. Also, with the GP mods, im actually seeing the CPU make silly passing errors (overhitting, or hitting wide passes into the side line) on Legend, so unlocking errors is a huge thing for me, more important that animation sequences. Finally, the increased variety from CPU goals. I'm seeing many new types of attack/goals from the CPU. Again, all of this gives a new refreshing taste to this 5 year old game.

re eFootball, at what resolution do you use with the Ultra Graphics Mod?? Im at 1080p and happy with it, as i prefer playing at 120 or 240hz which my projector (and graphics card can help with) allows. It can do 4k at max of 60hz. Again, at 1080p 240hz, with the Ultra g mod, there are occasional slowdowns, so maybe ill try 1080p @ 120hz.. that may be doable.
Im just wondering if the fidelity and photorealism you mention is only really noticeable when playing at 4k.. or is it still noticeable at 1080p resolution??
Btw, the biggest difference i notice with the Ultra g mod (and isn't present with the High g Mod), is that player shadows (FROM SUN) appear in stadiums like Sports Park, in summer nights. Without the mod, or even with High g mod, this shadow is missing. You know the parts of the turf that are actually sunlit during the summer night games... which should realistically have player shadows from the low sun (not just shadows in the shady area caused by floodlights).

Last edited:
I have no clue. College Football has like 100+ stadiums and teams each with 70+ players, more varied commentary, better graphics and still manages with 30gb. eFootball has no reason to be 50GB

And yeah, I wish I could set the speed to -1 on my league , was disappointed to see that after having good games on exhibition on that speed
Try playing on stadium cam 0,10,9. With zoomed out camera it can make the game feels slower imo

Last edited:
I agree with almost anything you say!
But I highly doubt that a gameplay mod for PES 21 "unlocks" or "adds" animations. Holland etc, can not motion capture new animations, or create new. It's just a gimmick the say to promote their gameplay. All gp mods are just tweaks to certain parameters and nothing more. The core of the game stays the same. So claims like "new animations" or "new ball physics" etc etc are just tweaks to the existing. I don't doubt that tweaks give an fresh feeling but it's limited. The best tweak in PES 2021 in net physics. Also most of the tweaks have side effects. Finally no modder can write new code for the AI to attack differently. So PES 2021 modded, yes it's better, but it's still PES 2021 carring all the issues of the vanilla version.

About 1080p and 240hz (i didn't know that there is a projector tha can produce 240hz!) I strongly suggest you to try the Ultra graphics mod. I prefer the visual fidelity and photorealism it provides, even if I play at 90Fps instead of 165.
Yo clearly don't know how modding works. Let's start with animations. There are animations that trigger rarely, or just don't trigger at all cause Konami decided to just leave them aside simply because it didn't work for their purpose when they created the game. And by this I mean that they were for example too long animations, or simply old ones that decided to deactivate them. If you did mod, you would know that some animations, in several games can be, in theory, simply activated by changing a binary value. Now... that doesn't mean that they EFFECTIVELY APPEAR in the game, cause you still have to give the game the info in which situation should trigger. Many of them might just be not only deactivated, but also have been deprecated and change by others in the code. Some others would appear only under certain ocassions depending on context of the player. Others my appear only with auto-feint ON/OFF etc. Like... there's too many variables in play. But many others, specially related to GK, will appear ocasionally in the game.

To be more specific, is also not only that you activate certain animations by changin a value in the dt13, there's also a lot of microanimations, or more likely blending animations, that will depend on your blending settings. That's why a lot of modders will tell you to use their full pack, cause maybe with a different dt18, that is where animation blending and aging (how the animation of certain action plays in the game) will be setted up in dt 18.

About ball physics, you're simply completely wrong. Obviously there's a base made by Konami, and obviously you can't change the formula of the ball physics, indeed, cause we don't have engine code. But there is a miriade of values to change in ball.o in constant_match.bin in the dt18. You can check this by yourself by simply picking the Editor tool and opening vanilla dt18 with it and check the bin I told you.

Now, this being said... Obviously modders will advertise their own gameplay with "new ball physics" or "new animations" and be half-true or exagerated, cause this changes probably are not so easy to perceive, and have not such an impact on gameplay. Sometimes they are small minor changes that make the gameplay change in very limited ocasions but are not that perceptible at first contact, and defenitely do not change THAT MUCH in terms of gameplay.

If you ask me, personally, what'd be more gamechanging in terms of gameplay, is having more than 3/4 speeds (Sprint, Run, Jog and walk) and most importantly, make the AI use different gradiations of speed more accordingly to the situations, and also make them vary in the stamina consumption. But we don't have the tools for that, so it is what it is. Also, how AI runs into a possition to create a new passing lane, giving short supports to passes, having correct marks, not having the CB running away from the mark as they do sometimes... THAT is gamechanger, and we don't see it so often cause it's not that easy to make. Even if it can be made to a certain extent, I insist, we are really have or hands tied up since we don't have the code and we don't know how the game works internally (at least not me) and which function calls which value through which memory direction, etc.

Those that have been working over this past years in modifying dt13 and exe have made great advancements and will probably have more insight into this, but at the end of the day, is navigating through hexadecimal code changing values totally blind and using as guide the few text references that appear in certain hex editors, translated from Hexadecimal to ASCII.

I repeat, it is NOT easy to mod this game. It runs on a 10 yo engine that was already kinda old tech back in the days, and was used specifically for making the last Metal Gear Solid, MGS:V Phantom Pain and it's prequel demo Ground Zeroes (in fact FOX engine is named like that not because of the TV channel, but because of the spy agency FOXHOUND found in Metal Gear Saga), so having an engine that was already not that good back in the days and that was done with an action game in mind, instead of a more broad approach or specifically for sports engine, it's not probably the best of the situations. If you add to that that no enough research was done to decrypt games/engine data as it was made with Frostbite/FIFA (EAFC)(with Frosty Toolsuit first and then FMM/FMT) with a big dedicated community to that... Well, we are pretty fucked up. And again, for what I heard Frostbite is way more accesible and easy to decrypt than FOX.

As I always say, we've got to accept the crude reality. PES 2021 was and is a better game in terms of vanilla base to get a decent gameplay. Is way easier to get good results that it is in FIFA, if you ask me, but is also way more limited in what and what not you can change and how you can change it. This doesn't mean that YOU CANNOT change several areas of the game, but it is way more difficult than doing so in FIFA. And in FIFA/EAFC, you can potentially tweak more things, but is a broken game, with a lot of deprecated values in it's internal files, and doing enough prowess to get a decent base can take you the whole year of lifespan that each annual installment has.

So, don't expect certain things to get better that whan you can get with the selection of mods you've got at hands, don't expect COMPLETELY NEW ANIMATIONS, but also, don't be so bold as to say that "nothing of that can actually be done". Is simply not so extensive as to be seen first glance.

I enjoy the game, but since the latest update I feel the AI has more bullsh*t going its way.

Truth is when I get scored on FIFA I think ok yeah that was a mistake, but here its more of a my defender didnt move, or my keeper gave the ball away, they ping ponged straight to the goal.

Just had a tie game in which I hit the post 2 times, missed 3 1 on 1 w keeper; 19 shots on goal vs 2 of the AI final score 2-2. This could happen in real life, but sometimes its a little suspect.

Gameplay is enjoyable but sometimes I feel Im getting cheated.

I enjoy the game, but since the latest update I feel the AI has more bullsh*t going its way.

Truth is when I get scored on FIFA I think ok yeah that was a mistake, but here its more of a my defender didnt move, or my keeper gave the ball away, they ping ponged straight to the goal.

Just had a tie game in which I hit the post 2 times, missed 3 1 on 1 w keeper; 19 shots on goal vs 2 of the AI final score 2-2. This could happen in real life, but sometimes its a little suspect.

Gameplay is enjoyable but sometimes I feel Im getting cheated.
Konami doesn't know how to make a challenging AI without giving them calculation superpowers. They will react always hyperfast and hyperprecise. It is, by difference, one of the worst thing PES has, even way worse than FIFA/FC. When people talk about offline FIFA handicap is because they clearly don't know PES scripting. As much as I say that online vs human FIFA is way worse, PES in terms of offline scripting is probably one of the most horrible, unfair experiences I've ever faced. Is even worse than playing Dark Souls, or Bloodborne, or any Souls-like you can imagine. Is probably one of the most unfair games I can think of alongside some bosses in Kingdom Hearts.

Back
Top Bottom