eFootball (All Platforms)

Still having fun although the auto defending is too much now, making dribbling as hard as in PES 21. A lot of people in here would love the game right now cause the match to match gameplay is nearly the same as PES21 now.
If it's "only" PES 21 level, i got no problem with it.
And i don't have all those hard to dribble problem on that game. A good game to me need to got easy to defend.

Now if it's really overpowered...
I can put on the wind tons of player with dribling on PES 21. And also on my 5-6 games try on Exhibition superstars on EF2022-23.
WE9 was overpowered for example (one i considered the best of the series during a long time). But you can dribble opponent, was more hard about passing and shooting : there were always an opponent to intercept or block your pass/shot.

Just had my best game so far.
- Authentic Team Events
- You have to score 3 or more goals
- I just obviously let the opponent to disposess my goalie to score 3 times
- Then he returned the favour

No text chat, no voice chat. Great experience to get the GP easily. Respect.

AND IT WAS HARD AS F TO GET THE BALL INTO THE NET WHILE I WAS TRYING TO MOVE OUT MY PLAYERS OF THE WAY. THEY WERE AUTO DEFENDING.

For me its a good thing. I dont want the A.I to just stand there like practice cones

Well in real life the player dictates the game who has the ball, just because he has the advantage to know where the ball will go unlike the defender who even has to jockey on top. Now the defenders know in advance where the ball goes. Its a big meh from me.

Eeeeeew, playing online especially after skipping a few days its more obvious this game is fucked with 2.0. Wonky, clunky, press-run-press-run simulator. Catered towards people who want to win at all cost and would buy the fastest and strongest attackers because defending i godly automated.

It.Is.Not.A.Football game.Anymore.

Well in real life the player dictates the game who has the ball, just because he has the advantage to know where the ball will go unlike the defender who even has to jockey on top. Now the defenders know in advance where the ball goes. Its a big meh from me.
I dont think that they touch the A.I at all as it was not mentioned in the patch note. The defending is still as automatic as the last version imo.

Not the AI but effectiveness perhaps. With some voluntary/or not changes regarding how quick to answer without the ball.
No idea.

I'd be very surprised if they actually ditched it. Shelved, perhaps, because their "roadmap" was in tatters after they released a buggy pile of wank to the public and called it a game.

I don't think we really have evidence it was "built for" last gen consoles either. I mean, didn't PS4 users get horrendous lag initially? It was certainly not optimised for those consoles.

The game on mobile, from footage I've seen, looks very similar and it was clearly designed so that graphical elements would be scalable while gameplay elements were consistent. They wouldn't have even been able to flirt with the idea of crossplay with mobile if that weren't the case. So it makes sense to me that the lowest common denominator point still applies – in which case, the game is still "built for" mobile as much as anything and as a baseline.

If its built for the PS4 as spec. The whole mobile thing in theory would be that Konami really thought the PS4 spec gameplay could work on a mobile with super low resolution graphics. This along with going all out for graphical enhancements for PS5 etc was their original roadmap.

This failed miserably, they clearly overestimated themselves where PS4 level games on mobile would be right now in terms of scaling them in all aspects to tiny mobile devices, especially on a new engine. Now they have a seperate mobile version to all console versions.

Graphics look so bad on the mobile version btw, no excuse for this. It does sadly show Konami don't learn their lessons in planning ahead properly in understanding the full work needed to produce a working dynamic product on a new engine.

Eeeeeew, playing online especially after skipping a few days its more obvious this game is fucked with 2.0. Wonky, clunky, press-run-press-run simulator. Catered towards people who want to win at all cost and would buy the fastest and strongest attackers because defending i godly automated.

It.Is.Not.A.Football game.Anymore.

I agree. Defending is the biggest issue i have had on 2.0.0.

Not that i'm bad or conceade too much. Just so incredibly automated! This is ugly right now in any dream team event. Its a shame this shambless continues with so little to do for real teams where it dosent ruin the game nearly as much. Had very good matches using the mexican teams. The football is there when stats are human, not godlike fantasy players.

Regardless, its too easy to tackle and needs addressing in future updates.

Now they have a seperate mobile version to all console versions.
Where's the evidence for this though? So far as I'm aware, no Konami rep or producer has said as much, right?

Also you can watch the mobile gameplay on YouTube videos and it looks very similar, with shared gameplay and UI elements signalling the same basic set of features, albeit simplified for touchscreen usage (which might change if/when they add controller support).

Look:

The movement, the commands (match up is there, e.g.), the physics – it looks like a scaled down version of what we have on console. And that shouldn't be surprising; it was the whole pitch going into this, and probably a big reason behind choosing UE as well.

So what's the evidence this is somehow a different game, and that the original crossplay ambitions are now off the table?

What makes more sense to me is to take them at their word and place those ambitions in a context of them failing to deliver and so pushing back plans to do things like crossplay (alongside other things on their roadmap).

The idea was always to get cross console play setup, and to do so first before mobile crossplay. Would you conclude that because we haven't got Xbox vs PS yet, and no word of it, that actually they are different games on those platforms? Obviously you wouldn't, so why is this a consideration in concluding that the mobile game is now completely separate?

I agree. Defending is the biggest issue i have had on 2.0.0.

Not that i'm bad or conceade too much. Just so incredibly automated! This is ugly right now in any dream team event. Its a shame this shambless continues with so little to do for real teams where it dosent ruin the game nearly as much. Had very good matches using the mexican teams. The football is there when stats are human, not godlike fantasy players.

Regardless, its too easy to tackle and needs addressing in future updates.

Problem is if i win it doesnt feel earned or good at all either. The actual flow of the game became unnatural.

Where's the evidence for this though? So far as I'm aware, no Konami rep or producer has said as much, right?

Also you can watch the mobile gameplay on YouTube videos and it looks very similar, with shared gameplay and UI elements signalling the same basic set of features, albeit simplified for touchscreen usage (which might change if/when they add controller support).

Look:

The movement, the commands (match up is there, e.g.), the physics – it looks like a scaled down version of what we have on console. And that shouldn't be surprising; it was the whole pitch going into this, and probably a big reason behind choosing UE as well.

So what's the evidence this is somehow a different game, and that the original crossplay ambitions are now off the table?

What makes more sense to me is to take them at their word and place those ambitions in a context of them failing to deliver and so pushing back plans to do things like crossplay (alongside other things on their roadmap).

The idea was always to get cross console play setup, and to do so first before mobile crossplay. Would you conclude that because we haven't got Xbox vs PS yet, and no word of it, that actually they are different games on those platforms? Obviously you wouldn't, so why is this a consideration in concluding that the mobile game is now completely separate?
Janguv. I have played the mobile version. I know, the gameplay is very similar, UI elements etc.. I think your misinterpreting what i mean by 'seperate'. Lol nowhere have i said the moblie version is 100% different and share nothing from the consoles. What is clear is the crossplay between mobile version and consoles is dead due to the disaster of 0.9.0. version.

Their intentions to try and get all versions from mobile to PS4 then PS5 singing on the same hymm sheet was a total disaster, it was clear and obvious the problem was scaling to and from mobile to console dosent work!

However I'm not sure if you tired the PES mobile series or PES Club Manager Mobile stuff before efootball released because those games were in its gameplay a very simple version of PES 2015 and throughout the years it was updated with many gameplay elements which the console versions had, just with heavily scaled down graphics as we see now. This is efootball mobile. Very similar gameplay to consoles, just toned down and control scheme enginered just for mobiles with again heavily scared down graphics, and enviromental elements such as stadiums.

I think you speak as if mobile games can't handle PS4 tech gameplay. It can and it should, the PS4 was released 9 years ago, like the PSP, 'old gen' games in gameplay should be possible on a mobile device now. As i repeat, it cannot handle these graphical & enviromental elements and the scale down is far too much, too soon on a new engine for it all to work to any kind of similar level we see on the consoles.

Finally, the evidence to this seperate paths the mobile and console gameplay are on was evident before 1.0.0 when officially removed the mobile version from their site and then annouced seperatle later release date compared to console 1.0.0 release. The mobile version will do what it can handle, the console versions should be free to be expanded on, so no excuses for Konami for console and PC versions to evolve from here.

Last edited:
Been a while since I played and I must admit I’m enjoying offline play. Yes it’s not perfect but have had some tight enjoyable games vs AI. But as an offline player for the love of god release all the teams and give us some sort of league option. It’s disgraceful to have such limited offline options.

Yes. Some of them were even boosting the stats of their players using said cheats. Cheaters would have been a non+issue had Coinami instituted an anti-cheat system for this game like some online and multiplayer games do.
friendly reminder that I've reported to Konami that player stats modifications are real thing, send them some details found around the Internet. They were so generous and thankful that they gave me...

A FUCKING GAME BAN

friendly reminder that I've reported to Konami that player stats modifications are real thing, send them some details found around the Internet. They were so generous and thankful that they gave me...

A FUCKING GAME BAN
What? Why would they give you a game ban for reporting this stuff? This fucking company is just so...

If anyone here needs further proof of why Coinami is the lolcow of gaming.

Just had my best game so far.
- Authentic Team Events
- You have to score 3 or more goals
- I just obviously let the opponent to disposess my goalie to score 3 times
- Then he returned the favour

No text chat, no voice chat. Great experience to get the GP easily. Respect.

AND IT WAS HARD AS F TO GET THE BALL INTO THE NET WHILE I WAS TRYING TO MOVE OUT MY PLAYERS OF THE WAY. THEY WERE AUTO DEFENDING.
Where's the fun in this? It's like 2 strangers taking it in turns to wipe each other's arses.

The fun lies in the challenge of cleaning it yourself.

Where's the fun in this? It's like 2 strangers taking it in turns to wipe each other's arses.

The fun lies in the challenge of cleaning it yourself.

Its the stupidest challenge ever to score 3 goals at least, why would any of us play dozens of games vs eachother when you can go around the rules and move along? :D There is no incentive. Why not make the challenge as win by 3 goals?

What? Why would they give you a game ban for reporting this stuff? This fucking company is just so...

If anyone here needs further proof of why Coinami is the lolcow of gaming.
funny thing is that I HAVE NO CLUE, they said that they not gonna tell me, so I should stop asking and f*ck off. Even tho I've had around 100hrs played already (pes 2021), PayPal refunded whole thing and I bought another copy from Turkey for 10% of the initial price XD

f*ck them, srsly - lost all faith from that point, worst game dev ever.

Still so amazing that a promising game went to an absolute turd for no reason. This is like on PES2015-PES2021 level bad. They broke almost all aspects of the game. Worth an applause.

Still so amazing that a promising game went to an absolute turd for no reason. This is like on PES2015-PES2021 level bad. They broke almost all aspects of the game. Worth an applause.
I knew that this would happen since November.
The game was very innovative back in 0.9.0 v. but the issues and the unpolished mechanics made it look very bad.
People did not see and did not want to adapt to the core idea and approach. So KONAMI reverted back to oldschool football games approach.
So now we have something very closet to PEs 15-21.
As all "we" wanted...

The game was very innovative back in 0.9.0 v. but the issues and the unpolished mechanics made it look very bad.
People did not see and did not want to adapt to the core idea and approach. So KONAMI reverted back to oldschool football games approach.
As all "we" wanted...
Yes because is better the 1 vs 1 style playing without automatic movements in defense and R2 controlling speed. Yes so real...

As all "we" wanted...
Good point regarding this dubbing down of defending. I'd say even compared to 1.0.0. Its been dubbed down.

Defensive awareness now means way too much, its so easy just holding the match up to win the ball perfectly 80% of the time. Its concerning, this is very FIFAesque.

As all "we" wanted...
Let's be honest, If the Gameplay was the same as 0.9.0, there would be no one who would play it because it is very Competitive instead of Fun.
The masses like to play something easy and fun (That's why FIFA, even if it's unreal, has too many players per month)

And for Konami who wants to Maximize everything, Well there you have the answer

Let's be honest, If the Gameplay was the same as 0.9.0, there would be no one who would play it because it is very Competitive instead of Fun.
The masses like to play something easy and fun (That's why FIFA, even if it's unreal, has too many players per month)

And for Konami who wants to Maximize everything, Well there you have the answer

Attachments

• Vince McMahon Here comes the money meme HD.mp4
    7.9 MB
Back
Top Bottom