eFootball (All Platforms)

to add to this I want booos and jeers when a certain player receives a pass, I also wish they would do more when one of your ex players score against you, something like crazy adebayor levels of trolling if the player never got a run in your ML squad, or a more respectful muted celebration if he was a youth player or a crowd fave :THINK:

I would love to have a built-in sounds editor like the MLB The Show one. Assign different sounds to players, teams, crowd etc. For example 3 slots of cheers for each player, chants and music playing inside the stadium when a goal is scored. Team entrance music slots, home crowd booing slot for players and the list goes on. It's so simple to implement, takes the atmosphere to another level but unfortunately the devs are not listening to us.

There is an even older PES, can't recall if it is from Fox era or previous, if you stuck more than 20 consecutive passes, every next successfull pass comes with an "Olé" and applause from the crowd.
They still do that at the end of games if you’re winning .. it’s a nice touch.

Was just thinking , if they’re truly going with photo realism the only way they can effectively pull it off would be with hyper realistic animations and movement of players. Otherwise it would look odd, surely?
This excites me if I’m honest.

The team is working hard to merge the fluid gameplay seen in the series’ last two excellent PS4 releases with photoreal animation and modelling. “

Leaving aside the beard shenanigans and whatnot, it's pretty clear that the general direction will be the same of the last few years, if not even more accentuated. I really don't know how somebody who disliked the game in the recent past could have even a bit of hype or hope for what's to come.

I would love to have a built-in sounds editor like the MLB The Show one. Assign different sounds to players, teams, crowd etc. For example 3 slots of cheers for each player, chants and music playing inside the stadium when a goal is scored. Team entrance music slots, home crowd booing slot for players and the list goes on. It's so simple to implement, takes the atmosphere to another level but unfortunately the devs are not listening to us.

Pes 2014 on ps3 had those features, off the top of my head you had chants for rival clubs, when your losing or winning, chants when your top of the league, chants for halftime, there were also player specific chants. if you spent the time to upload everything it was really immersive.

Edit I found a vid showing some of these

I wonder now with the new article, what will this mean for PC
Honestly don't think it changes much. Of course they're banging on about photorealism, but that's a long-held ambition for games in this genre. If this was a PS5 exclusive, I'd say: there could be issues with a PC port, given the PS5 SSD configuration allows for an unreasonably high data throughput. But (a) this is a football game, and the assets are all pretty much loaded at the start of the match; and (b) it's cross-gen anyway.

If it's playable on Xbox Series X/S, it's playable on PC. That's not simply a case of comparable average hardware (it isn't – the X obviously outstrips the average gaming PC, and the S probably falls below it, GPU wise anyway). It's more a matter of Microsoft policy; they're really pushing compatibility across devices, pursuing their software dominance as they are.

There is an even older PES, can't recall if it is from Fox era or previous, if you stuck more than 20 consecutive passes, every next successfull pass comes with an "Olé" and applause from the crowd.

I'm still playing PES 18 and it happens on that occasionally. Little touches like that can't excuse the generally appalling atmosphere though. Even on the new games I get long periods of complete silence from the crowd.

Pes 2014 on ps3 had those features, off the top of my head you had chants for rival clubs, when your losing or winning, chants when your top of the league, chants for halftime, there were also player specific chants. if you spent the time to upload everything it was really immersive.

Edit I found a vid showing some of these

Was this feature on the PC version also? I don't remember having it on PC. Even though I had a PS3 I never tried PES 2014 on it.
Why a company removes such a feature is beyond any logical explanation.

Was this feature on the PC version also? I don't remember having it on PC. Even though I had a PS3 I never tried PES 2014 on it.

They removed it from playstation versions because Sony banned the importing of MP3 files. Don't know about PC.

Yeah I used to have 'Star Wars Sad Medley' playing around the stadium after I lost. good times.

No, the PC version never had that feature. Maybe it was related to codecs not being present on all PCs.

They removed it from playstation versions because Sony banned the importing of MP3 files. Don't know about PC.

Yeah I used to have 'Star Wars Sad Medley' playing around the stadium after I lost. good times.
When did Sony ban the MP3 import? I don't think it was removed for that reason. The Show has MP3 files import for years.

Codecs were there forever on PCs. GTA always had the custom radio based on MP3s.
Yes, but I could imagine that GTA actually has the necessary codecs included in the game, while PES on the PS3 was able to use a system-wide codec, and KONAMI didn't want to bother licensing a codec just for the PC version.

I think Pes used to be pretty good with players not celebrating late goals in a lost match, but lately it doesn't really seem to matter, the AI goes wild over a 93rd minute consolation goal. Small things like that I would really liked to see fixed.
in recent versions of pes, players will celebrate as if they just won the world cup/cry like their mum just got murdered after an exhibition match

i wish they would allow user created mods the same way the 2k sports golf club does. An online portal with loads of user created stadiums would be superb

Ignore the Premier League scoreboard for a match between two Italian teams 🤣 but I'm playing PES 2011 at the moment and check out that midfield! Look at the radar. PES 2022 needs to get its midfield back as it's first priority IMO.

This game holds my attention and makes me think far more than 2021 ever has.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Screenshot 2021.06.03 - 22.13.57.63.jpg

Ignore the Premier League scoreboard for a match between two Italian teams 🤣 but I'm playing PES 2011 at the moment and check out that midfield! Look at the radar. PES 2022 needs to get its midfield back as it's first priority IMO.

View attachment 103770
This, SO FREAKING THIS!!1!111!!1!
👏

View attachment 103770
Positioning it's not the only problem. Low pass range with X and triangle is too long! There must be a way to nerf this on future games.

The Fox Engine took the game backwards imo.

Even elements such as the celebrations were far better pre PES 2014. More variety, longer etc.

Something like that was in FIFA 15, or at least reactions on the bench after a good chance or something, or at full time in big games. Not exactly that but it was nice.
Was the main reason I bought FIFA 15 then. It would be great to see it in PES 2022 plus "dynamic managers", because I want to start modding the managers if there will be any "manager-server" by the next season...

I remember being quite impressed by that at the time. Even in FIFA, presentation gone backwards?
Well they have the licenses and they somewhat utilize it at least. But it's really MEH nowadays, I hate the commentary, (now it's only Derek Rae and Lee Dixon who I hate) they only made it 1 pair (for english) in FIFA 21. I liked Martin Tyler and Alan Smith and also Clive Tyldesley and someone whose name I forgot, the last time they were in the game were FIFA 16 I believe.

PES on the other hand is lacking 4-5 years in some really simple things behind FIFA, which doesn't mean FIFA is better, it's probably due to development team and budget and all that. But EA always had that, I don't understand how they don't get the gameplay part right though especially with more developers now than PS2 era (still less than EA) and yet are not able to produce a non-frustrating game with less scripting or none at all. PES 2021 at the start , without any DP was good, or even after the first one was decent. But every year they seem to make it worse with every DP?

Back
Top Bottom