eFootball (All Platforms)

Agree but EA were the one to start that licences 'war' with signing BPL as a exclusive, so now let them die by their own sword :MAD:
I have unpopular opinion, but between two companies, I prefer EA to have something, if it is exclusive, and Konami to give more editing possibilities.

I have played Eredivisie in both games, it is licensed in both games, so comparing apples VS apples.

In the other game it was much more polished, details, presentation, TV generic watermarks, addboardds, scoreboards.

If Eredivisie was exclusive to PES, and excluding this last PES that they started coloring addboardds, what would be the difference between it and Chinese Super league for example, when the presentation is generic. Only the logos change, not even some signature League tables, etc.

What I want to conclude is, presentation is not the Biggest Advantage of PES productions.

There, where the "pitch is theirs",( or they are just simply better than the other game" which does not have proper editing mode) , is giving the ability to edit some semi-lisenced, FiFpro leagues, and just expanding that options.

And again, all this exclusive licence stuff sucks. Let the licences be freely available, then the companies can focus on making a better game than the competition.
I use to say this but I have come to understand both games in their exclusivity race also. Imagine if pes was to get premier league fully licensed together with EA, how is the league going to advertise both games as their main sponsors without showing any form of bias, it just might not work.

I use to say this but I have come to understand both games in their exclusivity race also. Imagine if pes was to get premier league fully licensed together with EA, how is the league going to advertise both games as their main sponsors without showing any form of bias, it just might not work.

You're probably right, but EA grabbed the licence for Serie A, so they will have the broadcast package and stuff but lose more and more teams while Konami has got some exclusive teams but with Calcio A and teams like Milano Blue and Red. The loser is the customer.

I quite remember when fifa had the uefa euro license back in 2012, man did they make the most out of it with very little resource in the game at that time.
Well they had every stadium but I still remember many of the teams being fake (some even with fake players).
I wouldn't call it "making the most out of something" honestly (but maybe it's me having too high expectations).

The loser is the customer.
As usual. 😒

I have unpopular opinion, but between two companies, I prefer EA to have something, if it is exclusive, and Konami to give more editing possibilities.

I have played Eredivisie in both games, it is licensed in both games, so comparing apples VS apples.

In the other game it was much more polished, details, presentation, TV generic watermarks, addboardds, scoreboards.

If Eredivisie was exclusive to PES, and excluding this last PES that they started coloring addboardds, what would be the difference between it and Chinese Super league for example, when the presentation is generic. Only the logos change, not even some signature League tables, etc.

What I want to conclude is, presentation is not the Biggest Advantage of PES productions.

There, where the "pitch is theirs",( or they are just simply better than the other game" which does not have proper editing mode) , is giving the ability to edit some semi-lisenced, FiFpro leagues, and just expanding that options.
That is one problem with PES, EA most of times put some effort into the presentation of their exclusive leagues while Konami don’t.

UE5 just got early accesed to public which makes me think devs were already playing around with it for sometime. It's a good turn if events as there were some reports game might have been released on UE4 and "upgraded" to UE5 (It sounded a little bit silly to me but I don't know how game engines work ¯\(ツ)/¯ ). More than likely it will run on UE5 from first day.

UE5 just got early accesed to public which makes me think devs were already playing around with it for sometime. It's a good turn if events as there were some reports game might have been released on UE4 and "upgraded" to UE5 (It sounded a little bit silly to me but I don't know how game engines work ¯\(ツ)/¯ ). More than likely it will run on UE5 from first day.
UE5 or UE4 I'm fine with whatever. Beyond PES 2022 it should assist in many positives

If they plan to make some EURO-themed esports tournament, it would be very stupid of them to give any info before it's final phase.

It would distract the interest (if there is any) of the market pool. Can you imagine anyone that would prefer to watch 2021 streams, if in the same moment there were Screenshots or gameplay footages of shinny nextgen new engine footage.

I think we live in an era that the marketing plan dictates the schedules, the hype-fan-train comes second from now on.

So I agree with what someone said before. Any announcement will be around EURO final stage.
There was a year where konami showed news about the next pes at the pes league final, so could do that again with eeuro final.

I hope konami changes direction,scrap their licence's.
Why?
What's the point ,they never ever do anything with them, graphics/atmosphere/stats from the league/best goalscorer in the history of the league etc etc etc
I'd rather see them making a three tiered league system for each big league with fake names,or licence for individual teams etc.

How long have they had Erie divisive/Ligue1 for instance?
And Serie A for two seasons right?
Before that,both La liga and Serie A.
Nothing!
A ball and a logo,that's it.
The last time it felt good having those licence's (and they don't d something) was pretty much Pes 13

that screen
comedy-parody.gif
Video call with Konami engineer on screen 2, DAW on screen 1.

I quite remember when fifa had the uefa euro license back in 2012, man did they make the most out of it with very little resource in the game at that time.
That DLC was atrocious and made me cry for EURO 2004 and 2008 standalone games.

for developer its earlier, only for "normal" people in early 2022.
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-engine-5-is-now-available-in-early-access

There’s still a lot more to come for Unreal Engine 5; we are hoping to ship the full release in early 2022 with many memory, performance, and quality improvements, as well as additional new features that will benefit creators in all industries. As always, we use Unreal Engine in production before we expect you to, and we will ship Fortnite, on all its supported platforms, on Unreal Engine 5.

There won't be any UE5 games from external developers until that point.

It's exciting it seems porting Unreal 4 to Unreal 5 will be extremely easy so they can quickly port the next Pes (beyond Pes 2022) to UE5. Also it seems the new engine is really powerful, Konami has no more excuses for their limitations.

when i watched the UE5 presentation video last night, 2 things i found very cool.
being able to work with multiple users on one project at the same time and the animations that follow gameplay! 2 good features at hand, with this amazing tool, that should fit perfectly for Konami and PES!

i wish they had shown different genre of games when presenting the UE5 tools though!

its interessting that EFOOTBALL 2022 will be the first Sportsgame with human players with UnrealEngine. i really could imagine that epic hat BIG interesst that Konami really deliver with that engine! Maybe they get much help from Epic (free assetts, knowledge) for PES 2022 because its the best advertising for Unreal Engine that Epic can get.

maybe other sports titles will follow... who knows ?

It's exciting it seems porting Unreal 4 to Unreal 5 will be extremely easy so they can quickly port the next Pes (beyond Pes 2022) to UE5. Also it seems the new engine is really powerful, Konami has no more excuses for their limitations.

From what I read the first game to get Unreal 5 will be Fortnite, which is developed by Epic Games. Several studios have said that they are moving to Unreal 5, but that they are a long way from presenting something In Game or In Engine, because the tool will only be available in early 2022.

From what I read the first game to get Unreal 5 will be Fortnite, which is developed by Epic Games. Several studios have said that they are moving to Unreal 5, but that they are a long way from presenting something In Game or In Engine, because the tool will only be available in early 2022.
I was never stunned by the graphics of Fortnite tbh, surprised it's a game made by UE4

I was never stunned by the graphics of Fortnite tbh, surprised it's a game made by UE4
Well the game was never supposed to look realistic if that's what you mean? I didn't actually know it was made on unreal until you said so 😁

I suppose a lot of people assume if it's made on l Unreal engine than it has to replicate a realistic artstyle else what's the point?

Back
Top Bottom