eFootball (All Platforms)

I'm struggling to cope with this to be honest, I know this might seem overly dramatic, afterall it's just a videogame, but it's not really just that, it's so much more, it's a hobby I've spent many hours in, and we all need activities we enjoy spending our time with, it's part of what makes life fun, another thing that is important in making life fun is human interaction, a sense of community, and PES gave me that too, especially with this place, but also with all of the hours I've spent playing co-op with my dad and cousins.

So many memories, this is a series that made me feel so many emotions, happy, sad, angry, anxious, dissapointed, relieved, surprised, euphoric... Something that made me feel so many things, that I had a genuine emotional engagement with, can't be shaken off as unimportant... and now it's dead.

I'll never get back from a store just staring at the game cover excited to get back home and play it, I'll never buy the game online and wait anxiously for it to be delivered at my door, I'll never read the manual and then pop the disk in to see the new menus and hear the new OST for the first time, I'll never replay the game years down the line to feel nostalgic about that specific season or era of football, I'll never experience the excitement of a new PES game with my dad again, and I'll never discuss it with you all here, because we'll never have a new PES game after this.

With every release there were things I disliked, and talking about them here and with my dad was part of the experience, I had hope that all of the stuff that was bad about it would change in the next release, and a lot of the times it did happen, but now that's not the case, if I hate eFOOTBALL, which I most likely will considering my time with the NFG, then tough luck, this is it, no new release to look forward to, just endless updates to a game I dislike.

I'm still going to browse this forum, we still have thread for all of the other PES games, especially the Retro-PES thread which I love, there are also the FIFA threads and I'm sure most of us will download eFOOTBALL to give it a shot when it comes out, since it's free anyway, and we'll come here to talk about it, but it's undeniable that we lose a lot with this model, it'll never be the same, it'll never feel the same, just being a smaller and somewhat niche community, updating and talking about the older releases, PES is essentially the new SWOS now.

I seriously can't stand this new model, digital only, no more box, cover or manual, free to play, offline modes probably coming later as DLC, being nothing but an afterthought... "You will own nothing, and you will be happy".

We have to create petition(i know is useless)to show them how many people are angry and disappointed around the world about their garbage
I think we should give this a shot first before anything else. Get the message to Konami that there is a bunch of old farts that want them to continue to make a seperate offline game under the PES brand that is focused on gameplay and gameplay only.

They want money? We will give them money. Give us a number Konami and the community will raise it.

I will ask myself if iniesta and pique are happy with this game even if iniesta thinks japanese producers have learned something about his gameplay style or football in general

My vision of the future right now rests on 2 hopes:

1. PES 2021 continues to get big support from the mod community (like PES 5/6 and WE 9 LE)
2. Some disgruntled Konami employee leaks the entire source code for PES 2021 and the community builds from there

1 is likely, 2 is unlikely but one can dream...

My vision of the future right now rests on 2 hopes:

1. PES 2021 continues to get big support from the mod community (like PES 5/6 and WE 9 LE)
2. Some disgruntled Konami employee leaks the entire source code for PES 2021 and the community builds from there

1 is likely, 2 is unlikely but one can dream...
This community would probably build a better PES game than KONAMI anyways

This really is the end of an era for me as PES was the only game I have bought every year since I got into it. I'll never forget walking into my local gaming store here in Sydney and purchasing PES 3 on a whim with no background knowledge of the game at all.

All I knew was that I loved football and was sick of playing FIFA so this game looked promising. The second I installed the game and saw the intro video I was so hyped and after playing I was absolutely addicted and have been ever since.

Since then life has changed so much in the last 18 years but PES was always a constant. In 18 years some family members and friends have unfortunately departed this world, the store I actually first bought PES 3 from no longer exists, girlfriends have come and gone (thankfully one stuck around and became my wife!) I've since changed jobs numerous times, but god damn PES was always there...

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore."

PES 3 was my first PES. I went from FIFA 2004 to PES 3, and stayed with PES ever since. I personally would loved if PES 2022 looked like that intro. But sadly, Konami's approach was what we old fans don't want. A shallow image of what made PES/WE so great. I miss PES3/4/5/6 music, not from "famous artists" whom I don't really care. You could have fun even by going through the menus in Edit mode and Master League. Man, how much I loved Master League, and how little effort did Konami on the main mode that makes PES/WE so special.

Funny thing, I didn't knew that PES and WE were the same, so when I was a kid I asked my parents for WE 7. My surprise were the intro was the same was priceless LOL. But as I gave my PES 3 to a friend, I was able to play again this beautiful game.

You will be miss, old friend.

EDIT:

Some good music that most here would appreciate:

Yeah that makes sense too.
But why would the game producer go on and on talking about photorealism in that interview we got about a month or two ago?.
Eh, standard guff isn't it really? They have been talking about photorealism for years. Plus, it's not inconceivable they can scale it up to look good in screenshots eventually. (Though, I do wonder, why they're releasing such terrible looking footage in their trailer...)
Can we Just mention that they bought around 30.000 or 15.000 likes for the eFootball 2022 Trailer?

Just look and compare the Like/View Ratio of other Videos.
They actually did:

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-21 at 21.22.16.jpeg
Nope, it's true man, alot of mobile players easily flocked and liked this, since they are who the game is for, the likes are real , and it's sad, at least we will be happy knowing the dislikes are also real, and that people with sense still exist!
Unfortunately mate, I think they really did buy a lot of those likes. See above :/

EDIT: Obvs the above concerns Twitter not YouTube, but if they're prepared to do it there, then they will likewise have no scruples on YouTube either.

Is there that much people that play PES online for them to make this kind of turn?
I'm fairly sure the offline modes won't have much, and even if they did... the game feels incredibly off! The gameplay they've shown looks plainly bad, like really bad. No shadows, same as the beta released a month ago. I really, really don't like the idea of going to FIFA, I've tried playing it in the last few days and the gameplay is awful (in my opinion, obviously).

If KONAMI genuinely don't have any intentions on going back to make BAL or ML better, I guess it really comes down to us modding the fuck out of PES2021. As @pesFanat1c mentioned above, if the code gets leaked maybe sometime in the future we will be able to get just a bit closer to what all of us want for the franchise, although is incredibly unlikely.

Such a bitter end.

Mod community... For PES 6 it doesn't matter, i put my PC on my HD average TV, but for PES 2021 i want to play on my big 4K.
I just buyed a PS5 as i'm a console, no money for a graphic card even if i wanted.

I could update all, but minifaces, uncheangable market value for some player, it too much work. Well, i didn't played a lot of PES 6 PC version in the time (more X360 version in fact lol)

So after playing iss since 97 on the PlayStation 1 demo(showing my age now) looks like the love affair may come to an end.

I'm a secondary school teacher now and even now I defend Pes to my students sometimes even showing them my goals (sad I know). Not sure what to think now?...

Was literally only getting a PS5 for the new pes. Every year around this time, I check for the new demo or beta.

Do I go and try fifa? Or just continue with pes 2021.

Shame on Konami.. Amount of money they've made from me and my friends who moved to pes after being a fifa player (until they saw the light).

End of an era.

Is there that much people that play PES online for them to make this kind of turn?
I'm fairly sure the offline modes won't have much, and even if they did... the game feels incredibly off! The gameplay they've shown looks plainly bad, like really bad. No shadows, same as the beta released a month ago. I really, really don't like the idea of going to FIFA, I've tried playing it in the last few days and the gameplay is awful (in my opinion, obviously).

If KONAMI genuinely don't have any intentions on going back to make BAL or ML better, I guess it really comes down to us modding the fuck out of PES2021. As @pesFanat1c mentioned above, if the code gets leaked maybe sometime in the future we will be able to get just a bit closer to what all of us want for the franchise, although is incredibly unlikely.

Such a bitter end.
So we can stand with pes 21 and keep developing mods for everyear so we can look for a real football game or at least near it

Guys as a community we need to do something

We are not alone, let's see other communities like european and south american and you see that we're really a big family....if we put all our efforts, maybe we can reach some results, who knows? We're stronger with a lot of great people around the world able to create something unique about mods, stadiums, faces, kits...better than Konami employees

It's not even just PES the game that's gone downhill and succumbed to greed, the community and mentality surrounding it has left a sour taste for me for a while because of the rise of paid mods, locked CPKs, modders selling shit on their FB pages instead of sharing with the community etc.

There's still a bunch of great modders in the editing sections of this site but I've been met by paywalls a few times and hate how PES Universe has become so synonymous with PES OFs to scam console players.

Hopefully this change will at least put them out of action.

Back
Top Bottom