eFootball (All Platforms)

What happened to FB page called PES development team which it supposed to be a page to receive feedback from community and then get abandoned
hAHHAH NICE joke mate.You made my day, the best i listened today..Jokes aside, it was doomed to die since the begining. Except for obvious KONAMI lazyness, opening a feedback page, with no PMs possibility, or something to send feedback and be more flexible than the rigid wepes support/report email system, is destined to fail.

Posting feedback as a comment, in a post with 1,000+ comments, was like a stone thrown in the ocean.

Imagine being an actual developer in this day and age. You played great games in your childhood like PES 4/5/6, Max Payne, AoE, Medieval Total War, GTA, Bully, AC 1/2 and decided to become a game dev. You enter the industry and all of a sudden it's a microtransaction hell that preys on kids and makes the addicted to gambling.

No wonder indie or newly emerging studios are doing so well. There is nothing left for people who want to produce a good game on mainstream side of things.

Seitaro Kimura, eFootball producer, on offline:
"We made the game so that people would have fun playing against other players, since it is more exciting than playing against an AI."

giphy.gif

Fortunately, there's still From Software/Miyazaki who doesn't care about actual standards.
This game are as hard like 16 bits games, and not that much related with online gaming. You can play coop, can go in an arena for PVP and some places where you can be attacked (but you can avoid them), and that's all.
Coop isn't really the same, it's a choice you made yourself if you struggle against a boss.

Seitaro Kimura, remember well that name... Isn't the guy who was mentionned as "stubborn" and as the new PES "executive"?

When you watch the trailer you can only be speechless. How shit this game looks. They are still 5 years away from creating a game for the new generation of consoles.

Let them sell their shit to the kids. None of us would be happy with this game in this state. Even if it had offline modes.

Football as a serious simulation for a video game is now officially dead and we are officially dinosaurs.

Seitaro Kimura, eFootball producer, on offline:
"We made the game so that people would have fun playing against other players, since it is more exciting than playing against an AI."

giphy.gif
Let me see... all content with a prize of 2.000€? Is that so? Copy and paste of Tecmo/Koei? No Thank You Monyami.

They actually did:

View attachment 111503

Unfortunately mate, I think they really did buy a lot of those likes. See above :/
Oh my God. That is absolutely shocking.

That is the final slap in the face. They've killed the PES brand name and spent marketing money on buying likes for the new one, so that people go "hey, that brand has lots of likes, it must be cool".

From game developers to desperate influencers. I just can't believe it.

This community would probably build a better PES game than KONAMI anyways
Yeah, you are right. What did we need from Konami? Foremost, the gameplay. All other elements were more and more made by the community. So, we should try to put our own football game, offline mode together. Make everything easy to edit, every league, every thing. Why shouldn't we do this. It's time to get out of the "new Normal".

Yeah, you are right. What did we need from Konami? Foremost, the gameplay. All other elements were more and more made by the community. So, we should try to put our own football game, offline mode together. Make everything easy to edit, every league, every thing. Why shouldn't we do this. It's time to get out of the "new Normal".
My dream is simple. Unlicensed all teams, leagues of anything and import them all using only the option file.

Eh, standard guff isn't it really? They have been talking about photorealism for years. Plus, it's not inconceivable they can scale it up to look good in screenshots eventually. (Though, I do wonder, why they're releasing such terrible looking footage in their trailer...)

They actually did:

View attachment 111503

Unfortunately mate, I think they really did buy a lot of those likes. See above :/

EDIT: Obvs the above concerns Twitter not YouTube, but if they're prepared to do it there, then they will likewise have no scruples on YouTube either.
Don't know if you remember or not, our not so recent arguement, when i called that instead of them investing in real quality content, for some reason they invest more in stupid propaganda tools, which i find pointless for PES

I used the word pseudo or crypto fasism . Ok, "fasism" was a bit exaggerated, but this image of yours is exactly what i wanted to mean.

Ι am pretty convinced that their youtube trailer, has also some paid "likes", it does n't make sense per views, with their usual views/likes ratios.

Last edited:
Eh, standard guff isn't it really? They have been talking about photorealism for years. Plus, it's not inconceivable they can scale it up to look good in screenshots eventually. (Though, I do wonder, why they're releasing such terrible looking footage in their trailer...)

They actually did:

EDIT: Obvs the above concerns Twitter not YouTube, but if they're prepared to do it there, then they will likewise have no scruples on YouTube either.

I thought they did, I saw the trailer pretty early after it went up and they already had 10k+ likes with a massively positive ratio. That is so scummy and pathetic, but oddly not out of place when you consider the dishonesty of everything else.

Honestly though, when's the last time they actually cared about offline modes/AI? Most years they've just paid the bare minimum lip-service with maybe a new lick of paint in some menu or other.

The game has gone years without teams (even partner ones) even being given proper tactics. They just copy+paste the same shit to half the teams in the league. Whole league seasons played in 2 or 3 generic stadiums, keepers rooted to their line in 1v1s, AI not shooting, AI not crossing, only scoring near post on the turn from a low cross, no AI dribbling, no AI long shots, broken cup game AI att/def level etc..... Could go on forever listing instances of total dogshit AI and a complete lack of effort in anything related to offline play from various iterations from the last 5+ years. Most of them have barely been playable offline without manually editing all the tactics. Out of the box Konami-style, they're shite, absolutely no effort made.

At least now they're being honest about their neglect of single player. In some ways I'd rather hear this than their pathetic boasts of a "Revamped Master League" and similar like they did for 2020 when it turns out to be total bollocks.

At least now they're being honest about their neglect of single player. In some ways I'd rather hear this than their pathetic boasts of a "Revamped Master League" and similar like they did for 2020 when it turns out to be total bollocks
True. But at the same time id rather hear
- we dont care about Master League. Play the bare bones or fuck off
...than for the mode to be taken away completely... :LOL: i expected this will happen to Become a Legend, but never Master League..

There's not only PC players here. If we could change minifaces, get rid of licenced kits and modify presets, well even with the IG editor it shouldn't be impossible to do something for PS players at least.
But i'll wait if there's an edit mode on Efootball, and at least PL and others Fifpro league. I don't hope too much, but it's not that impossible, for Efootball gamer if they want to play with Man City as an example... Then that's what the DLC may serve.
Not enough teams, no Real neither etc. It's too restrictive they got to have at least a database... There's teams they can't do without it. Even if it's a bit restricted.

What's ticking me is the recent deal with AFC nations cup. I don't know sincerely what to think.

True. But at the same time id rather hear
- we dont care about Master League. Play the bare bones or fuck off
...than for the mode to be taken away completely... :LOL: i expected this will happen to Become a Legend, but never Master League..
To an extent I agree if you find some modicum of enjoyment in the current ML, but in the state it's been in the last few years it's been as good as absent for me anyway as I certainly couldn't stomach even one full season; any attempt was filled with anger rather than enjoyment and promptly abandoned.

At least not existing means I can't be tempted to try it and get pissed off about how bad it is.

What an absolute joke. I remember seeing the messi next gen teaser and giving Konami the benefit of the doubt for taking so long to come out with the new game. Only to be slapped in the face.

I am still holding on to some hope that they will release a next gen version of the game somehow. Maybe it had to get pushed back a year because they ran out of time and they figured this was their next best option.

I've been a sports gamer since I was a kid, WWE/Madden/NBA/NHL/FIFA/PES. It's just so sad what has happened to sports game the past decade. Copy paste lazy iterations, gambling online modes, forgetting about the career/manager modes. This shit is just so depressing.

This series is beginning to remind me of NBA Live. They are just gonna kill themselves. Now we know why they were so quiet about the game for months, they knew the outrage that would happen.

I can't believe back in 2013, I thought we were entering the golden age of gaming smh

Back
Top Bottom