EA SPORTS FC 25

Another aspect of career mode that I am enjoying is injuries - Had a couple of short term ones so far but now my leading goalscorer has just been ruled out for 2 months.

Really adds to the challenge and keeps things a bit more realistic.

EA has never cracked menus in my opinion - from the dawn of FIFA - but Jesus H. Christ wept the state of Career Mode menus. There's a lot to be said for having all options on one screen in a vertical list.
Yeah menus in football games are a major source of frustration for me. And somehow they've gotten more inconvenient over the years compared to 10 years ago.

Another aspect of career mode that I am enjoying is injuries - Had a couple of short term ones so far but now my leading goalscorer has just been ruled out for 2 months.

Really adds to the challenge and keeps things a bit more realistic.
Yes, I had 3 important players out for 1-3 months.
I'm also not doing any trainings/recoveries/massages/whatever and I'm having a really nice fatigue impact. This is first FIFA where I am forced to rotate squad on regular basis and have to constantly reach out to the reserves. I really like this!

Yes, I had 3 important players out for 1-3 months.
I'm also not doing any trainings/recoveries/massages/whatever and I'm having a really nice fatigue impact. This is first FIFA where I am forced to rotate squad on regular basis and have to constantly reach out to the reserves. I really like this!
Do you play with regular simulation settings or have you changed the injury sliders?

EA has never cracked menus in my opinion - from the dawn of FIFA - but Jesus H. Christ wept the state of Career Mode menus. There's a lot to be said for having all options on one screen in a vertical list.
well, I’ve seen worse in other games. 😊 I’m ok-ish with them.

What I do miss is the ease of navigating the team management screen from the other title. Man, that was working like bliss.
Swapping players, moving them in position, giving players personal instructions, etc…

If the gameplay is right, I can overlook that. See the racing game AMS2! 😉
Sorry (but not) for mentioning it again. 😊

What I do miss is the ease of navigating the team management screen from the other title. Man, that was working like bliss.
Swapping players, moving them in position, giving players personal instructions, etc…

Yes. Navigating the menu to change tactics is absurd. Even changing cameras or match time...it's some many clicks to do anything. And awkward when you get there.

Yeah menus in football games are a major source of frustration for me. And somehow they've gotten more inconvenient over the years compared to 10 years ago.

Unusual wording (perhaps poor translation) aside, PS2 PES menus were elite. All laid out in front of you, and snappy to navigate. Fuck fashion; function is king.

Agree it could be worse. Like the PS1 FIFA menus, which were baffling to navigate. But that's little comfort! And yes, the gameplay is the most important thing. However, I'd rather not find myself frustrated between each match.

Yes. Navigating the menu to change tactics is absurd. Even changing cameras or match time...it's some many clicks to do anything. And awkward when you get there.
Yeah, I have to agree. Some of the stuff is hidden in such weird places that I'm having problems finding it.

The other day I realised that the game finally has some semi-decent match recap highlights at the end of the matches.
Where are they?
Inside "highlighter replay".
Why don't we just have "match recap" on the main screen at the end??

Yeah, I have to agree. Some of the stuff is hidden in such weird places that I'm having problems finding it.

The other day I realised that the game finally has some semi-decent match recap highlights at the end of the matches.
Where are they?
But… 😂 the replay feature, with all its expanded options, I dig. 👌
Also tactics import by code is a nice thing to have. Share your tactics mates!!! 🥳

Where are they?

I wondered that. What the hell is a highlighter anyway?

Damn - thank you, considering this has been an issue for a long time, I was suspicious that it had magically been fixed so quickly after release!

I still feel like I'm going slightly mad and maybe it's just in my head when this happens, but the fact that a few people have now said this publicly (and not for the first time - people have said this for years at release time, but it seems more noticeable for me this time around)...

It's just unplayable for me personally when it speeds up the way it does. I wonder if the tactical AI settings can do something about this - but then, it feels like a base game-speed issue rather than teams just playing passes more quickly...

i finally finished my trial. I have to say...by the end, i was really quite impressed.
The variety of playing with Napoli, Madrid, Leverkusen was really great. Leverkuson, i could literally recreate their slightly slow, slightly soft way of playing.
And playing as Blackburn at ewood park (how long have I wanted this stadium in a game!) was so close to championship football.

PC USERS: And for the last three hours I actually played without stuttering by turning dynamic resolution ON, against the advice of reddit/EA forums.
Playing as Madrid, Valverde and Mbappe were just electric, without stutters.

Chris: I dont think you're going mad. The game does speeds up at times. I am hypersensitive to this sort of thing, and it can be lonely when only you can see it!

However, I noticed that steam was having a problem updating my game...prepatch the menus were insanely laggy. Once I sorted out some kind of "registry" error, the game was more stable. I cant give any guarantees...but it definitely felt more stable.

My own neurosis with fifa is: how long, should I buy it, before I realise im seeing the same sort of attacking patterns playing out? I havent yet, and it feels like almost any sort of attack can transpire, depending on the opposition, but I'm still so reluctant to spend £50-60 and find out after 10 hours that the old fifa problem of repetition in attacking approach play, rather than goals, has reared its ugly head again.

There's some odd feature of the dribbling or the input. I always find myself turning back into trouble after tackling the CPU. I don't know if it's me over anticipating the CPU's next move or something. It happens when I dribble 1v1 as well, I seem to beat the player the turn back into them and lose the ball.

The other thing is the player select when defending. Tried all the options and it still makes no sense. Game will select your CB when there's a midfielder closer and vice versa. Plus the classic defenders running away to create space.

Enjoying it though, big improvement over 24, like I said being able to play long range passes from midfield has been missing for years.

Unusual wording (perhaps poor translation) aside, PS2 PES menus were elite. All laid out in front of you, and snappy to navigate. Fuck fashion; function is king.
Absolutely. Sure, background cutscenes in menus & flashy transitions are impressive the first couple of times but boy those extra seconds of tedium add up to A valuable year of your life wasted on UI navigation.

Finally EA give us such things like Sim mode and sliders and both german PC gaming news site's "Gamestar" and "PC Games". made twice YT videos and reviews how they dislike FC25.

But I'm so lucky to have the new slider and Sim/tactical modes - yea it is not perfect, but it goes to the right way - but they don't talk in any word about it.

Only messages are, "it is the same like every year" and "the differences are not big enough". And what makes me really disapointed about that is, as a conclusion both are saying, FC25 is not for the real Fifa franchise fans. I could :SICK: in every office rooms from both, wanna be gaming journalism houses.

I changed every aspect of weight, even the number of hairs in the race director's nose.

Can I ask if editing is possible at least to a small extent?

Holly shit, i didnt believe it. Sim/ tactical mode is really good. Good tempo, plays nice, ai plays nice. Passing is much better thank 24 and ball physics. Im surprised.
Is it possible to cross fast, mid high ball? i tried many combinations. I think crossing is too slow and too high?
I having the same problem with playing long passing and crosses. I do them very high and slow sometimes. Need tips please (pes player).

Back
Top Bottom