EA SPORTS FC 25

Dunno if it is my set-up, but pressing L1 to start a player run as normal but quickly flicking the right stick after engages similar.

You can also use the input following the 1-2 command (L1 + any pass button, then flick right stick)

EDIT:

So, you can do it with both types of runs:

- Tap L1 then quickly flick right stick to direct a forward run

- Tap R1 then quickly flick right stick to direct a come short run

It really does open up the game more, and also adds a layer of 'unintended difficulty' to the single player experience as once you know those mechanics are there, you won't be able to stop yourself using it in situations when you maybe should stick to the basics :LMAO: But I don't see that as a bad thing, really.
L1 plus r stick I got working now.
R1 plus r stick not… so far. But I thank you.

Last edited:
Is it worth buying a PS5 for this or just get 24/25 FIFA 16 patch? I’ve held off because no football game has warranted buying it yet which is largely what I play

One thing I dislike from what I see is how the AI plays. Since EA added agile dribbling (L2 + R2) it’s what the AI use for that glitchy skatey side step mess we see them do a lot that humans can’t really replicate

Last edited:
L1 plus r stick I BVG it working now.
R1 plus r stick not… so far. But I thank you.

It doesn't really work for me either, neither did it in EAFC 24. Maybe one out of 30 attempts or so.

But I had a scene earlier where I had just gone into the opponent's box with my striker and saw a midfielder on the edge of the screen make a triggered run (including this green arrow) towards my own goal. Whatever I did with my controller. :LMAO:

But I like these first touches you can trigger with RB/R1 + right stick when receiving a ball.

All in all I'm really pleased so far. If they fixed that speed bug problem now, I can finally start a career mode.

It doesn't really work for me either, neither did it in EAFC 24. Maybe one out of 30 attempts or so.

But I had a scene earlier where I had just gone into the opponent's box with my striker and saw a midfielder on the edge of the screen make a triggered run (including this green arrow) towards my own goal. Whatever I did with my controller. :LMAO:

But I like these first touches you can trigger with RB/R1 + right stick when receiving a ball.

All in all I'm really pleased so far. If they fixed that speed bug problem now, I can finally start a career mode.
What do you mean? Fancy first touches… like lobbing the ball with a turn around move, for example?!

What do you mean? Fancy first touches… like lobbing the ball with a turn around move, for example?!

No. For example, when you receive the ball, you can play it directly in a different direction and process it further.

With good timing you can really catch an opponent on the wrong foot and create space for yourself.

With RB/R1 + flicking right stick it's a more controlled touch, with RB/R1 + holding right stick it's more risky.

Is it worth buying a PS5 for this or just get 24/25 FIFA 16 patch? I’ve held off because no football game has warranted buying it yet which is largely what I play

One thing I dislike from what I see is how the AI plays. Since EA added agile dribbling (L2 + R2) it’s what the AI use for that glitchy skatey side step mess we see them do a lot that humans can’t really replicate
In any case I don't think it's worth it to buy a PS5 when you already have a gaming pc. Especially knowing that exclusive games are not that exclusive anymore...

One thing I will say the atmosphere on the game is spot on. I was playing as Aston Villa Vs Manchester United against a friend today old style on the couch, and I scored a cracking goal with Watkins on the counter attack and the sound from the fans was amazing. It really made the goal feel a lot better especially on an overcast day at Villa Park

Guys, big question.......... does Fifa 25 have finally more fouls? I mean offline derby match where AI would make more fouls and I would get free kicks. Just rough play a little bit. Thank you very much.

Guys, big question.......... does Fifa 25 have finally more fouls? I mean offline derby match where AI would make more fouls and I would get free kicks. Just rough play a little bit. Thank you very much.

No, there's hardly any fouls. But I'm happy to forgive it personally at the moment, as there's more to be happy about that usual with this game. I just have to pretend it's not a thing. I'm choosing my battles these days with football games.

Fortunately they also seem to have got rid of the out of context, ludicrous lunges which lead to a red card out of nowhere in the second minute because they couldn't figure out how to code more fouls so they just did that!

No, there's hardly any fouls. But I'm happy to forgive it personally at the moment, as there's more to be happy about that usual with this game. I just have to pretend it's not a thing. I'm choosing my battles these days with football games.

Fortunately they also seem to have got rid of the out of context, ludicrous lunges which lead to a red card out of nowhere in the second minute because they couldn't figure out how to code more fouls so they just did that!
Thank you. Then I have to stay with PES 5. :)) Maybe next year.... :D

Hi guys, what video settings are you using? I have a pretty good 3080 with solid CPU as well but from time to time experiencing some serious stuttering and lag.

Hi guys, what video settings are you using? I have a pretty good 3080 with solid CPU as well but from time to time experiencing some serious stuttering and lag.
6800xt here 4k, everything maxed out)… but running flawless during a match… besides the pre game cutscenes stutter.

The in-match cutscenes could be better also. But pure gameplay is flawless

Anyone had any penalties? Almost full season done and I haven't had a single one, which is very strange for EAFC
I have had ~5 penalties against me in maybe 20 games for my manager career mode. One of them the attacker just ran into the back of my defender, in the box, the ball was long gone but I'm guessing he ended up locked to it. Falls on top of my defender, PK.
The majority of the PKs were very soft, one was even a shoulder to shoulder with the attacker staying on his feet.
All other cards have been the AI deciding it's time to break a leg.

I get almost constant stutter at almost any setting even low.

Never had a problem on pc fifa/ea fc before. Get 10 second periods without stuttering, then stuttering for a minute.
I can run Le Mans Ultimate on high/ultra but not this game.

I've accepted that after my trial.ends I womt be buying it.
£60 is far too expensive anyway. For almost any game. I dont feel that price is value for money at all for ea fc 25.

Although I think the game is reasonably solid overall.

I get almost constant stutter at almost any setting even low.

Never had a problem on pc fifa/ea fc before. Get 10 second periods without stuttering, then stuttering for a minute.
I can run Le Mans Ultimate on high/ultra but not this game.

£60 is far too expensive anyway. For almost any game. I dont feel that price is value for money at all for ea fc 25.

Although I think the game is reasonably solid overall.
When do we meet on tack mate?! …and where? I wanna slam dust of my tires onto your windshield. 😂

Edit: it’s 30 bucks in key stores.

Last edited:

I get that prices for games have gone up, but I personally never really understand this viewpoint especially for football games like this and FM.

How many hours do we all get from these games? Each to their own but I've already put in about another ten hours since my initial ten hour trial finished.

Think we gets hundreds of hours a year out of these titles, I personally don't think it's bad value. Again, it can be frustrating when you feel they've not updated anything year on year but this year it actually feels like they've made some sort of effort.*

* Apart from not giving me the option to turn off pitch wear in career mode after over 5 years which is totally immersion breaking.

I'm going to post something a little negative about FC 25, which if you know my posts may be a shock. Playing Liverpool away at Brighton last night, on FUMA. All going decently well, a very close 1-1 game until about the 82nd minute. Brighton suddenly just changed, and went on to score two goals that I felt I could do nothing about. Final score 3-1, but their goals felt a little... 'fake' I guess would be the word? I don't want to use the infamous gaming s word, but it felt like that just to guarantee Brighton the win. The 80 minutes before that, they had chances, but they felt completely different in the last 10

(Note, I was down to 10 men for over half of the match)

I'm going to post something a little negative about FC 25, which if you know my posts may be a shock. Playing Liverpool away at Brighton last night, on FUMA. All going decently well, a very close 1-1 game until about the 82nd minute. Brighton suddenly just changed, and went on to score two goals that I felt I could do nothing about. Final score 3-1, but their goals felt a little... 'fake' I guess would be the word? I don't want to use the infamous gaming s word, but it felt like that just to guarantee Brighton the win. The 80 minutes before that, they had chances, but they felt completely different in the last 10

(Note, I was down to 10 men for over half of the match)
It's something that happen in everygame, since I play FIFA 14 that kind of situations, forced AI goals or the deffensive AI suddenly forget how to play have been happened to me in a lot of FIFAS

I get that prices for games have gone up, but I personally never really understand this viewpoint especially for football games like this and FM.

How many hours do we all get from these games? Each to their own but I've already put in about another ten hours since my initial ten hour trial finished.

Think we gets hundreds of hours a year out of these titles, I personally don't think it's bad value. Again, it can be frustrating when you feel they've not updated anything year on year but this year it actually feels like they've made some sort of effort.*

* Apart from not giving me the option to turn off pitch wear in career mode after over 5 years which is totally immersion breaking.

As I said,it's not the price itself. It's that the price does not represent value for THIS game.

If fifa 16 came out now, I'd buy it for £60.. I recognise the price per hour of a football game is low,and has been since I started with pes1 on the ps2.

But it just doesn't feel that way for this game. I've played almost no football games for 3 to 4 years. This game,whilst really quite good in some respects, doesnt quite justify the price for me, BECAUSE I would not be playing it for that many hours, I expect.

Otherwise I accept your argument on price per playing hour.

On the othe hand.. I will have spent £60 on automobilista 2 by the end of this year...which feels an absolute steal at price per hour (ive gladly paid non sale prices for dlc too, such is the value).

As I said,it's not the price itself. It's that the price does not represent value for THIS game.

If fifa 16 came out now, I'd buy it for £60.. I recognise the price per hour of a football game is low,and has been since I started with pes1 on the ps2.

But it just doesn't feel that way for this game. I've played almost no football games for 3 to 4 years. This game,whilst really quite good in some respects, doesnt quite justify the price for me, BECAUSE I would not be playing it for that many hours, I expect.

Otherwise I accept your argument on price per playing hour.

On the othe hand.. I will have spent £60 on automobilista 2 by the end of this year...which feels an absolute steal at price per hour (ive gladly paid non sale prices for dlc too, such is the value).
Yeah. Great value. I enjoy it a lot.
Can’t wait for 1.6 to drop. 🥳

Back
Top Bottom