EA SPORTS FC 25

Clearly there is something in the EA's 'black box' of gameplay that cannot be reached with mods and that is totally disconcerting. With your permission, a question: You who have good exposure on social networks about the FIFA/EA FC brand, have you never been able to reach a DEV with a question about this issue that has been going on for years?
Cross comments with Tom Caleffi, at the time I asked that they separate the online and offline gaming experiences, and the simulator mode. They heard part of that. I'm going to gather more information about this problem, but I want to rest assured that I'm not the only crazy person who notices this...

Cross comments with Tom Caleffi, at the time I asked that they separate the online and offline gaming experiences, and the simulator mode. They heard part of that. I'm going to gather more information about this problem, but I want to rest assured that I'm not the only crazy person who notices this...

Of course nono, I followed some of the public tweets where you asked to separate the online and offline gameplay. You are part of the movement that achieved this change. When I saw it implemented I couldn't believe it (Simulation Sliders).

I am 42 years old and I have been playing Career Mode since FIFA08 (Manager Mode was what it was called at that time). When the NextGen version of consoles became equal to PC, I switched to the PC version. And this 'ghost' has been happening since about FIFA 21-22 on the PC platform. I didn't have the opportunity to see if this same effect happens on consoles as well, but on PC it's certain.

The same match, from a point in a saved game loaded at two different times, from morning to night or from one day to the next, has a high chance of feeling like a completely different game.

You can!

According to this - R1 + right stick.

Dunno if it is my set-up, but pressing L1 to start a player run as normal but quickly flicking the right stick after engages similar.

You can also use the input following the 1-2 command (L1 + any pass button, then flick right stick)

EDIT:

So, you can do it with both types of runs:

- Tap L1 then quickly flick right stick to direct a forward run

- Tap R1 then quickly flick right stick to direct a come short run

It really does open up the game more, and also adds a layer of 'unintended difficulty' to the single player experience as once you know those mechanics are there, you won't be able to stop yourself using it in situations when you maybe should stick to the basics :LMAO: But I don't see that as a bad thing, really.

Last edited:
Dunno if it is my set-up, but pressing L1 to start a player run as normal but quickly flicking the right stick after engages similar.

You can also use the input following the 1-2 command (L1 + any pass button, then flick right stick)

EDIT:

So, you can do it with both types of runs:

- Tap L1 then quickly flick right stick to direct a forward run

- Tap R1 then quickly flick right stick to direct a come short run

It really does open up the game more, and also adds a layer of 'unintended difficulty' to the single player experience as once you know those mechanics are there, you won't be able to stop yourself using it in situations when you maybe should stick to the basics :LMAO: But I don't see that as a bad thing, really.
Great to hear!

What I always liked in the other title was controlling 2 players at the same time, one on each stick.

You're not the only one bud, it's so blatantly obvious that I'm surprised it hasn't been picked up more over the years. At a functional level the game is different almost every time you play. This problem has affect both FIFA and PES since at least the start of the last console generation.

I've come across all sorts of theories such as memory leaks, server based gameplay changes, emotion scripts, time-of-day specific gameplay among others. I personally spent years looking through PES gameplay files searching for a way to 'disable' these random changes but had no joy.

Anyone had any penalties? Almost full season done and I haven't had a single one, which is very strange for EAFC

None so far. …only kick off matches.

Did you guys tinker with ref strictness?
I think I have mine set to strict.
But I don't think this affects what referee see as fouls and it doesn't make them whistle more. I think it only affects his cards. So people who complain about too many red cards should just lower the strictness. I think. Might be wrong tho.

I think I have mine set to strict.
But I don't think this affects what referee see as fouls and it doesn't make them whistle more. I think it only affects his cards. So people who complain about too many red cards should just lower the strictness. I think. Might be wrong tho.
Yeah. I get the idea.
Will have a look next matches and try the strict setting.

For testing purposes… 😂 you know how it is.

Struggling here fellas. Feeling useless at this game, pes player.. Playing this on World class/6 mins length. Scoring just about once a game... Alot of times my passes get intercepted or goes striaght to the other team (computer). Is this the same for you guys? Not playing on manual so not sure why.

Passing doesn't seem snappy like pes? Any way I can improve this? I'm playing on Sim if it makes a difference.

Struggling here fellas. Feeling useless at this game, pes player.. Playing this on World class/6 mins length. Scoring just about once a game... Alot of times my passes get intercepted or goes striaght to the other team (computer). Is this the same for you guys? Not playing on manual so not sure why.

Passing doesn't seem snappy like pes? Any way I can improve this? I'm playing on Sim if it makes a difference.

Hopefully this helps...

I had to get over this hurdle. I think the key is the different way moves are built in both games.

Pes has always had very good (yet inconsistent) teammate AI so you could build rapid, sweeping moves, exactly as you see on tv.

However, fifa has two differences.
One, the teammate AI still isnt as good as pes, though it's much better.
Two, fifa teammates move later than pes teammates, especiallyin sim mode. So you have to pause momentarily and play each moment as it is, rather than play out the move instinctively, as in pes, or as you think it should be.

I've played lots of fifa over the years, but I still forget to wait after a pass, assess, and play the next moment as it actually is, and not as I think it should be, which even efootball is very good at making happen.

It can make fifa lack the instinctive and improvisational immediacy of pes. But it provides a different kind of satisfaction.

Also play on professional first, to learn the rhythms of fifa I think.

I agree with @FShas but I was the same as you, I have had to recondition my brain over the last couple of weeks after wracking up hundreds of hours on PES21.

FC25 definitely plays different - You have to be a bit more composed and scan the field to pick out your best passing/movement options. On PES21, I was just so used to knowing where my players would be and the types of runs they would make it was a lot easier to ping passes around.

The only thing I would add above and beyond what has already been said is don’t be afraid to go back. I have used my GK and CB’s so much in order to build attacks back up and retain possession. The best pass isn’t always forward, take an easier option to go back and keep possession then build up again until space opens up.

I made a small mod for the PC version of FC 25.

Anyone who knows how I roll, knows I love my immersion and like to play with minimal HUD, so I removed the player indicator, ball marker and power bar.

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the secondary press indicator so if anyone knows how, let me know please and I'll update the file.

Install using the FIFA Mod Manager

https://www.fifaeditortool.com/download

Attachments

• Immersive Indicators.rar
    111.9 KB · Views: 2
I made a small mod for the PC version of FC 25.

Anyone who knows how I roll, knows I love my immersion and like to play with minimal HUD, so I removed the player indicator, ball marker and power bar.

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the secondary press indicator so if anyone knows how, let me know please and I'll update the file.

Install using the FIFA Mod Manager

https://www.fifaeditortool.com/download
You should talk to @Anth James … maybe it’s possible to have that feature as an option in the upcoming ‘25 mod?! 😊🤷‍♂️

I agree with @FShas but I was the same as you, I have had to recondition my brain over the last couple of weeks after wracking up hundreds of hours on PES21.

FC25 definitely plays different - You have to be a bit more composed and scan the field to pick out your best passing/movement options. On PES21, I was just so used to knowing where my players would be and the types of runs they would make it was a lot easier to ping passes around.

The only thing I would add above and beyond what has already been said is don’t be afraid to go back. I have used my GK and CB’s so much in order to build attacks back up and retain possession. The best pass isn’t always forward, take an easier option to go back and keep possession then build up again until space opens up.
Thank you for the good reply. Yes, I am struggling with the passing mainly as they get intercepted. What passing settings do you use? Also what camera do you recommend.

One big difference between the games on passing is curl. In PES, passes will be shaped around the defender in the way in a lot of scenarios, in FIFA they're always direct and take no note of any player in the way.

Also, FIFA takes the direction input until the last second of the animation completing. In PES it's locked as soon as you've pressed X, that catches me out a lot on FIFA, I forget and begin my direction press for the pass receiver before the action is completed and it goes all over the place.

One big difference between the games on passing is curl. In PES, passes will be shaped around the defender in the way in a lot of scenarios, in FIFA they're always direct and take no note of any player in the way.

Also, FIFA takes the direction input until the last second of the animation completing. In PES it's locked as soon as you've pressed X, that catches me out a lot on FIFA, I forget and begin my direction press for the pass receiver before the action is completed and it goes all over the place.
You can change this option so that you can't change the passing direction in the last moment.

I think controls might be bugged as well

I was right - according to in game instructions - you can trigger directional runs by R1 + right stick. That doesn't work anymore.

Same with precision lob - R1 + circle. It worked before and it doesn't work for me anymore. Precision through ball (R1 + triangle) is the only thing that still works

Edit:
And now it fucking working again.. I'm so confused..

I don't know if Precision Lob is a new thing in EAFC25, or was it always a thing (in that case I'm an idiot), but it's so fucking satisfying to use!!!

Last edited:
Really? That would be huge news, I don't think EA have ever even acknowledged either issue.
Yes, I didn't see any update myself.
To be fair - I haven't had any speed increase today, but I was playing in League 2 only and did not have any cup/tournament matches.

Another thing - if you go and play online - it will change your controller settings to competitive.
I played few matches in Online Seasons on Manual and when I then I had few really shitty matches in my Career Mode.
This was until I realised that the game switched my settings to competitive and I had contextual dribbling, advanced defending, auto flair passes and other crap enabled.
So if you going in between online and offline - double check all your settings before matches.

Back
Top Bottom