EA SPORTS FC 25

>cameras are broken in some settings, in some games I can’t see half the pitch due to the roof blocking the camera?
>Speed variations without changing speed (play lower league and it’s perfect pace, play premier league and we are back to jelly legs)
>lots of repetition in the awkward goalkeeper one handed (wrong handed) saves
>I found playing prem teams (much less so lower league) they appear to magnetically hold their positions, creating wide open spaces in critical areas (like centre half)

It’s a bit too buggy for me at the moment. Underneath is a good game, but it needs some patches to stabilise and balance things out imo.

Gave the trial a whirl.

It's not too bad, it feels better than many of the latest FIFA/EA games but I won't be buying it.

Main issues are the lack of involvement by off the ball players. They just stand, rooted in their default positions.

I played as Villa and Ramsey had the ball. Watkins ran ahead of me & the CB close to him tracked the run. Because Watkins ran left, it opened a gap down the middle. The other CB, in any game of footy you ever watch, would then come into the space to defend the ball carrier. Nope, he literally ran the other way and I was able to just run through acres of space and score.

This happened about 5 times in the same game. I ended up just trying worldie efforts from 30 yards because it was so easy. That was on WC, simulation settings.

The next thing is shooting. It doesn't feel right. It's like it's floaty. To test it I loaded up FIFA 16 straight after. I have shooting at 51 power on and tried the same shots I was trying on FC25. It felt so much better. I then went back on FC25 and adjusted the shooting power but it makes no difference.

The CPU sliders work, I put skill moves for them down to 20 and didn't see the stupid 'get to the edge of the box and do 20 back heels etc...' but the fact it has a clearly visible 1v1 system still at the core wrecks anything the game does do right.

Again, I loaded up FIFA 16 and let the AI have the ball. I watched my players and the whole of my defence was moving, tracking runs, the Midfield were dropping back to cover space etc...

I'm glad I tried the trial. Some will enjoy the game. The presentation and stuff is first class but I'd forsake all of that for just pure, addictive gameplay. I played 4 or 5 games last night and at any moment could switch it off. Loaded up my FIFA 16 career mode and literally had to remind myself I had work today and needed to go to bed because I could of played it all night.

Anyone know why they randomly added Bristol City, Coventry City and Blackburn Rovers stadiums into the game when there's still half a dozen other Championship grounds that have never been in the game? I can understand why Portsmouth were added obviously but seems weird they just thought they'd put in these three for shit and giggles, other than Coventry they haven't come close to being in the Premier league.

Keeping playing trial: i somehow like the game. It's the best fifa/FC since fifa20.
I would rate It as a 6.5/10, so to me it's a decent game,on sim sliders.
I would like buy it, but a voice in my head tell me " why should you buy a game,to play offline single player,when fifa16 is still miles ahead than this?"
I am sure i will not appreciate the game on default sliders to play it online seasons,so offline would be my choice, but offline fifa16 and old Pes still make me smile,while this.... i don't know..
100%. There are not really many football games out there, but more than enough which do a better job in physics, lifelike movement, tactics and even visuals. There is absolutely no need to play FC25 just because it is new (at least for offline players).

I’m on PC, trail version. It started originally but now it won’t launch the game, just the small FC25 in black and green square before going back to the EA app. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and repairing the game from inside the EA app but no luck, the same thing is happening.

Anyone have any advice?

On pc. Had exactly this problem. I had to sign in to ea play directly to fix it. Have you tried this?

100%. There are not really many football games out there, but more than enough which do a better job in physics, lifelike movement, tactics and even visuals. There is absolutely no need to play FC25 just because it is new (at least for offline players).
I respect your opinion, but I'm an offline player and I'm not buying the game just because it's current, I can mention n variables that I think this game is better than FIFA 16, it has obvious flaws, but it's not bad, I'm 38 years old And I've played some FIFA and PES lol, as for the non-stop running and the problem with the cb staying still and the issue of configurations, FIFA has more than 50 control configurations

another issue who knows could be a bit of a lack of practice for us acistuma, for example, with the mechanism of a pes or fifa game and then finds the new mechanisms bad, another issue that helps with the cb and the exchange, especially when changing defenders, which helps a lot and having the player change indicator in the head activated

Also you play in tactical defense, as for running without stopping and no one stopping you, for me it never happened in FIFA, it only happens if I play with custom slides, in simulation it doesn't happen!

Is it me, (i am a pes player so maybe that is why)..but professional too easy but world class too hard...I think I will continue with world class even if i barely make a chance.
I have the same issue on any Fifa game. I think it's cause I'm not a very good dribbler. The way the game wants you to dribble and my years of playing Winning Eleven don't go well together. Can't do a skill to save my life and the players feel too floaty.

Not related to gameplay, but I am so grateful that they have finally added a ‘no sacking’ option for manager mode.

The career mode objectives were so bugged.

Nothing worse than building up your team or making great progress and then you end up getting sacked for not signing a defensive midfielder under the age of 21 or something equally as ridiculous 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Not related to gameplay, but I am so grateful that they have finally added a ‘no sacking’ option for manager mode.

Nothing worse than building up your team or making great progress and then you end up getting sacked for not signing a defensive midfielder under the age of 21 🤦🏻‍♂️
That is good, I think they should've also added a "Sack me" button you could press manually too, as there's been many times I've played so badly, that in the real world I would've got the sack ha.

My opinion for this game, the gameplay with the sim sliders and the CPU AI tactical sliders are the best vanilla gameplay since Fifa16 vanilla for the €A
FIFA/FC franchise.

But like Chris and other user still wrote it here, you have to change the player and AI sliders every match after kickoff.
And yea there are many bugs in this game, so god damn many bugs.

So I hope mods are coming out soon to make unlicensed teams real licensed, for example.

Nothing worse than building up your team or making great progress and then you end up getting sacked for not signing a defensive midfielder under the age of 21 🤦🏻‍♂️
good point

I had the famous speed bug late last night, it is present in any mod and in any setting, this thing has been a cancer for years.
If there was simply a mod to cancel this change I would be the happiest, for me it has something to do with the "internal clock" in the game, it only triggers in the evening and especially on weekends.

I had the famous speed bug late last night, it is present in any mod and in any setting, this thing has been a cancer for years.
If there was simply a mod to cancel this change I would be the happiest, for me it has something to do with the "internal clock" in the game, it only triggers in the evening and especially on weekends.
I was convinced this didn't exist and that it was just old farts like me being tired in the evening and feeling like everything was running faster.

However, last night nothing I did made that test game (Bolton vs Tranmere) play at a sensible pace, and today... It's slower.

Is it a sliders bug? Is it this "nighttime" bug? Who knows.

If this "nighttime" bug does exist, we could really do with documenting it with hard proof, so that there's a chance of it getting fixed (e.g. two game captures side-by-side using identical settings, showing a noticeable increase in game clock speed or player running speed etc...

I was convinced this didn't exist and that it was just old farts like me being tired in the evening and feeling like everything was running faster.

However, last night nothing I did made that test game (Bolton vs Tranmere) play at a sensible pace, and today... It's slower.

Is it a sliders bug? Is it this "nighttime" bug? Who knows.

If this "nighttime" bug does exist, we could really do with documenting it with hard proof, so that there's a chance of it getting fixed (e.g. two game captures side-by-side using identical settings, showing a noticeable increase in game clock speed or player running speed etc...
According to my research the nighttime bug works "multi-game", because whenever i had it on FIFA i had the same mysterious acceleration on PES, too.

So eye fatigue or alien control are the only remaining explanations.

According to my research the nighttime bug works "multi-game", because whenever i had it on FIFA i had the same mysterious acceleration on PES, too.

So eye fatigue or alien control are the only remaining explanations.
As I always say, why then do we not have the same impression of speed with any other video game if it came from fatigue? It's not just an impression, I will make two identical videos if I have time at different times.

Is it me, (i am a pes player so maybe that is why)..but professional too easy but world class too hard...I think I will continue with world class even if i barely make a chance.
I've found that too. You can't relax on WC or you get pinned in your own half and it's a struggle to get out with possession which is a good thing I guess. With FIFA 20-23 and EAFC 24, you could just walk your way through. I'm playing FUMA and simulation.

I've found that too. You can't relax on WC or you get pinned in your own half and it's a struggle to get out with possession which is a good thing I guess. With FIFA 20-23 and EAFC 24, you could just walk your way through. I'm playing FUMA and simulation.
I have the same settings and absolutely love the challenge this year.
I am struggling but it's far from being too hard.
Last few years walking across full pitch and having umpteen shots on goal was getting old so fast. This year I'm having some really good games against AI. Finally we have EA game that makes you punch the air when you score.

I just played about 10 games, only with simulation mode and all at a spectacular speed. I don't know if I'm going crazy, but I feel like the game gets faster at night. I see I'm not the only one, there must be something to solve this!

Nono, probaste apenas arranca el partido con cambiar de simulacion a normal y luego volver a simulacion?
(have you tried removing the simulate option and then putting it back on?)

Back
Top Bottom