E3 2009 - The Official Thread

In all honesty that camera thing looked amazing if it works. That's the kind of forward thinking we needed but the videos and live demonstations looked scripted and fake. And after Sony did the killzone 2 crap and then the mag thing you'd have expected better.

I'm not keen on the little boy game, why would i want to talk to some little shit and tell him to get on with his homework? But as a technological demonstration it's amazing.
-

what did microsoft show tonight.

A bunch of multi platforms, some average looking arcade games, another halo... and another halo... face book and twitter but you can do that and do more on the ps3's browser already so it's nothing to set it apart from the other console... an amazing eyetoy 'CONCEPT' and a 'talk to a small boy' game by lionhead which comes with a tutorial of how to play the game voiced over by Gary Glitter I think I heard.

Last edited:
Natal looks sick, i have been praying for Sony to take the PS eye serious but they just abandoned it.

Minority report baby!!

7pm tomorrow Sony have it all to do, this was very solid from MS

EA conference in a bit

What time does the EA event start?

does anyone have a link to the video of the natal thingymajigger?

n e way, before i watch it i hope its implemented better than the at the movies thing - that really is a festering pile of donkey shit

If there's an EA conference now, how come the FIFA 10 news isn't announced today too?

If there's an EA conference now, how come the FIFA 10 news isn't announced today too?

Surely Fifa 10 will be shown in conference at 10pm cant see where else it will be demo'd live as was said unless they do it during event.

Eye Toy...
Used right.

Sony were just to lazy with the eyetoy, MS will integrate it with their whole experience, while Sony just want to give us the odd game here and their.

Ppl have been calling for the PSeye to be integrated on the XMB since the PS3 launched. No Sony were sleeping

Sony are already ahead of MS on this but will they react fast enough?

Bcos MS will market this to the end of the earth, y will would i buy a Wii?

Is there anywhere I could get a recording of the Project Natale stuff?

I'd like to look over it again...

The Natal equipment will probably be quite pricey though.

OMG LOL!!! WTF is goin on here. Is there somekind of inside joke I didnt get? Why all the negativity? I can understand some people being pessimistic but that just takes the biscuit! Overall I thought the conference was really good (This is coming from someone who only plays on his PS3 because his 360 is broken and my Wii is gathering dust).

I dont give a flying fuck about Rock Band. Forza 3 looked really good. Crackdown 2 was expected and the trailer really showed nothing. Alan Wake looks great too. I always liked the Halo franchise so both titles were welcome additions but I do think they are milking it a bit too much now.

Even though I use Facebook a lot (dont use Twitter yet) I can already do all that through my PS3 browser. All of this could have been achieved if the 360 had a browser from the start.

The motion camera looked brilliant but whether the final product delivers is another seperate deal. Overall it was pretty good. :)

msft-e3-2009-keynote0473-rm-eng.jpg

msft-e3-2009-keynote0476-rm-eng.jpg

Microsoft had more news than they could fit in their press briefing, announcing an on-demand download gaming service during a post-briefing lunch. Microsoft points not required

Xbox Live's Marc Whitten announced that, starting in August, Xbox 360 owners will be able to download full Xbox 360 games. Titles shown in a dashboard mock-up included Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect and Civilization IV.

New games will be offered each week.

Microsoft points will not be required, as the service will support credit card purchases.

Whitten declined to say how closely the games will be released to regular retail releases. Prices were not announced.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt they have much juicy info on FIFA 10, probably just a trailer. Why would they talk about all the secret features already when the NDA is still there for two more days.

Edit: I would probably download a bunch of games instead of buying dvds if it wasn't for the tiny hdd in my xbox.

I will post a roundup of todays news later on tonight once its calmed down a bit. Too much information and announcements to keep up with!

Today from the E3 stage in Los Angeles, Microsoft announced plans to dramatically improve their HD video offering through a new technology that enables instant on 1080p streaming with 5.1 audio with Zune video on Xbox 360.

This implementation is as close to a "disc in the drive" experience as possible over the Internet. At a high-level, here is how it works:

* Video startup is nearly instantaneous because of the back-end proprietary Microsoft technology developed by Zune that seamlessly transitions between many different bitrates and resolutions of video.
* Video playback will start at a low bitrate for fast download time and then ramp up to a higher bitrate and quality, up to 1080p with 5.1 audio.
* Features such as smooth fast forward and rewind that users have only seen before with local physical media.

Can't see this working too well but we'll see.

right lads. i wil gvie my overal impression of the MS conference. it was brilliant and i am liking the look of some of the exclusive games plus the project natal stuff.

for me Sony has to do more then just add in game voice chat, cross game invite,MAG, PS3 Slim, PSP Go and God of war 3 to top MS's conference. Sony really need to announce a bombshell literely or else MS will run all over sony's ps3.

i am amazed at the potential the dashboard of the 360 can do and Sony needs to sort out there act with its own XMB.

This project natal stuff really sounds amazing and a potential wii beater and im not sure ps3 can top this.

GT5 MUST come out sometime this year or else they are in deep trouble. Forza 3 will come out in october and it is its main rivals of gran tourismo and those people who are still yet to have either console and love racing games would most probably get the 360 as forza 3 will(ATM) come out before GT5(which is still a mystery).

To think that Turn10 is about to release TWO SEQUALS since the last proper gran tourismo game is diabolical imo.

Alan wake? what can i say, that game i have been waiting for so long and i am glad its being released. this game will be awsome given by the video i saw. Ps3's heavy rain is the closest that will come in competing with alan wake. NOW this is a good time to own BOTH consoles and not be blinded like a fanboy

Sorry to go a bit off topic but i dont want to turn this into a 360 vs ps3 thread but im just expressing my amazement on MS's fantastic presentation.

cheers :)

Last edited:
Good post, Jonney.

We already know Sony are going to show the PSP GO, mention the PS3 slim and then show off games but the PS3 is starting to really lag behind the 360 now with regards to OS features and apps and Sony need to pull something out of the bag tomorrow.

Spotify please, Sony! :) I'm looking forward to seeing some more of Heavy Rain tomorrow but otherwise the Sony rumours on page one don't interest me much. Maybe the MAG beta, if it happens.

The only reason anyone is a fanboy is because fundementally they are either one of three things:

1) A male teenager suffering from real life insecurity issues who then must show that he is superior by comparing and mocking rival technology.

2) Is a peasant and cant afford all three (or at least two) consoles. Oh im sorry was that too harsh for these hard economic times!

3) Is an idiot.

Or it can be a magical combination of an insecure teenage with no job and a low IQ!

:))

Back
Top Bottom