Chelsea Thread

plan m you sure now how to write a load of B.S!! seriously the way you lot played the other day against Roma!! And you coming here and mouthing off and all!! bloody hell who lets people like these onto a computer much less a forum??

plan m you sure now how to write a load of B.S!! seriously the way you lot played the other day against Roma!! And you coming here and mouthing off and all!! bloody hell who lets people like these onto a computer much less a forum??

What are you talking about? He hasn't been in here for days???

They played a damn sight better than we did too!

I paste an article which I thought was very interesting and it is totally ignored. A lot of people on here are more interested in petty squabbles.

Anyway, for those who bothered to read it, I find the comments on Grant's position very interesting. Buck (and Roman) thought that this season would turn out much worse, so in that way Grant is out-performing expectations. However, if they thought it was going to be so bad, they can't have had any faith in the replacement which leads me to the hope that Grant is indeed only a caretaker manager.

Anyone have any (sensible) opinions about the Buck interview?

(ie. Prof, help me out here! ;) )

I do believe they are surprised, that at this point in the season, the club are still in both the CL and the title race. However, i don't believe AG will be in charge next season. He would have to win the CL to have any chance i reckon, in the least, to gain some respect. But that isn't going to happen. Hiddink, post Euro 2008? Michael Laudrup? Frank Rijkaard?

Last edited:
I think of any of the names currently in the running, Laudrup would appear to tick most of the boxes. Big name, hungry, shows signs of serious talent, could attract players to the club. My only worries would be

a) I haven't knowingly watched Getafe so I have no idea how they play
b) No knowledge of the Premier League (or English football generally)

I'd love Zola to come back, with some gruff old Italian keeping an eye on the defensive setup. I think he'd do great.

Because he clearly doesn't know what he's doing? Hows that for a start!?

The guy isn't up to it - if you really want to know why then read the last few pages. I don't want to think about him any longer than I have to.

Because he only has one gear.

I don't know if you have seen any Chelsea games this season, but they are pretty uninspiring/bad. I know JM did it too, but i hate seeing Essien at right back (when there are two fit RBs). I personally would like to see someone with a greater understanding of the game and with more tactical awareness/guile/balls/ability etc.

Grant has done enough to be given another chance. He got you back in the title race, with only 3 points behind United, still to play them at home, and in the semi finals of the CL. That's not bad is it?

Grant has done enough to be given another chance. He got you back in the title race, with only 3 points behind United, still to play them at home, and in the semi finals of the CL. That's not bad is it?

Agree mate. Victories aren't quite enough? Let's wait the end of season. Who knows if Avram Grant will be the first Chelsea coach winning the Champions League?

Lol - Non-Chelsea supporters want Grant to stay! What a surprise!

We're in no different a league position than we were before he took over. Arsenal and Liverpool have gone from the scene - but we're pretty much the same distance from the Mancs that we were back in September. He's also blown one cup final and the defence of the FA Cup ended at mighty Barnsley.

Our performances over the last couple of months have been abject and there is no leadership coming from the bench. Again on Wednesday we were poorly prepared and totally unorganised. I watch us week in, week out and I can tell you that we haven't looked less like a team since John Hollins was in charge.

So please - no more give "Grant a chance". He's had it and he's fooked it up.

sorry guys about my earlier post was in the midst of packing and thus replied late to a Plan M comment. Hope we can have a good game like Liverpool and ManU!! Goals for us only!! btw albeit a little late but a good post to read T Butcher Fan. I am also not a fan of Grant but the way he steadied the ship when it was having problems was commendable. Let's reserve our comments about him after the Champions League and the Premier League is settled shall we? Till then go BLUES!!!

Grant is a tool - I have to let off steam or I explode.

So Wigan tonight. On the face of it this looks a dead rubber, but looking at the mancs yesterday I still think they could slip up somewhere down the line so we still need to win every game. I just wish someone else was in charge. I've got absolutely no faith in the man.....

Terry and Prof,

I'm not a Chelsea fan, but as a neutral i would say that Grant has done splendid.
Like someone above said: semi-final CL and still a title contender,who would have thought that.
And about the Premiership, maybe Man Utd played the better football but they 've got the pressure this season...Chelsea is clearly the outsider...nobody expects them to win...
About the managers that are mentioned here: i think only Hiddink would suit Chelsea.
Managers that i would suggest (but who am i????): Trond Sollied, Juan de Ramos, Eric Gerets but above all JC himself: Johan Cruijff...

I think that's the end of the Grant debates, don't you? Another trophy handed to someone on a plate.

Don't worry Liverpool, you'll get your turn next week.

If the cunt had any fucking self respect he would resign.

Stand up if you love Emilie Heskey!

109heskey_468x697.jpg

:DUMMY::DUMMY:

Incredible! This season Chelsea had lost some many points at home!
Congrats Manchester United, you won it!

Off-topic: rushilhalflife, change your signature. Is Queiroz not Queirez. And yes, he is gay with Fergie. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom