Chelsea Thread

Guys big game on Tuesday the champions league fixture what do you think will be the squad chosen by Grant? I want a 4-4-2 but i'm sure we will get a more 4-3-3 again!!
cech or cudicini?? Belletti/ Paulo?? Terry & Carvalho/Alex?? Cole Makalele Ballack/lampard?? Essien Kalou Joe Cole Anelka/Drogba?? who to take??

I reckon Grant will play a 6-3-1 formation with Cudicini playing as the lone striker.

We need 2 goals so no doubt the instructions will be "keep it tight, frustrate the crowd early doors, keep possesion yadda, yadda".

To paraphrase Larry David, I am non-plussed about tomorrow night. I think I'd rather be at home....

Guys big game on Tuesday the champions league fixture what do you think will be the squad chosen by Grant? I want a 4-4-2 but i'm sure we will get a more 4-3-3 again!!
cech or cudicini?? Belletti/ Paulo?? Terry & Carvalho/Alex?? Cole Makalele Ballack/lampard?? Essien Kalou Joe Cole Anelka/Drogba?? who to take??

It gonna be the same 443 with essien or feireira moving to right back , drogba instead of Anelka and Kalou or Malouda for the left wing

Because he's an attacking winger frustrated by playing in such a defensive and negative team?

Regardless of the team, he should be playing well. Joe Cole manages to do well when played. As a matter of fact, one of Malouda's biggest strength is his defensive work, he tracks back a lot to help out his team, and is overall defensively very good. He should flourish here.

Yeah very true mate. To be quite honest you could say the same about Babel. A great talent but we haven't seen his best form yet. Most foreign players need at least a season to settle into the Premiership. Look at Ronaldo's first season at United - average at best.

Malouda has been poor. We needed a winger to replace Robben but he hasn't been up to the job. He was injured for a couple of months and I had completely forgotten he was ever here until he came back into the reserves. Hopefully he'll be gone in the summer.

On the other hand I like Babel - hasn't been very impressive I agree, but every once in a while I see glimpses of the player he could be.

Malouda has been poor. We needed a winger to replace Robben but he hasn't been up to the job. He was injured for a couple of months and I had completely forgotten he was ever here until he came back into the reserves. Hopefully he'll be gone in the summer.

On the other hand I like Babel - hasn't been very impressive I agree, but every once in a while I see glimpses of the player he could be.

I am personally shocked at how average Malouda has been. I personally thought he would fit right in the league. He was pure class at Lyon, and playing with a target man like Drogba should have benefited him ever more. Hasn't really replaced Robben, has he? Robben tore the Mallorca defense a new one the other day :-pp

I think both Babel and Lucas are adjusting. You can see glimpses of their class every now and then, but don't do it consistently. Confidence issue mainly, IMO. Doesn't help when your captain is giving you a bollocking for every misplaced pass....

Anyways, I think Malouda will leave, as well as quiet a few other players. Who do you guys want in as a new manager? Laudrup and Rikjkaard have been heavily linked. I personally think Rijkaard is a very poor man manager. Laudrup is what Chelsea need, a fresh breath of air.

I haven't seen much of Getafe so I can't really comment, but I certainly don't want Rijkaard. He has really good attacking players, and Xavi. Aside from that they are a poor team.

Having Messi, Henry, Eto'o etc. up front seems to be their only defensive policy. He'd certainly make us more attractive, but we'd get beat twice a month too....

Laudrup might be what the doctor ordered. Wouldn't want Rijkaard as he is too one dimensional and plays the same 4-3-3 formation.
Malouda has been poor maybe cause it's his first year and maybe he needs confidence playing time? We don't know who knows if he stays he might be amazing next season? (hoping of course). I hope if next season if we manage to have a new manager or same ol' Grant I wish to see some Youth players coming into the 1st squad!!

no i guess instead of Sir Alex, Grant can ask our more "educated" fans over here on squad lineup!! Any of knowledgeable punts up for it??

Here's my line up for the rest of the season:

.....................................Cudicini or Cech...................................
Ferreira...................Alex....................Carvalho...................Cole
........................................Makelele............................................
...........Essien....................Lampard......................Joe Cole........
...........................Drogba.................Anelka................................

Really could do with a proper winger because this lacks width, but Essien and Cole down the wings are about as good as we'll get at the minute. Should put the fear of God into more than a few teams.

Terry's not fit and Alex hasn't put a foot wrong all season, it was out of order to drop him just because Terry was back.

Ballack can't really play wide, and in the middle no one is better than Lampard.

Cech out for 2 weeks were not the only ones losing players to injury.

We've played a league game this season without our entire first choice back 5!

I don't remember a time when we didn't have an injury to a major player to be honest. It was probably some time in '06, since then it's been non-stop.

We've played a league game this season without our entire first choice back 5!

I don't remember a time when we didn't have an injury to a major player to be honest. It was probably some time in '06, since then it's been non-stop.

In all honesty then what do you reckon is your best 11?

Eh? Aside from the guy you have just pointed out to us is out injured for a fortnight, you mean?

I'm afraid I don't get the point you're making.

Eh? Aside from the guy you have just pointed out to us is out injured for a fortnight, you mean?

I'm afraid I don't get the point you're making.

Basically your not missing a 1st 11 player mate thats all I'm saying you may have injuries to others but its not injuries which will make you change your lineup.

I would still like to see Quaresma on the wing, or someone very much like that. And as DD is off in the summer, a striker who can partner Anelka well. (I actually think Anelka and Crespo might have been a good partnership). I'd like to see two upfront again as a regular feature. The lone striker role was very much to accomadate DD.

god Young_GunUK!! such an uneducated fan!! Once ManU started to slip you coming up with such idiotic excuses!!! Shame on you mate.. Also for the record Chelsea always were plagued by injury crisis throughout all the tournaments. If it weren't the injuries ACN. We showed our depth and quality!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom