Chelsea Thread

He looks done.
He might score a few against relegation fodder, given the chances he'll be served up on a silver platter by Hazard/Fabregas but the same could have been said about Bamford or any ST with 2 legs. He reminds me of Torres and Fowler - destroyed by injury

On Wenger vs Mourinho, they're both classless twats and the way they act is an embarrassment.
Don't think you can count this game as a breaking of Mourinho's domination over Wenger. Mourinho won't be bothered by losing in a preseason friendly.

I feel different, Mou would want to win inside a closed garage to get the better of him. Its a friendly Arsenal won back 2 back , maybe the friendly means nothing ,but it solidifies things for Arsenal :ROCK:

I have a feeling we are going to destroy Arsenal in PL If Mourinho wants. The only thing worries me is that we need a world class play maker and a solid defender and Costa fit.

petr won't allow it ;) buying more players is not the answer. Whose your 2nd (RB)?

The thing is, Arsenal had always been great when it comes to friendly. On the season is when they start to have problems. Although I do agree, Cech will save them a lot of times this season.

I don`t know about friendlies its been awhile since we won the Emirates cup lol .We haven`t had a strong squad for friendlies. I dont think Chelsea fans know what it feels like to have your best players leaving having the rest of the squad feel less worthy . Arsenal usually has a great half of the season , whether its the start or the 2nd half. Last season we had (1) fit CB and had to fill the spot w/ a fullback . Its not no one`s fault but Wenger . Like most been saying this might be the 1st time and our best chance to challenge for the title.

I just feel too many smaller clubs has added strength to their respected squad .I think every game will be played like a final. At the end I think it will be the same top 4 :COAT: MUTD-MCFC-CFC-AFC

I don`t know about friendlies its been awhile since we won the Emirates cup lol .We haven`t had a strong squad for friendlies. I dont think Chelsea fans know what it feels like to have your best players leaving having the rest of the squad feel less worthy . Arsenal usually has a great half of the season , whether its the start or the 2nd half. Last season we had (1) fit CB and had to fill the spot w/ a fullback . Its not no one`s fault but Wenger . Like most been saying this might be the 1st time and our best chance to challenge for the title.

I just feel too many smaller clubs has added strength to their respected squad .I think every game will be played like a final. At the end I think it will be the same top 4 :COAT: MUTD-MCFC-CFC-AFC

Putting Liverpool out of the picture I see. I think Liverpool will surprise everyone now that Sturridge have a partner on attacking force. Expect them to have scores like 3-2, 4-3, 4-2, etc since their defense have potential holes. It is going to be a top 5 battle for the title.

Liverpool has too many new players w/ a average GK. Everyone at the start will be challenging I think Spurs will be better than Liverpool . I think Kane will be 2nd or 3rd highest scorer. Liverpool has a disadvantage fixtures in the 1st 2 months. A big ask for a new squad (if) you ask me. I could be wrong , maybe , maybe.

What on earth is wrong with Chelsea? Forget about the title, with this performance, we won't make it on top 4. Need a better backup striker, a good play maker who drives the team forward and john stones. The build up play is good but until we make some changes, we should park the bus.

I'd imagine everyone would play w/ the hand brakes on . I believe what matters start @weekend .Although the little that I watched I was more puzzled by 5minutes added time on a friendly lol.

We need a box to box midfielder, a backup LB and a good RB. FFS this is an atrocious performance.

Edit: Our defense is poor. Even Man Utd defense is more stable than ours.

Last edited:
Think you are exaggerating a bit w/ performance it was a good match and a fair result. I think to draw after 10men vs a spd attacking team is good. I think Swansea played above their level.

Think you are exaggerating a bit w/ performance it was a good match and a fair result. I think to draw after 10men vs a spd attacking team is good. I think Swansea played above their level.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect on the next match. Things need to be changed and sorted out asap.

If Montero can do that to Ivanovic today surely Sterling must be licking his lips.
That said, I expect a much better Chelsea next week.

Oscar looked more of a threat then Fabregas (he should of been subbed). Hazard was playing more centrally then usual . I think sharpness and match fitness is still an issue for all atm. Players leaving walking about cramping and disoriented lol. I was shock to see Diego starting & finishing the game. He and Terry look proper naughty when calls go against them :LOL:

Last edited:
Come on talk seriously.

The result was good, because Chelsea play more than 30 minutes without a player, the situation was the same than Arsenal match... Chelsea offering a barrage of attack, and Swansea keeping well the defensive position and taking advantage of the counterattacks for the numerical superiority.

Really nobody remember that at this year come into operation the financial fair play???

Chelsea is the current champion of PL, and only lose three players Drogba (retirement), Cech (own decision) and Filipe (economic interest). Roman think that Chelsea must to be exemplar economic club and believes the champion team does not need reinforcements.

This season the squad is practically the same as the last season (Falcao improves Drogba but Begovic not improve Cech). The problem is that the rival teams have improved a lot their squads bypassing the financial fair play.

Chelsea is doing what he has to do this season, KEEP THE MAIN WINNER BLOCK... if things go wrong during the season must correct on winter transfermarket or providing an opportunity for young players (actual winners of UEFA YOUTH LEAGUE).

Roman must learn from past mistakes like signing as a personal whim Shevchenko breaking the bank. That way ensure the long-term viability of the team economy.

First 20 mins was the best I've seen Oscar play. Very weird celebration. Looked like he was glaring at Mourinho

I think he was pissed at the team because we took another brilliant free kick into the box but none was there to tap it in. I was really annoyed when he was benched. Not expecting much from Chelsea against Man City.

Back
Top Bottom